IGNORED

Brooklyn Elise Countdown Is Over - She's Here!

JMO

Some Christians think dancing is sinful. I am fairly certain the Bateses hold this viewpoint.

Gil and Kelly likely do but as for their married kids? Who knows. I could see Alyssa and Whitney wanting to let their little girls do things like ballet when they're young. Maybe even Erin too.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Fighter said:

You never know, they have dance schools that are Christian focused now. My cousin attended one for a year!

I remember seeing an article in Teen People eons ago with the headline "She Dances....FOR THE LORD!" about a ballerina who does "dance ministry" and does dances about Christian themes. Good for her if that's something she likes to do. The article was also pretty cool in that it talked about the ways other faiths besides Christianity use dance to express belief and tell stories (Sufi dervishes, Balinese and Javanese dances that tell stories from the Ramayana, the hora...the hora...).

"Educational"

educationalololololol.jpeg

educationalololololol2.jpg

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

That is a whole different kind of ignorant! [emoji19]

On 12/15/2016 at 8:50 AM, Carm_88 said:

That is a whole different kind of ignorant! emoji19.png

I could not stand to visit this place.

My edumacation ruined me.

On December 14, 2016 at 0:56 PM, Ali said:

Some Christians think dancing is sinful. I am fairly certain the Bateses hold this viewpoint.

And even if they thought ballet was okay (as compared to, say, twerking), the costumes would be a problem. Spandex leotards? Sweetheart necklines? Translucent tights? Skirts that almost show part of your butt? Don't think so.

Oh my goodness Carson is SO cute.

And the Ark Encounter...lmfao. The little dinosaurs in cages are precious though. I seem to recall a film (or a film series) recounting how that could be a bad idea...

On 15 December 2016 at 10:55 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

I remember seeing an article in Teen People eons ago with the headline "She Dances....FOR THE LORD!" about a ballerina who does "dance ministry" and does dances about Christian themes. Good for her if that's something she likes to do. The article was also pretty cool in that it talked about the ways other faiths besides Christianity use dance to express belief and tell stories (Sufi dervishes, Balinese and Javanese dances that tell stories from the Ramayana, the hora...the hora...).

There's a mormon girl who dances pre-professional ballet, and is always talking about her modesty standards and her costumes and bringing the lord to people through dance or some nonsense. She said in an interview that she'd never wear a costume that showed her stomach, yet a quick google search proved otherwise :P

On 12/20/2016 at 11:25 PM, Carm_88 said:

Carson is cute and I hope that they are parked. ;) 

She looks like a younger, blonder Sarah Palin here.

I had my first holes done right before my first communion and then I had to beg my mom for my second holes at 14. After that I got the "piercing bug" and now have 6 holes in one ear and five in the other! 

I think that family Christmas picture is pretty cute, and wow Carson looks a lot like the two youngest Bates boys. 

Ah, of course! I feel like I have been 'seeing' the Sarah Palin thing in the last few photos w/ glasses but not knowing what it was.

As for ballet, I am fairly sure that if they wanted their daughters to go but wear a fitted t-shirt and ballet skirt over their leotard that would be OK, especially where they live. If they wanted to audition for a fancy school in a big city affiliated with a professional ballet, then probably not.

Brooklyn is almost 6 months old, almost time for another surprise. :pb_surprised: 

1 hour ago, jqlgoblue said:

As for ballet, I am fairly sure that if they wanted their daughters to go but wear a fitted t-shirt and ballet skirt over their leotard that would be OK, especially where they live. If they wanted to audition for a fancy school in a big city affiliated with a professional ballet, then probably not.

I feel like of any of the Bates kids, Allie and Lexi are the most likely to go to ballet class - maybe just mommy and me or tap/ballet combos, but it's a start. Alyssa at least seems open to wardrobe changes.

On 10/21/2016 at 9:37 AM, VelociRapture said:

My mom says it doesn't matter what you do. You can dress your baby in all pink everything, put massive head bows on them, paint their nails, or have a neon sign pointing at the baby proclaiming they're a girl. There will still be people who think the baby is a boy. Mom says it was usually little old men who had the most trouble. She would just smile nicely and either correct them or thank them depending on the day because it wasn't that important to her.

I'm having a girl early next year. I don't think I'll really care if people get confused about what sex she is. I don't intend on dressing her in stereotypically girl colors constantly and I definitely won't be painting her nails - I don't have the patience to paint my own, let alone a tiny baby's. 

If someone is purposely an asshole to my baby, that will be a problem though. Momma Bear is NOT going to play nicely with those people. :pb_lol:

I'm super late responding to this, but I have a funny story about my oldest.

He's a boy. I would dress him in "normal" boy clothes. Think Carter's 2 piece sets and fleecy jumpsuits most, while he was a baby. We would always, ALWAYS, get "What a pretty girl." comments. We had no clue why, until someone said that they assumed because he had a little stuffed pink pig cuddle friend. I guess everyone would just focus on the pink and assume he was a girl because of it. My youngest never had a pig friend and hasn't been called a girl so far. I guess a little tan bear friend is acceptable for a boy.

My favorite interaction was when after someone said the pretty girl comment I said back to her something to the effect of "Thank you! He is pretty adorable." The lady look horrified. No clue why, cuz I just smiled and said it nicely. Then she said "Uh. Well. I really like your diaper bag!" I said thank you and we walked off, and my husband and I chuckled to each other when we were a safe distance away. We laughed because of how horrified the woman looked and how she apparently felt that complimenting my diaper bag made it all better, lol. :P

On 1/1/2017 at 6:08 PM, merg429 said:

I had my first holes done right before my first communion and then I had to beg my mom for my second holes at 14. After that I got the "piercing bug" and now have 6 holes in one ear and five in the other! 

I think that family Christmas picture is pretty cute, and wow Carson looks a lot like the two youngest Bates boys. 

I have eight in my left ear, and six in my right!!! :D

On 12/15/2016 at 10:55 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

Way back when I was supposedly a CP wife - albeit a horrendous one, one of my MIL's brightest ideas  when she realised she couldn't stop me performing (I was still working and studying those areas even with my eldest son strapped too me - well she took my opportunity to study a degree from me and didn't realise that was the backup plan) was to have me join the local ecumenical dance troupe. ...Then we ended up being  good enough that a big news touring Christian Musical used us as their local dance troupe at a large event. That was the last straw. Cost me my housekey and rights to go out alone, even with other women from church. Those groups can be really awesome - there's usually at least a core of highly talented and artistic folks with at least a modicum of an idea of how the outside world works.

My daughter was in the grocery store one day and commented to another mom 'he is just to pretty to be a boy'.  Turns out, she was just dressed in big brother's handmedowns so the two young moms had a good chuckle over not being able to hide the fact that the baby was a girl.

I got into an argument with a lady at Walmart when my son was about a year old on whether he was a boy or a girl, because he had his baby doll with him. A "My First Cabbage Patch", similar to this one, but with blue clothes... First, boys can have dolls, second, and most important, I'm pretty sure I know if my child is a boy or a girl :P41iaqHWN7BL.jpg

My favorite story though, is when my sister took my nephew (not her son, my BIL's son) into the bathroom at a restaurant to change his diaper... he's laying on the changing table, diaper off, mid change, and this lady comments on what a pretty little girl he is. ummmmm..........

5 hours ago, rainbowbabycakes said:

I got into an argument with a lady at Walmart when my son was about a year old on whether he was a boy or a girl, because he had his baby doll with him. A "My First Cabbage Patch", similar to this one, but with blue clothes... First, boys can have dolls, second, and most important, I'm pretty sure I know if my child is a boy or a girl :P41iaqHWN7BL.jpg

My favorite story though, is when my sister took my nephew (not her son, my BIL's son) into the bathroom at a restaurant to change his diaper... he's laying on the changing table, diaper off, mid change, and this lady comments on what a pretty little girl he is. ummmmm..........

What is wrong with people!?

I let my little boys' hair grow long until they were two and three. They had gorgeous curls. People gave me such crap about it, particularly men....and women who had no boys. I kid you not, it was so weird. Fundie and non-fundie alike. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived