IGNORED

Counting On - Part 6: Benye Wants to Give the Gospel to the "Inner City"

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was watching some Investigation Discovery today and they showed NOT ONE SINGLE ad for Counting On! A few weeks ago, there was an ad almost every single commercial break.

Jana nooo! You don't have to be home all day while mr right is at work if you don't want to! 

So she wants a physical labor guy so she can work alongside him? I don't get it.  

23 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I just can't help but picture him standing there with his thing out while the scanner head goes back and forth and the lights light up...I mean, do you put the lid down when you do something like that? So many questions...

I almost wish I'd asked!

The mental image of the process that must have been involved was even squickier because of the context. Tiny was working nights on an ER rotation, and it was slow, so picture a guy in scubs and a fancy white lab coat getting his freak show on with the scanner in the back office while the ER carried on around him... I can see being tired and bored in a dead ER, but there are always better ways to pass the time than scanning one's genitals. All I can say, is if he ever did it again, I hope that one of the nurses caught him and slammed the lid shut -hard- on his Tiny McTinyness...

Just now, RabbitKM said:

Jana nooo! You don't have to be home all day while mr right is at work if you don't want to! 

So she wants a physical labor guy so she can work alongside him? I don't get it.  

they are in a cult - she doesn't get it 

3 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

Hmmm...maybe Jinger shouldn't ask for Anna's advice on what to look for in a man.

I loved that Jessa gave a simple answer and jinger responds "that's so wise" lol

Commercials: tlc sister wives sneak peak, tlc promos, the huntsman trailer, yes hair removal, local Nissan commercial, xfinity, Nissan again, tlc promos

Last day of girls trip? Weren't they there for 3/4 days...what did that do?

1 minute ago, Yaoichan12 said:

Commercials: tlc sister wives sneak peak, tlc promos, the huntsman trailer, yes hair removal, local Nissan commercial, xfinity, Nissan again, tlc promos

Last day of girls trip? Weren't they there for 3/4 days...what did that do?

discuss josh,and discuss men, and discuss how Jessa is so weird 

Was I the only one mortified on Jana's behalf when Joy starts laughing about how "I don't mind people asking *me* about boys because I'm still young and I haven't been asked much before, but I bet Jana hates it because people have been asking her for yeeeeaaaarrrssss...."?

Counting on Cancellation (part 3)

Joy - we're making breakfast and then we're going to have an in cabin spa day.

They eat fruit and toast.

Anna - this is really special becasuse if we had waited a few months, who knows.  All of you guys are "of age."

Jessa - There are enough guys hanging around these days!

Anna - anything can happen, really quick.

Jessa - enjoy your singleness while youre still single, it may not be very long.

Anna - one or 2 can be married before next year.  You can be 6 months away from engagement if youre single and over 18.

We're reminded of how old the single girls are by "dinging" numbers under their names.

Jessa orders people how to do "spa day."

They are all wearing white robes with clothes under them.  

Jessa tells us they used to do BACK MASSAGES! OMG LESBIAN INCEST!

Jessa massages Anna's feet... and brings up Joshly.

Anna - Josh is about to finish up his program.  I'm really excited about it.  I can look back over the past few months and say its been a hard road, but its been a good road. I know there is still a lot of work and a lot, like, I think its daily there is going to be a lot of work and there is a long process ahead (jessa and jana smile sweetly and adoringly up at her) I take it one day at a time and trust in god and doing the next right thing.  I think there is a lot of jope for the future and a lot of excitement.  In some ways theres a lot of steps before its where it needs to be.

Jessa TH - Anna is like another sister, we dont even use the word "in law." Its been a blessing through this past year with all the things we've walked through and all she's walked through, to have her so close.

Jinger looks at Jessa as she speaks like Anna and Michelle look at their headships...

Joy TH - She's blessed us so much with her encouraging words, her smiles, in different hard times we've gone through.. her attitude has been "guys, you can get through this." Her attitude has been a huge encouragement to us

Anna TH - To have the support and love of family and sister in laws through the past several months has meant the world. To have a shoulder to cry on and to pray with has been a blessing and I couldnt have asked for more, they're a treasure.

Back to "spa day."

Anna asks Joy about men.  

Joy - looking for someone who loves others more than he loves himself

Anna - He better love you more than he loves himself because youre an awesome girl (nudge at joshly)

Joy TH - It depends on the person asking you about guys and how they're asking you.  You cant ask about a particular guy but you can ask questions in general.

Anna asks JInger

Jinger - What should I look for in a guy?  

Jessa - He should be thoughtful, treat people with  respect, not just you... He should be kind with his words...

Producer to jinger: Do you get tired of people asking you when youre going to get a guy?

Jinger - Its just typical with our sisters we just expect it.  And so when they ask me I just laugh and, you'll have to wait and see.

Anna - (to the group) do you picture yourself marrying a farmer or a businessman?

Jana - I like dirt under their nails. I am a country girl.

She's wearing a "small town girl" shirt. Jinger is the city girl.  Jana wants a "hard working" guy she can work with

Jana/Joy - I dont get tired of people trying to find guys.  Jana is pretty tired of it.

Jana doesnt want to be "stuck at home" while he's working

Oh, Anna, no man to have dinner with.... and you really don't need to have dinner with the idiot you married.  You can do better.  No sniffles, now.

Is that a frilly DRONE on Meredith's head?!

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

<snip>

Joy TH - It depends on the person asking you about guys and how they're asking you.  You cant ask about a particular guy but you can ask questions in general.

<snip>

What does she mean by this? That *she* can't ask Jim Boob about particular guys? Or that her sisters/Anna can't ask *her* (Joy) about a particular guy she may be courting/interested in?

2 minutes ago, EyeQueue said:

What does she mean by this? That *she* can't ask Jim Boob about particular guys? Or that her sisters/Anna can't ask *her* (Joy) about a particular guy she may be courting/interested in?

I thought she was saying that she doesn't like it when her sisters or Anna ask about particular guys, but that may just be me.

So sad, so sheltered that ANY restaurant in Branson is "too fancy" with "big words" on the menu.  SOTDRT fail.

This episode is beyond desperate.  Can they try any harder to suggest that there might be a courtship?

They're confused about the restaurant menu, OMG.

Counting on cancellation (part 4)

They arrive at an observation tower.  Its the last day of their trip... its 230 feet tall and you can see 90 miles on a clear day. Jinger is afraid of heights.  She tries to get over it... 

Anna - I've always been afraid of heights but i'm getting better at masking my fear (just like her other feelings)

Jessa wants them to "face their fears" and stand by the glass.  The elevator goes up. Its wobbly...  They get to the top.

Anna - I'm easily scared. I dont like bugs

Joy - I'm scared of things, like in a smaller scale.

Jessa - I'm scared of roaches.  They're scary with their long antennae things (gestures)

Anna - I dont like snakes

Jinger - snakes

Jana - I dont like flying

Joy - I can do roller coasters but not many

They look down the elevator shaft and they all decide they dont feel safe.  It was windy and the trees were blowing.

The guy wants to know if they really want to "experience this thing."  He takes them to the outside on the platform.  They look by a fence.

Jinger - I looked over the edge and I'm thankful that I wasnt scared like I usually am

Anna peers over (her clothes are pretty tight for a duggar - work it, girl!)

Jinger wants to skydive (didnt she do that already?)

Jessa changes spurge and comments that he's too big for his pants.  She shakes him into it.

Joy tries on wedges.  They're going to "dress up really fancy" and have a nice dinner at chateau on the lake.

Anna puffs her hair.

Jessa jokes about arranging some dates for the "girls."

Jinger - Anna and Jessa were joking about setting us up on a blind date. Thats OK if we get to invite people.  

Jessa jokes that Jinger wouldnt tell them who to invite.

Jana is getting dressed alone in the bathroom... everyone else was together.

Jinger comments how their style has changed, from prarie dresses to hair styles.

We're treated to pictures!

Jessa - I look back and say "that was a rough patch"

Jana - I'm not a fan of puff sleeves, those are the embarrassing days

Joy - they were like a bag.  We wore those till i was probably 12.Then I could wear "normal clothes."

Jinger - thankfully, throughout the years we kind of changed. 

Anna brings mer in and selects between sparkly baby shoes.

Anna had to have her shoes and hair bow and earing match... 

Jessa doesnt want to carry the baby wearing heels.  They're wedges, not heels... 

So Anna stayed behind to babysit then....?

No, guess not.... where are the babies? Under the table?

1 minute ago, Dandruff said:

This episode is beyond desperate.  Can they try any harder to suggest that there might be a courtship?

They're confused about the restaurant menu, OMG.

it's a pathetic excuse for a show 

I don't understand why they can't hang out more? What do they do all day? Jessa isn't that far away 

What is S Elliot sitting in? He can't be big enough for a high chair yet 

And no recognition whatsoever about what enabled them to "change" so much, clothing and hairstyle wise, right?

Nope. Can't acknowledge that big fat TLC paycheck, right? :snooty:

I'm surprised they are expressing embarrassment over the prairie dress/Puritan Peter Pan collar days. In some ways, their being able to express this is good, I think. Now I just wish one of them would grow a pair and fly the coop.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • SpoonfulOSugar unpinned this topic

Archived