IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 8- Me, me, me missionary

samurai_sarah

48 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

I sincerely hope so. He entered the country without the correct paper work. 

I am watching a programme about Africa right now. John visited the fantastic Victoria falls. How on earth can he really believe that the earth is only 6000 years old? 

The ignorance of Fundies is astounding. They really are ridiculous. All of them.

Yeah, it was explained to me that all the scientific evidence that supports the old earth theory is just God testing us. This was by a teen. I think God cares more on how we treat others and how we behave when nobody else is looking. I don't think I want to believe in a God that would fuck with us.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Victoria falls are a fantastic sight.

Johns visit was totally wasted on him. Just an excuse to smirk at the world like some great white saviour of the poor black folk.

Such a fantastic place has to have an architect, I think most people would agree. What I don't understand is Fundie thinking. 

Who are they to tell everyone else what and who to believe in?

The narrow blinkered thinking. The Non- education of their children.

Laziness and grifting, having large families that they can't feed without relying on the good will (or stupidness of leghumpers)

Printing useless tracts taken from just one version of the bible. 

Pretending to be modest whilst giving birth to eleventy mouths they can't feed on film.

There is a whole God given  beautiful world out there, yet they, Gods chosen( in their minds) think for some reason, they can tell us, the lesser people that we have it wrong. 

The arrogance of all these families we snark on is beyond belief.

John is a total waste of skin.

Chickens in a supermarket basket of plane parts. 

Sorry Howl. The quote button didn't work. On my phone.

13 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

I am watching a programme about Africa right now. John visited the fantastic Victoria falls. How on earth can he really believe that the earth is only 6000 years old? 

The ignorance of Fundies is astounding. They really are ridiculous. All of them.

You know, it is hard to explain, but I had been trained for so long to just tune out and ignore any science that wasn't YEC, that I just didn't even think to question the idea that the earth is 6000. I didn't even think to come up with excuses for actual science because I ignored it all. 

I've been educating myself as an adult and real science is way more interesting and makes more sense than YEC, but I had been brainwashed into not even really hearing that information. 

I wonder if John's children are receiving any sort of an education. I can't see how Esther can really be homeschooling them with everything else she has to do. 

Though I understand John's rapid boredom with any activity and inability to see things through, I doubt very much he is looking to leave Zambia. His (and by extension the family's) situation is significantly better than it was in the states. Here they have an actual house, he has a brand new Troupie, he has respect and prestige, he gets everything he wants all he has to do is ask (or pray) for it, he gets to fulfill his fantasies of being Lord of the Plantation with African servants to do his bidding and a willing, pliable wife who provides him with a new model every year or thereabouts. Why would he ever leave Zambia? He's never had it this good in the states and he never will. He'll never be celebrated as the returning victorious missionary with people throwing money at his feet and hanging on his every word. He has that in Zambia (kinda). He'd be a fool to leave. Though, I do believe he has such delusions and hubris, that I'm sure he feels he would be celebrated and revered when he returns to the states, even though everyone (but him) can plainly see he didn't accomplish jack shit in Zambia.

3 hours ago, Burpies said:

Though I understand John's rapid boredom with any activity and inability to see things through, I doubt very much he is looking to leave Zambia. His (and by extension the family's) situation is significantly better than it was in the states. Here they have an actual house, he has a brand new Troupie, he has respect and prestige, he gets everything he wants all he has to do is ask (or pray) for it, he gets to fulfill his fantasies of being Lord of the Plantation with African servants to do his bidding and a willing, pliable wife who provides him with a new model every year or thereabouts. Why would he ever leave Zambia? He's never had it this good in the states and he never will. He'll never be celebrated as the returning victorious missionary with people throwing money at his feet and hanging on his every word. He has that in Zambia (kinda). He'd be a fool to leave. Though, I do believe he has such delusions and hubris, that I'm sure he feels he would be celebrated and revered when he returns to the states, even though everyone (but him) can plainly see he didn't accomplish jack shit in Zambia.

I don't think he's looking to leave Africa either, although I can see him moving on to a different location nearby. He seemed to be really positive about Zimbabwe when he was there, and he may be able to find a more remote location that suits his Great White Savior complex better. Nevermind what it might mean for his wife and children to live even further from the stores and doctors and community that they've come to know. 

I don't think John will ever leave Africa voluntarily.  He is sitting pretty compared to his life in the USA and accountable to no-one.  His grandiose ambition was always "Zambia and beyond" so he may well move countries if he wears out his welcome in Zambia.

He'll be there pestering Africans until the donors finally get sick of him and money runs out - or until he is arrested and deported for breaking the law or not bothering to file the right paperwork.  

Then he'll scream his fool head off about Satan working against him.

Absolutely! There are many countries in Africa that John boy can exploit when he gets bored of his adventures in Zambia. I wonder how well communications are between countries. If he makes a mis-step in Zambia and ends up on the wrong side of the law there, he may very well be able to disappear from Zambia and relocate to Zimbabwe, Mozambique, or Botswana and avoid the authorities, with his supporters none the wiser. He could just play the 'God called us to spread his word in ______ country now.'

22 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I don't think John will ever leave Africa voluntarily.  He is sitting pretty compared to his life in the USA and accountable to no-one.  His grandiose ambition was always "Zambia and beyond" so he may well move countries if he wears out his welcome in Zambia.

He'll be there pestering Africans until the donors finally get sick of him and money runs out - or until he is arrested and deported for breaking the law or not bothering to file the right paperwork.  

Then he'll scream his fool head off about Satan working against him.

Good point.  Staying in Africa lets him keep the dream alive.   Distance allows the remaining supporters Stateside keep him in somewhat soft focus, and Ester and the eleventy kids?  Well bless her heart.  We better send some bucks to this godly family. 

If John came back to the states, I think it would be difficult even for him to spin it as anything more than a failure. Plus, he would eventually have to get a J-O-B. In his value system, he has is way better where he is. I agree with the other posters who think he may move on to another country, but no way he's coming home.

john's been blathering on about how sad this burial is that he's participating in. not because someone died, of course, but bc they died before meeting his version of jesus. actual quote: 

It was very sad to see the grief without the consolation of Christ

:pb_rollseyes: what a douche. how about 'it was very sad to see the grief. period."

55 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

john's been blathering on about how sad this burial is that he's participating in. not because someone died, of course, but bc they died before meeting his version of jesus. actual quote: 

It was very sad to see the grief without the consolation of Christ

:pb_rollseyes: what a douche. how about 'it was very sad to see the grief. period."

I thought the same. Even people with strong religious beliefs feel sad when their loved ones die. John wouldn't, but that's because he has the emotional range of a teaspoon. 

On July 27, 2016 at 2:07 PM, Freejin said:
17 minutes ago, slickcat79 said:

I thought the same. Even people with strong religious beliefs feel sad when their loved ones die. John wouldn't, but that's because he has the emotional range of a teaspoon. 

Also, he is asking for prayers for how tired he is after preaching at the funeral. What about prayers for the grieving family??

Well, this is a little concerning (from his Facebook page):

On top of everything else, some of our children are battling a nasty flu right now. Little Stephen has it the worst right now and it's really affecting his breathing.

We've been able to help him tremendously using direct application and diffusing of essential oils, which we are very grateful to have, but would you please join us in lifting up our little guy (who will be 2 on Sept. 11th), as well as his sick siblings? The other sick ones right now are Charis and Sophia, Agape is recovering well.

We'll see who else gets it. I'm sure Esther and my immune systems are not the strongest right now.

I hope everyone gets through this, and it would be great if they sought medical care for a child's breathing difficulties!

4 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

On top of everything else, some of our children are battling a nasty flu right now. Little Stephen has it the worst right now and it's really affecting his breathing.

We've been able to help him tremendously using direct application and diffusing of essential oils, which we are very grateful to have, but would you please join us in lifting up our little guy (who will be 2 on Sept. 11th), as well as his sick siblings? The other sick ones right now are Charis and Sophia, Agape is recovering well.

We'll see who else gets it. I'm sure Esther and my immune systems are not the strongest right now.

I hope everyone gets through this, and it would be great if they sought medical care for a child's breathing difficulties!

That is scary.  Why do these people dick around with sick babies?  Especially when those babies are having breathing issues.  That is nothing to screw around with.  And the flu?  Really?  Is that Dr. John's diagnosis? Prick.

Sure John,  I'm not actually the praying type but this time I'll make an exception and pray for your kids*.  Not because I care about you, but because your children's father is such a dick that they need all help they can get.

*also Esther while I'm about it.

10 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

Saw this last night and couldn't *headdesk* enough. A "nasty flu" with breathing difficulties in a not quite TWO YEAR OLD, but you're going to treat with essential oils. Besides the fact that infections can actually kill them, kids can develop long-term or permanent breathing problems from untreated illnesses. Unless the diffuser has albuterol in it, it's not going to make your kid breathe better.

John really managed to turn the funeral into an All About John event, didn't he? :?

New video up full of John with his fake accent(which he keeps dropping all through the video) talking about how there was no pure Bible translations in Zambia until he arrived. :roll: He found a 1922 Bible that he is going to retranslate and bring it back in line to where it needs to be. He had to download it from the internet because no one in Zambia would let him borrow their 1922 Bible. Probably because John is an asshole who has insulted them in some way. 

Now, when he says he is going to translate it, what he means is that someone else will do all the work because John hasn't bothered to learn any language but English. But don't worry, John will be sure to take all the credit for this "historic" event. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

New video up full of John with his fake accent(which he keeps dropping all through the video) talking about how there was no pure Bible translations in Zambia until he arrived. :roll: He found a 1922 Bible that he is going to retranslate and bring it back in line to where it needs to be. He had to download it from the internet because no one in Zambia would let him borrow their 1922 Bible. Probably because John is an asshole who has insulted them in some way. 

Shouldn't translations start at the source like the ancient Greek? I would think a translation of a translation is a bad thing.

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

If someone told me my holy book was not only wrong, but blasphemous/heretical, I wouldn't let them anywhere near it. Given his usual follow-through, he'd probably keep it for months. Plus he'd likely just destroy it and give me a copy of the Shrader Bible instead.

Well John-boy has 7 more days until the elections that could determine his future. I am just about done with my field reports regarding the da plane, chicken farm and other interesting insights on his mis adventures. Right now I have my three grandchildren (14, 10 & 8) full time since their parents are both traveling, not planned just happened one due to the elections other Army obligations, that one planned. So I am getting them ready to go back to school and dealing with a very active 10 yr old girl with a broken arm, which is healing very well thanks everyone for asking cast comes off today limited activity for the next two weeks plus PT then we should be back to normal. 

From what I can see of David Rea's FB page he is a total asshole. He is really just as horrible as John, he just has better organizational skills. He has gotten into political posts and is a Trump supporter. He is trying to claim that the Democrats have been making nasty comments for years so Trump isn't doing anything wrong with the statements he makes. He also seems to think that it would be better if political candidates dual to the death.

21 hours ago, countressrascal said:

Well John-boy has 7 more days until the elections that could determine his future. I am just about done with my field reports regarding the da plane, chicken farm and other interesting insights on his mis adventures. Right now I have my three grandchildren (14, 10 & 8) full time since their parents are both traveling, not planned just happened one due to the elections other Army obligations, that one planned. So I am getting them ready to go back to school and dealing with a very active 10 yr old girl with a broken arm, which is healing very well thanks everyone for asking cast comes off today limited activity for the next two weeks plus PT then we should be back to normal. 

Looking forward to your report! 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived