IGNORED

Brooklyn Elise Countdown Is Over - She's Here!

JMO

just want to say that there have been no indication of the bates children blanket training their kids... so, it may be a good idea to avoid any accusation of abuse.

not everybody follows their parents method of raising children. i am sure FJ parents do things differently to their parents, especially those members who come from fundamentalist homes.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 hours ago, nickelodeon said:
21 children!?!?!?
Also I thought blanket training involved placing a baby on a blanket on the floor, not wrapping the baby in the blanket?

21 that survived. She lost 4 and has no multiples so that means in her life she was pregnant 25 times. Faith said her parents used to disappear to their room early in the evenings and lockong their door and it was up to her and her siblings to look after the younger ones and get them to bed. Joyful availability right there for you.

1 hour ago, actuallyjessica said:

just want to say that there have been no indication of the bates children blanket training their kids... so, it may be a good idea to avoid any accusation of abuse.

not everybody follows their parents method of raising children. i am sure FJ parents do things differently to their parents, especially those members who come from fundamentalist homes.

Either they do things differently or are very good at hiding it. Regardless, I agree. In the absence of evidence, we should be cautious not to make definitive statements or accusations about the married Bates offspring harming their kids.

@SuhrEnity- that's a lot of pregnancies. If true, then I feel like this mom would turn to Michelle or Kelly and be like, "Hold my beer," every time those two started bragging about their 19 kids. Or maybe, "Hold my grape juice," depending on the level of fundie you're speaking of.

(And I say "if true" strictly because this is the Internet and I'm a natural skeptic. No offense or anything intended. :) )

Doesn't that picture of Erin and Carson look like they were attending a wedding? That is a mighty fancy dress for just a regular church service.

In college I met two people (who were not related as far as I know) that both came from a family where their grandparent was one of 21.  Michelle could have easily had 21 if she and JB and had not practiced the evil birth control.  She would have started 4 years earlier.  That's more like 3-4 kids for her.  She could have had 22 or 23.  What's more, there wouldn't have been a gap between Josh and the twins since she wouldn't have gone back on BC and the spacing would have been shorter.  Hell, she might not have had Josh since all the timing would be off!  Anywhoo, getting married at 17 and not using BC for the next 30 years can easily yield 25 pregnancies.  

And I do believe Cherin will have more kids.  Until they have no more and explicitly say that they are preventing I'm waiting for G-d to grant them another precious baby.  

6 hours ago, JMO said:

[...] And I do believe Cherin will have more kids.  Until they have no more and explicitly say that they are preventing I'm waiting for G-d to grant them another precious baby.  

And of course it will be quite the surprise... :562479b0cbc9f_whistle1:

Is this an older picture or is Erin less blonde now? She looks so young. 

On 3/16/2017 at 10:00 AM, HereticHick said:

Doesn't that picture of Erin and Carson look like they were attending a wedding? That is a mighty fancy dress for just a regular church service.

i could be wrong, but it looked like the dress she wore for Michael's wedding.  pretty sure that was beige lace.

So do the Bates allow contacts?  I feel like I've seen some of the second generation wearing glasses and then later not wearing them.

13 minutes ago, Timetraveler said:

Erin looks pregnant to me.

Please don't say that. I know it's only a matter of time until another "surprise" comes upon them but please don't say that! 

46 minutes ago, Timetraveler said:

Erin looks pregnant to me.

i've thought this for a while. she begins to 'glow' in her face when she's knocked up.

I sincerely hope she is not pregnant.  Brooklyn is still a baby (and seems very tiny to me), and even though they know how to treat Erin's health issue during pregnancy, she really does need to give her body more time to rest and heal.  

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived