IGNORED

Counting On- Part 10: Counting out in Central America!

samurai_sarah

17 hours ago, season of life said:

Thanks for bringing it up, @Larry. I just checked their account and I was surprised at some things I saw. Barack Obama is one of the accounts they follow. Democratic Governors? The Democrats? John Kerry? They follow a lot of Democrat-affiliated accounts, like Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi. I wonder if they follow these people so they can mock their words or want to be on the up-and-up on politicians. Strange.

On the other hand, gotta love the dude with the last name of Loudermilk. 

You gotta keep your eyes on the enemy.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/3/2016 at 8:00 PM, MatthewDuggar said:

JB's treatment of his dad when he was dying just unnerves me.  That should have been kept off camera.  I have a feeling Mary and JB's dad really didn't have the best of relationships.  I can't recall seeing any interaction on camera between them before he was terminal, but I wonder if they had a relationship like my parents.  Basically they should have divorced since I was a baby.  I never saw them kiss or hug each other, they basically co-existed. In reality they were complete opposites.  They fought on occasion but it was never violent.  As I got older my mother basically just ignored my dad.  Then as a teen, my dad was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and suddenly my mother was like Joan of Ark and made sure he got proper treatment.  Once he was stabilized she went back to ignoring him.  Eventually, she ended up coming to live with me, she suffered a fall, broke a hip, got mild dementia and died due to COPD complications.   At the funeral/ celebration of life party for her, you would have thought they had a picture-perfect marriage based on my dad's actions/mood, etc.  As far as I am concerned, I never took sides or anything.  It was stressful, but it was their relationship, not mine.   It's all so bizarre and I'm sorry for blabbering, but I just have a feeling there's a lot more to the story as to why JB feels the way he did/does.

I see Josh/Anna and Jessa/Ben having this type of relationship.

On 6/14/2016 at 10:45 AM, Buzzard said:

My guess is that they arent renewed until fall.  TLC will wait us out and see if they can convince advertisers to come back, promising that the public doesnt have a very long attention span.

Dear TLC,

Freejinger has been around in one form or another for more than a decade. We'll still be here.

-Buzzard

Sadly, they are just boring as fuck. They don't mix it up at all, J and D did a little bit, but we don't see that much of them, probably because TLC doesn't' want us to know what they are really doing with the locals down there (too much focus on their crazy religious side). 

All of their story lines are basically the same, and even the girls' little adventure was slightly out of the norm, but they just talked about the same old shite. boring. 

If they really want a show, they need to show us some realness... squabbling, real feelings, as the hard questions, otherwise, it's just not interesting. 

Also....taxes are in.... anyone look up what J and D's non-profit filed? (or maybe those aren't done yet, sometimes the schedule is off a bit)

51 minutes ago, karen77 said:

<snip>

Also....taxes are in.... anyone look up what J and D's non-profit filed? (or maybe those aren't done yet, sometimes the schedule is off a bit)

I can see that being the next scandal.

2 hours ago, karen77 said:

It takes several months for the 990s to show up online. Nothing yet.

Just saw a picture on the duggar site of Meredith being held by Justin (I think.) A couple of people commented that violates Michelle's safety rules of little girls not sitting in big boys' laps. Wonder if they will let the comments stay.

BTW, I sat in my big brothers' laps all the time, and was not molested. So did many of my friends. In fact, I don't know anyone who was molested that way. Not saying it doesn't happen, but I don't think it's as common as the Duggars proclaim.

7 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Just saw a picture on the duggar site of Meredith being held by Justin (I think.) A couple of people commented that violates Michelle's safety rules of little girls not sitting in big boys' laps. Wonder if they will let the comments stay.

BTW, I sat in my big brothers' laps all the time, and was not molested. So did many of my friends. In fact, I don't know anyone who was molested that way. Not saying it doesn't happen, but I don't think it's as common as the Duggars proclaim.

I think that having preemptive "safety rules" like that (unless the child is coming from some sort of trauma background where they have an increased risk of sexual acting out) may actually make sexual abuse more likely to occur, because it normalizes the prospect of molestation and prevents the children from developing a sense of what healthy/appropriate physical contact with their sibling entails.

The Duggars and their backwards thinking. I sat on my brothers lap. Wasn't molested. Many people sit on their brothers lap. Sitting on laps doesn't cause molesting. 

In the early days of when this whole molestation thing came out, it came out  that the 5 year old was sitting on Josh's lap when he molested her.

Anything the Duggars think is common is likely rare. In their eyes, it's extremely common for horrible things to happen if you obtain a non-fundy education, date, have an independent thought, associate with non-fundies or are not a submissive SAHD. Thinking molestation is so common that it happens in most families, and minimizing it at that, is just a way of justifying it occurring in their family. They had no way to explain why it happened in their "perfect Christian" family that played by all the fundy rules. Therefore, it needed to be common to show that it's an everyday, run of the mill, issue that everyone deals with so its really not that big of a deal. 

14 hours ago, cathgrl1 said:

It takes several months for the 990s to show up online. Nothing yet.

I figured this might be the case.... but yeah, definitely something to look into as soon as it is available!

On 2016-05-30 at 6:54 PM, BabyBottlePop said:

I too, have caught up on the threads and don't know what to do with myself.

I totally identify with this. Whenever I finish reading all the threads I'm following I always have sense of letdown. Since I work at home, I no longer have an excuse not to get back to working.

So I'm always hoping that my comrades on FJ are posting lots and lots and lots of new opinions!

On 2016-06-04 at 3:16 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I believe they still suck at keeping clutter at bay. They just have a shit load of buildings to hold all of their crap.

Yes; didn't we see, on the show where they had the flea market, that they had an entire warehouse full of old stuff? Bits of furniture, clothes, old toys, broken appliances, etc.

I know they had a lot of kids, but seeing that display of conspicuous consumption sure undermined any claims they ever made about being thrifty. I don't care if half the junk they own was used when the acquired it: They just seem to spend a lot of time accumulating STUFF. I wonder how many empty places in their lives they try to fill by shopping.

12 minutes ago, Analytica49 said:

Yes; didn't we see, on the show where they had the flea market, that they had an entire warehouse full of old stuff? Bits of furniture, clothes, old toys, broken appliances, etc.

I know they had a lot of kids, but seeing that display of conspicuous consumption sure undermined any claims they ever made about being thrifty. I don't care if half the junk they own was used when the acquired it: They just seem to spend a lot of time accumulating STUFF. I wonder how many empty places in their lives they try to fill by shopping.

I think that it's probably really common for large families to do what the Duggars did. 

1) when buying used, you get into a mindset that you will just buy it because it's so cheap. You don't want to pass up a good deal! 

2) we might need this in the future! I bet they say that to themselves a lot since they have so many kids. Eventually one will want to play with that toy or wear that shirt. So let's keep it just in case.

3) keeping hand me downs. They must have so much hand me down clothing in storage. Even just for grandkids! 

4) free stuff. There is a lot of free stuff in the world. Free isn't always a good thing. But I bet JB doesn't know that. So they pick up something free off the side of the road and never get around to fixing it up to use. And it just sits in the garage.

5) kids accumulate crap. So when you have that many kids, they accumulate a lot of stuff each. Stuff like Christmas and birthday gifts, artwork, things they found, etc. 

so im sure all large fundie families deal with these same issues. Large families just breed crap.

16 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Josie has been pictured on Josh's lap

tumblr_inline_ns89gg9v5b1t6ubty_1280.png

With Josh being responsible for that rule in the first place, we know how seriously the Duggars follow it :shakehead:

1 hour ago, imokit said:

Josie has been pictured on Josh's lap

tumblr_inline_ns89gg9v5b1t6ubty_1280.png

With Josh being responsible for that rule in the first place, we know how seriously the Duggars follow it :shakehead:

This picture just makes my skin crawl. Clearly they don't follow the rule all that closely.

Josh was married when the picture was taken so in the Duggar mind, he was cured as he as now having Christian, marital sex so he no longer had to be kept away from the girls. 

15 hours ago, socalrules said:

Josh was married when the picture was taken so in the Duggar mind, he was cured as he as now having Christian, marital sex so he no longer had to be kept away from the girls. 

Likely true.  Such pea brains.

It is jarring to see a sister on his lap, especially one who wasn't too far in age from his (as far as anyone knows) youngest victim.

Anna was next to him as an accountability buddy. Change the rules as it's convenient. :sigh:

What do these folks do all day now? With no show renewal confirmed and seemingly no speaking engagements...what fills their days?! I know they vaguely mention things like flipping cars & cleaning rental properties but it just seems so sporadic and inconsistent. I just can't imagine living this way. 

Also, looking forward to seeing Dillard Family Ministries tax information. When should that start appearing online?

1 hour ago, Suz8710 said:

What do these folks do all day now? With no show renewal confirmed and seemingly no speaking engagements...what fills their days?! I know they vaguely mention things like flipping cars & cleaning rental properties but it just seems so sporadic and inconsistent. I just can't imagine living this way. 

Also, looking forward to seeing Dillard Family Ministries tax information. When should that start appearing online?

For the girls, after rolling out at 1000, showers, hair and makeup. Endless coffee and chit chat. On a good day, a field trip to WallyWorld.

For the boys, running and grubbing.

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

For the girls, after rolling out at 1000, showers, hair and makeup. Endless coffee and chit chat. On a good day, a field trip to WallyWorld.

For the boys, running and grubbing.

God what a nightmare. That would get old in a heartbeat. 

I'd be curious if any suffered from depression (among other ailments). It just seems like they have nothing to look forward to -the non married Duggars. It's been quite a while since there's been any courtship and not at all like them to not have announced one by now if there was something substantial. Education, career moves, a relationship, owning a home, etc....the single Duggars having nothing going on (minus JD, but I consider him more a dabbler than a trade/career guy).  Was hoping one would wake up and do something. 

As much as I can't stomach most of that family, if & when Jana enters a courtship I'll be all over that. I wonder about whom she would marry, considering the slim fundie pickings at her "advanced age" *insert eyeroll* and her need for a guy who does not work in an office, lol.

If the show was any indication, the girls would go bang on a piano as a way to pass the time. Fun times. *eye roll*

• Destiny locked and unpinned this topic

Archived