IGNORED

Brooklyn Elise Countdown Is Over - She's Here!

JMO

5 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I don't think that's an endorsement, but she probably wants it to be. She probably thinks if she posts, they'll reach out and send free stuff.

I agree. I think that Erin would love to have Sally Hansen reach out to her and make some money with some sponsored instagram posts. 

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I don't think that's an endorsement, but she probably wants it to be. She probably thinks if she posts, they'll reach out and send free stuff.

That would be my guess.  It's not unusual to tag a company you want to work with in your posts in hopes that they will reach out for sponsorship opportunities.  She's got enough followers she could join one of many influencer programs and start getting paid to post.

4 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

That would be my guess.  It's not unusual to tag a company you want to work with in your posts in hopes that they will reach out for sponsorship opportunities.  She's got enough followers she could join one of many influencer programs and start getting paid to post.

Until they do their research and find out she's in a cult. :pb_lol:

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Until they do their research and find out she's in a cult. :pb_lol:

That is interesting.  I wonder if that's why we don't see the Bates/Duggars doing sponsored posts.  Big companies that can and do pay don't want to be associated with them and the companies who would don't either have the capital or don't do paid influencers. 

I know D list celebrities post sponsored posts, a lot, specially reality show "stars" (like Bachelor participants) who are just clinging to their 15 minutes of fame (and really hate real jobs), but I seriously doubt a gigantic company like Sally Hansen would need Erin Bates publicising its products. I think she gets a lot of questions about her make up and hair and shares tips and she just likes that stuff  -which I hate, it is so bad, it lasts a day at the most for me. I put it on yesterday and it already looks like this:

IMG_4846.JPG

On 3/4/2017 at 7:23 AM, Melissa1977 said:

Regarding Erin, her nails are too perfectly polished to believe she does it herself. It has been done by a beauty professional. Or by Handy Chad.

I zoomed in and they don't look perfect to me.  If I paid for that, is demand my money back.  I think she does it herself.  Aside from that, the nail Polish is pretty great. 

Brooklyn was 7 months old yesterday. Seems like her sweater was custom made. They should have called her Charlene because she's the same as Chad. :P 

Haha I wouldn't be that amused if I were up with Lawson either, but looks like Brooklyn did break one out. 

I always marvel at how perfect it is that after all of Erin's trouble with pregnancy, she had two beautiful children, a boy and a girl, one that looks just like Erin and the other a mini-Chad. They have a lovely family, and I hope that helps Erin make responsible, safe choices when it comes to planning their family size. It really is about quality, not quantity. I could see them taking a few years off, then maybe trying for one or two more children, but all the new pets make me think she's not anticipating a bevy of infants in the near future! :)

2 minutes ago, Pasta said:

Should she be bigger? How old is she? 

She was 7 months a few days ago. 

They're cute children, that's for sure. Shame it seems like there aren't any car seats in this vehicle ...

(Yes, I know they are probably stopped for this picture and maybe they are not going anywhere, but then why is Aaddiiee in the car too all ready to go?)

IMG_6467.PNG

I'm guessing the little kids weren't actually going to go riding in the car with the others. Even the Bateses aren't clueless enough to think a 7 month old doesn't need a car seat.

The Bates are clueless enough to drive without a baby car seat.  This is the same family that let one of the younger boys (can't remember which one) use huge power tools when Gil took him on a tree job.

On 11/3/2017 at 9:53 PM, wandering woman said:

The Bates are clueless enough to drive without a baby car seat.  This is the same family that let one of the younger boys (can't remember which one) use huge power tools when Gil took him on a tree job.

They are not Bates, they are Paines. Chad seems more responsible. Hope so.

On 10.03.2017 at 4:18 AM, bananabread said:

I always marvel at how perfect it is that after all of Erin's trouble with pregnancy, she had two beautiful children, a boy and a girl, one that looks just like Erin and the other a mini-Chad. They have a lovely family, and I hope that helps Erin make responsible, safe choices when it comes to planning their family size. It really is about quality, not quantity. I could see them taking a few years off, then maybe trying for one or two more children, but all the new pets make me think she's not anticipating a bevy of infants in the near future! :)

I hope  you're right, but I think we'd better be prepared for a pregnancy announcement anyway :P I really think they make a cute family, but they are fundies unfortunatelly, so my expectation is that she'll keep on having babies. Even though I would LOVE for it not to happen and to be suprised in a positive way. :)

7 minutes ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

I really think they make a cute family, but they are fundies unfortunatelly, so my expectation is that she'll keep on having babies.

They come from families that are both Gothard and quiverful.  Not all fundies are anti-birth control.  I think the Gothard crowd confuses the issue considerably. 

On 2/28/2017 at 10:17 AM, Casserole said:

It's possible they were rejected by the mother and either left for dead or needed human intervention with bottles. Ah, the circle of life. 

Disclaimer: I don't have experience with goat, but sheep. Pretty common for momma sheep to neglect/reject one of the twins/triplets if she has more then one baby or one that is seemingly weak. I would think similar things happen with goats. It's also possible they were just taken from their mom unnecessarily. 

So, I raise goats. (-; I think that Erin has Nigerian Dwarf kids rather than pygmys. Nigerian Dwarf is the smallest breed of dairy goat. Like dairy calves, the kids are taken from their mothers so that they can be hand reared which keeps them tame and easy to work with and so that the milk can be used for humans. It can seem cruel, but having an animal that is so wild that it is hard to get it care when it is ill is also a bad way to go. 

My goats consider me their mom (fed them milk, feed them, love on them, comfort them) and their kid (milking them). They trust me and I can easily trim their hooves, worm, and vaccinate them (though they aren't that more fond of needles than I am so distracting them with food is a good idea!).

Casserole's right on non-dairy goats and dairy goats where owners prefer to dam-raise (let them nurse mom). Sometimes the does reject kids for a variety of reason including too many, a sick kid, or sometimes they just seem to like one kid more than the other!

On 2/28/2017 at 10:09 AM, Mela99 said:

Cabbage patch dolls demonic. That's a first. I wonder what the rationale was. Troll dolls, okay. Those were kind of creepy. But wouldn't a Cabbage patch doll teach motherhood and whatnot?

Ya'll must have missed this gem. I think the only toys that got thrown out were my brother's StarWars figures, probably worth 100s of dollars today.

turmoil.jpg

This isnt about Brooklyn but the Bates fam posted this on instagram just now. How long before he's being wrapped in a blanket and being blanket trained for this?

949cc1eb0d4666eb75d8eb64804bfbdf.jpg

Sorry the picture didn't post last time.20170314_201959.png

4 hours ago, SuhrEnity said:

This isnt about Brooklyn but the Bates fam posted this on instagram just now. How long before he's being wrapped in a blanket and being blanket trained for this?

Since when are almost 2 year olds wrapped in blankets and/or blanket trained?

On 3/15/2017 at 0:35 AM, justmy2cents said:
Since when are almost 2 year olds wrapped in blankets and/or blanket trained?

My best friend grew up in a very fundamentalist Christian family here in Canada. She is one of 21 children who's parents rigid discipline structure was based highly on the To Train up a Child structure. They went to Big Sandy almost yearly if her mother didn't have a newborn at the same time and she has very distinct memories of her youngest siblings being wrapped in blankets even after they'd started walking. When she turned 12 her mother would have her help in disciplining the younger children including blanket training them. She suffers so greatly from these memories. She left her family and her Church when she turned 17 because she had been abused by her pastor from the time she was 11 and when she finally spoke up about it at 22 her parents laid all the blame on her and told her she must have tempted him and all kinds of things no parent should ever tell their abused child.
And yes she's aware I'm telling her story.

21 children!?!?!?

Also I thought blanket training involved placing a baby on a blanket on the floor, not wrapping the baby in the blanket?

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived