IGNORED

Brooklyn Elise Countdown Is Over - She's Here!

JMO

23 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

True story - baby boys are ADORABLE in pink clothes. At least my 8 month old nephew is. He would look adorable in anything though (said the total unbiased in anyway proud Auntie. :pb_lol:)

Being totally unbiased myself said the guy who has pink hair for 11 months during the year...real men wear pink! :)

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They sure are adorable in grey onesies with pink spots. Here is Ingvar, decorated with flowers by his sister.

He is also pretty cute in an appledress:

IMG_20161020_165117.jpg

IMG_20161008_184729.jpg

3 hours ago, paulypepper said:

Being totally unbiased myself said the guy who has pink hair for 11 months during the year...real men wear pink! :)

Ok I'm curious, what colour is your hair in the 12th month? I'm imagining red or green for Christmas!?

1 hour ago, Karma said:

Ok I'm curious, what colour is your hair in the 12th month? I'm imagining red or green for Christmas!?

I agree. @paulypepperI really need to know this. :pb_lol:

3 hours ago, elliha said:

They sure are adorable in grey onesies with pink spots. Here is Ingvar, decorated with flowers by his sister.

IMG_20161020_165117.jpg

IMG_20161008_184729.jpg

So. Stinking. Cuuuuuuuuuuute!!!!!!

3 hours ago, elliha said:

IMG_20161020_165117.jpg

IMG_20161008_184729.jpg

I love the first in Grey, the apple one is also cute,  but the little yellow flower is rhe final touch! :my_heart:

Erin has put a video on Instagram of her and Carson in their jammies, picking cookie dough out of ice cream on a Monday morning. She seems slightly manic in it, but in a very relatable way :D

11 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

I love the first in Grey, the apple one is also cute,  but the little yellow flower is rhe final touch! :my_heart:

I thought it was fun that the picture turned in to one of those Pinterest-pictures I absolutely hate but in real life. I find it ridiculous to stage a picture that way but when my daughter did it, it was just life.

Red AND green, @paulypepper, that sounds adventurous and certainly very festive!  Now I'm going to go one step further and say please please can you post a photo in December????  A back of the head shot will do???  

20 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

What would Erin Bates Paine do if she saw you @paulypepper? She abhors green hair but also seems to love Christmas.

Troubling!

:pb_lol:

It depends. Would cameras be filming this fantastic interaction?! (Please say yes! Please say yes!)

On 10/25/2016 at 3:02 AM, elliha said:

IMG_20161020_165117.jpg

IMG_20161008_184729.jpg

tumblr_nqycgaTpVr1u1o1c4o4_500.gif

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 9:47 AM, elliha said:

Strange how someone would believe you need to pierce an ear at any age, it is in no way a necessity ever. I have said 6 years of age as the minimum age for my daughter and she thinks I am the strictest mom ever because we live in an immigrant area where many girls get pierced ears as babies or toddlers. Nope, 6 is early enough, I would prefer she waited until she is an adult. And yes, my son can have his pierced at 6 too.

Wychling had her ears pierced at 10 months at the pediatrician's.  Grampwych is from South America and that's the custom in his family.   I waited in the hallway so I wouldn't cry, but the baby only fussed at having her arms held.  Never fiddled with her earrings either.   And yes, once an elderly gentleman asked if she was a boy even though she was wearing a pink and purple hoodie.

Oh wow 6 years of age sounds young for getting your ears pierced. I wasn't allowed until I was 14 and I think it was a spare of the moment of allowance from my mom. But then again I had a couple of complications with my ears bleeding & closing up pretty fast after the piercing. 

5 hours ago, ladyaudley said:

I got earrings at 5 after pestering my mother. Now I hardly wear them

I got my ears pierced at five, too.  My mom and older sister were getting theirs done, and I insisted.  My mom thought I should be older and wanted me to wait, but apparently I kept raising a fuss even though she told me it would hurt.  Aside from intermittent infections in grade school, I've worn earrings every day since.

every kid is different, so there's no point in saying what "should" be done.  The important thing is that mom/dad are thinking it through.

and @paulypepper, if you're willing, count me in with those who would love to see your red and green hair!!

I got my ears pierced at five, too.  My mom and older sister were getting theirs done, and I insisted.  My mom thought I should be older and wanted me to wait, but apparently I kept raising a fuss even though she told me it would hurt.  Aside from intermittent infections in grade school, I've worn earrings every day since.
every kid is different, so there's no point in saying what "should" be done.  The important thing is that mom/dad are thinking it through.
and @paulypepper, if you're willing, count me in with those who would love to see your red and green hair!!

I was the same! My sister was 6 and my parents decided she was ready, and 4-year-old me kicked up such a fuss I got earrings, too. And promptly got an infection. Since then, though, I've worn earrings every day and never had a problem.

Edit because @Karma already asked

One has to ask:  what color is your hair during the 12th month?

I was really hoping @paulypepper said purple!

One weekend, when I was on call, and working, I came home to find my 4YO with pierced ears. BECAUSE, and I quote, "she wanted them." WTH,  we had never discussed our daughter getting her ears pierced. Disneyland Dad used to do many things that mom would never do.

This is the same daughter whose 2 YO does NOT have pierced ears, and who rarely wears earring herself.

I got my ears pierced at 10, managed to get a horrible infection and was it ever painful. Decided against that never wore earrings again. That being said to each their own. 

I got my ears pierced when I was 10 too, and I changed my earrings too soon to new ones that were too small. Overnight, the stud got sucked backward into my ear and scabbed over. My poor mother had to use a hot wet washcloth to get the scab off, push the earring back out, and go buy large expensive 14K gold studs that would allow the hole to heal correctly. It did and I never got an infection, but it was a horrifying experience. And yet I still got my ears double pierced at 12, and I still wear earrings daily. 

I was in college when I got mine pierced. I actually got my wrist tattooed - at 19 - before I got pierced ears. :pb_lol:

Husband and I won't be getting out daughter's ears pierced when she's little. We'll consider it later on if she wants them and she's capable of caring for them on her own, maybe around 15 or 16.

(And if we have a son one day then same rules apply.)

No judgement towards those who choose otherwise either. Every family is different and not all decisions will work for everyone.

I had them done when I was 12, at Claire's at the mall. It was probably early 1978, the year I turned 13. That was the typical age there and then. I was very careful cleaning and turning them, and never had any problems. But now, nearly 40 years later, one side wants to be half-closed, so it isn't easy to put that one in, and it becomes uncomfortable in a few hours.

My parents wouldn't let me get my ears pierced until I was 10, but by that time we'd discovered that I'm allergic to metal (of all things!) and I can't wear jewelry for more than a handful of hours (and certainly not long enough for a piercing to heal).  

Also first post!

3 hours ago, PiousWaffle said:

My parents wouldn't let me get my ears pierced until I was 10, but by that time we'd discovered that I'm allergic to metal (of all things!) and I can't wear jewelry for more than a handful of hours (and certainly not long enough for a piercing to heal).  

Also first post!

First upvote! Welcome!

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived