IGNORED

Counting On - Part 6: Benye Wants to Give the Gospel to the "Inner City"

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you wise @Buzzard for recapping so much. :) You are a legend and superstar!

As I read, all I can say is to Anna: what the F*CK is wrong with you?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!!?

Lunchtime is nigh, Corruption is hungry.

3 minutes ago, Yaoichan12 said:

I don't understand why they can't hang out more? What do they do all day? Jessa isn't that far away 

What is S Elliot sitting in? He can't be big enough for a high chair yet 

it's a plot point 

it's a fake storyline 

I think some of my home videos taken while camping might be more interesting than what I saw tonight.  And I ate more cheesecake than one bite.  AND I knew what was on the menu....  AND none of my relatives had to do my pedicure.

Thanks for sharing your evening with me.  :)

4 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

So sad, so sheltered that ANY restaurant in Branson is "too fancy" with "big words" on the menu.  SOTDRT fail.

Tell me about it. That place seems slightly below par for a hotel restaurant...what 'fancy' restaurant doesn't use freaking tablecloths? 

2 minutes ago, RabbitKM said:

They're acting like the menu was in another language lol this is too funny

They should have defrosted some chickenetti in the room, or ordered their meals at a drive-thru window.

3 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

I think some of my home videos taken while camping might be more interesting than what I saw tonight.  And I ate more cheesecake than one bite.  AND I knew what was on the menu....  AND none of my relatives had to do my pedicure.

Thanks for sharing your evening with me.  :)

as close as they all claim to be - it doesn't come across

it seems they were not allowed to be with others except who was approved when they were young 

it was just ackward and not nice

next week's episode should be interesting :D

Counting on cancellation (part 5)

They arrive at the "ritzy" restaurant.  They all comment that its out of their comfort zone because they dont go to places like that. They dont know what the food is.  Jinger doesnt know what leeks are.

THey all negotiate about ordering things.  Joy is overwhelmed because they had "big words" for potato

They comment that its fun. Its so fancy, its special.  The older girls have never gone off by themselves. 

Anna - the next time we do this there will probably be 2 more married sisters and 4 baby carriers. 

Jessa - we should spend more time together.

Jana - we get together a lot but not just "us girls" having deep, meaninful time. We should get coffee together more often... not a weekend.

The food arrives.  They dont know what it is and eat without an on screen prayer.

Jinger - I didnt know what I was ordering but once it was there I knew what it was. I loved that meal.

They share pieces with eachother. 

Jessa -I'm not pregnant but feeding a kid makes me really hungry.  I consume a lot of food.

JInger jokes that Jessa wants everyones food

Jessa - Bin and I would love to welcome another child into our family but hopefully our next baby will be adopted.  We never know, god... 

Anna - before you know it you'll swap out your mini van for a 15 passenger van

Jessa - He wants 15 sons

Anna - in 18 years you'll have all girls hanging around

Waiter offers dessert... They get cheesecake.

Jana - as we look over the past few years and the changes that have come its good any chance that we have to take a sisters trip and do something like this, jump on the opportunity because you dont know the next time. 

Jessa - you never know when the next girl is going to go, fall in love, get married.  Gotta get in these girl trips

Joy - before another girl gets married I dont know if were going to go on another trip. 

Jinger - Its weird how all of us are growing up. its hard to get us together.  Its sad but also exciting because new exciting things are happening, looking forward to the future

They are surprised no one fell or wound up in the emergency room.

SEASON FINALE NEXT WEEK! Damnit, 2 hours... LET IT END! Looks like TLC followed them to the danger zone!

My favorite quote of the evening is Anna saying "scallopini is like fancy scalloped potatoes."  When you say it with confidence, no one will ever know you are making shit up!

49 minutes ago, EyeQueue said:

Inquiring minds want to know! (Since I have no way of watching this right now.

This would be a huge positive!

My daughter was once given two twin African-American baby dolls for Christmas by accident (the aunt who ordered them for her ordered caucasian). When she opened them, the aunt started profusely apologizing, but my daughter immediately scooped those babies up and carried them around with her for ages. Kids have zero issue with people who are different from them; that shit is learned.

The immediate thought in my mind was "training" for adopting a brown skinned heathen to bring them to white jebus

Just now, Buzzard said:

<snip>

The food arrives.  They dont know what it is and eat without an on screen prayer.

Jinger - I didnt know what I was ordering but once it was there I knew what it was. I loved that meal.

<snip>

Jesus H. Christ. No one can be this flipping ignorant!

If you don't know what an item is, you have a fucking smartphone with you. Look it up. Do they even give a rat's ass about how utterly ignorant they look/sound?

But, no: they're incredibly embarrassed about wearing puffed sleeves and Peter Pan collars, but not about how fucking stupid they sound when crap like this comes out of their mouths. This sort of playing dumb makes me furious.

It's not cute. STAHP!!!!!!!!!!!! :x

Just now, Buzzard said:

The immediate thought in my mind was "training" for adopting a brown skinned heathen to bring them to white jebus

Well, shit. That's much less positive, then. :pb_lol:

24 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

We're reminded of how old the single girls are by "dinging" numbers under their names.

This reminded me of a farm auction - I just cringed.  I would rather sling burgers for a living than have my face paraded/parodied on TLC as the next available cow/sow on the block.

39 minutes ago, Mothership said:

Nice job TLC setting up a pretend Duggar build.  I don't believe for a minute that the Duggar guys did that tree house without outside supervision and help and behind the scenes really doing the whole f***ing thing!

I'm guessing that is who "red hat" is.  He is NOT a duggar and wasnt introduced, so he's most likely skilled help.

Excuse me you ignorant ladies, I'm off to live my life in the land of the most highly educated and refined and go eat some of those fancy-schmancy "leeks" delicacy you speak of...

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

<snip>

Jessa - you never know when the next girl is going to go, fall in love, get married.  Gotta get in these girl trips

<snip>

Because, you know, you can never *ever* go on a girls trip once you're married. Um..sort of like they're doing right now. :roll:

Sounds like they're really reaching for manufactured "drama" to keep this show afloat.

2 minutes ago, RabbitKM said:

I wonder what the big word for potato was...?

Gnocchi maybe? 

Well, if it's bigger and more complicated than "flakes" or "Potato Buds," it's probably too difficult for the Duggar Brain Trust to figure out.

Interview:

The best part of being an uncle

Getting away with stuff

JD - yesterday I was leaving the  house to come here.  I got a bunch of stuff for christmas.  I had this bag of unhealthy stuff, I gave it to mac.  You wouldnt get away with it if I wasnt and uncle... 

The Duggars really shouldnt joke about giving candy to children and getting away with it.  Just saying, its squicky out of context.

3 minutes ago, EyeQueue said:

Because, you know, you can never *ever* go on a girls trip once you're married. Um..sort of like they're doing right now. :roll:

Sounds like they're really reaching for manufactured "drama" to keep this show afloat.

I swear I heard the same spiel on a early episode of KUWTK

3 minutes ago, nst said:

next week's episode should be interesting :D

I doubt it, but we can continue to hope...as I've been doing for the last nine years or so.

Just now, Dandruff said:

I doubt it, but we can continue to hope...as I've been doing for the last nine years or so.

well I meant drama wise of the two sisters meeting with their kids

sort of like a hallmark special 

Just now, nst said:

well I meant drama wise of the two sisters meeting with their kids

sort of like a hallmark special 

Or like one of those craptacular Lifetime Original Movies that I always switch the channel from whenever anyone else walks into the room because I don't want to be caught watching something so damned trite/sentimental/embarrassing. :pb_lol:

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • SpoonfulOSugar unpinned this topic

Archived