IGNORED

More Info on Doug Wilson, Pedophile Enabler

bea

53 minutes ago, CaseyGrace said:

What pisses me off is that doug will get on his blog and call women c words as well as publically malign and call out ppl (including abuse victims from his church and their spouses) but when someone wants to call him out it has to be done in the kindest and softest way possible AND EVEN THEN it well not be well received... Just arrogance and audacity plain and simple. 

G3 does the exact same thing. They’ll publicly drag Beth Moore or Beth Allison Barr or Kristen Kobes duMez and pitch a fit when they’re questioned about it, but anyone who calls them out has to jump through innumerable hoops and lick a few boots and maybe talk to a lawyer (it appears Jenna Ellis was in contact with Costi.) The smug superiority is absolutely blinding. 

• I Agree 3

On 9/16/2022 at 5:30 PM, neuroticcat said:

Angry point: They reference one of Doug's pedo defenses and Doug makes it a persecution complex. He says there are 20-30 sex offenders in Moscow but only one whose name is known. He's says that's b/c of where they go to church, and it's a way to get to him (Doug). (Narcissist flags!!!) 

I want to highlight this because this is such a genuinely narcissistic and just plain insane way of looking at this situation..... how does this not raise red flags to Dougs followers???

• I Agree 3

22 hours ago, CaseyGrace said:

how does this not raise red flags to Dougs followers???

Like many situations, his followers won't have a problem with Doug Wilson's shit until or unless they are directly affected. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I hope that some people watching the Costi situation unfold may begin to deconstruct.

I like how somebody above said something like: what a surprise for Costi to discover they aren't actually operating by "Bible rules" I really feel for the people who are all in 100% sincerity in that moment when they realize there's a whole bunch of "Christian leaders" out there who do not actually believe any of it.

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Like many situations, his followers won't have a problem with Doug Wilson's shit until or unless they are directly affected. 

Or until it gets so bad that it can’t be denied, like Ravi Zacharias. And even then, no one will admit they were wrong or missed a (few million) red flag. They’ll just hustle him off for a little “rehabilitation” and roll him out a year later in a brand new cult. Unless someone checks his hard drive and he finally winds up in jail, in which case it will be “liberal persecution.”

• Upvote 3

Spoiler

So apparently Doug accidentally posted costis number and his (dougs) followers started texting him. I know this is BEC but that is just so unbelievably weird..... you do not know costi outside of twitter. I feel like alot of dw followers have poor boundaries which is partially why they dont disapprove of his behavior.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20221003-173808~2.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_20221003-173818~2.png

Edited by CaseyGrace
Had to add spoilers
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Columbia said:

Fixed that for you. 

Now that i think on it...... That does seem like something doug probably did on purpose. Now when/if costi steps out again all of these crazy doug fans have costis phone number  

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, CaseyGrace said:

Now that i think on it...... That does seem like something doug probably did on purpose. Now when/if costi steps out again all of these crazy doug fans have costis phone number  

Exactly. Doug didn’t actually bring any “discipline” against Costi. All that was on G3. He and Costi just had a nice phone call. And with that “accidental” phone number slip, now Doug has an even bigger mob to “discipline” Costi if he ever asks questions again. Doug really is a mob boss; he never has to do the dirty work. 

I’m sure it was also a warning for anyone else considering speaking out. He’ll find a way to make sure that the lackies will come for you, too. 

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 2
  • I Agree 1

On 9/24/2022 at 3:37 PM, neuroticcat said:

I wish John Piper would do the same.

I do too, but he won't... for the same reason he didn't with Mark Driscoll, CJ Mahaney, and others. For Piper it's all about theological correctness. If their theology doesn't accord with his (like, say, Greg Boyd) Piper will spare no effort to denounce. But if their theology matches, it doesn't matter what else they do, his criticisms (if any) will be mild and heavily caveated. It blows my mind that Piper would not disassociate from DW based on "Southern Slavery As It Was" alone, but there it is.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Antipatriarch said:

I do too, but he won't... for the same reason he didn't with Mark Driscoll, CJ Mahaney, and others. For Piper it's all about theological correctness.

To a degree, but the only theological sticking point that really matters is complementarianism. Mark Driscoll was somewhat charismatic in his Mars Hill days. John MacArthur is a cessationist dispensationalist. Doug Wilson believes in pedobaptism, John Piper doesn’t. I think KKDM did a really good job of exploring this in Jesus and John Wayne. The only doctrine that really unifies is keeping authoritarian men on top. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

On 10/3/2022 at 11:29 PM, Howl said:

Doug Wilson does not look healthy in that photo. 

He has edema in his forearms in a picture with Of Doug.

On 10/7/2022 at 11:17 AM, Antipatriarch said:

For Piper it's all about theological correctness.

And the penis.

Because projection is at least 75-90% or more of whatever fundies rant about, itʻs likely that thereʻs far worse stuff going on than has come to light.

• I Agree 1

15 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Isn't Piper friends with Wilson? 

Essentially yes. Piper's had Wilson speak at his conferences, been on various Q&A panels with him, etc. He's never meaningfully denounced anything Wilson has said or done.

And beyond that personal relationship, there are several strong connections between Wilson's organizations and the church Piper retired from (Bethlehem Baptist in my city), its college and seminary (BCS), DGM, TGC, etc. Search for Joe Rigney (BCS's current president, and a graduate of New Saint Andrews), Doug Wilson, and Netflix. That controversy caused a rift that Bethlehem is still recovering from.

Edited by Antipatriarch
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

On 10/7/2022 at 4:17 PM, Antipatriarch said:

I do too, but he won't... for the same reason he didn't with Mark Driscoll, CJ Mahaney, and others. For Piper it's all about theological correctness. If their theology doesn't accord with his (like, say, Greg Boyd) Piper will spare no effort to denounce. But if their theology matches, it doesn't matter what else they do, his criticisms (if any) will be mild and heavily caveated.

Like other posters I don't think Piper is consistent on this point; I've carefully read both authors and NT Wright is much more in line with "orthodox belief" than Wilson, but it was the former Piper wrote an entire book against.  It's hard not to think that his personal connection with Wilson didn't sway him.

On 10/3/2022 at 1:34 AM, Columbia said:

Or until it gets so bad that it can’t be denied, like Ravi Zacharias. And even then, no one will admit they were wrong or missed a (few million) red flag. They’ll just hustle him off for a little “rehabilitation” and roll him out a year later in a brand new cult. Unless someone checks his hard drive and he finally winds up in jail, in which case it will be “liberal persecution.”

Don't forget though that with Zacharias it only actually came out after he died and due to the efforts of a particularly persistent investigator.  In other cases - like that of Brian Houston's dad - it only came out years after the offender had passed.

I also think that Wilson's tight grip on his congregation would mitigate against the latter - ISTR he has already faced church discipline charges inside his session and the end result was that the verdict was watered down and a few of those who stood up to him were run out of the church.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, stylites said:

I also think that Wilson's tight grip on his congregation would mitigate against the latter

Considering that his kids occupy influential positions within the cult, even if DW became incapacitated or something they would do their best to suppress any dissent, criticism, or whistle-blowing.

After all, the cult was apparently not bothered in the least by Sitler. Is he still "attending" Christ Church?

• Upvote 3

On 10/13/2022 at 4:55 PM, hoipolloi said:

Considering that his kids occupy influential positions within the cult, even if DW became incapacitated or something they would do their best to suppress any dissent, criticism, or whistle-blowing.

After all, the cult was apparently not bothered in the least by Sitler. Is he still "attending" Christ Church?

I thought he violated probation and went back to prison?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Soulhuntress said:

I thought he violated probation and went back to prison?

If so, he seems to be out again. The Idaho SOR indicates that his address & other info are current as of August 2022.

What a nightmare.

• Upvote 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic