IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!!: The 20th (THREAD) Achieved!

FundieFarmer

1 hour ago, Geechee Girl said:

Ah, the Whites. I haven't checked on them since the last time pics surfaced of them staying in the Duggar guest house. Heistheway is my favorite fundy name. 

I only just discovered them, though I remember seeing mentions of Heistheway before.  I just followed the link to their website and discovered she is not the only one with a . . . unique name.  Can someone explain "Pelaiah" please?

Also I notice that after the first two, the kids names got more normal.  Did they have a revelation that weird names are not pleasing to God, or did they just run out of creativity?

[The names (according to their website) are: Heistheway (12), Pelaiah (10), Abraham (8), Noah (6), Daniel (4), Shiloh (2), and baby Priscilla.]

Also on their website I found out that unlike the Duggars they try to eat healthy foods and make their own bread and so forth.  Maybe they can give Jessa some lessons while they are visiting.  

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe they named one of their daughters Heistheway. I thought I'd seen it all in Fundy world...

5 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Is #allpraisebetogod one of their other kids?

Maybe they'll have another little blessing soon to name it that!

Really disturbing to see all the gun-love on the White's instagram account.  Although I have to give Franicia props for her answer to Pickles on a pic where F was wearing (not how it's done Jill) the baby.  Pickles was trying to be especially snarky and asked her if the gun was in the sling with the baby.  F just ignored the snarky and explained how she holstered the gun separately.

Also, the Whites do seem to actually do something for a living and not just grift. All this is to say that it almost balances out the bad fundie names they gave their elder daughters.

I know absolutely nothing about this family but I feel truly terrible for the two oldest, what horrendous names. It seems like in a bid to feel like the holiest of rollers they gave these poor kids religious/political statements for names, and to me that seems cruel and entirely unnecessary (obnoxious bumper stickers exist for a reason).  

45 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

Can someone explain "Pelaiah" please?

I think it's pronounced peh-LAY-uh. Someone please correct me if I got it wrong.

All this talk of Heistheway and awful Fundie names (including Spurgeon) reminded me of the equally horrible Puritan names.  The only advantage these have over Heistheway is the hyphens.

Here are some examples:

• Will-of-God
  • Job-raked-out-of-the-ashes
  • Sorry-for-sin
  • Fight-the-good-fight-of-faith
  • No-merit
  • Joy-in-sorrow
  • Jesus-Christ-came-into-the-world- to-save
  • Praise-God
  • If-Christ-had-not-died-for-thee-thou-hadst-been-damned (This last is my favorite. Not surprisingly, as an adult he called himself "Nicholas." His family name was Barebones, but he changed this to Barbon. As Nicholas Barbon he is in the history books as a financier and economist, an early proponent of the free market, etc.  He did keep the long name as a middle-name) 

The Puritans also had names such as "Fly-Evil" and "Flee-temptation" but the one that I am sure will be considered as the middle name for the next M kid is

•  Fly-fornication.  (This was a real name.)

1 hour ago, EmCatlyn said:

All this talk of Heistheway and awful Fundie names (including Spurgeon) reminded me of the equally horrible Puritan names.  The only advantage these have over Heistheway is the hyphens.

Here are some examples:

• Will-of-God
  • Job-raked-out-of-the-ashes
  • Sorry-for-sin
  • Fight-the-good-fight-of-faith
  • No-merit
  • Joy-in-sorrow
  • Jesus-Christ-came-into-the-world- to-save
  • Praise-God
  • If-Christ-had-not-died-for-thee-thou-hadst-been-damned (This last is my favorite. Not surprisingly, as an adult he called himself "Nicholas." His family name was Barebones, but he changed this to Barbon. As Nicholas Barbon he is in the history books as a financier and economist, an early proponent of the free market, etc.  He did keep the long name as a middle-name) 

The Puritans also had names such as "Fly-Evil" and "Flee-temptation" but the one that I am sure will be considered as the middle name for the next M kid is

•  Fly-fornication.  (This was a real name.)

I hope Blessa doesn't ever see this post. You may be giving her ideas for her next unfortunately named child. 

She's probably pissed that Heistheway is taken. 

1 hour ago, Jinder Roles said:

I hope Blessa doesn't ever see this post. You may be giving her ideas for her next unfortunately named child. 

She's probably pissed that Heistheway is taken. 

It's not Jessa I'm worried about seeing these names. Ben is the one who came up with Spurgeon.

I think Spurgeon is a nicer name than Heistheway. (I also read it as Hell is the way - clearly a heathen!)

I never thought I would come across a worse name than the Spurge. Poor child.  

7 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

If-Christ-had-not-died-for-thee-thou-hadst-been-damned

So is "If" considered their first name and then "Christ-had-not-died-for-thee-thou-hadst-been-damned" their middle name or do they say this whole thing each time they address the child? 

Imagine saying the you are in trouble full name thing that mothers/fathers do, by the time you got through all of that you would have forgotten what they darn well did wrong. 

2 hours ago, motelmum said:

So is "If" considered their first name and then "Christ-had-not-died-for-thee-thou-hadst-been-damned" their middle name or do they say this whole thing each time they address the child? 

Imagine saying the you are in trouble full name thing that mothers/fathers do, by the time you got through all of that you would have forgotten what they darn well did wrong. 

The whole thing was his name. Following the pattern a lot of these people used to abbreviate, he may have been "Died-for-thee" to family and friends.  When they were angry, they probably called him "Damned." ;) 

14 hours ago, nst said:

jessa decided to up them one obviously 

Nah. I think Spurgeon is better than Heistheway

1 minute ago, HereticHick said:

Nah. I think Spurgeon is better than Heistheway

well clearly neither will be going to a normal school 

since the father is a proud carrying crazy man 

makes me more ill than you all will ever realize 

1 minute ago, nst said:

well clearly neither will be going to a normal school 

since the father is a proud carrying crazy man 

makes me more ill than you all will ever realize 

If you Google "Lt Commander Tim White"  you find lots of articles about his love of packing heat:

http://www.stripes.com/source-no-charges-against-navy-officer-for-weapons-violations-in-chattanooga-attack-1.361644

I would love to know what the other Naval officers and their spouses says about the Whites behind their backs. I'd like to know if they have ever had to cram their brood into on-base housing.

I remember when my family lived in officers housing at a Naval Air Station, there was a Catholic family with 5 or 6 kids. They got a bigger house (4 bedrooms, I think) that they would have normally received for the man's rank. I remember a lot of cranky gossip about that. (ain't no gossip like military base gossip!)

Imagine meeting someone named "Sorry-for-Sin." Tends to draw questions concerning your conception.

Ugh. Why didn't they just name her LookatusweloveJesusmorethanyoudo?

Pelaiah is a Biblical male name that means "God is wonderful"  or "Distinguished of the Lord" (depending on how the Hebrew is written).  There are two Pelaiahs in the Bible, with both Hebrew spellings.  

One was the son of Elioenai (descendant of Solomon).  One helped Ezra explain the Law.  

Why can't people just save the weird names for the middle name?

Sarah Heistheway White

John Pelaiah White

Elliott Spurgeon Seewald

See? So much better.

1 minute ago, Wenny said:

I am always surmised they don't name the new baby Agape. 

Like the Shradrers? My mouth was Agape when I first saw that name.

46 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Sarah Heistheway White

John Pelaiah White

Elliott Spurgeon Seewald

See? So much better.

If they did it that way, the public wouldn't know how speshful they truly were. The big draw for naming their kids these in-your-face, noticeable names is to immediately draw attention to how Christian the family is. People heaped a lot of praise (even with the criticism) upon the Seewalds for paying tribute to Charles Spurgeon by naming their firstborn after him, even though it was a pretty ugly name.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Sarah Heistheway White

John Pelaiah White

Elliott Spurgeon Seewald

See? So much better.

Lacking in LOOK AT ME attention

33 minutes ago, season of life said:

If they did it that way, the public wouldn't know how speshful they truly were. The big draw for naming their kids these in-your-face, noticeable names is to immediately draw attention to how Christian the family is. People heaped a lot of praise (even with the criticism) upon the Seewalds for paying tribute to Charles Spurgeon by naming their firstborn after him, even though it was a pretty ugly name.

Wouldn't the better choice (AND TRIBUTE) be Charles Spurgeon Elliot Seewald?

Or skip the Elliot (although I think that was Jessa's contribution)

How many people even recognize the name "Spurgeon"?

To me, it screams my dad is a self righteous teenager who does not know his asshole from his piehole.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • OnceUponATime unpinned this topic

Archived