IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!!: The 20th (THREAD) Achieved!

FundieFarmer

On 5/25/2016 at 6:42 PM, HereticHick said:

So what are we calling this 20th Blessing?  J'Thread?

If we're naming these threads after Duggar family members, and left begins at conception, technically this thread should be named Josie. Unlike Jichelle, I'm not forgetting J'Caleb.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember the days of having seasonal patent leather mary janes. White, Easter -Labor Day & Black Labor Day-Easter. My white gloves changed by season too. Solid cotton for winter & lace in summer. The look was completed with lace-trimmed ankle socks. Young girls pinned prayer scarves (picture a doily) to their heads. I looked forward to the day I would be grown enough for a real church hat. Every Sunday was a fashion show. 

Our Sunday best was similar to these hats.

Screen Shot 2016-05-26 at 7.38.00 PM.png

I would like to point out that the Grandma Mary video post has its location tagged as De Queen, AR, but in the video, it is clearly the TTH, and you can glimpse the Treehouse of Horror in the background for a moment.

Wasn't that crisis management/PR guy the Duggars use from De Queen?

**THREAD NAME EDITED TO CLARIFY THAT NO DUGGAR OR BATESESESESES MATRIARCHS ARE PREGNANT AT THE START OF THIS THREAD**

This is what I get for trying to be creative :( 

2 hours ago, FundieFarmer said:

**THREAD NAME EDITED TO CLARIFY THAT NO DUGGAR OR BATESESESESES MATRIARCHS ARE PREGNANT AT THE START OF THIS THREAD**

This is what I get for trying to be creative :(

Your creativity is welcome, FundieFarmer! I thought it was funny.

13 hours ago, Hiddenomaha said:

Screen Shot 2016-05-26 at 7.38.00 PM.png

I would like to point out that the Grandma Mary video post has its location tagged as De Queen, AR, but in the video, it is clearly the TTH, and you can glimpse the Treehouse of Horror in the background for a moment.

Wasn't that crisis management/PR guy the Duggars use from De Queen?

Did we ever get a confirmation about who the Duggars were using as their crisis management guy? We were being bombarded with so much information at the time that all I remember was the guy everyone thought was the crisis manager but he publicly said he wasn't.

15 hours ago, princessmahina said:

It doesn't necessarily help. I went to a finishing school type thing one summer, and I still consistently look like I got caught in a wind tunnel. My posture is pretty good and I walk well (I guess?) but I attribute that to a decade of ballet classes. I sometimes wonder if some of us just aren't born a little "sloppy." Makes the boho look a breeze though :pb_lol:

I have that innate sloppy gene. My mom on the other hand no matter what she wears always looks so put together. 

It's been said before, but the Duggar birthday posts are so strange and impersonal. Compare even to Famy, who seems to have a great relationship with grandma Mary and when she wishes someone a happy birthday says something other than "They love God sooo much, they're so sweet and always trying to set a Godly example to everyone". 

And the videos - is it because they're so addicted to being filmed at this point that they just can't stop filming themselves at every opportunity?

http://www.duggarfamily.com/2016/5/a-statement-from-josh-and-anna-duggar

New Statement from Josh and Anna

May 27, 2016

As we enter into a long family weekend together, we want to thank each of you for the prayers, love and encouragement you’ve sent our way. Since the residential treatment program ended, we have been working with a professional marriage and family counselor to take important steps toward healing. It isn’t easy and some days are very difficult. It is a long road to rebuild trust and a truly healthy relationship. We are very thankful for God’s forgiveness, grace and help, as it is our strength and guide to rebuilding our lives. As the future unfolds, we are taking one day at a time and we are grateful for your continued prayers for both of us and our sweet children.

With Gratitude, Josh and Anna

So, they are working with a PROFESSIONAL counselor????? 

WOW!   Does this mean that it is someone who counselled another couple once or twice?  (I'm thinking of the word PROFESSIONAL as it Duggar Speak) 

This statement is actually more open and thoughtful that I would expect from the Duggars.

I'm a bit dubious of what they would consider a "professional counselor." But I agree with @HereticHick, this is definitely more um... real? sounding than their other statements. And who knows, maybe they really are seeing a real professional. And maybe that professional touch on Josh's childhood. It's a BIG maybe I know but I'll admit I'm still holding on to hope that Josh is the one to write a tell all book and throw his parents under the bus. One can dream.

Way back in the 50's and 60's my mother used to wear the Playtex living girdle. A horrible rubber garment filled with perforations for your flesh to poke out of and to presumably let the sweat run out of. Mom was slender and still poked out of all those holes. The material was softer and stretchier than  playtex rubber gloves but THICK, real thick. Awful things. When I was 12 or so I had  to wear a heavy, cumbersome back brace that involved garters and stockings to kep it from riding up. My first stockings were baby blue fishnets.  Oh yeah, the brace had heavy leather straps that went under your armpits.   The leather increased the sweating, and the smell impregnated the leather.. Good times, good times for a  7th grader.

@Geechee Girl, those hats are lovely!

The guy who write Dress for Success back in the early 80s said that some people were just put together sloppy.  Those people had to make more effort to be neat. 

Like I said in More Joshley 16, I bet their counselor isn't professional. I bet it's Jim Bob.

1 hour ago, TuringMachine said:

I'm a bit dubious of what they would consider a "professional counselor." But I agree with @HereticHick, this is definitely more um... real? sounding than their other statements. And who knows, maybe they really are seeing a real professional. And maybe that professional touch on Josh's childhood. It's a BIG maybe I know but I'll admit I'm still holding on to hope that Josh is the one to write a tell all book and throw his parents under the bus. One can dream.

I hope they are seeing a trained counselor with something more than prayer and guilt to offer, because maybe they can get help.  The "help" will probably not take the form of either one of them examining "old baggage" or reconsidering the way they were brought up. (I can't imagine them going to counseling that would threaten/question their beliefs.). But they may still get help with communicating, trusting, adjusting to the "new normal," etc.   There are pastoral counselors who have had training and who might help.

Josh may or may not write a tell-all book someday, but I doubt it will be because he reaches an insight through therapy that his parents are screwed up, at least not now. 

17 minutes ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

Like I said in More Joshley 16, I bet their counselor isn't professional. I bet it's Jim Bob.

Ugh now that I'm thinking about what Jim Bob would be saying to them.  Probably telling Anna about how "forgiveness is a choice" and "to always be available" :puke-front:

Anyone can call themselves a professional counselor. My question is the person a LICENSED professional counselor? 

My guess? Nope.

29 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Anyone can call themselves a professional counselor. My question is the person a LICENSED professional counselor? 

My guess? Nope.

I doubt many LPC's would fit in with their idea of what they need from counseling. 

The idea of working with a situation like Josh and Anna's is further reinforcing my decision to never ever ever do couple's therapy.

9 minutes ago, JesusCampSongs said:

I doubt many LPC's would fit in with their idea of what they need from counseling. 

The idea of working with a situation like Josh and Anna's is further reinforcing my decision to never ever ever do couple's therapy.

Omg me too! I would rather counsel people with addictions all day long than couples! That just sounds like torture!

The Josh and Anna Statement seems pretty PR ish to me 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Omg me too! I would rather counsel people with addictions all day long than couples! That just sounds like torture!

can you imagine their counselling session ? 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Are you a therapist, too?! I'm an LCSW. 

This is like "fuck, chuck, or marry" or "death is not an option."

Would you rather counsel:

1. someone in the middle of their twentieth heroin relapse
  2. Josh and Anna
  3. Michelle Duggar coming off a klonopin bender

Are you a therapist, too?! I'm an LCSW. 

This is like "fuck, chuck, or marry" or "death is not an option."

Would you rather counsel:

1. someone in the middle of their twentieth heroin relapse
  2. Josh and Anna
  3. Michelle Duggar coming off a klonopin bender

I would counsel Michelle Duggar simply because it would be amusing to hear her cry 

And as you know, @jesuscampsongs, not all licensed counsellors are great. Humble MSW here, I've come across the magnificent, and the ones I wouldn't send my dog to. I have to say, that most were hard working and competent.

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

And as you know, @jesuscampsongs, not all licensed counsellors are great. Humble MSW here, I've come across the magnificent, and the ones I wouldn't send my dog to. I have to say, that most were hard working and competent.

That's the kind of counselor Josh and Anna would never see. A competent one would point out all the red flags. Josh can't possibly risk having Anna's mind warped by a non-fundie!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • OnceUponATime unpinned this topic

Archived