IGNORED

Jill, Derick and Israel- Part 17

samurai_sarah

If any leghumper listens to this BS that Derick is spouting and hurts themselves there is blood on his hands. This is the same thing that Tom Cruise pulls except his platform is Scientology. They know the incredible platform they have and how people hang on their every words. It is so irresponsible and dangerous to spout bullshit about mental health and make such claims. The Duggars embrace modern medicine. I am sure they would not tell someone born with type 1 diabetes to pray it away, but they would tell that to someone born with a brain chemical imbalance. 

I am so angry about this I cannot even articulate entirely what I am feeling right now. 

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On July 3, 2016 at 1:51 AM, MakeItSo said:

Sorry to read you're in a similar boat.:hug: (this is a hugging duo right? Right??...let's pretend it's a full on sinner frontal hug one...not a I dry hump you while you politely play along thing, k? cool).

I have also learned from talking to friends who also have a parent with bipolar and borderline and other similar disorders that it can manifest quite differently in each individual (and it seems that many don't just have one clear cut diagnosis...please someone correct me if I'm wrong). While my friend's mom says/does some really irrational/strange (to others) things, it seems to come from a good benevolent place, then again she is being treated for it. My family has had to deal with a more malicious, manipulating variety (multiple differnt mental illness dx's came out over the years but proper after care treatment never happened) and a family can't be built on lies and threats. I'm simplifying a lot here and I am by no means an expert (I'm always interested in learning more because there is so much I don't understand but at the same time I have to admit, I'm not always ready to listen right away because there are just some things I haven't really worked through myself yet and so I'm merely looking in from the outside...even though as someone with mental illness in your family you do stand pretty close to the edge of the inside, it seems.

Thanks!  I'm "frontal hugging" you back!  It is very difficult and my situation, without knowing lots of details about yours, sounds similar.  I agree that when there is counseling and  medication if necessary, which is how it should be in an ideal world, that it can be less toxic than if there is just untreated mental illness, which can often go along with substance abuse, a BAD combo.  I SO agree with your statement that "family can't be built on lies and threats" 1000000%!!!  

Wow Derick just gets better and better, hm? /Sarcasm

They just posted a Fourth of July Instagram. Derrick looks really gaunt and ill.

I just saw it and 100% agree- Derrick is beyond thin. Gaunt is probably the right word.

46 minutes ago, ladyaudley said:

They just posted a Fourth of July Instagram. Derrick looks really gaunt and ill.

He is probably praying a lot for grace and healing.

30 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

He is probably praying a lot for grace and healing.

and something happened because he has a gap int between the teeth that i don't recall being there before

he doesn't look at all healthy 

is he trying to be like them? 

In jill's instagram he looks truly scary 

sorry but he does 

Looking at Derick with his slicked back hair, sunken face and misshapen jaw is truly a jolt to the system. Yikes.

Holy Ghost!   It almost looks like he had something done to correct his jaw again.

I'm wondering what kind of dental/orthodontic care Derick is getting in Central America. I've never had palate expansion surgery, but I did have braces which had to be regularly tightened for the 2+ years I wore them. I would think (and admittedly this is coming from someone who has zero background in orthodontics), Derick would need regular check-ups for something more serious than a mild overbite. 

I don't even know what to say...

He certainly doesn't look as healthy as he did two years ago. 

image.jpeg

His teeth look more out of line now than they did before they started the braces.

I don't think I've ever wanted to knock Derrick's teeth back out of alignment but what a STUPID son of a bitch. 

I have suffered from a lifetime of chronic depression and anxiety, and NOT because I'm a shitty person or don't love God enough. Depression and anxiety is not a punishment for sin.

I might be a heathen Catholic but I don't believe for one bloody minute God wants us to suffer and be in pain or would begrudge us seeking help. 

41 minutes ago, Cassia said:

I don't even know what to say...

He certainly doesn't look as healthy as he did two years ago. 

image.jpeg

If his hair was longer, he'd look very much like Jesus- maybe that's his intent?

This picture of Derick is just awful. It is just concerning. They need to come home and take care of his health. 

I literally gasped out loud when I saw that pic of Derick on Jill's instagram. He looks like Charles Manson!

I'm starting to wonder if there's something wrong with Derrick health-wise other than just the jaw. Surely after this much recovery time he ought to be at least starting to bounce back, but he just keeps looking sicker and sicker. I hope he's seen a doctor.

He almost has an anorexic quality to him now .... He's so gaunt and hollow. It's terrifying. 

I would be horrified if I saw my son transform like that - Cathy, where are you!? 

I wonder if he's depressed and that's what that post was really about - trying to convince himself he just needs to be a better believer. 

Derick looks terrifyingly ill… if I saw him on the street, I'd stay far, far away!

I really hope that it's just the lighting or filter, or that horrible haircut, but he looks like he needs to get back to the US and see a doctor stat. 

In terms of the jaw and braces...

I am an oldER adult who wears braces. I can't claim I know everything about them, but I have learnt quite a bit.

With the braces, he could have a problem with his bite which, will look worse before it gets better.

For just over a year, my teeth were looking the most crooked they had ever been, but now we're on the home stretch, they're starting to look a lot better.

My teeth were straight, but I had a serious underbite.

However, Derick could have both problems of crooked teeth and a bad bite.

However the Charlie Manson thing, not digging it...

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

I wonder if he's depressed and that's what that post was really about - trying to convince himself he just needs to be a better believer. 

I really got the feeling that he was talking from some sort of personal experience.  

My grandson got braces last week, and he needs to go back monthly for adjustments. Did Derick find an orthodontist in CA who could follow his treatment plan, or is he just leaving it until he comes back? He could be in pain and not eating well if his teeth are not being cared for properly.

9 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

My grandson got braces last week, and he needs to go back monthly for adjustments. Did Derick find an orthodontist in CA who could follow his treatment plan, or is he just leaving it until he comes back? He could be in pain and not eating well if his teeth are not being cared for properly.

If he just has joyful teeth and asks Jesus to cleanse them of sinful plaque, he will be cured. After all, that works for depression, according to him.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived