IGNORED

Counting On - Part 9: Even the Flashbacks Have Flashbacks

choralcrusader8613

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I also see a lot of Josie in Baby Jill -- longer face, more pointy/angular features, that very specific mouth shape that's totally Michelle. I do find it interesting which kids ended up favoring which parent. I think Jill, Josh, Johannah, Josie, and Jennifer look the most like Michelle, and then Jana, Jessa, and most of the boys look more like JB.

I disagree. I think the long face come from JB. To me the ones that look most like him are Jill, Joe, and Justin. I think Josie has JB's nose and head shape but otherwise she's all Michelle. I think her, Jackson and Jessa look most like Michele. The rest are all kind of a tossup. Though I will say Jed and Jason are basically identica (Jed's on the left)l:

216999_412052285560253_1185824145_n.jpg

56 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Try comparing Spurgeon to James Duggar.  

Boop:

11057241_771147806317364_3476147682591183078_n.jpg

This is the youngest non newborn photo of James I found. I'd say very similar. Except the eyes. James has very um... wide set eyes. Other than that though very much alike.

I am really interested to see how Spurgeon ages. now.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

I disagree. I think the long face come from JB. To me the ones that look most like him are Jill, Joe, and Justin. I think Josie has JB's nose and head shape but otherwise she's all Michelle. I think her, Jackson and Jessa look most like Michele. The rest are all kind of a tossup. Though I will say Jed and Jason are basically identica (Jed's on the left)l:

Boop:

11057241_771147806317364_3476147682591183078_n.jpg

This is the youngest non newborn photo of James I found. I'd say very similar. Except the eyes. James has very um... wide set eyes. Other than that though very much alike.

I am really interested to see how Spurgeon ages. now.

Jason looks like a blonde Jinger in that photo above.  I agree with the earlier poster who said that the genetic variations of large families are really interesting.  That is one of the things that intrigued me about the Duggars as well.  At first, I thought they all looked really different from each other, but having become more familiar with their faces, I can see more of the resemblances - especially in their baby pictures.

You think Jana looks like JB??If you can find that picture of Michelle leaning in the grass as a teen, you'll see Jana's face. Michelle was pretty like her daughters as a teen.

Odd thing going on,  on FB. Somebody is going on about the Duggars; having meetings w/other fathers to trade off each others' daughters by 13. I think they got them mixed up w/the FLDS. All cults are nuts but let's keep the facts straight.

I don't think James looks like any of his siblings. He looks like Amy. 

Regarding that marry them young event,  I do wantvto remind everyone that at the young age of 14 josh was betrothed to that Holt girl. This makes me think the the Duggars at least entertained the idea of young betrothal and engagement.  Probably as they started to pursue public life via the show Jimbob had insight into how that would not play well to the general public and of course with Josh's issues it was best to leave it be

In that photo of SES posted ^- I think he looks just like Ben- same pug nose. Same blank stare. Slap some glasses on that baby and he's Bin's twin.

I also think Jinger and JD most favor Michelle's family.

I always thought JGM was the cutest darn thing, but she does strongly favor JB- hope she grows out of that.

And poor Hannie is a Josh clone-

54 minutes ago, calimojo said:

Regarding that marry them young event,  I do wantvto remind everyone that at the young age of 14 josh was betrothed to that Holt girl. This makes me think the the Duggars at least entertained the idea of young betrothal and engagement.  Probably as they started to pursue public life via the show Jimbob had insight into how that would not play well to the general public and of course with Josh's issues it was best to leave it be

Would you mind pointing to evidence that Josh was engaged at 14? I was unaware of this.

1 minute ago, gustava said:

Couldn't find it.  Please quote.

Including the quote, as well as a screenshot under a spoiler because of image size:

The boy was sent to one of the training centers to be punished??? My friends did not return to the home church for quite sometime after this. At this same time, the boy mentioned earlier was betrothed to a girl in the the group, both were 14 at the time. The betrothal was broken by the boys actions.

Spoiler

Screenshot 2016-05-06 20.45.20.png

2 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

You think Jana looks like JB??If you can find that picture of Michelle leaning in the grass as a teen, you'll see Jana's face. Michelle was pretty like her daughters as a teen.

Odd thing going on,  on FB. Somebody is going on about the Duggars; having meetings w/other fathers to trade off each others' daughters by 13. I think they got them mixed up w/the FLDS. All cults are nuts but let's keep the facts straight.

I think it is because of articles like this: Duggar -Linked Ministry Building a Retreat to "Get Them Married" which we are discussing in another forum and was mentioned above.

The original article was  Raw Story and the author was Vickie Garrison who is a former quiverful of some note, I believe.   Anyway, the retreat has had to be cancelled because the campgrounds are owned by the Salvation Army and they said the "Let them Marry" group could not have the retreat on their campground.

The Let Them Marry webpage now has a disclaimer

Note: Contrary to vicious internet rumors we do not support or in any way condone child sexual activity of any sort, child marriage, or any other illegal activity. Nor do we support or condone forced marriages. We believe that parents should NOT seek a spouse for a child where that child has not actively sought for the parents to do so.

However, the accusation begins with quotes from Vaughn Ohlman who is identified as a Quiverful Patriarch and (perhaps less accurately?) as the "founder of the movement to which the Duggars belong." (Whether they are Quiverful first or Gothardites first would my question. )

Anyway, the guy has all these Biblical quotes about the best age for "youth" to marry and he says roughly after 13 but before 20 is best for girls, but it depends on how developed the girl is, etc. 

But to be fair, there is NO indication that Jim Bob is involved in this lunatic fringe of an already sufficiently lunatic fringe.  Whatever ideological connection there is among these people, they don't all agree about things like this.  And all else aside, JB would probably not want  his family to participate in the Fundie version of Speed Dating... At least, not if TLC wan't filming.

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

In that photo of SES posted ^- I think he looks just like Ben- same pug nose. Same blank stare. Slap some glasses on that baby and he's Bin's twin.

I also think Jinger and JD most favor Michelle's family.

I always thought JGM was the cutest darn thing, but she does strongly favor JB- hope she grows out of that.

And poor Hannie is a Josh clone-

great now I am seeing Ben in that photo of Spurgeon 

can someone put glasses and a hat on Spurgeon

Jinger to me looks nothing like Jessa

and yes I think Hannie is a total Josh clone

My son looks exactly like my husband and my daughter looks just like me. The twist...my husband is 1/2 Mexican and I have blonde hair, blue eyes and a fair complexion.  My son is blue eyed and fair, my daughter has beautiful dark skin, hair and eyes. Genetics are fascinating.

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Would you mind pointing to evidence that Josh was engaged at 14? I was unaware of this.

A couple of years ago, pre-Joshgate, Amy confirmed that Josh had been in an engagement before Anna, perhaps on Twitter or some other social media platform. Perhaps someone else can get the exact context and reference.

15 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

A couple of years ago, pre-Joshgate, Amy confirmed that Josh had been in an engagement before Anna, perhaps on Twitter or some other social media platform. Perhaps someone else can get the exact context and reference.

does star magazine count ?

I think Jessa looks a lot like Michelle in M's wedding photos.   Josh looks like Michelle to me, too. Spurge is starting to resemble Ben more,  except Spurgie is a smiley, chuckly little fella, whereas Ben seems to have lost his smile. 

Genetics is indeed a scary business ! I came across an old photo of my grandfather recently. He died well before I was born, but wow, he and my son could be twins! Very wierd to see my son's face staring out at me from a really old black and white formal portrait! 

1 minute ago, Tiny Bubbles said:

I think Jessa looks a lot like Michelle in M's wedding photos.   Josh looks like Michelle to me, too. Spurge is starting to resemble Ben more,  except Spurgie is a smiley, chuckly little fella, whereas Ben seems to have lost his smile. 

omg yes Ben has lost his spunk and his smile.

watching the episode where they all participated in the etiquette dinner - you see the difference where before he was trying to be charming and sweet with Jessa

now he is just sad and gloomy and so sad all the time

I think it boils down to he finally got her, got the sex and isn't what he thought and it's settling for him

I find all the genetic variations really fascinating too. But I totally see Michelle strongly in Jordyn, and while Jason does look like Amy, I see Jessa in him too (the eyes and mouth).

Just now, Cleopatra7 said:

@gustava Here's a link about Josh's previous engagement:

http://starmagazine.com/2015/06/03/josh-duggar-was-betrothed-to-marry-before-anna-arkansas-politician-father-covers-up-the-story/

(Hat tip to @nst)

Granted, it's a tabloid, but it's not like the "respectable media" cares enough about Josh Duggar to research this kind of information.

I still can't believe none of the entertainment news shows have picked it up 

52 minutes ago, Tiny Bubbles said:

Genetics is indeed a scary business ! I came across an old photo of my grandfather recently. He died well before I was born, but wow, he and my son could be twins! Very wierd to see my son's face staring out at me from a really old black and white formal portrait! 

Love this!   I found a pic of my grandfather, my dad's dad.  My son is the exact twin of his great grandfather - who would have thunk it?  Even my son was startled when he saw it.

3 minutes ago, nst said:

I still can't believe none of the entertainment news shows have picked it up 

There is an. FJ thread

Josh courting before Anna

which includes the following from 2011

Alecto said: 

As a former political reporter at the Arkansas state capital, this is the story as I know it:

Josh and the oldest Holt daughter were courting, and something "inappropriate" happened. From what I have heard, it was likely something only the inane fundies would think inappropriate, like holding hands or being alone together in the same room. Either way, it got spun into "Josh touched some girl inappropriately."

This all happened about the same time JimBoob last ran for congress, and lost. Badly. The loss was blamed on God's punishment for Josh's actions, and Josh was sent off to some sort of ATI reform program.

The thread, by the way, has a message by (now inactive member P. Brooke that combines the two main "molestation rumor" accusations, (Alice's account and the one linked higher up on this thread about the mysterious ATI "young man" who touched a girl inappropriately, etc.). 

I have wondered if it would be appropriate for a wonderful helpmeet to take the relevant parts of that thread and turn it into an entry in the Joshley database at the start of this forum.  It would save our reinventing the wheel each time someone asks. In the meantime, the old thread is there.

I remember at the time of the "sin in the camp" thing, Josh was rumored to be romantically linked with a Holt girl. For the average young person of Josh's age that wouldn't mean much, but if it was true that he was involved with her, more commitment was probably demanded than just casual dating. They may not have been literally betrothed, but courtship in the Duggar world does hold certain expectations of being a road toward a permanent relationship. Of course, rumors are just rumors and he may not have been involved with her at all.

7 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Though I will say Jed and Jason are basically identica (Jed's on the left)l:

Lol I even managed to mess that up. Jason is on the left. Jed is on the right.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Curious unpinned this topic

Archived