IGNORED

More Info on Doug Wilson, Pedophile Enabler

bea

Pedo-loving Doug Wilson has been busy in the publishing world. He also wrote a blurb for a how-to book on Christian Nationalism.

• Disgust 3
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 3

12 hours ago, stylites said:

Separately, I notice that Mohler is to be published by Canon Press:

FcPcNsvWQA0qDti?format=jpg&name=900x900

Apparently, they did not have his permission to do this. More plagiarism for Moscow! To bad Mohler didn't denounce them entirely. After this Canon Press doubled down with a MOHLER discount code, so who knows what they're thinking. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

Apparently, they did not have his permission to do this.

I absolutely LOVE it when assholes get in a fight with each other.

Put another way, one of my late colleagues used to say that his first rule of conflict was "Let the assholes get in a fight with each other."

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

im not very familiar with ip laws so forgive my ignorance, but can they be penalized somehow for uploading without mohlers permission if they are financially profiting from the audiobooks? would that be theft of mohlers intellectual property?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CaseyGrace said:

im not very familiar with ip laws so forgive my ignorance, but can they be penalized somehow for uploading without mohlers permission if they are financially profiting from the audiobooks? would that be theft of mohlers intellectual property?

It looks like they found stuff that was essentially in the public domain and decided to publicize their publication in a way that gave the misleading impression that Mohler was onboard.  They've now doubled down and are using his name as a discount code. 🤥

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

1 hour ago, stylites said:

It looks like they found stuff that was essentially in the public domain and decided to publicize their publication in a way that gave the misleading impression that Mohler was onboard.  They've now doubled down and are using his name as a discount code. 🤥

I fully believed that he had hopped on the Moscow train. It’s so weird. The majority of Moscow members/fans probably write Al Mohler off as “woke.” (I’m not sure why he’s woke now.) He’s the last person I would expect DW to include on that Canon app, though the irony of his name getting sucked into yet another pedophile’s den is not lost on me. He was a big fan of CJ Mahaney and, I believe, defended him when the SGM scandals came out. A few years ago the Denhollanders basically drug an apology and call for an investigation out of him after putting all the evidence right in front of him. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Doug Wilson interviewed in NBC Meet the Press segment on Christian Nationalism

Plan to watch tonight but sharing here too: https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/video/christian-nationalism-on-the-rise-148548677936

Twitter afire with people supporting Doug (blah) and he is capitalizing on his moment of spotlight, but I'm glad for more mainstream attention to his garbage.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

I just watched it. NBC did a decent job summarizing the awfulness, considering it was only a 30 minute segment and not all about Moscow. 

High point: Doug is quoted about "marriage is a kingdom and man is a king" and female interviewer says: "Why can't they be equals?" And Doug actually stumbles for a bit. I'm going to guess it's b/c he's used to debating other Christians with complimentarianism arguments rather than reality. But then he just goes: we believe the Bible means we're different or something equally asinine. Later, the interviewer just says: I don't understand why any woman would submit to that. 

Angry point: They reference one of Doug's pedo defenses and Doug makes it a persecution complex. He says there are 20-30 sex offenders in Moscow but only one whose name is known. He's says that's b/c of where they go to church, and it's a way to get to him (Doug). (Narcissist flags!!!) 

I want the narrator to pop in: Actually, listener, the reason the community knows the names of the pedophiles (AS THEY FING SHOULD!) is b/c Doug, married him off in his church. 

I did like that the interviewer got in a final dig, suggesting that despite Doug's dreams of taking over Moscow, it doesn't look like that will happen unless they import converts. In her opinion, Christ Church has kind of maxed out. There's 2000 people in the church & 25K in the community, the majority of which do not appreciate their evangelism.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 9

3 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

Doug Wilson interviewed in NBC Meet the Press segment on Christian Nationalism

I can't watch it as I'm geoblocked - did they cover Wilson's endorsement of Andrew Torba's book on Christian Nationalism?

Edited by stylites
  • Upvote 1

Angry point: They reference one of Doug's pedo defenses and Doug makes it a persecution complex. He says there are 20-30 sex offenders in Moscow but only one whose name is known. He's says that's b/c of where they go to church, and it's a way to get to him (Doug). (Narcissist flags!!!)

I can think of four pedophiles at Christ Church,  one of whom was "exposed" this past year with CSA on his phone.  I strongly suspect there are more that Doug Wilson has managed to successfully suppress. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

45 minutes ago, stylites said:

I can't watch it as I'm geoblocked - did they cover Wilson's endorsement of Andrew Torba's book on Christian Nationalism?

They did not, unfortunately. Neither did they mention his recent endorsement of the Christian Nationalism homeschool curricula.

They definitely were framing it with Christian Nationalism concerns, and DW for sure confirmed that with his stated goals. Anne the interviewer asked at one point if he wanted to see what he's done at Moscow replicated. He said yes and later kind of admitted it was impossible without repentance and revival which they fervently pray for. 

Having read the buzz on twitter, I was cynical, b/c people were kind of complaining it didn't expose DW enough. Which is true, but since the clip wasn't really to expose DW so much as open conversation about Christian Nationalism, I think they did a decent job of hitting on some key things in a short period of time: his misogyny as evidenced in males/husbands as dominant, his rejection of same sex marriage (she asked if non-Christians would be welcome in his vision of theocracy, and he said yes, and she immediately followed up w/same sex marriage - he said, no, they couldn't legally marry b/c Bible says it's a choice and sin but they - I guess? - could still be there or something. She said: even though same sex marriage is legal? And he was like: you mean, like Roe was?), they showed the recent Christ Church guy who got arrested for CSAM and referenced Sitler (but not Wight). They briefly interviewed some young adults who used to be part of the community and left it and two female pastors in Moscow who reject DW's teaching and also spotlighted the gathering unmasked during COVID to sing psalms. They also interviewed a local politician who named his racist comments about benevolent slavery as well as that someone in his church said they should stone trans people. But they jumped to his blog where he denies this, so it was more of description than anything. They also talked about his multimillion dollar empire w/school and publishing and stuff. 

They interviewed Doug himself so I'm sure he's lapping up the publicity. 

Edited by neuroticcat
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7

42 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

They did not, unfortunately. Neither did they mention his recent endorsement of the Christian Nationalism homeschool curricula.

Nor did they mention the serious and repeated plagiarism found in Canon Press products.

42 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

since the clip wasn't really to expose DW so much as open conversation about Christian Nationalism, I think they did a decent job of hitting on some key things in a short period of time

Considering it was Chuck Todd, who is a hapless tool, I also thought they did pretty well. The discussion panel had good members, especially Anthea Butler & Andrew Whitehead, who have both studied and published on Christian nationalism. 

I am always left with the feeling though that most journalists do not have sufficient background information to deal with these people -- like the Anderson Cooper interview with Mike & Debi Pearl some years ago. I mean, anyone who knows what fucksticks the Pearls are would pick up on it in the interview, but Cooper didn't really grill them the way he should have done. So, the unaware viewer would be left thinking "Why is Anderson Cooper being so rude to Grandpa and Grandma?" Similarly, I thought that the reporter should have challenged Wilson more. Too many of his statements were allowed to stand or were not rebutted well, such as the multiple CSA cases in his cult, that @neuroticcat mentioned.

I did think it was good that they provided a bit of historical background on Christian nationalism by referencing Michael Peroutka who's currently running for AG in MD as a Republican. Doug Phillips kissed Peroutka's ass for years and exhorted his cult members to vote for him when Peroutka ran as the US Presidential candidate of the Constitution Party.

Edited by hoipolloi
Clarity
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Anderson Cooper had the Pearl's on? !!!???

I agree. I mean, I'm GLAD mainstream news are spotlighting these things - it's important. But I think they also need to get an exfundie or exhomeschooler or someone like that on their panels, too, b/c I think for someone outside of the subculture they can't fully get to the bottom of the abusive dynamics without a deep dive. It's like speaking another language. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Anderson Cooper had the Pearl's on? !!!???

Yes. This was in 2011 after 2-3 children had been murdered by their parents who were following the TTUAC abuse manual. Here's a transcript and here's a short clip of Pearl on the show.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

I was appalled that we here knew far more about the Pearls’ toxicity than Anderson Cooper did. He didn’t even manage to scare up that horrifying video in which ol’ Mikey demonstrates child abuser techniques by gleefully whaling on a rag doll with a switch.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Saw the Exposing Moscow people suggest that BBC is also about to do something on Doug. Apparently, Doug et al made some statement how they make sure the lib media can't spin the story by running their own cameras simulatenously, as they did with NBC and will do with BBC.

They legit cannot stand the idea of anyone having autonomy outside of them.

• Upvote 1

Costi Hinn, nephew of prosperity gospel preacher and con-man Benny Hinn has come out in full denunciation of Doug Wilson. He mentions not just the theological issues with Wilson’s teaching, but his toxic views of men and women. He’s going to get a ton of hate for this because there’s nothing the Calvinists like more than another Calvinist who only speaks about their enemies’ faults. I’m really surprised that he did this, and I also think he’ll be one of the few church leaders who will be able to say “I told you so” in about 5 years. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Wow. That's nice to see. I wish John Piper would do the same. Costi will probably get a ton of hate for it, but I imagine he's used to it since he basically exposed his relatives for their prosperity gospel grifting & named them heretics. I don't love that he landed in a pretty uber reformed place, but I can respect the consistency of at least attempting to apply what you believe across the board. And I'm always hopeful that when people are willing to do things like this they at least are open to perspectives outside their tribe.

• Upvote 3

Looks like Costi may have been bullied/intimidated into recanting. Whatever deal he and Doug/Doug’s flunkies might come to regarding Federal Vision weirdness, I hope he presses them hard about all the sexual predators in that church and how they’ve been shrugged off. That’s a lot harder to excuse than Doug’s intentionally vague theology. 

• Thank You 1

2 hours ago, Columbia said:

Looks like Costi may have been bullied/intimidated into recanting.

Or, sadly, blackmailed.

I donʻt think itʻs farfetched that Costi Hinn has one or more mouldering skeletons in his own closet, like so many white fundie males. 

Gotta say, Matthew 18 has probably covered more sins than the Devil himself. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Or, sadly, blackmailed.

I donʻt think itʻs farfetched that Costi Hinn has one or more mouldering skeletons in his own closet, like so many white fundie males. 

Yeah, I thought about that too. He had a whole lot of protection as Benny Hinn’s nephew (and access to soooo much money.) It wouldn’t surprise me if there was an NDA somewhere out there with Costi’s name on it. 

I’m very curious to see what the official statement will be tomorrow. I think Costi severely underestimated what he was dealing with. He thought he was addressing someone who would play by the Biblical rules and didn’t realize he was actually going after a mafia don. 

• I Agree 2

its interesting how quickly he was shut down over mild criticism of Doug by his cronies..... I think they know/are afraid that if someone with costi's influence said something people would start to open their eyes. 

hopefully this helps costi realize that he traded in one prosperity cult for another....

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

What pisses me off is that doug will get on his blog and call women c words as well as publically malign and call out ppl (including abuse victims from his church and their spouses) but when someone wants to call him out it has to be done in the kindest and softest way possible AND EVEN THEN it well not be well received... Just arrogance and audacity plain and simple. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic