IGNORED

More Info on Doug Wilson, Pedophile Enabler

bea

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This probably contains info we already know, but I figure I will link it just in case:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/christian-town-ultra-conservative-church-090003851.html

Thank you. That's a detailed article and I'm glad to see it appear in a more general media forum.

Sunlight and public scrutiny are Doug Wilson's green kryptonite

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

The Guardian article that the Yahoo article is based on is an excellent synopsis of all males who are involved in the church at a high level, and how entwined the church and Wilson are with various businesses and Christ Church spin offs (schools, colleges, et al.).  There was a lot in there I wasn't familiar with.  

I was interested to read that numerous of these entities by design, are structured as nonprofits with opaque finances. 

Christ Church itself is an unincorporated nonprofit, which means that it is not obliged to provide details of its finances to government authorities. Many entities associated with the church are either also unincorporated, like the Logos School, or, like publisher Canon Press, are operated by a network of limited liability companies (LLCs) which are similarly limited in their accountability.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

This Twitter thread could be posted in many other current topics in Snark but the fact that Doug Wilson is an integral part of rats' nest of fundie assholes is significant.

So many others in the rats' nest shown here have claimed they know nothing of or have had nothing to do with Wilson.

1002601633_RatsNest.thumb.jpg.58cc1559278b3602f34b8134d7e2a3bb.jpg

Edited by hoipolloi
Clarity
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

@hoipolloi I had to laugh (and breath a sigh of relief) that Kevin Bacon is on the bulletin board and is untouched by all of them :)

• Haha 10
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

@hoipolloi I had to laugh (and breath a sigh of relief) that Kevin Bacon is on the bulletin board and is untouched by all of them :)

I have been two degrees from Kevin Bacon twice:

I saw his wife Kyra Sedgwick in a live performance of Twelfth Night at Lincoln Center (with bonus Paul Rudd!).

An actor friend told me he once flirted with her.

• Love 4

2 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I had to take a long look at that chart, because...well, Kevin B....and there he was! 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Howl said:

I had to take a long look at that chart, because...well, Kevin B....and there he was! 

and now you see him automatically! :)

• Upvote 5

On 11/8/2021 at 9:29 AM, quiversR4hunting said:

That's hilarious! 🤣

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Well, well, well.

Look who's grabbing federal bailout money with one hand, while protesting Idaho's COVID mandates with the other:

Recent tax filings made available by ProPublica show that ACCS took out a PPP loan for $75,800, and then took out another PPS loan for the same amount in 2021, for a total of $151,600. Although SBA records show that the earlier loan was repaid, there is no indication that the subsequent loan has been.

The growth of ACCS and the foundation of more colleges like NSAC led to the formation of a company, Classic Learning Initiatives, which devised the classical learning test as a means of standardized testing for Christian schools, for students seeking entry into Christian universities.

SBA records show that CLI was forgiven $282,479 in PPP loans. The company features on its leadership body Ben Merkle, the president of NSAC, and Daniel Foucachon, characterized there as a “national leader in educational renewal”.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 5

21 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Well, well, well.   Look who's grabbing federal bailout money with one hand, while protesting Idaho's COVID mandates with the other:

Dayum.  I'm kinda blown away that The Guardian is doing coverage of Christ Church and their shenanigans. The reporter's bio shows he's in Portland, though, so maybe Christ Church/western Idaho is part of his regional coverage. 

• Upvote 5

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't realize that the Guardian was doing a series on pedo-lover Doug Wilson. Here's the third article:

Wilson’s son Nathan [N.D.] Wilson and his manager and close associate, Aaron Rench, have simultaneously been attempting to crowdfund a creationist nature documentary starring Douglas Wilson’s brother, Gordon, and have continued to market young adult fiction through a mainstream publisher.

They have also entered into complicated financial arrangements which appear to divert money to a troubled charity associated with Christ Church and silently taken control of a number of Christ Church-associated businesses through LLCs which have limited legal and financial reporting obligations.

• Thank You 6

They have also entered into complicated financial arrangements which appear to divert money to a troubled charity associated with Christ Church and silently taken control of a number of Christ Church-associated businesses through LLCs which have limited legal and financial reporting obligations.

Red flag territory.  First question that should be asked by Christ Church congregants: Why are you doing this?  The only reason to avoid transparency is related to nefarious activities, such as hiding the identity of who is buying properties/businesses Moscow, ID.  Remember that Wilson's state purpose is to take over the town and he's gotten some bad press in the local paper over it.  This also masks church assets from the membership. 

A reminder that four of Mars Hill's former members brought a civil racketeering lawsuit against Mark Driscoll.   

Lawsuit accuses Mark Driscoll of misusing Mars Hill Church tithes   (RNS) The suit alleges Driscoll and Mars Hill executive elder John Sutton Turner solicited donations through the mail and Internet for specific purposes, then used that money for other things.  

"Among the allegations: It contends that millions donated by church members to support missionaries overseas appear to have stayed in the U.S. It also claims the church paid $210,000 to a company called Result Source to land Driscoll’s book, “Real Marriage: The Truth about Sex, Friendship and Life Together” on the best-seller lists of The New York Times and others.

The link above is to a Religious News Services article. It was also heavily covered by local secular sources, like the Seattle Times

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

4 hours ago, Howl said:

First question that should be asked by Christ Church congregants: Why are you doing this?

Sadly, the Christ Church sheeple won't be asking that or any other questions. They've proven time and again that they have neither the moral standards nor the backbone to do so. Unless the Wilson racket is violating IRS or state tax laws, I'd guess nothing will happen re: cult finances.

We can only hope that the good, non-cult people of Moscow, ID continue to police Wilson's attempt to take over the town and are successful in doing so.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

19 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Sadly, the Christ Church sheeple won't be asking that or any other questions. They've proven time and again that they have neither the moral standards nor the backbone to do so.

And any that do so would probably get kicked out and shunned. The Kirk is not a place for probing questions. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

Unless the Wilson racket is violating IRS or state tax laws

Convoluted structuring creates an opaque financial entity, and  hides assets within the church to avoid any tax liability or any type of scrutiny of Christ Church financial shenanigans.  

I've not heard of Doug Wilson being an ostentatious big spender, but at least his daughter lives a house with an amazing designer kitchen with wrap around windows looking over a lovely forested vista, with a huge sink, one big enough to require two full-sized designer faucets. 

In a stunning bit of Wilsonian arrogance, she photographed herself in this kitchen in a post criticizing and shaming women for spending time looking at pictures and videos of amazing houses and kitchens that they'll never be able to afford.   Yes, she did this on Facebook.  

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1

23 hours ago, Howl said:

I've not heard of Doug Wilson being an ostentatious big spender

Squirreling away money so he has somewhere to hide when his sins find him out?

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Columbia said:

Squirreling away money so he has somewhere to hide when his sins find him out?

Or afford good lawyers. 

I can't imagine that housing prices/taxes are very high in Moscow, so $$$$$ go farther than in a big city.  Cost of groceries and gas could be higher than in a metropolitan area. 

• Upvote 2

I just saw this proof that House o’ Dougie has some liberal competition!

Spoiler

CF47BBF6-773F-4D41-B403-62DF51F7FA17.jpeg

1888F70A-52F8-4CEB-8BB9-34EE6245224B.jpeg

Edited by Hane
Damn finicky spoiler!
  • Upvote 6

On 10/4/2021 at 12:28 AM, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

Audra Botkin shared the article on Facebook and while the whole discussion is interesting, the comments from Ben, Audri and her mother and sister are really encouraging. I’m glad for them and how far they’ve come. 

About the same time as I was catching up on this topic,I ran across this comment by Ben on a FB post talking about a book published by Canon Press teaching that fathers should cultivate fear in their families to teach them about god.

I tried to copy a link to the comment, but I seem to have copied the comment itself.

Spoiler

Beyond being bad doctrine and damaging to women and children in ways mentioned in the comments, this kind of teaching is very destructive to (well-intentioned*) fathers as well. 

Just as those under the dad bear the heavy yoke of submitting to him as a near-deity, so the dad bears the heavy yoke of being a near-deity: if he doesn't control his wife just right she will rebel/backslide/feminize. If he doesn't model masculinity to his kids just right they will turn into clueless, destructive (what he saids) to society. If he doesn't have the perfect vision for the family unto the thousandth generation the people will perish. If he doesn't have the perfect doctrine AND teach it to his family well/often enough, everyone will fall prey to bad doctrine.

Everything depends on him to conform to a certain flavor of masculinity and if he doesn't everything will go to hell. Ugh. What an awful burden! I'm so glad I dont need to be God to my wife or my boys. The relief of surrendering power and control (and the fear that often comes with them) to Him is hard to describe. 

(*I say "well-intentioned" because there are definitely some hard-hearted men who  relish a god-like position of power without thought for the damage they do themselves and others.)

I’m not sure if this will work, but I’m going to try to link this public FB post in this spoiler:

Spoiler

Nope. Can’t figure out how to do it. It’s from Valerie Jacobson’s FB post 3 days ago (so, December 5?).

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 2

It will never be lost on me that Ben wound up everything that his father/VF would have wanted sons to grow up to be (protects his wife and children, honors women, brave, makes hard decisions) but not in any way that VF would ever have recognized. Because he actually did it instead of just blathering about it like DPIAT et al. 

• Upvote 11

• 4 weeks later...

Daniel Kleven - who I referenced in another thread regarding his posts on Piper and Dabney has dug up a few bits of older material on Wilson. This is in connection with his being a speaker at a conference by the 'Southern Heritage Society', extracts from Wilson's presentation:

As he points out, this runs counter to Wilson's frequent protestations that he is a 'paleo' rather than neo-Confederate.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 3

I don’t know what this will look like for her, but I hope it ends with Steven Stitler and Doug Wilson sharing a jail cell for a long, long time. 

4E3E26CD-CB52-4373-8894-95C30B1897ED.jpeg

• Upvote 16
  • Thank You 1

Wilson seems to have upped his rhetoric in a manner that doesn't allow for much back-pedalling and indicative that he believes this is the endgame.  Basically going down the road of the election being rigged and violence perhaps being necessary:

• Disgust 1
  • Thank You 3

Obvious that Nate Wilson (Canon Press is Nate, right?) is as much of an asshole as his father -- maybe more of one -- demonstrating that he can continue the Wilson tradition of hateful, inflammatory, wing-nutty, word-smithy and very controversial rhetoric. 

Here's what I can say with some certainty:  If any CRECers act out and commit a crime (like murder) at a Wilson's behest or influence, or wind up dead* because they took this ugly rhetoric literally,  no Wilson or Wilson adjacent person will be culpable because no Wilson spawn or spouse would have sufficient cajones to be violent or commit a violent act and they'll say their comments were taken out of context. 

*Murdering and getting killed could certainly be part of one incident. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Howl said:

Obvious that Nate Wilson (Canon Press is Nate, right?) is as much of an asshole as his father -- maybe more of one -- demonstrating that he can continue the Wilson tradition of hateful, inflammatory, wing-nutty, word-smithy and very controversial rhetoric.

Yes - and he gets mainstream money via things like the Hello Ninja series.

Interestingly if you click on that tweet you can find Sproul Jr showing up to defend Wilson and plead for charity. 🙄

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic