IGNORED

Counting On - Part 9: Even the Flashbacks Have Flashbacks

choralcrusader8613

6 hours ago, MorningMist said:

Just imagine a Duggar themed party... only light swaying to some fiddle playing allowed.

We know the food would suck!

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, nst said:

and remember this was filmed i think  in March - and December Joy had already been to see Jill with the rest of the "family" for their xmas adventure to scaryCA SOS 

so that was three months

When you got absolutely nothing to do with your days, three months seems like a very long time

1 hour ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

We know the food would suck!

And there works be only two pans of tater tot casserole to feed 100 people! 

On 5/4/2016 at 3:30 PM, C.DarwinDuggar said:

Two things. 

1. Wouldn't TlC need permission/pay for filming i.e conducting business in c.a and hence that's why we get c.a instead of elSalvador/Gatemala (why would they want to invest in production when their actors can't act?).

So instead of paying the country TLC makes Jill make home videos. 

2. I know they are snowflakes, but do they really think they can convert c. Americans? The Catholic church wasn't able to to remove all of their believes (even though they used force) but somehow the dullards are going to convert them to gothard and the c.Americas are going to magically forsake catholic + indigenous traditions/believes. 

Re no 1, I can't believe nobody else thought of that here! Good job.

Re no 2, right again.

On 5/4/2016 at 3:41 PM, anotherone said:

PecanThief, your avatar and my avatar should get together. Maybe they're laughing at the same joke or something.

pecan.png

Or something!

2 hours ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

Regarding Derrick's Sasquatch look, I know the atrocious beards are currently popular for Major League Baseball players. My guy friends laugh at me every time I walk through the living room and have a fit. I sure miss the days when baseball players were the best looking athletes! Derrick could think he's coolly following a trend, or maybe he just loathes shaving.

3 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

I've never gotten the feeling that the girls rejected Anna in any way, far from it. As for Jinger, I think that shows a little crack in the veneer that is this way of life.

I don't think it was a rejection, exactly, just that it took a long time for them to warn up to her for various reasons. If nothing else, Anna was essentially the kid who transferred in her junior year...everyone already has their friends and histories she knew nothing about and it took a while to earn her way in. 

I still maintain that Jinger's disdain in that scene was all for Anna. It's one thing to grow up and be known for the ridiculous J names...it's stupid, but that's her family and part of the family quirkiness that got them that house. But for the "new girl" to actually think that naming convention is so awesome that she plans to do that with her all her children? Yeah, I can imagine all the Duggar kids rolling their eyes at that one. 

16 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I don't think it was a rejection, exactly, just that it took a long time for them to warn up to her for various reasons. If nothing else, Anna was essentially the kid who transferred in her junior year...everyone already has their friends and histories she knew nothing about and it took a while to earn her way in. 

I still maintain that Jinger's disdain in that scene was all for Anna. It's one thing to grow up and be known for the ridiculous J names...it's stupid, but that's her family and part of the family quirkiness that got them that house. But for the "new girl" to actually think that naming convention is so awesome that she plans to do that with her all her children? Yeah, I can imagine all the Duggar kids rolling their eyes at that one. 

I think Jinger commented about her sisters' pregnancies being different because she had grown up with them and marriage and motherhood changed all of their relationships from that of sisters-first to sister-aunts without any period of separation such as going off to college etc. Whereas Anna entered the family as their brother's soon-to-be wife and never really lived with them (trips and visits aside) until the Josh mess happened. I think it's a big of cognitive dissonance happening for Jinger et al to deal with that change of relationships and priorities in sisters they spent SO much time around as a group of 4-5 for so many years. 

Does anyone have the link to the duggar family offical site where Jana asked for feedback on the last episode? 

7 minutes ago, calimojo said:

Does anyone have the link to the duggar family offical site where Jana asked for feedback on the last episode? 

Looks like this link is for last week's episode and was put up the day after it aired. So a new page should appear soon, but doesn't seem to be live yet. If they were just in Tennessee for Carlin and Trace's grad party, it might be delayed.

https://www.duggarfamily.com/michelles-blog?ID=612a0613-038f-4a77-bd40-f65ad4098ecf

Hi, long time lurker, first post. I want to thank you all for the many laughs you've given me. More than once I woke my husband up because the bed was shaking I was laughing so hard.

I admit to feeling sympathy for the Duggar kidults during the three part special in December. That was raw and real. This season-of-crap they just showed was pointless, unless it was to say "That stuff with Josh sucked, but we're back on tv now (neener neener!), so all is good again."

As we come up on the one year anniversary of Joshgate1, my feelings have changed a bit on seeing Josh on the show. It's like there's a big elephant in the room that is only being addresses by talk of trusting God and forgiveness. Ok, that's their choice. Since they want to be on tv so bad ( despite telling Megyn Kelley they didn't care), to the point of begging their fans to contact TLC, then let's see a real application of their principles in how they handle Josh's homecoming and integrating him back into their lives.

I know, realistically, that they would never be that honest and transparent, but I'm so disgusted with them and with TLC, I want to say get real or get off the pot, err, tv.

5 hours ago, lascuba said:

He surpasses Ben AND Jim Bob in the self-importance category, for sure.

As for Anna, I think a big part of the reason the girls didn't seem to get along much with her in the beginning was because she was such an obvious Duggar and quiverfull fangirl. No doubt that the Duggar girl are all true believers but I think they have a bit of perspective, and it's probably hard to be friends and open up to people who see you as famous first and not just people. I'll never forget Jinger's look of disgust when Anna said, "We haven't picked our letter yet!" about naming her future spawn.

What episode was it Anna said that? I must have missed it in all the boring. 

6 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

Derrick seems to be his own type of crazy.  I don't mean his hair and beard but the whole idea of going to "minister" in a country where you don't really speak the language but your main ministry is to preach?? That is delusional at best.

Since he's obviously trying to look like one of the old Church fathers, maybe he's hoping that he'll be able to kick off something like the miracle of Pentacost, and they'll all be bestowed with the gift of tongues and will be able to miraculously understand each other's language.

42 minutes ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

Hi, long time lurker, first post. I want to thank you all for the many laughs you've given me. More than once I woke my husband up because the bed was shaking I was laughing so hard.

I admit to feeling sympathy for the Duggar kidults during the three part special in December. That was raw and real. This season-of-crap they just showed was pointless, unless it was to say "That stuff with Josh sucked, but we're back on tv now (neener neener!), so all is good again."

As we come up on the one year anniversary of Joshgate1, my feelings have changed a bit on seeing Josh on the show. It's like there's a big elephant in the room that is only being addresses by talk of trusting God and forgiveness. Ok, that's their choice. Since they want to be on tv so bad ( despite telling Megyn Kelley they didn't care), to the point of begging their fans to contact TLC, then let's see a real application of their principles in how they handle Josh's homecoming and integrating him back into their lives.

I know, realistically, that they would never be that honest and transparent, but I'm so disgusted with them and with TLC, I want to say get real or get off the pot, err, tv.

Welcome ! 

I have to agree about the three part special being raw and real - and who can forget Jessa and her silent bathroom scene - riveting television 

As for Josh - he maybe the elephant in the room - but bring him in and the show will be a bad Maury Povich show 

Catching up...  I have to say that this Wonkette quote  is one of the funniest things I have read in a long time.  I keep cracking up when I think of it . . . Goldfish?  

Are these people goldfish? Do they lack object permanence and literally forget who they are and what they’ve done from one minute to the next? That can be the only explanation for their constant excitement and amazement at reliving their own very recent (and very dull) history.

Read more at http://wonkette.com/601394/jill-and-jessa-counting-on-finale-our-long-national-nightmare-is-over-at-last#ReGmVFZEorpkSgki.99

I respectfully suggest "Lacking Object Permanence" as a new post count.   It really captures something about the ever-fertile Duggars.

1 hour ago, metheglyn said:

I think Jinger commented about her sisters' pregnancies being different because she had grown up with them and marriage and motherhood changed all of their relationships from that of sisters-first to sister-aunts without any period of separation such as going off to college etc. Whereas Anna entered the family as their brother's soon-to-be wife and never really lived with them (trips and visits aside) until the Josh mess happened. I think it's a big of cognitive dissonance happening for Jinger et al to deal with that change of relationships and priorities in sisters they spent SO much time around as a group of 4-5 for so many years. 

this is brilliant because myself have no siblings and had no idea could imagine things like that happened 

49 minutes ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

Welcome!

And I love your user name, LOL!

duggarnaut.jpg

I totally get them being more excited about their sister's babies than their brother's. I have two cousins, brother and sister, and our families lived together until I was about 5. My lady cousin had a baby. I love this baby. I babysit this baby. When people post stupid pictures of their baby on Facebook, this is the only baby I care about. My man cousin is now having a baby, and the reaction is more like "oh that's cool", because I'm not a huge fan of his wife. If you're closer to the person gestating the child, you will be closer to it, and chances are, you'll be more involved with its life. However, I wonder if Anna and the M kids living with the Duggars and becoming a part of the buddy system has strengthened their relationships. Didn't one of the M kids say they were thankful for one of their J kid buddies at the "fall feast"?

8 minutes ago, DaysAgo said:

The Duggars' attempt to marry off their daughters vis-a-vis a "retreat" has been stopped. This "retreat" was deemed to be an act of human trafficking. Thank you to the Salvation Army who took people's concerns very seriously!

It looks like someone made the leap that the Duggars were "making an attempt" to do this. This retreat is being discussed in another thread here, and there is nothing to substantiate the Duggars were planning on attending or even knew about this.

That being said, I'm glad this was canceled, because I do believe it's dodgy to marry off your daughters in this way, sight-unseen.

30 minutes ago, nst said:

Welcome ! 

I have to agree about the three part special being raw and real - and who can forget Jessa and her silent bathroom scene - riveting television 

As for Josh - he maybe the elephant in the room - but bring him in and the show will be a bad Maury Povich show 

Thank you @nst

Haha Maury would be a big improvement over this season! The Duggars are too repressed to bring that much drama, anyway.

But it might be fun to see them do an episode of Family Feud", or JB could hook one of them up with a foreign fundie so they could do "90 Day Fiancé ".

Better yet, marry one off to a fundie little person - guaranteed spin off!

Jim Bob needs to start thinking outside the box for TV revenue.

9 minutes ago, DaysAgo said:

The Duggars' attempt to marry off their daughters vis-a-vis a "retreat" has been stopped. This "retreat" was deemed to be an act of human trafficking. Thank you to the Salvation Army who took people's concerns very seriously!

It doesn't seem like the Duggars were affiliated with it. I think the article only referenced them as an easy way to explain QF. Glad the matchmaking event's been banned from the camp, but I'm sure the event will pop up again somewhere (probably way more under the radar).

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 1:46 PM, ChickenettiLuvr said:

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 3:20 PM, punkiepie said:

I know these thoughts of mine are super late to the conversation; my apologies!  

Besides the boringness of the episode, the main thing that stuck out to me was a compare/contrast of Jill/Derrick to Jessa/Bin.  Jill and Derrick may be incredibly boring, but it's clear to anyone watching that they are still very much in love and have a happy marriage.  They way Derrick spoke of Jill and their courtship, marriage, and parenthood- it was clear that he loved her and loved their life together; and the same with Jill.  Now compare that to Bin in last week's retrospective of their relationship, and the difference between the two couples is glaringly obvious.  Bin now looks like he wants to get the hell out of dodge and Jessa appears over-emotive and slightly clingy.  I felt sad for Jessa last night, and she's not someone I usually feel that way about...  Usually Jill is the one crying, not Jessa, and Jill seemed as happy as she could be and Jessa, well, she didn't look that way at all.  

I noticed this too punkie.  The chemistry between Derrick and Jill seems so natural and genuine.  I know this is not a popular opinion on this board, but I find Derrick and Jill a lot more compelling to watch.  They may not be compelling enough to sustain an entire show, but they're not as dry.  Counting On might have been a little less boring if the Dillards had been the focus and not the Seewalds.   

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Curious unpinned this topic

Archived