IGNORED

Jill and Jessa Counting on--part 3

Criscat

So apparently the second show was more boring than the first, as evidenced by talk of whether the girls can use certain feminine products....take it away guys!

• Criscat pinned this topic
  • Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enough about Jinger flipping cars.  If they want their ratings to skyrocket they need to show her flipping birds.

Actually, that a great idea for a new TLC show.  Fundies Gone Bad.

I was raise fundi lite.    Using a tampon was totally forbidden because it simulated the sex act.    NOTHING but your properly wedded husband was supposed to go up there!   

Therefore, I cannot imagine the girls being permitted to use a tampon.   

6 minutes ago, Carol said:

Enough about Jinger flipping cars.  If they want their ratings to skyrocket they need to show her flipping birds.

Actually, that a great idea for a new TLC show.  Fundies Gone Bad.

How about 

FUNDIES FLIPPING OUT  

TLC is failing terribly at making these kidults look normal.  I only watch for the Binjerman moments. He is fantastically, hilariously stupid.  And I think the word Bitcha was looking for was TENACITY not endurance. 

I won't speculate about the Duggar's specifically, but my understanding of fundies is that tampons and cups (anything that went into the vaginal opening) would be frowned upon. I would imagine knowing what it may feel like to have something up there would ruin the purity of mind/heart (I mean in their opinion, obviously it's silly but that's probably how they think of it)

Hasn't it been thought by fundies (and other people in the past) that using a tampon would cause loss of virginity? Puh-leeze. If that were so, so many girls would lose it before they even hit their teen years.  

Never mind giving poor Buzzard bottles of wine. From what I've read in the recaps*, she needs the hard stuff.  151 proof rum or absinthe would be a good start.

*I used to watch 19KAC years ago. Couldn't take it anymore.

The only thing entertaining about the show is watching TLC trying to 'respond' to things people say on the internet....and then failing miserably.

Let's not get into a discussion about approved fundamentalist feminine products, please.

Any idea about whether the kids make any money? John-David apparently rents out his own home for income, but what about the others? I'm convinced Jim Bob makes the kids on the new show fork their TLC cash. 

1 hour ago, FundieFarmer said:

Let's not get into a discussion about approved fundamentalist feminine products, please.

I mean like I said, I would never discuss or speculate a person specifically, but I do think that the general fundie attitude toward menstrual products is a good example of exactly how toxic their thoughts on female virginity and purity are.

ETA: Although it seems out of place on this thread, I'm not sure there is much else to say, and I'm not passionate about this topic if asked to stop. I just think it's very... pertinent to general snark.

I mean like I said, I would never discuss or speculate a person specifically, but I do think that the general fundie attitude toward menstrual products is a good example of exactly how toxic their thoughts on female virginity and purity are.

ETA: Although it seems out of place on this thread, I'm not sure there is much else to say, and I'm not passionate about this topic if asked to stop. I just think it's very... pertinent to general snark.

I completely get what you're saying, but sometimes discussions can venture far enough that they get into the tasteless realm, and that's not what FJ is about. This is one of those times, especially since we have zero proof one way or another. Let's let this one end [emoji846]

7 minutes ago, FundieFarmer said:

I completely get what you're saying, but sometimes discussions can venture far enough that they get into the tasteless realm, and that's not what FJ is about. This is one of those times, especially since we have zero proof one way or another. Let's let this one end emoji846.png

Roger.

Now I just gotta wait around for someone to bring up something else to snark on... or for Tuesday's latest shitshow...

3 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

The only thing entertaining about the show is watching TLC trying to 'respond' to things people say on the internet....and then failing miserably.

Agreed-- but are we sure that it is TLC and not some of the Duggars themselves that are looking at comments here and elsewhere and trying to change their image?  I mean the "lets make them look a loving family" sounds like TLC, but the "lets have Jana supervise replacing a few lights" and "lets show Jinger involved in the family business" sounds like the sort of clueless "changes in their brand" that the Duggars themselves might come up with.

I imagine it something like this:

Jessa has begun to notice that the family is criticized for not having jobs and for not giving unmarried women anything to do. She mentions it to JB who goes, "Is that so?"  JB then consults with the other men of the family and together they come up with this plan.

TLC doesn't much care what they do.  And they decide to throw in the tree house.  While they are at it, they suggest to the Duggars that having another cooking-and-we-don't know how episode (like the one where Jill couldn't cook rice) is just what they need.  The Duggars figure they will get some free turkeys and lots of butter out of it, so why not?

Yawn.

I think the show is so uninspired because even the editors fall asleep while trying to find stuff to put on TV.  

1 hour ago, season of life said:

Any idea about whether the kids make any money? John-David apparently rents out his own home for income, but what about the others? I'm convinced Jim Bob makes the kids on the new show fork their TLC cash. 

I'd love to know where Jinger got the $3400 she needed to buy that car at the auction. And how the Duggars have kept up their license to even be able to buy there. They really must still be operating a used car lot, but not under the ertwhile Duggar Motors moniker. There was talk of this in the People article that listed the kidults' "occupations" (they made it out that JMinger had purchased, detailed and flipped many cars, not just one for a show plotline), but there's been no talk of a used car lot in operation for years. JB sold Duggar Motors to a family friend after Josh moved to DC; did he sell it back to the Duggars on the SLY? 

TLC named this new series for Jill and Jessa, yet the entire Duggar family (except for Josh, who was at sleep-away camp) has appeared in both episodes.  This isn't a new series at all; it's the same old show.   

3 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

TLC named this new series for Jill and Jessa, yet the entire Duggar family (except for Josh, who was at sleep-away camp) has appeared in both episodes.  This isn't a new series at all; it's the same old show.   

Yeah, except this one's way more boring than the last one. 

1 hour ago, withaj said:

Yeah, except this one's way more boring than the last one. 

I keep seeing previews for next week showing BinBob being left alone with Spurgey. Haven't we seen this a million times already? First JimBoob as Mr Mom, then Joshely being left alone with his kids (shudder), now B-Wald. We get it already, raising up youngins is wimmin's work, and men are bumbling buffoons.

Then there's JD's comment about being surprised about Jinger flipping a car, because she's more into fashion... Enough with the jinder role reinforcement already.

I tried to watch the last episode, but quit out of boredom halfway through.

Okay TLC, we know you read this and are staging the show in response to comments and general snark.

So, please have the Duggars look  at a map and point to the dangerous place where the Dullards reside!  I suspect that SODRT did not teach the distinction between countries, continents and sub continents.   Central America is not a country.  Where the hell are they?   AND why do you believe it to be dangerous?  AND, why would JD feel it is necessary to mention that they don't understand English.  Hey JD, the problem is that the Dullards don't understand Spanish!

I just watched the car flipping scene.  This is so contrived to respond to the Duggar's gender rolls.  

TLC:  Where did Jinger get the $3500 to buy the car?  How about the boys who were apparently bidding on cars before they even could drive?  Huh? Is that even possible?  Wouldn't you need a driver's license to purchase a car-=even at an auction?

Finally, Thanks JD, I never understood what how bidding at an auction worked (my being a dumb girl with a big purse and all).  Apparently, people bid against each other until one of them finally outlasts the others. :omg:.you're so smart.

24 minutes ago, nst said:

Considering we already saw it when josh did it in episodes that were devoted to him

I wonder what the duggars and seewalds would say if they got cancelled without josh

They can still blame it on Josh because it is the molestation scandal that derailed the gravy train last year and continues to threaten the delivery of "gravy" to Duggars.

Of course they will never understand that it was the parents' bad management and concealment of the molestations that is the real issue.  

4 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

They can still blame it on Josh because it is the molestation scandal that derailed the gravy train last year and continues to threaten the delivery of "gravy" to Duggars.

Of course they will never understand that it was the parents' bad management and concealment of the molestations that is the real issue.  

Or they don't realize how bad the new shows are, despite them trying anew formula which clearly isn't working

Whether they suggested that or not is the key question.

And the real question is as well

will Jill and derick actually have more storylines because Jill's name is in  the title but she has yet to make an impression imo

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived