IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!!: The 20th (THREAD) Achieved!

FundieFarmer

15 hours ago, marmalade said:

We have three new graduates from Duggar Academy, Yes, that's what they call their "school."

tumblr_o9cssn4IVK1r9t2zdo1_1280.jpg

Maybe it's just me, but could they not have supported any separation of identity for their twins???  Jeremiah and Jedidiah are close enough, but to give them the same middle name is kind of cruel, especially since this is something that is restricted to only these two (unlike the Willis family where all the boys have the same middle name).  

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

That leaves 8 still in school. 11 or 12 years still to go.

8 still at SOTDRT.......not real school.

20 hours ago, marmalade said:

We have three new graduates from Duggar Academy, Yes, that's what they call their "school."

Eh, in a lot of states in order to register to homeschool you have to name your "school", so there are zillions of "lastname academy" or "nameofstreet academy" type names. Maybe that's why.

I'd congratulate them if I thought they'd go on to do anything other than get married and pump out kids.

9 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

I just have to say I love Joy's outfit.

Usually I don't go for maxi skirts, but that one is super cute and I want to buy it. And Joy has grown into such a beauty (well, she was a cute kid).

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 8:42 PM, marmalade said:

Glad Jer was able to make the celebration.  His hair sure did grow back fast. 

And Lawson was in Arkansas over the weekend.  Hmmmm.  Maybe to attend Joy's graduation? 

And where the heck are they?  Weird place to hand out framed diplomas. 

P.S.  I don't have twins, but Mr. double T and I gave both our sons Mr. double T's middle name.  I wanted both my sons to have that part of their dad, while having their own first name. 

4 hours ago, doubleT said:

And Lawson was in Arkansas over the weekend.  Hmmmm.  Maybe to attend Joy's graduation? 

P.S.  I don't have twins, but Mr. double T and I gave both our sons Mr. double T's middle name.  I wanted both my sons to have that part of their dad, while having their own first name. 

I have 4 sisters total. 3 of them are half sisters(same dad) and all have J names. Not sure why that is, never thought to ask but maybe I will now if I remember. There's about a 10 year age gap between those three and then me and my full blooded sister. Our first names are very different from the older 3 and we do not share the same first letter. We do however share a middle name. It has never bothered me. All that probably just shows my dad let's the women take control in that department :content:

2 hours ago, JesSky03 said:

I have 4 sisters total. 3 of them are half sisters(same dad) and all have J names. Not sure why that is, never thought to ask but maybe I will now if I remember. There's about a 10 year age gap between those three and then me and my full blooded sister. Our first names are very different from the older 3 and we do not share the same first letter. We do however share a middle name. It has never bothered me. All that probably just shows my dad let's the women take control in that department :content:

One of my sisters and I share a middle name.

I don't think either of us have really cared all that much and in its defense, it's a really nice middle name!

2 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I have known familes who have given their kids the same middle name usually it's a family name though. 

In Chinese culture, kids in the same generation (siblings and cousins) will often share a character in their given names (a "generation name"). Traditionally, the generation names are arranged to form a poem. I think that it's a cool practice, and giving shared middle names is fine as long as you treat the kids as individuals and give them sufficiently differentiated first names (I don't know how the Duggars handle monogramming -- and they're fairly well-off Southerners: a group of people who would monogram organ transplants if someone let them).

32 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

(I don't know how the Duggars handle monogramming -- and they're fairly well-off Southerners: a group of people who would monogram organ transplants if someone let them).

They probably just leave out the middle initial and monogram everything "JD", then they can share or hand things down. I wonder if Jessa went nuts and monogrammed a bunch of stuff once she got married? Jill could just keep the original monogram I suppose. I'd probably be disappointed if I was her.

On May 30, 2016 at 8:31 PM, EyeQueue said:

ETA: And Franicia is apparently the author of an adult coloring book that is...SURPRISE...not religious-based. It looks like random gear and shape type designs (which I might actually like).

ETA (the second): Someone busts Franicia in an April 28, 2016 post by telling her her shapes are actually Indian mandalas, and so she's risking her ETERNAL SOUL!!!1111 by including those in her coloring book.

I think these people need their own thread. Seriously.

For a moment I experienced some strange combination of excitement and confusion over the idea of a fundie making a X-rated coloring book. And then I remembered I am a coloring minion and that adult coloring books are a thing and they are just advanced level coloring books, not "adult" in the in the sense of adult films or anything.

On June 25, 2016 at 9:42 PM, marmalade said:

So if they have their Duggar Academy "diploma" do they bother with the GED anymore? We haven't heard about one of the kids getting a GED in years. To me giving them a faux diploma just makes it seem like they are trying to pass SORDT off as a real education. If they have their "diploma" why bother with their GED? I guess it doesn't really matter since they're not allowed to get jobs outside their family business or setting up their own, but it would be nice if they were given options.

I doubt that Duggar Academy is accredited, so I don't think it would get them very far in the real world, unlike a GED. Of course, they don't have to live in the real world, so I guess it's OK. I'm glad they got acknowledged, though.

My sister and I have similar first names and the same middle name. It doesn't help that we look alike. It annoyed is growing up. Now we don't care.

We're not related, but one of my best friends and I have the exact same first and middle names (but her middle name adds a letter in the middle). We didn't meet until we were 17 and at uni, but if even if we don't look alike, people confuse us often. 

Annoying? Sometimes. But we're bonded. It's like we're part of an exclusive club haha

I, too, am very confused by the construction site. There's a chance they're just doing another 'project' on the compound. But why take a photo there? Why not pose in front of the house?

Gotta say, Joy's looking healthy and happier in the face in that photo. But then again, maybe her 'smiling with the eyes' is just her squinting to avoid the glare... 

I believe that the only kid to escape the Duggar life will be Jenny. She's hated that life since the day she was born. I don't even think watching Johannah get 'lady' lessons will persuade her to stay.

My father had a good friend who's best friend had the same first & last name as him they had different middle names though. When they were in school they were known as first name then middle initial. 

2 hours ago, Front Hugging Fiend said:

We're not related, but one of my best friends and I have the exact same first and middle names (but her middle name adds a letter in the middle). We didn't meet until we were 17 and at uni, but if even if we don't look alike, people confuse us often. 

Annoying? Sometimes. But we're bonded. It's like we're part of an exclusive club haha

I, too, am very confused by the construction site. There's a chance they're just doing another 'project' on the compound. But why take a photo there? Why not pose in front of the house?

Gotta say, Joy's looking healthy and happier in the face in that photo. But then again, maybe her 'smiling with the eyes' is just her squinting to avoid the glare... 

Maybe it's the outfit but she looks a little thinner to me. But not in a bad way, like you said she's looking healthy. Hopefully it's not because she is courting and is staying trim to please whoever this man that may be ala Anna style. Of course that is very speculation bus. 

On 6/27/2016 at 0:53 PM, doubleT said:

Do you have other children that you gave different middle names?  And did you give both of your sons practically the same name?  That's my problem with it - they already have a J name as a family thing.  Not giving them any sense of separation in their names just seems mean. 

6 hours ago, Jana814 said:

My father had a good friend who's best friend had the same first & last name as him they had different middle names though. When they were in school they were known as first name then middle initial. 

I had that with 2 guys in grade school - they might have gone to the same HS too.

*I live in Australia so my post may not be warranted*

I have to say, for a family that likes to be Frugal, there are some nice SUV's in the back of that picture.

Mind you, they may be older models, cheaper brands or not even theirs... 

However, one must wonder...

On 26/6/2016 at 5:17 PM, EmCatlyn said:

I didn't take the name seriously though.   Maybe Michelle does--if Jana is a concert pianist, the SOTDRT could be an academy in her eyes--but I just saw it as a way to give recognition for the kids' completion of what passes for an academic program.

In early specials, they called their kids "our best friends". I wouldn't consider somebody my best friend if I'm beating him/her, I'm hiding sexual abuse and encouraging this person NOT TO go to college.

Duggars just use the language in the most hypocrite way.

So yes, their SOTDRT is an academy, their house is a church, tater tot is healthy food and Michelle is a mother.

Your kids shouldn't be your best friends. Maybe when your kids are adults but when they are kids, they need parents. Not best friends. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • OnceUponATime unpinned this topic

Archived