IGNORED

Counting On - Part 6: Benye Wants to Give the Gospel to the "Inner City"

choralcrusader8613

With all the J'slaves away for the weekend,  who is minding the littles? Mullet or Hannie?

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

I know that Anna has eaten out with her Joshua in DC at nice fancy restaurants and FRC banquets so she should not be so ignorant of the food on that menu. Girl, you are smarter than that.

Unless Josh, being her headship, just ordered for her

Just now, MarblesMom said:

We "host" a flock of sheep in the summer... well, they ALL got out one day, and the neighbor called to let us know.  FARMERS WITH ATVS rounded them up, not a van-full of girls in flip flops.

And I still reeling over the "cow in a cage" comment.   I envision a dog kennel and 1/4 of a cow stuffed into it.

I lived on a mile long street with acre lots. In back there was the extremely huge propety/pasture with the cows. If the cows got out we'd call "Farmer Bill" and he'd come over on his big ass tractor to redirect them.  Generally entertaining. But yeah, they aren't really sweethearts...or easy. I raise an eyebrow. They could probably move one cow working together.

7 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

Aioli would be tough for them, tapenade, pancetta,  balsamic reduction, chutney, gastrique,  Otherwise the rest is pretty straightforward.

The thing is, they all have smartphones almost surgically attached to their hands. They could have googled any of these item and discovered the ingredients, etc.

It was all a bunch of put-on hooey for the cameras.

Look at how cute we ignorant country girls are! We haven't tried your fancy schmancy citified food, LOLOL!!!!!!11111

Marilyn Monroe pulled off the Silly Blonde act pretty well in her time.

Today's woman should have a better handle on eating out.  Hair color be damned.  BUT THEY HAD HEELS ON!!!!

To me, the saddest part is the D girls do not seem to realize how limited and confused and dim they come across when in a new (strange) situation.  That is the most painful part to watch - it is not cute, it is damning on the parents who never allowed them to explore and experience JUST a little bit of the world   ..... (Branson?! That is minor league on the greater cultural scope....)

Just now, MarblesMom said:

Marilyn Monroe pulled off the Silly Blonde act pretty well in her time.

Right, but there seemed to always be a sly recognition that she was in on the "dumb blonde" joke. Or so it always seemed to me.

These young ladies are not self-reflective or self-aware enough to know how utterly idiotic this looks to viewers.

14 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Leeks- I have gotten them in my CSA box EVERY WEEK for the last 6 weeks. I am sick of leeks.

This is totally off topic but I'm jealous that you've had your CSA share for six weeks already! Mine for this year won't start for two more weeks.

11 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

@nst they are a product of their environment.... it is sad that they don't know when they are broadcast to the "rest of us" - we become painfully aware of how sheltered and sad they are.

If understanding leeks is a challenge, a demi-glace confusing, or a "fancy potato name" is overwhelming - they might as well be Amish.

TLC is now pranking them.

The Amish are hardworking and have useful skills.

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

This is totally off topic but I'm jealous that you've had your CSA share for six weeks already! Mine for this year won't start for two more weeks.

Mine is year round- *ducks for cover*

Aside from a Caesar salad, was there anything remotely Duggarish on that menu? I really would like to know what they ordered.

this episode made me irrationally angry. 

Whether it's the constant sister nonsense, or the courtship projection, or the we are letting the lord plan yet we don't know how to do do bc, or the cow wrangling or that stupid dinner and facial party 

these people are so out of themselves and so backwards its not funny 

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Double jealous, then! Our weather does not permit that.

9 minutes ago, EyeQueue said:

The thing is, they all have smartphones almost surgically attached to their hands. They could have googled any of these item and discovered the ingredients, etc.

Look at how cute we ignorant country girls are! We haven't tried your fancy schmancy citified food, LOLOL!!!!!!11111

Do they have internet capability?
I thought that was on lockdown in Duggarville.

Being under the headship of JB, do ANY of those gals have the freedom to have internet on those phones? 

11 minutes ago, EyeQueue said:

I don't think it's an act.

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

The Amish are hardworking and have useful skills.

Mine are, too.

3 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Being under the headship of JB, do ANY of those gals have the freedom to have internet on those phones? 

I thought they did, because they were the fairer sex that could be trusted to not look up dongs or something.

Also, don't they do lots of social media, which I thought would come directly from their phone (??).

The Amish chicken was on the menu, and I remember them saying that dish out loud.  And Joy's steak was still there, only no demi glace (but it still had mushrooms, which she requested to be removed). As for the other ones they ordered, they probably change up the menu from time to time.  We don't know exactly what Jinger, Anna or Jana ordered.  (I believe Joy got the steak, and Jessa the pork chops.  Someone got ravioli, I think Jana)

1 minute ago, EyeQueue said:

Also, don't they do lots of social media, which I thought would come directly from their phone (??).

that's what I would do :D

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I don't think they have internet on their phones, which begs the question of why they even have smartphones. Any curiosity has been literally beaten out of them, so I doubt that they'd Google aioli or gastrique even if they had internet access. These people have no interest whatsoever in the outside world to the point where even somewhere as mild as Branson might as well be Las Vegas or Manhattan.

1 minute ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I don't think they have internet on their phones, which begs the question of why they even have smartphones

Didn't Jill face time with Dillard while at a book signing before they were married?

Also, Joy face timing at the eye doctor with Jill? (Or whichever PotatoHead pieces were in the scene)

And the super dangerous we cannot reach Jill Skype moment?

Seems they have internet when it suits the situation.....

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • SpoonfulOSugar unpinned this topic

Archived