IGNORED

Counting On - Part 6: Benye Wants to Give the Gospel to the "Inner City"

choralcrusader8613

1 minute ago, EyeQueue said:

Or like one of those craptacular Lifetime Original Movies that I always switch the channel from whenever anyone else walks into the room because I don't want to be caught watching something so damned trite/sentimental/embarrassing. :pb_lol:

Hey, don't knock that style of watching TV....its what I do to watch this snoozefest

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

Googling a fancy word for "potato" 

vegetable

tuber

root vegetable

new potato

seed potato

sweet potato

spud

tater

yam

murphy

plant

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

Googling a fancy word for "potato" 

I actually did google "fancy potato" but didn't find anything.

Did anyone catch the name of the hotel/restaurant they went to? We could google the menu.

ETA: oops. Cross-posted with RabbitKM!

5 minutes ago, nst said:

well I meant drama wise of the two sisters meeting with their kids

sort of like a hallmark special 

Ah, sorry I missed your point.  I think my IQ drops each time I watch this show.

Maybe more like Hee Haw than Hallmark...

Just now, EyeQueue said:

Did anyone catch the name of the hotel/restaurant they went to? We could google the menu.

ETA: oops. Cross-posted with NST!

Rude, I'm RabbitKM! :pb_wink:

I am perusing the menu, and even I think I could figure out what might be nummy

I found the restaurant by going to the Branson tourist website, and looking at each "upscale" dining website until I saw the tables that resembled the ones on the show, and the menu is relatively similar.  Really what sold it to me as the same one was the dessert menu with the pretzel cheesecake thing.  

And yes I have homework to do.  No don't ask me how that's going!

1 minute ago, RabbitKM said:

Rude, I'm RabbitKM! :pb_wink:

I fixed it! Your guys' identical profile pics confused me! :)

1 minute ago, MarblesMom said:

I am perusing the menu, and even I think I could figure out what might be nummy

Um....braised short ribs on horseradish potato cakes with pickled blueberries! Dayum!

6 minutes ago, EyeQueue said:

Pomme de terre?

I was thinking more of a post count title... there really isnt a "fancy word for potato!"

Just now, EyeQueue said:

I fixed it! Your guys' identical profile pics confused me! :)

we are the non duggar sisters 

I'm kidding :D

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Jana sees a cow on the side of the road. They decide to pull off the road to get it. They pull over behind another SUV, no idea who is in it...

They run in the road chasing the cow.  It runs away.  Jessa gets back in the car and clocks herself in the head.  They drive a bit and continue to chase it.  Of course, its pregnant... JInger films... Joy runs chasing it. Jinger stays in the car with Jana.  They chase it back into the pasture and spurge cries.

Jana - its not our first time chasing cows.

I'm assuming this scene was completely scripted because that's really bizarre behavior in my opinion.

I live in a rural area (significantly more rural than the Duggars) and a farm animal in the roadway is a really common scenario. Even so, I can't even imagine attempting to chase someone else's livestock. If you want to help, you stop at the nearest house and let them know there's a cow loose. If it's not theirs, they likely know who it belongs to and can pass the information on.

Farmers around here generally would not want you to chase the cow yourself because 1.) you might startle it and cause it to run further away from where it should be rather than heading back to where it belongs, or you might chase it to the wrong place, 2.) the cow could get injured or overly stressed while being chased, or 3.) the cow could injure you while being chased and there would be a potential liability for the farmer.

If you know the person (and their cows) that would be one thing. If it's a random cow, in my experience most farmers would prefer to simply be notified than to have strangers with no agricultural knowledge trying to chase their animals back into the pasture.

I assume the point of this scene was to imply good country living, but speaking as someone who actually lives in the country it just seems weird and unrealistic.

58 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

They are all wearing white robes with clothes under them.  

...What's the point of the robes if they're dressed?

35 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Counting on cancellation (part 5)

They arrive at the "ritzy" restaurant.  They all comment that its out of their comfort zone because they dont go to places like that. They dont know what the food is.  Jinger doesnt know what leeks are.

Really? Leeks? Leeks aren't fancy. They grow in the woods and you can pick them for free. Do they not have them in Arkansas, or are the Duggars just unfamiliar with any food item that doesn't come in a package at the grocery store?

I wonder if I'm not able to see the whole menu or something, because I don't see any pastas, and I know one of them ordered ravioli.  And they must have gotten feedback from the Duggars about the fancy potato, because I no longer see a fancy potato on the menu lol. @Buzzard @happy atheist I like "googling a fancy potato" as a post count! 

1 minute ago, nst said:

we are the non duggar sisters 

I'm kidding :D

We actually are!

11 minutes ago, Hiddenomaha said:

Hey, don't knock that style of watching TV....its what I do to watch this snoozefest

LOL! I do it all the time. It's not really "hate watching." Maybe "shame watching."

They don't grasp the concept of whipped potatoes? Or potato cakes?

'Cause those are about the only potatoes I see on a pretty basic, yet nice sounding, plain language menu... 

#duggarbraintrust#fail

Did Jana say she would not want to be at home while her husband is at work? Doesn't that go against their beliefs? She probably got a time out from JimMich for saying something like that.

after the restraunt scene, I am down to second grade IQ. How do they dress themselves? TLC is getting harder and harder to bear. TLC = Totally Lame Channel.

1 hour ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Did anyone else hear Jill say, "Derrick killed a tarantula in MY room." ???

They're sleeping apart already??

Ehhh- Command of the English language is not the Duggars' strong suits. "Whenever" this happened....

I have to admit this show makes my life seem so much less dull. Christ I thought my life was boring.

The cow scene, I've done that before, but with a pig.  It was funny as hell trying to get that pig out of the road and into a field, was it the right one? I don't know but we thought we did a good deed. 

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Ehhh- Command of the English language is not the Duggars' strong suits. "Whenever" this happened....

but she did say it :D

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Really? Leeks? Leeks aren't fancy. They grow in the woods and you can pick them for free. Do they not have them in Arkansas, or are the Duggars just unfamiliar with any food item that doesn't come in a package at the grocery store?

My best guess is that they don't sell them at Aldi.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • SpoonfulOSugar unpinned this topic

Archived