IGNORED

Counting On- Part 10: Counting out in Central America!

samurai_sarah

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 1:46 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

I am more and more convinced that Sierra is starting to realize that she married the first dude who paid attention to her, got embroiled in a cult, and now has five children she can't handle, and she's coping by going even further into the Jesus deep end.

Sounds a lot like DQ

34 minutes ago, mstee said:

Referring to a post a page ago- Grandma Mary moved in with Deanna? Do we know any details?

No, it's all speculation. But Deanna is alone & it just makes good sense.

32 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Why can't GMM live alone, if she so desires?

We know she owns at least 1 home.

Well she can't live there because Binessa and Spurge live there are playing house there.

Grandma might actually enjoy living with Deanna and I can see Deanna being happy to have her mother's comfort while she goes through a divorce and her only child moving out. 

33 minutes ago, socalrules said:

Grandma might actually enjoy living with Deanna and I can see Deanna being happy to have her mother's comfort while she goes through a divorce and her only child moving out. 

I know given the choice of being unpaid launderess and on call babysitter, vs living with an adult daughter in peace and quiet, which choice I would make.

3 hours ago, Mela99 said:

I so hope she moved out. She deserves more than to be her son's housemaid. 

I said it about how JB treated his dad: Honor thy father and mother, my ass.

I can only hope that Jana decides that the best form of elder care for dear old mom and dad is to make them scullery maids for Jill. What goes around comes around.

My guess is that they arent renewed until fall.  TLC will wait us out and see if they can convince advertisers to come back, promising that the public doesnt have a very long attention span.

Dear TLC,

Freejinger has been around in one form or another for more than a decade. We'll still be here.

-Buzzard

We didn't see much of GMM during Counting On. She is 74 & might be prone to falling. There's a lot of hazards in the Duggar compound. She's probably safer at her age at Deanna's house.

On June 3, 2016 at 10:39 PM, OrchidBlossom said:

This is abusive behavior. Gaslighting/denying the other person's feelings, pretending to leave the person without notice so that they begin to doubt their behavior and are willing to cede more ground when you (inevitably) return, dismissing the argument (And by so doing, dismissing the other person's reasons for starting an argument), and otherwise distracting the person from continuing the discussion or making them feel like they are at fault for being upset is abusive behavior. It's a control tactic. If someone challenges you and steps out of line and you know they have a point, you either make it about why they are hurting you/hurting the relationship by being upset or you avoid the argument altogether by manipulating them into feeling compelled to drop it. 

But he doesn't have to listen to her feelings or her needs. He just has to ditch and come back when she is most vulnerable. Lather, rinse, repeat until she stops arguing because she knows what will happen and she knows how terrible it will make her feel (but she blames herself). 

@OrchidBlossom Your post made me tear up a little. You just described my honeymoon. My ex wasn't even fundie--just royally effed up. Unfortunately it took me almost two more years to leave him, but at least I did leave. Fundie women like Sierra and Anna probably never will. That makes me profoundly sad. 

3 minutes ago, Lillymuffin said:

@OrchidBlossom Your post made me tear up a little. You just described my honeymoon. My ex wasn't even fundie--just royally effed up. Unfortunately it took me almost two more years to leave him, but at least I did leave. Fundie women like Sierra and Anna probably never will. That makes me profoundly sad. 

I am so sorry to hear that, but so glad to hear you had the courage and the ability to leave.

2 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

We didn't see much of GMM during Counting On. She is 74 & might be prone to falling. There's a lot of hazards in the Duggar compound. She's probably safer at her age at Deanna's house.

4 is that old any more! Ben and Jessa are living in one of her rentals. I think she signed "off' on the whole Joshie debacle. I feel she may have not known any of it and finding out  was not fun.

And, if, God Help Us, it is true that Amy is doing a show, then maybe she's giving equal time to that mess? Money talks.

Deanna's house has peace, quiet and television. Enough said.

38 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

4 is that old any more! Ben and Jessa are living in one of her rentals. I think she signed "off' on the whole Joshie debacle. I feel she may have not known any of it and finding out  was not fun.

And, if, God Help Us, it is true that Amy is doing a show, then maybe she's giving equal time to that mess? Money talks.

Deanna's house has peace, quiet and television. Enough said.

Does Deanna drink?  The possibility of booze would be enough to get me to move out!

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Does Deanna drink?  The possibility of booze would be enough to get me to move out!

No whining little kids, childcare duties, massive amounts of laundry AND BOOZE-hands down which location I'd choose.

Is anyone here a fan or was a fan of the sitcom Parks and Recreation? I don't know much about it but when I looked through who the official Duggar twitter account follows, I was suprised to see a parks and rec fanpage amongst the fundies, politicians and Duck Dynasty cast. Im guessing it's not a show we would expect them to watch. The Duggar Studios twitter account is following the park and rec fanpage as well.

Anyway back on topic, I am glad it looks like Grandma has moved out of the laundry room. My gran is the same age as her and she loves her grandkids but she is also thankful to see them leave at the end of the day so she can relax in peace and quiet and fall asleep halfway through a crossword.

Thanks for bringing it up, @Larry. I just checked their account and I was surprised at some things I saw. Barack Obama is one of the accounts they follow. Democratic Governors? The Democrats? John Kerry? They follow a lot of Democrat-affiliated accounts, like Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi. I wonder if they follow these people so they can mock their words or want to be on the up-and-up on politicians. Strange.

On the other hand, gotta love the dude with the last name of Loudermilk. 

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

No whining little kids, childcare duties, massive amounts of laundry AND BOOZE-hands down which location I'd choose.

Not to mention no man-child of a son and daughter in law constantly making "hey, hey, hey" upstairs in the love grotto. I feel for the kids who got the love grotto for their jurisdiction. Changing the sheets and keeping the supply of lube topped off must be a special treat. 

7 hours ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

Not to mention no man-child of a son and daughter in law constantly making "hey, hey, hey" upstairs in the love grotto. I feel for the kids who got the love grotto for their jurisdiction. Changing the sheets and keeping the supply of lube topped off must be a special treat. 

Especially when JB leaves his dirty underwear on the floor for Josie to pick up. OP said it was just a story line for the cameras, but who would do that? I can't imagine having one of my kids pick up my dirty clothes because I was too lazy to put them in the hamper. Duggars *shudder*. :brainbleach:

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 2:44 PM, ophelia said:

I wonder how they produced new blessings while all sleeping in the same room with children of different ages.

and we wonder why Josh was curious and molested his sisters. Duh! He chose to do a very bad thing and that is his fault and only his fault, but I still think he was exposed to far more than he should have as a young child.

On June 4, 2016 at 2:44 PM, ophelia said:

I wonder how they produced new blessings while all sleeping in the same room with children of different ages.

Do we know that they all lived in one room at some point?  thought they had a small house which would have been fine for the first four or five kids.  

On 6/12/2016 at 2:41 PM, TheDuggarnaut said:

On 6/4/2016 at 0:44 PM, ophelia said:

and we wonder why Josh was curious and molested his sisters. Duh! He chose to do a very bad thing and that is his fault and only his fault, but I still think he was exposed to far more than he should have as a young child.

he is still beyond disgusting - 

• Destiny locked and unpinned this topic

Archived