IGNORED

Counting On - Part 6: Benye Wants to Give the Gospel to the "Inner City"

choralcrusader8613

2 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Did Jana say she would not want to be at home while her husband is at work? Doesn't that go against their beliefs? She probably got a time out from JimMich for saying something like that.

after the restraunt scene, I am down to second grade IQ. How do they dress themselves? TLC is getting harder and harder to bear. TLC = Totally Lame Channel.

I took it to mean that she didn't want her husband to be away from her all day, but if he worked as a farmer, she'd be able to stay around him all day long

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Did anyone else hear Jill say, "Derrick killed a tarantula in MY room." ???

They're sleeping apart already??

Not necessarily.  I sometimes speak of the bedroom I share with my husband as "my" room as in "my room is such a mess" or "I need a new bookcase for my room."   Also, in some families the shared bedroom nominally belongs to the woman while the man has a "study" or "office" or workshop.

21 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Farmers generally would not want you to chase the cow yourself because 1.) you might startle it and cause it to run further away from where it should be rather than heading back to where it belongs, or you might chase it to the wrong place, 2.) the cow could get injured or overly stressed while being chased, or 3.) the cow could injure you while being chased and there would be a potential liability for the farmer.

I grew up in the country outside a small town. Our "neighbors" knew who we were, but didn't know us personally. We couldn't actually see each other's houses due to them both being on so much wooded land. But there were at least a couple occasions when some cows got stuck in the cattle gap (slated cement to keep cows from getting into the road) at the end of our driveway. The neighbors noticed this when driving by and  spent a lot of time extracting cows from the cattle gap, then chasing them back into our pasture ... only for us to drive upon this scene and have to break the news to them that they weren't even our cows. (Ours were always red/brown/tan, and these were black and white.) So it does happen. :D

8 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Really? Leeks? Leeks aren't fancy. They grow in the woods and you can pick them for free. Do they not have them in Arkansas, or are the Duggars just unfamiliar with any food item that doesn't come in a package at the grocery store?

I bet it's because leeks are generally not found in the canned food section of Aldi :P

48 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

This episode is beyond desperate.  Can they try any harder to suggest that there might be a courtship?

They're confused about the restaurant menu, OMG.

Maybe some of them cannot read?

I also grew up in a rural setting with cows that periodically needed to be relocated. I miss them...  I'd never move back to the area, but it was beautiful. Now a field of McMansions :puke-front:

11 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I have to admit this show makes my life seem so much less dull. Christ I thought my life was boring.

The cow scene, I've done that before, but with a pig.  It was funny as hell trying to get that pig out of the road and into a field, was it the right one? I don't know but we thought we did a good deed. 

Damn, you're brave! I'm scared of pigs. I would have run away! :pb_eek:

1 minute ago, AliceInFundyland said:

I also grew up in a rural setting with cows that periodically needed to be relocated.

We "host" a flock of sheep in the summer... well, they ALL got out one day, and the neighbor called to let us know.  FARMERS WITH ATVS rounded them up, not a van-full of girls in flip flops.

And I still reeling over the "cow in a cage" comment.   I envision a dog kennel and 1/4 of a cow stuffed into it.

4 minutes ago, Kittikatz said:

@Lillybee great minds think alike!

Is it just me, or is it really weird that we all know so much about the Duggar's normal diet? 

:kitty-shifty:

I wonder what they thought about the wild mushrooms on the menu.

I just looked at the menu, no weird names for potatoes at all.  They say "whipped" or "hash".  I checked both lunch and dinner, no mention of leeks on either one, unless it was a daily special. Nothing on that menu was really odd, but then I'm married to a chef and have been a foodie for years.

I think that the Duggars would feel that the Pioneer Woman's cooking is too fancy for them.

7 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Maybe some of them cannot read?

There certainly seems to be an issue with menu items that don't arrive wrapped in paper.

When they were at the restaurant and teasing the 3 singles about blind dates, did it look like Joy had been crying? It was brief.

Was there a potatoes gratin on the menu? That's the only "fancy" thing I can think of that they would not know.

Leeks- I have gotten them in my CSA box EVERY WEEK for the last 6 weeks. I am sick of leeks.

Looks like a decent menu. I especially love the suggested wine pairings listed below the entrees.

Wish those girls would have sucked down a glass of vino with their meals.

Confession time: When Anna and Jessa were teasing the others about getting blind dates for them, I got a little worried  that there really were blind dates! Talk about pressure on camera..

7 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

I think that the Duggars would feel that the Pioneer Woman's cooking is too fancy for them.

I can't say what I want to say 

3 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Were they there for lunch or dinner?

dinner

Aioli would be tough for them, tapenade, pancetta,  balsamic reduction, chutney, gastrique,  Otherwise the rest is pretty straightforward.

I know that Anna has eaten out with her Joshua in DC at nice fancy restaurants and FRC banquets so she should not be so ignorant of the food on that menu. Girl, you are smarter than that.

@nst they are a product of their environment.... it is sad that they don't know when they are broadcast to the "rest of us" - we become painfully aware of how sheltered and sad they are.

If understanding leeks is a challenge, a demi-glace confusing, or a "fancy potato name" is overwhelming - they might as well be Amish.

TLC is now pranking them.

Maybe the restaurant does a rotating menu...because I couldn't find anything the girls ordered on the site. What they have listed there isn't that hard to figure out. I feel like banging my head into a wall right now, why am I watching this? Jessa seemed annoyed that her dinner had blue cheese stuffed into it, Jinger apparently had no clue what she ordered...I mean I just can't with these story lines.They don't know what the big fancy names for the dishes are....ok....read the description below the name, ask questions, it's not that hard and as someone said in an earlier post, it's not cute!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • SpoonfulOSugar unpinned this topic

Archived