IGNORED

Brooklyn Elise Countdown Is Over - She's Here!

JMO

For Erin's health's sake, I hope they have consulted a good doctor and listen to his advise. I won't presume to know what that advise would be I'd just hope it's profound medical advise. 

I don't think repairing and redecorating a rented home is a waste of money. It's a vital contribution to standard of living and quality of life. It's never a waste. 

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My oldest granddaughter, as a tiny baby, had a head that was larger than the norm for tiny babies.   She allowed us to put a fancy head band on her for pictures, then demanded that it be taken off (or took it off herself as soon as she figured out how).  When her little sister came along, we were never allowed to put anything around her head.  Big sister would immediately remove it.  Good girl!

I do love that it's such a practical basket. Triscuits, cough syrup, kleenex, oranges... and flowers too! Good for Chad.

His beliefs are probably awful, but I do feel that he's a great partner.

I sure hope he's a great partner and comes to the rescue with a vasectomy or a lifetime supply of condoms so that his wife doesn't have to go through numerous back-to-back potentially life threatening pregnancies for the next 20 years.

I noticed Erin wrote that Chad doesn't believe chores are a mom's job. At the very least he has that going for him.

8 hours ago, season of life said:

I noticed Erin wrote that Chad doesn't believe chores are a mom's job. At the very least he has that going for him.

Chad has been doing chores since the wedding. Erin has stated it a lot of times.

Chad has a real job, cleans and repairs the house, takes care of his children and seems to be a lovely husband. Even if Erin is exaggerating Chad's virtues, he's really good for a fundie husband.

10 hours ago, season of life said:

Erin saying "We are a team. We work together. We pray together. We parent together" is actually pretty subversive for a Gothardite. It gives me way more hope than any switch to pants ever has. 

Just praying their subversiveness extends to birth control and seeing Erin as more than a broodmare...

Gah. What a nice message, but it rings so hollow. Maybe everything she said is true, but that's all it is: superficial fluff that contradicts their beliefs but all it seems they're thinking is "it's okay when I do it" and they'll never reconsider their deeper, more insidious views.

14 hours ago, albireo said:

Gah. What a nice message, but it rings so hollow. Maybe everything she said is true, but that's all it is: superficial fluff that contradicts their beliefs but all it seems they're thinking is "it's okay when I do it" and they'll never reconsider their deeper, more insidious views.

Agreed. You like that your husband doesn't consider housework "women's work" and that you actually parent together, Erin? Then why the fuck do you continue to support a cult that preaches exactly that kind of gender separation crap?

7 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Agreed. You like that your husband doesn't consider housework "women's work" and that you actually parent together, Erin? Then why the fuck do you continue to support a cult that preaches exactly that kind of gender separation crap?

Exactly. And what about all those fundie maidens who are married off to jerks and because of the belief system Erin and Chad support these women are made to feel like they can't stand up for themselves? Chad and Erin are what sells the lifestyle, they aren't an accurate representation of the lifestyle. 

Do we know who the goats belong to? Lawson also posed with them.  I was never aware of goats in the Bates Universe before.

16 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Do we know who the goats belong to? Lawson also posed with them.  I was never aware of goats in the Bates Universe before.

I vaguely remember a trip to a local petting zoo on BUB. I think it was the episode where Kelly's mother was looking for a house near the Bates compound.

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I assume from Mama Jane's, where they seem to have held I Love You Day this year. 

7 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

I assume from Mama Jane's, where they seem to have held I Love You Day this year. 

It was held in Tennessee as usual. You can see the front door is the same as the one at the Bates' home:

Spoiler

IMG_8961.JPG

Plus, Alyssa's Tennessee hashtag. 

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

It was held in Tennessee as usual. You can see the front door is the same as the one at the Bates' home:

Hide contents

IMG_8961.JPG

Plus, Alyssa's Tennessee hashtag. 

Oh, whoops. Thanks for the correction. I could have sworn one of them mentioned being AT Mama Jane's. 

I can't imagine why there are hay bales when it isn't Halloween/harvest time. Only reason is can think of is UP put them there as some of "rustic" backdrop for group photos.

9 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I can't imagine why there are hay bales when it isn't Halloween/harvest time. Only reason is can think of is UP put them there as some of "rustic" backdrop for group photos.

Or "I Love You Day" had some sort of theme this year? Either because the family wanted a theme or the network requested it.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Or "I Love You Day" had some sort of theme this year? Either because the family wanted a theme or the network requested it.

Perhaps it was "I Love Ewe Day"

2 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I have got to stop drinking things while reading FJ! :pb_lol:

36 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

So was Barney singing about sheep? I love ewe! Ewe love me! :P 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived