IGNORED

Brooklyn Elise Countdown Is Over - She's Here!

JMO

It's nothing new really. The Amish have strict doll rules too. Theirs don't have faces. Since you're not allowed to be photographed, dolls aren't allowed to be 'humanized' with a face.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

This is magical thinking that borders on idolatry or paganism. J

He does lean heavily on magical thinking. 

It wasn't just toys, people were made to think that items that had come from other countries could be demon possessed and had to be burned. Even having the tapes of contemporary Christian music in the house was supposed to mean that you had invited demons to live in your home. 

10 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I googled it and found this:

c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800.jpg

Not only is it totally deranged, it's incredibly unbiblical. There is nothing in the Bible that warns of Satan possessing household objects and interfering with your life through them. Nothing. This is magical thinking that borders on idolatry or paganism. Just more proof that Gothardism is a fringe cult.

Cabbage patch dolls always gave me the creeps! Gothard may be on to something...... 

I remember an elder at my Jehovah witness congregation tried telling my mom that disneys hunchbAck of notre dame was demonized because of the talking gargoyles. I remember her saying "isn't inanimate objects speaking the point of cartoons?" 

We still watched it, and screamed "sanctuary!!!" randomly for no reason. With everything that is not in the Bible, it's all made up.

3 hours ago, Exjw2015deed said:

Cabbage patch dolls always gave me the creeps! Gothard may be on to something...... 

I remember an elder at my Jehovah witness congregation tried telling my mom that disneys hunchbAck of notre dame was demonized because of the talking gargoyles. I remember her saying "isn't inanimate objects speaking the point of cartoons?" 

We still watched it, and screamed "sanctuary!!!" randomly for no reason. With everything that is not in the Bible, it's all made up.

So, all of those women who managed to give birth when they had those objects in their house with zero problems? I really don't know how anyone can take stuff like that seriously. My reaction if I was told that by a midwife would be to ask if she was crazy, on drugs or if that was proof she was a crappy midwife.

I'm wondering if Erin has managed to get herself a paid endorsement gig. Fundie advertising, not quite the same as Plexus shilling. An uncomfortable development. 

I always assume they're being paid anytime they praise some product or service on social media.

9 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I always assume they're being paid anytime they praise some product or service on social media.

I've not seen any of them do anything as blatant as that. 

5 hours ago, Kak said:

I've not seen any of them do anything as blatant as that. 

Alyssa posted an even more obvious advertisement. It was a diet tea or something like that, but she had to delete it because lots of comments against the tea. Also she has posted T-shirts ads.

Regarding Erin, her nails are too perfectly polished to believe she does it herself. It has been done by a beauty professional. Or by Handy Chad.

10 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

It was a diet tea or something like that, but she had to delete it because lots of comments against the tea. Also she has posted T-shirts ads.

Ads for a global company or multinational or whatever SH is?

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Alyssa posted an even more obvious advertisement. It was a diet tea or something like that, but she had to delete it because lots of comments against the tea. Also she has posted T-shirts ads.

Regarding Erin, her nails are too perfectly polished to believe she does it herself. It has been done by a beauty professional. Or by Handy Chad.

Mine look like that when I do them myself. No biggie, I've just got steady hands. 

Hey Erin. Basic drug store nail polish works well, too. I paid $4, plus $1 for the glitter to coat, and put it on a week ago. So yes, you can have a nice manicure on the cheap without shilling anyone's brand. 

FTR, I have never in my life had a professional manicure. 

image.jpg

What Erin put on was just Sally Hansen.  It is a drugstore brand.

1 minute ago, Coconut Flan said:

What Erin put on was just Sally Hansen.  It is a drugstore brand.

Ok, thanks!  I don't do gel, so I wasn't familiar with it at all.  Now it just sounds like she's making a big deal out of nothing.....interesting. 

1 hour ago, catlady said:

Ok, thanks!  I don't do gel, so I wasn't familiar with it at all.  Now it just sounds like she's making a big deal out of nothing.....interesting. 

Just sounds like she's really happy with the product (which I can appreciate since nail polish lasts 1-2 days tops on me before chipping, ugh), and decided to share. 

21 minutes ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

Just sounds like she's really happy with the product (which I can appreciate since nail polish lasts 1-2 days tops on me before chipping, ugh), and decided to share. 

I seriously doubt it. Companies target these people with thousands of Instagram followers specifically for this purpose, and I would be surprised if many fundies passed on the chance to make some quick and easy $$$.

@catlady your nails are great, I always loved sparkly polish.

4 hours ago, catlady said:

Hey Erin. Basic drug store nail polish works well, too. I paid $4, plus $1 for the glitter to coat, and put it on a week ago. So yes, you can have a nice manicure on the cheap without shilling anyone's brand. 

FTR, I have never in my life had a professional manicure. 

image.jpg

Please tell me the trick to long lasting nail polish. If I get a day out of it I'm doing well. I've tried base coat, top coat, diff brands etc. But it always ends up peeling or chipping off.

17 minutes ago, Kak said:

Please tell me the trick to long lasting nail polish. If I get a day out of it I'm doing well. I've tried base coat, top coat, diff brands etc. But it always ends up peeling or chipping off.

For me, it's been the glitter, and I usually buy it at the dollar store and it stays on for about 6 to 8 days (unless I'm gardening; digging in dirt will always ruin my nails). I usually use two coats.

I found a glitter-remover gel that mostly works, but only if I use twice as much as the directions say and let it sit for nearly five minutes. Otherwise I use acetone remover and follow up with really thick hand lotion. 

1 hour ago, Kak said:

Have you tried Essie? I used to almost never wear colored nailpolish because it was never worth the effort of putting it on (I can't stand chiping, so as soon as that starts, I remove the polish). But Essie is freaking amazing. I wear it for an entire weak. I use one to two coats of colored polish, and then their "Good to Go" top coat, which also makes it dry super fast. I haven't bought any other nailpolish since I first tried Essie. It's that good.

Essie is my favorite nail polish brand and dito to what JillyO said. They really last pretty long, and I usually use the protective cover once  a day as well.

I've actually heard good things about the Sally Hansen Erin posted, because it's a gel polish that doesn't require a light. My friend said it does stay on longer. I have a bottle in my bathroom, actually, but have yet to try it! Gel manicures at the salon are amazing, though. They're the only thing that ever lasts on me. But I don't love the idea of the UV light, paying so much for a professional to do my nails (when I usually prefer how I do it more meticulously myself), etc.

I'm sure most of you are right that it's a paid advertisement, but if I were them (Erin, Whitney, Alyssa, Michaela), I'd always put what I was wearing at some point. They must be tagged hundreds of times in the comments asking where their scarves and skirts and mascara etc. come from ... after a while, it makes sense just to say, but that's me because I'd get annoyed.

5 hours ago, luxfilia said:

I've actually heard good things about the Sally Hansen Erin posted, because it's a gel polish that doesn't require a light. My friend said it does stay on longer. I have a bottle in my bathroom, actually, but have yet to try it! Gel manicures at the salon are amazing, though. They're the only thing that ever lasts on me. But I don't love the idea of the UV light, paying so much for a professional to do my nails (when I usually prefer how I do it more meticulously myself), etc.

I don't usually put polish on my fingernails, only my toenails but my 13 year old swears by the polish Erin posted. She is great with nails and hers look perfectly polished at all times. She uses that polish and it usually lasts  about2 weeks before she repaints. She is very active, we live on a tropical island and she spends a lot of time in the water and hiking but the polish stays on. Not bad for $5 polish (though you do need to use the top coat which is also $5).

1 hour ago, nvmbr02 said:

I don't usually put polish on my fingernails, only my toenails but my 13 year old swears by the polish Erin posted. She is great with nails and hers look perfectly polished at all times. She uses that polish and it usually lasts  about2 weeks before she repaints. She is very active, we live on a tropical island and she spends a lot of time in the water and hiking but the polish stays on. Not bad for $5 polish (though you do need to use the top coat which is also $5).

Nice! I've never NOT used a topcoat, I guess I can think my mom for that. So I can happily do the extra $5.

12 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I seriously doubt it. Companies target these people with thousands of Instagram followers specifically for this purpose, and I would be surprised if many fundies passed on the chance to make some quick and easy $$$.

@catlady your nails are great, I always loved sparkly polish.

Companies do target people with thousands of Instagram followers but they also require that you disclose that you've been paid or will be paid.  That's why you see #ad #sponsor #spons #affiliate or something similar. 

I don't think that's an endorsement, but she probably wants it to be. She probably thinks if she posts, they'll reach out and send free stuff.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived