IGNORED

Counting On - Part 6: Benye Wants to Give the Gospel to the "Inner City"

choralcrusader8613

I'm reminded of the joke: My roommate called and said there is a leak in the bathroom!

Spoiler

YmZkL.jpg

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, RabbitKM said:

(I believe Joy got the steak, and Jessa the pork chops.  Someone got ravioli, I think Jana)

Jessa ordered a pork chop?   Since when do the Duggars eat pork?

Bet it was a lobster or portabello mushroom ravioli.  Leeks might have been in the Chef's special salad. Most places like that do have specials, helps them get rid of stuff from up to 2 days before. UGh now I'm 3 episodes behind!!

3 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

Didn't Jill face time with Dillard while at a book signing before they were married?

Also, Joy face timing at the eye doctor with Jill? (Or whichever PotatoHead pieces were in the scene)

And the super dangerous we cannot reach Jill Skype moment?

Seems they have internet when it suits the situation.....

I think Face Time or Skype is a bit different than having unfettered access to Google. They're only doing that with members of the family. It would be different if they were like that woman who just left the Westboro Baptist Church after meeting outsiders through social media that changed her mind, but the Duggars have even less access to the outside world, whether through the Internet or real life, than WBC members. The only proper websites the Duggars have access to are various Gothard related sites, pre-approved sites about the Bible, and the sites of ministries they support, like SOS. Even the Fox News website is probably too subversive for the J'kidults to access.

4 minutes ago, Swamptribe said:

She probably didn't know what that was because it wasn't labeled "pig" or "bacon."

4 minutes ago, Swamptribe said:

Pork chops or lamb?  Something meaty that came on a long thin bone.  I didnt know they don't eat pork.

And as for internet, don't they have some sort of app on their phone, I forget what it's called, where it blocks everything basically.  So they probably set it to allow facetime, but not safari.

@Cleopatra7: This is incredibly sad. Do the married J'kidults at least have Internet access (have we seen any evidence of this)? I would think at least Anna, who has been off the various compounds and was hobnobbing in DC, would have the wherewithal to look up a menu ahead of time.

But you're probably right: they demonstrate a complete lack of curiosity or interest in anything beyond their immediate circle of experiences. Case in point: the lovely trips they got to take to other countries, which were basically squandered on them because they are so close-minded and incurious.

4 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

The only proper websites the Duggars have access to are various Gothard related sites, pre-approved sites about the Bible, and the sites of ministries they support, like SOS

Only debating this because none of us are in the house and know the entire story.  I don't know what they can access, but what we have been shown might lead us down a path of perhaps there is more access than one originally thought...

8 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

Only debating this because none of us are in the house and know the entire story.  I don't know what they can access, but what we have been shown might lead us down a path of perhaps there is more access than one originally thought...

6 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

Didn't Jessa buy bridesmaid dresses on the internet?

And hasn't it been discussed that some of the Duggar girls use Pinterest? I'm pretty sure someone posted a picture (or at least mentioned it) on here of a Duggar girl using Pinterest on her phone. 

They definitely use the internet, the question is to what extent are they allowed free access?  The parents have talked about utilizing this feature on the phone that prevents them from using the internet freely, including maps.  (this was mentioned in an interview posted somewhere on FJ probably over a year ago now, if someone with searching skills wants to look)  However, I bet the married Duggars don't use that feature anymore, and can freely use their phone how they please.  

Update: I found the original article 

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/the-duggar-kids-are-living-like-it-s-1995-because-the-internet-is-evil-and-smartphones-can-steal-your-soul-duh-54787

The thread where this was discussed: 

Here's your weekly edition of "Deep Thoughts with the Duggers." It's long tonight.

* To start off the show, Michelle has that lime green shirt on. I think some day she will probably be buried in it.

* Michael and Marcus rocking the punk hair tonight. Yikes.

* Joy: "I was not born to wear dresses." Well, it's really too bad you were born into this crazy cult family, because I live for jeans and yoga, and they are awesome.

* If I were a cow on the loose, and the Duggars came rushing at me, I'd run the other way so fast, too.

* TLC had a scroll of "Want to win a paperback copy of "Growing up Duggar"? No, TLC. No way in hell. That would have been a terrible way to grow up.

* They actually called that baby Spurgie, tonight. I'm about to pull my basic white girl card here by saying, "Literally, I can't."

* TLC displayed all the single adult girls' ages in one scene. It really is "Date My Duggar" this season.

* At the spa day, Jesse showed her calling was to be a masseuse, especially with rubbing those feet.

* Producer: "Do you ever get tired of family asking you about when you'll start seeing a guy?" I realized Jana may have politely laughed, but she never answered the question....

* Jana's comments about wanting to date a dirt underneath the fingernails type of guy and not an office guy. The reason was, what would Jana do all day when he was at work? She wants to work alongside him, because she would just be stuck at home. This made me sad and mad. This stupid cult won't let women have their own lives or careers. It really burns my britches.

* I agree with the girls, the prairie dresses WERE a rough patch. But, they were only cast aside when the TV show came calling to appear more mainstream... but SHHHHHH! IT'S A SECRET!

* If I have to hear "us girls" one.... more.... time...

* The girls weekend away must have been exhausting for JBoob and MIchelle. They were probably forced to actually take care of their other children for once.

* After the fancy meal the girls had, it's going to be really hard to go back to chickenetti, isn't it?

* My last deep thought is actually from Mr. Museum, who walked by as I was watching tonight. Here's our conversation.

Husband: "This show's still on? I thought it was cancelled because they were all rapists."

Me: "Err.... well, it's basically the same show with a different name."

Husband: "To be fair, that's pretty much what Kobe Bryant did. He gave himself a new number and kept doing the same thing."

Good for Anna, knowing what scalloped potatoes are. I would think that that item never appears on the Duggar table.

scallopini has nothing to do with potatoes. i think (hope) tlc was screwing with anna by including that

4 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Good for Anna, knowing what scalloped potatoes are. I would think that that item never appears on the Duggar table.

The Hell you say?

scalloped.jpg

5 minutes ago, griffin said:

scallopini has nothing to do with potatoes. i think (hope) tlc was screwing with anna by including that

Right, it's a meat dish.

Imagine the idiocy that doesn't get aired.

I still think TLC is trying to throw them under the bus. I'm sure the leg humpers don't get it though.

another thing i can't stand, but haven't mentioned for the last few weeks, is the enormous, dangling chandelier earrings they keep wearing with everyday casual outfits. who wears gigantic 3-inch earrings with their spa robe? or doing household chores? they look ridiculous.

i always read your posts before the show comes on here so i can look for things you all point out. i almost feel bad watching them now. their ignorance is embarrassing and cringeworthy. tlc is scraping the bottom of the barrel for storylines. i can hardly stand anna's humiliation

2 hours ago, Swamptribe said:

Once you start listening to music with a beat it's pretty much all downhill from there. Next thing we know she'll be getting a bunch of abortions and cutting her hair.

1 hour ago, griffin said:

i always read your posts before the show comes on here so i can look for things you all point out. i almost feel bad watching them now. their ignorance is embarrassing and cringeworthy. tlc is scraping the bottom of the barrel for storylines. i can hardly stand anna's humiliation

I think all those young ladies were humiliated in tonight's show, with Anna front and center.  The repeated questions from TLC about courtships seemed especially low.  Joy looked like she was in tears at one point and I can't help but wonder if it was due to the badgering.

OTOH, when you've been in restaurants around the world and are challenged by other than fast food menus, it's time to find out what the dishes are before looking like a nitwit.  Don't chase strange cows or refer to yourself as a farmer when there's no apparent farm.  And don't bring up Josh, for crying out loud, when he cheated on you and molested three out of four of the other women in the room.

TLC seems to have scraped the barrel for storylines and I doubt the two-episode finale will be any better.  Another trip to "dangerous" CA, cooing over Izzie and Spud, talk about adoption, and probably no real sign of any souls being saved. 

I don't see how this show can go on without a courtship and/or another baby.  I'm not sure if even that would be enough.  All enthusiasm appears to be gone.

Hallelujah - a whole episode without Sierra.

Jana's wistful wish for a non office worker spouse because she doesn't want to be stuck alone at home all day confirmed for me that she's unhappily stuck at home raising her parent's oversized litter and desperately wants to escape but hasn't a clue about how to do so.

Why focus on the whole weird puffy sleeved/prairie dress era and then not explain why that suddenly was abandoned? Did JBoob suddenly realize that to marry off his many daughters he had to package them more attractively? Did he decide that in order to lure more leghumpers into his cult his family needed to appear more 'normal?' Or did TLC at some point suggest ratings would improve with a more normal wardrobe? 

8 hours ago, iweartanktops said:

What the fuck is a prayer bead? 

I don't know if this has been answered or not, but they're used to keep your place when you recite the same phrases over and over. Catholics use them. Muslims use they say dhikr age the are knotted in 33s, so you know when you get to a knot to go on to the next one. I've never heard on a person wearing then as an accessory.  It may be seen as an insult.

Was anyone else a little Ickes out by Anna talking about her diet? It's bad enough what she's been through, clearly she or her in laws are pressing her to become someone else to keep Joshlys attention. :kitty-cussing:

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • SpoonfulOSugar unpinned this topic

Archived