IGNORED

Jill, Derick and Israel- Part 17

samurai_sarah

There are orthodontists in El Salvador, and the Dillards should have plenty of American dollars to pay for treatment between the show, Derrick's ministry salary, and the donations they solicit. There's no reason his teeth shouldn't be cared for unless he just isn't bothering.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Cassia said:

I don't even know what to say...

He certainly doesn't look as healthy as he did two years ago. 

image.jpeg

Holy shit. I don't even know what to say to that picture except Holy shit.

He doesn't look healthy at all. He looks sick, and a little terrifying. Like I would cross the street to avoid him kinda terrifying  (as horrible as a thing that is to say). Whatever he's doing,  he needs to stop doing it asap!

Not saying he isn't sick and hasn't lost weight but it looks  to me like the gaunt effect is being exaggerated by a receding hairline that makes his face look longer and even thinner in comparison when he wears it  slicked back like that

I've had a look at the full picture, he looks like a stiff breeze could knock him over :( especially when you see her profile picture with the old clean cut accountant Derrick.

Some of it is the camera angle I think but his face does look thinner, he was never overweight to begin with so it wouldn't take a lot to huge loss to make him look ill. The mother in me wants to give him a nice substantial meal though :(

Remember a while back when JB & M went to visit J & D because of some mysterious something? Maybe Derrick found out he was seriously ill. He certainly has gone down hill since that time. They never did even hint at what the problem was, just a quick mention as an explanation for the visit. 

I would hope if that were true he would've come home for treatment, but maybe he's been trusting God to heal him. He could be severely depressed because he feels like God isn't hearing him, or healing him, no matter how hard he prays and believes. Or it could be his desire to spend whatever time he has left (though I hate even thinking that) serving God in the way he feels is most important. Maybe he likes being there alone with Jill & Izzy, or maybe his mom is there and we just don't know it.

Whatever the reason or the cause, there is certainly something seriously wrong.

2 minutes ago, Purrl said:

Remember a while back when JB & M went to visit J & D because of some mysterious something? Maybe Derrick found out he was seriously ill. He certainly has gone down hill since that time. They never did even hint at what the problem was, just a quick mention as an explanation for the visit. 

If I was seriously ill, the last people I'd want coming to help is Mullet and Boob!

1 minute ago, CorruptionInc. said:

If I was seriously ill, the last people I'd want coming to help is Mullet and Boob!

Yes, me too. :my_biggrin: But that's us. JB is Derrick's prayer partner and FIL so I suppose he would think JB was a good choice.

Jesus that photo... Granted, I don't know the man but that photo makes him look unwell. I hope he gets the care he needs.

I personally think the speculation about Derrick's looks is bordering on concern-trolling. We don't know what's going on with him, if there is anything going on with him, and so on.

12 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

Looking at Derick with his slicked back hair, sunken face and misshapen jaw is truly a jolt to the system. Yikes.

He looks like he is wasting away. Reminds me of AIDS patients, that gauntness. 

I think the color is partly tan (he looks more tanned than Jill and  has a visible tan line in his forehead)  and partly due to lighting or a filter in the picture, everything has a yellowish hue. 

11 hours ago, SassyPants said:

If his hair was longer, he'd look very much like Jesus- maybe that's his intent?

Did you know him well?

8 hours ago, Alachantal said:

Holy shit. I don't even know what to say to that picture except Holy shit.

He doesn't look healthy at all. He looks sick, and a little terrifying. Like I would cross the street to avoid him kinda terrifying  (as horrible as a thing that is to say). Whatever he's doing,  he needs to stop doing it asap!

The difference is seriously alarming. It really reminds me of the way FJ reacted back in the Emily days when someone found the pictures of her husband Dna and saw how much he'd changed since they got married. Very scary. :(

12 hours ago, CorruptionInc. said:

In terms of the jaw and braces...

I am an oldER adult who wears braces. I can't claim I know everything about them, but I have learnt quite a bit.

With the braces, he could have a problem with his bite which, will look worse before it gets better.

For just over a year, my teeth were looking the most crooked they had ever been, but now we're on the home stretch, they're starting to look a lot better.

Yeah, I have braces (Invisalign) as an adult, to fix a cross bite as well as crookedness, and for a while there, things were not cute. I developed a gap between my two front teeth, which I hadn't had before braces. It was necessary for moving the teeth around. The gap has now disappeared and thank God I'm finally on the home stretch. 

Derick could have a serious jaw/bite issue, especially if he ground his teeth a lot and this led to damage (though he's pretty young, so things shouldn't have gotten that bad yet, but I guess everyone's different).

HippieJesus sure did post a racy Bible verse for today.  He tweeted:

Happy Tuesday! Proverbs 5:18-19 and have a great day :)

Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth.

Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love.

Happy Tuesday full of boobies and ravishment peeps!!!

when this mission is suppose to end? i mean this is just a pro tempore situatione right? so they had to come back in the US sooner or later...hope they come back soon for Derrick

He looks god-awful.  He has to be sick w/something. He's lost at least 40 pounds. There's no flesh on his face at all. and his eyes are sunken in. Intestinal parasites maybe, from the water. It's time for them to come home. I thought they were supposed to be home by mid June. He needs to be in the hospital.

I thought was everyone else is saying when I saw the pic on Jilly Muffin's insta. But the pic on Derick's insta doesn't look nearly as bad. I think a few things might be happening here: 

1. He has probably lost a little weight. The mouth surgery, moving to a new country and adjusting to their diet, and the fact that they walk everywhere now instead of driving probably has a lot to do with it. When someone that small loses 10-15 pounds, it's drastic looking. I've also notice people tend to lose weight in their face first.

2. Does izzy sleep through the night? Jill is used to kids waking up all night and having to be up with them. When you only get 5 hours of sleep a night for 10 years, it doesn't bother you. When you get 8 hours of sleep your whole life and suddenly have a year of only getting 4-5, it's sleep deprivation.

3. The "new look". I don't know why he would decide to grow out all of that face/head hair while living near the equator in July, because that's really hot. But whatever. He's probably sweating all the dang time and it makes him look really greasy and unkempt. 90 degree weather with 60% humidity will do that to you.

14 hours ago, Mela99 said:

He almost has an anorexic quality to him now .... He's so gaunt and hollow. It's terrifying. 

I would be horrified if I saw my son transform like that - Cathy, where are you!? 

What is she supposed to do though? :( She can't just drag him back to the US, and she probably treads lightly around them  to stay on good terms and see her grandson from time to time.

19 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

He is probably praying a lot for grace and healing.

And we see how well that's working. 

50 minutes ago, jacduggar said:

90 degree weather with 60% humidity will do that to you.

That's my temperture today. It really isn't that bad. I would say the temperature in wherever they are is been higher lately

1 hour ago, jacduggar said:

I thought was everyone else is saying when I saw the pic on Jilly Muffin's insta. But the pic on Derick's insta doesn't look nearly as bad. I think a few things might be happening here: 

1. He has probably lost a little weight. The mouth surgery, moving to a new country and adjusting to their diet, and the fact that they walk everywhere now instead of driving probably has a lot to do with it. When someone that small loses 10-15 pounds, it's drastic looking. I've also notice people tend to lose weight in their face first.

2. Does izzy sleep through the night? Jill is used to kids waking up all night and having to be up with them. When you only get 5 hours of sleep a night for 10 years, it doesn't bother you. When you get 8 hours of sleep your whole life and suddenly have a year of only getting 4-5, it's sleep deprivation.

3. The "new look". I don't know why he would decide to grow out all of that face/head hair while living near the equator in July, because that's really hot. But whatever. He's probably sweating all the dang time and it makes him look really greasy and unkempt. 90 degree weather with 60% humidity will do that to you.

Not just that, but the camera angles and lighting is different for the pictures as well. Here's a comparision:

image.jpeg

The left image is from Jill's account. Camera is angled slightly down and he's facing it directly. Lighting doesn't appear that great.

Right side is from Derick's account. He isn't facing the camera as directly as the first picture and the camera isn't angled down as much - it's more level with him. Lighting here isn't great either.

Youll notice that in the photo from his account that his face is much fuller and healthier looking - and it appears to be a photo from yesterday as he stated so in the caption. No indication on when Jill's photo was taken - her clothes are different in all three photos so it's possible it isn't recent or from the same day.

I'm going to go with the following:

It just wasn't a flattering picture. He likely is dealing with orthodontia stuff like others have mentioned as well. 

Ok guys, I agree he looks very thin but let's not compare him to AIDS patients.

Also...Is it just me or has Derick's forehead bigger? Looks like the Duggar receding hairline is contagious! 

Nah, I think it runs in his family too. He posted some photos of his father taken while Derick was a child and of his grandfather when Israel was born and the father still seemed to have a slightly receding hairline and the grandfather is bald, or very nearly so. 

Anyway I think the hairline effect shows in the pair of photos that @VelociRapture posted too. With the hair slicked back his face looks so long but when he's got the scarf pulled down lower on the forehead it makes the forehead looks smaller and the rest of his face looks instantly fuller. 

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived