IGNORED

Jill and Jessa Counting on--part 3

Criscat

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

^ And I think he is slowly realising that and wonder why the hell he went after this marriage in the first place.

I have the theory that Kim Jong-Boob's reasons for signing off on this marriage were because he knew the unemployed teenage rapper Bin wouldn't be provide for Jessa on his own terms (and babies would stop him getting to a place where he can) and it would be an easy way to keep one of his 'flight risks' under his thumb.

I think Jessa thought she was very clever at getting out of the TTH and Boob let her THINK she won while she was really just getting played by her Dad. 

I think I mentioned I have a 101.1 fever and an earache, so bare with me here. I was reading a news article yesterday on how Kim Jong Un gained something like 90 pounds since taking over, so I took your statement literally. Thinking you were talking about his man boobs, knowing there was a joke in there but not quite grasping it. I am going to bed now, hopefully I will be a bit more clear minded in the morning.

12 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

I think I mentioned I have a 101.1 fever and an earache, so bare with me here. I was reading a news article yesterday on how Kim Jong Un gained something like 90 pounds since taking over, so I took your statement literally. Thinking you were talking about his man boobs, knowing there was a joke in there but not quite grasping it. I am going to bed now, hopefully I will be a bit more clear minded in the morning.

Aw, Grimalkin, I'm sorry you're sick. :(

If you have a heating pad, try setting it on low and lie on your side with your ear on it. That was my mom's remedy for earaches and it really seems to help. 

On March 30, 2016 at 6:20 PM, quiverofdoubt said:

I've been wondering for a long time (since before fj) if the not playing outside thing is a cultural thing in the south, or maybe parts of the south.  

No it's definitely not cultural or typical. Growing up, my brother and I stayed outside all day. They had to force us indoors. The biggest problem is that many areas of the South are rural so the houses are more spread out. Kids tend to go on "play dates" because people live too far apart to walk.  As far as the heat, yes it is H O T but that never stopped us as kids.  AR may be a little warm in summer, but the Duggars haven't been hot until they have been in South MS in August!!  Some days you literally cannot breathe outside.  So that "too hot to play outside" is just an excuse. They are just weirdos.  Oh and we don't get much ice and snow here either. If  the weather channel predicts snow, you would think the world is coming to an end.  The entire town/county I live in shuts down. 

Relation to the show: How in the was Jinger expected to get that much for a car that was over 200,000 miles? I think it was a toyato but that still seemed way to pricey.

As for the only child talk. Growing up as an only child isn't such a bad for the most part. For the most part onlys end up being better adjusted and a fair amount end up actually achieving some very large loaftly goals they set out for themselves.

I had roughly an equal amount of friends that were onlys and friends that had siblings. My friends that were onlys are the only ones that actually left the nest for longer periods of time. One right now working in a publishing firm designing covers for books. Although one came back after getting their. PHD paid at. Princeton.

Most of my friends that had siblings never left home. Most of them never travel outside the country (sadly cause the close promixty Canada doesn't count) or past Chicago. I know of one who passed up a full scholarship to stay home followed by six years later passing up a job that would have paid them $80,000 a year with full benefits to just move to a city that was barely over the. Mississippi. Another left for a college an hour away (@ most) and returned home within a semester. None of these friends have family members that are sick or little siblings that needed care to them world outside the bubble from Detriot to  Toledo is to scary of a place and one should never live there.

My one advice though is do whatever you can not to make them feel to entitled to really anything. The onlys that I knew often fitted the mode of onlys being spoiled brats were the men. The one I was close while growing up  these days goes months threatening to disown his mother over some of the most petty things like money. A lot the discord occurred while his mom was struggling with cancer. 

Another advice would be to create an almost every changing environment so that they learn to study and focused in different situations.

When it comes to handly a parent getting ill, I don't know exactly how I'll handle it. So far both of my parents have had flash at potentially devastating outcomes with my mother having two types of cancer discovered but luckily stage 1 when discovered. There's a rough understand on things like life support (pretty much none for either parent) but nothing with care.  There was a mention once jokey no nursing home especially if there a monkey as the nurse and it was located in Passions, CT.*

With my husband's parents I think things are more of a toss up. He has three siblings where only one of them having their life in a somewhat stable situation. Me and my husband have an agreement though that we would not allow his father under any circumstances to move in with us and at this moment there been 8 months with all communications cut off. As with his mom there is no game plan but because of pets the chances are low of her living with us the odds are she would move in with his younger brother (and future wife who is also an only child). Although there bets are bets on when and where his sister's baby could end up in case goes to jail.

* As a family we would occasionally gathered around the tv to watch Passions a fail soap opera. The nursing home is a reference to the one Ms. Wallace lived in.

4 hours ago, librarychick said:

I read the hashtag as thegreedypreacher.  Lol

Nah, that's Derick!

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Nah, that's Derick!

True!

17 hours ago, lascuba said:

I'm starting to wonder if that was general immaturity/social ineptitude with all strangers, or awkwardness because she was dealing with a strange man. Maybe she actually didn't feel all that uncomfortable, but she's not allowed to address an unknown man directly and that is why her brothers did all the talking.

You know, for all the careers you can have without higher ed, why in the world would they choose such a "manly" job for such gender divided family.  I'm in a "man's" field, engineering, but even i won't buy a car without a guy with me. I have knowledge, a big mouth, experience in buying the cars i already owned, i'm not dainty looking, and still they just wont take me seriously. I cant see her doing this successfully without constant presence of the boys, or at least she will have to wear a pair of jeans and look like she knows how to pop the hood. Geez, cant she get another skill like accounting or something. 

10 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

To be fair, they may have bought the blocks before Counting On was even announced.   Not everyone is constantly thinking of how the Duggars may sneak back on TV.  A lot of advertisers don't know much about the shows where their ads run. .. Until the show turns out to be objectionable.

I don't disagree, was just stating another thought on the matter, that's all. Personally I don't constantly think of how the Duggars may sneak back on tee vee, only leghumpers do that IMO. 

23 minutes ago, anotherone said:

You know, for all the careers you can have without higher ed, why in the world would they choose such a "manly" job for such gender divided family.  I'm in a "man's" field, engineering, but even i won't buy a car without a guy with me. I have knowledge, a big mouth, experience in buying the cars i already owned, i'm not dainty looking, and still they just wont take me seriously. I cant see her doing this successfully without constant presence of the boys, or at least she will have to wear a pair of jeans and look like she knows how to pop the hood. Geez, cant she get another skill like accounting or something. 

i just hated that scene.  She looked like she didn't want to be there at all

59 minutes ago, anotherone said:

I think it was just one of those TLC ideas- "Hey - I have a thought, we haven't featured Jinger much in this series, let's pretend she's learning to buy cars at auction and sell them at a profit!"

As someone mentioned upthread, watching her take photos would have been even more boring.

Hey TLC, I wanna see a little passion in the adult kids. You know like they get so excited that they slightly mess their words up, a big smile, a little giddy over a project or thing. Like how a shopping trip and show the girls freaking out over shoes or a little sassy. Some human emotion, please.

3 minutes ago, Wenny said:

Hey TLC, I wanna see a little passion in the adult kids. You know like they get so excited that they slightly mess their words up, a big smile, a little giddy over a project or thing. Like how a shopping trip and show the girls freaking out over shoes or a little sassy. Some human emotion, please.

you want to see bedroom scenes between Jessa and Ben and Jill and Derick ?

cause that could be entertaining - especially when Jessa went on and on about looking at the ceiling 

Just now, nst said:

you want to see bedroom scenes between Jessa and Ben and Jill and Derick 

cause that could be entertaining - especially when Jessa went on and on about looking at the ceiling 

no no not that passion, that voyeurism and should stay between them.

I want like when my husband see a new guitar or when I see new fabric or when daughter see anything with my little pony.  Loose control of they emotion at lest once. 

25 minutes ago, Wenny said:

I'm honestly not sure if they even know how to really express emotions, what with all the brainwashing to always be happy and keep sweet and repress and forgive and having any non-conforming thoughts literally beaten out of them.  Plus, their role models for how humans express emotion are Michelle and JB, who couldn't come across as sincere if they tried.  Not that I don't think the J'kids feel emotions - they're human; I'm sure they feel the full range like most everyone else. But knowing how to express them? Nah.

They're just doing what they think "normal" people do, probably because TLC prompted it. So, that's why it seems off.   Anna, Jessa and Jana don't "do coffee"; Jinger doesn't sell cars; the boys don't compliment their sisters; Bin and Jessa don't have an egalitarian view of parenting; and all of them are sexist and bigoted as hell.  It's always awkward watching people pretend to have what they think are normal interactions.

They're play acting at TLC's plot lines, which are designed to normalize them, but they are not actors and it feels like they don't quite get why they're supposed to be doing and saying what they're doing and saying.  I chalk it up to another giant failure in their upbringing.   JB and M, having grown up in the real world and been generally socialized among their peers and in other group settings, seem savvy enough to get what it is about them that people will find weird and understand how adjust to fit their audience. The kids don't have that ability. They don't really get why they may be seen as odd, even if they're told that they are, and they've never had to be normal or fit in, so the instinctive ability to blend in that most people get from being around peers in school and sports and work settings is lost on them.  I kind of feel for the TLC producers who have to try to work with them on this stuff (or work around it). 

This is how reality TV goes: TLC execs sit around a big oak table. one says, " Free Jinger says none of the adult kids work. So let's have Jason running a garage, Jinger...that can we do w/her?"

"How about she works in a nursing home?"

"That's sexist. Let's try to play down how divided the sexes are in this cult. How about we have her flip a car?"

"Yeah! And Jana does household repairs!"

See how real it all is?:my_dodgy:

11 minutes ago, Hera said:

I'm honestly not sure if they even know how to really express emotions, what with all the brainwashing to always be happy and keep sweet and repress and forgive and having any non-conforming thoughts literally beaten out of them.  Plus, their role models for how humans express emotion are Michelle and JB, who couldn't come across as sincere if they tried.  Not that I don't think the J'kids feel emotions - they're human; I'm sure they feel the full range like most everyone else. But knowing how to express them? Nah.

They're just doing what they think "normal" people do, probably because TLC prompted it. So, that's why it seems off.   Anna, Jessa and Jana don't "do coffee"; Jinger doesn't sell cars; the boys don't compliment their sisters; Bin and Jessa don't have an egalitarian view of parenting; and all of them are sexist and bigoted as hell.  It's always awkward watching people pretend to have what they think are normal interactions.

They're play acting at TLC's plot lines, which are designed to normalize them, but they are not actors and it feels like they don't quite get why they're supposed to be doing and saying what they're doing and saying.  I chalk it up to another giant failure in their upbringing.   JB and M, having grown up in the real world and been generally socialized among their peers and in other group settings, seem savvy enough to get what it is about them that people will find weird and understand how adjust to fit their audience. The kids don't have that ability. They don't really get why they may be seen as odd, even if they're told that they are, and they've never had to be normal or fit in, so the instinctive ability to blend in that most people get from being around peers in school and sports and work settings is lost on them.  I kind of feel for the TLC producers who have to try to work with them on this stuff (or work around it). 

i am taking a moment because I had to look up a word :D egalitarian

anyway - it's what I have been saying - Jessa is off (they all are) - she is trying to be all normal and such - but it's coming across as something else and it's glaring obvious all those staged scenes - either coffee or whatever -is just not working.  

I also get the impression that the "sisters" don't like Anna and it is even more apparent

12 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

So....if Jinger wants to flip cars, she cannot flip more than 5 cars a year without getting her dealer license in Arkansas

https://static.ark.org/eeuploads/asp/used_motor_vehicle_dealer_company_application_052014.pdf

If you look, you will see the application is attached and quite involved. So, IMO, the buying and selling of 4 cars a year, with a profit of $500-$1000 per car, her salary will not be very much.

Altho maybe JB still has his dealer license, or Josh still does and she is operating under that license. I dunno.

So she will flip 4 cars, Jana will flip 4 cars, Joy will flip 4 cars, etc.  The Duggars will get around the law.

@19 cats and countingThat's what Mr. Butt said too. And he knows nothing about the Duggars shady dealings. I guess if JB or Josh still has their license, then the cars could be in the company name and Jinger/Jana/Joy/whoever, could be an "employee"

That would explain the well-stocked garage that Jason was 'working' in.

If they are just putting cars for sale on a random piece of land owned by Jim Bob, it is really no different than when you see a row of cars parked on the street with for sale signs on them. Basically Jim Bob is running a dealership without officially having a dealership. I would bet no one is paying taxes on anything as it appears to just be a private person selling their car: Those kids aren't paying for the cars and likely aren't selling them. I doubt they even get a "commission". I would bet that Jim Bob is out there for every sale, even though he has put the kids names on title. They are actually his cars. To me it's the same as a parent using their kid's name and SSN to get the power or gas turned back on. 

1 hour ago, Hera said:

That is so emotionally stunted. I wonder if they understand sarcasm. My husband affectedly calls me Castiel Jr because I don't understand sarcasm or social norms. 

JB and his sketchy ways of saving/making money are going to be his downfall.I wonder if the DMV is set up so they can catch unusual activity at one address. Yes the law says 5 cars per person but if a 100 cars a year are being sold with the TTH address listed then that has got to trigger some red flags, not to mention and investigation by inland revenue. 

And it is just so fucking petty.    Even if Jinger and JD and a few other adult children are buying and selling cars, the profit isn't going to be even $5,000 per child per year. As was pointed out by a previous poster there were 6 J-slaves involved in this one transaction that netted them $500.  How many manhours did it take to go to the auction, stand around waiting to bid, tow the car, fix it up, clean it and find a buyer? That's fine for some pocket change for the teenagers but it is barely enough for their gas, insurance, oil, and car parts. The only reason why this is worth doing is because these kids have no other skills and few ways of making an income.

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived