IGNORED

Nathan (WAS) Courting Ashley (pt. 2)

SpoonfulOSugar

Do we know how long the timeline was with Zack between the announcement of his courtship and the break up?

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm confused about this storyline.  I didn't see the live chat so I can't comment.  However UP is making it look like they did breakup but again why would he go with just her family for Memorial Day?  The Bates Fam instagram also posted a picture of the two last week to promote the I Love You Day episode 

1 minute ago, Nashville92 said:

I'm confused about this storyline.  I didn't see the live chat so I can't comment.  However UP is making it look like they did breakup but again why would he go with just her family for Memorial Day?  The Bates Fam instagram also posted a picture of the two last week to promote the I Love You Day episode 

Maybe they've gone back to just dating or something like that? Maybe waiting until they are older.

Oh and the live chat is still up on the BuB Facebook account.

38 minutes ago, MorningMist said:

In the live chat tonight they were asked who they thought would be the next to get married and they said Tori or Lawson...Take from that what you will

Who's Lawson going to marry now that JinJer is happening?

22 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

Do we know how long the timeline was with Zack between the announcement of his courtship and the break up?

Checking the blog archive, here's the timeline of the Zach/Sarah courtship:

• June 25, 2011 - announcing the courtship
  • July 1, 2011 - pictures of the asking of the courtship (aka the pictures of sweaty Zach)
  • July 23, 2011 - more pictures of Zach and Sarah from when Zach went with Alyssa and Trace to ask her to court
  • October 6, 2011 - Zach goes on tour with the Reiths
  • October 11, 2011 - more pictures of the tour
  • October 21, 2011 - Bates and Reiths perform at the Museum of Appalachia
  • July 12, 2012 - final blog announcing the breakup, where it's said that Sarah ended it several months in and that they didn't post anything about it in order to give them time to heal

I've always gotten the impression Nathan wasn't ready for marriage and children and she was.  Maybe that along with their personality differences is what caused a wedge?  I would volunteer to wife Lawson but I'm 3 years older and a working woman :lol:

8 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

I've always gotten the impression Nathan wasn't ready for marriage and children and she was.  Maybe that along with their personality differences is what caused a wedge?  I would volunteer to wife Lawson but I'm 3 years older and a working woman :lol:

Do you *gasp* wear pants?

40 minutes ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

Joy? She was eyeing him when they sang blue xmas

45 minutes ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

Do you *gasp* wear pants?

Yep and jeans! I plan on wearing the extremely evil shorts to the creek, probably a low cut loose top.  It'll be 95+ with humidity.  Wonder if he'd cut me some slack?

Speaking on the courtship, this is what frustrates me about the fundies.  If these kids could get any alone time they might could work things out or decide to end it sooner.  

14 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

Speaking on the courtship, this is what frustrates me about the fundies.  If these kids could get any alone time they might could work things out or decide to end it sooner.  

I'll give the Bateseseses one thing, they prefer longer courtships. If this was a Duggar, they'd be hitched before they had realised that they needed to work anything out!

3 hours ago, Arix said:

Joy? She was eyeing him when they sang blue xmas

I really hope that Lawson doesn't marry Joy if  he actually loves/loved Jinger. It'd be terribly sad for both,but specially for Joy. 

But I think Joy could be happy in Tennessee, specially if she is allowed to do sports and not forced to have a million kids (one can hope). Joy needs to be far from Sierra the sooner the better.

5 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I really hope that Lawson doesn't marry Joy if  he actually loves/loved Jinger. It'd be terribly sad for both,but specially for Joy. 

But I think Joy could be happy in Tennessee, specially if she is allowed to do sports and not forced to have a million kids (one can hope). Joy needs to be far from Sierra the sooner the better.

I think that if Joy was going to pick a Bates boy she'd pick Trace (and that's not because they are similar in age). He's just very boyish. She seems to like that.

Here is my take on the whole Lawson/Jinger thing. I think Lawson really liked her, but wasn't ready to marry yet. We know the Duggars tend to have a much shorter timeline for courtship than the Bates's have. I think Jinger wanted out of the house, especially since Jessa is now seen as a grown woman, so she turned her attention  to a man who will get her out of the house.

@sunshine and @OrchidBlossom, they still last last week's preview on the website.  It was the last few seconds of this week's episode.  Hopefully they will start promo-ing soon.  The sound bite of Nate when he was talking to his parents said that they would still be friends but wouldn't be advancing their relationship and that they still cared for each other.  Maybe that's why they still have been seen together.  

As I wrote on the Bates thread, I think N and A are going to slow their relationship down. I think they have such strong feelings for each other that they can't handle a clean break. But I think this is the beginning of the end for these two. And hearts will be broken. They may not be mature enough to be fully in love but their puppy love is very strong. And I remember how strongly I felt for my first boyfriend. Like my heart was completely broken. Their courtship didn't protect them from any hurt or pain. If anything, it made it much more intense.

Just proves the rule:  YOU CANNOT GET AWAY FROM HEART PIECES.  Heartbreak is a part of growing up.  Duh, idiots.  

If Lawson was truly into Jinger and she dissed him, then I feel bad for him.  I would have thought it was the other way around.  

13 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

Just proves the rule:  YOU CANNOT GET AWAY FROM HEART PIECES.  Heartbreak is a part of growing up.  Duh, idiots.  

If Lawson was truly into Jinger and she dissed him, then I feel bad for him.  I would have thought it was the other way around.  

It's obvious they know it won't protect their heart as long as their genitals are protected. That's all that matters anyway.

39 minutes ago, JMO said:

@sunshine and @OrchidBlossom, they still last last week's preview on the website.  It was the last few seconds of this week's episode.  Hopefully they will start promo-ing soon.  The sound bite of Nate when he was talking to his parents said that they would still be friends but wouldn't be advancing their relationship and that they still cared for each other.  Maybe that's why they still have been seen together.  

The thing is if they continued their friendship after breaking up wouldn't that be taking away from their future marriages to other people?  I don't think males and females can be any more than just superficial friends in their world.  I have to admit that both Gil and Kelly looked very concerned as he was talking to them.  All the hugs and hand-holding and the 'I love yous' which they exchanged shows how invested they are/were.  Shouldn't they have figured this stuff out in the year they took to get to know one another before starting a courtship.  This will be an interesting development if they really did break up which I'm not convinced of yet.

36 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

Lawson can come off as a big of a self-absorbed guy, it could be that Jinger just couldn't stand him and I'm not in the camp that Jim Bob is going to force his daughters into marriages. I think he really does let them decide who they want to court. 

The Duggars have one failed courtship, the Bates of one and it looks like they might have two. They should all just give up on trying to pretend this is about protecting their children's "hearts". No this is about parents controlling children who are adults. 

I think MOST 20 something year old guys come off as self absorbed, but I agree that LB is a little much.  I also think, for these kids, they don't get all excited about one another as compared to "fundie strange."  I truly, truly hope for the best for all these kids, though.  I hope they all find happiness.  

So, I guess that last post on Thebatefam with Ashley & Nathan could be a send off. Oh well....

This why you don't do over the top courtships.

12 hours ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

Checking the blog archive, here's the timeline of the Zach/Sarah courtship:

• June 25, 2011 - announcing the courtship
  • July 1, 2011 - pictures of the asking of the courtship (aka the pictures of sweaty Zach)
  • July 23, 2011 - more pictures of Zach and Sarah from when Zach went with Alyssa and Trace to ask her to court
  • October 6, 2011 - Zach goes on tour with the Reiths
  • October 11, 2011 - more pictures of the tour
  • October 21, 2011 - Bates and Reiths perform at the Museum of Appalachia
  • July 12, 2012 - final blog announcing the breakup, where it's said that Sarah ended it several months in and that they didn't post anything about it in order to give them time to heal

The last mention was in a comment on a Christmas post in 2011. Someone asked if the courting couple would spend Christmas together, and the answer was "they got together earlier to exchange gifts". I'm guessing the break-up happened around late November/early December. Her birthday is in November, and there were photos of it on the Reith blog(that have since been removed). So, probably in between that.

17 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Lawson can come off as a big of a self-absorbed guy, it could be that Jinger just couldn't stand him and I'm not in the camp that Jim Bob is going to force his daughters into marriages. I think he really does let them decide who they want to court. 

The Duggars have one failed courtship, the Bates of one and it looks like they might have two. They should all just give up on trying to pretend this is about protecting their children's "hearts". No this is about parents controlling children who are adults. 

Two failed courtships. The Duggars have two. Let's not forget about Josh and the Holt girl even if it happened pre-show

I totally forgot about that Holt girl! Still shocked by how young they were when that courtship happened. She dodged a bullet.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived