IGNORED

Jill and Jessa Counting on--part 3

Criscat

1 hour ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

^ Kim Jong-Boob's

:pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol:

I seriously have nothing to add to the conversation, but I needed to point out this is the funniest thing I've read on FJ in a long time. 

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

^ And I think he is slowly realising that and wonder why the hell he went after this marriage in the first place.

I have the theory that Kim Jong-Boob's reasons for signing off on this marriage were because he knew the unemployed teenage rapper Bin wouldn't be provide for Jessa on his own terms (and babies would stop him getting to a place where he can) and it would be an easy way to keep one of his 'flight risks' under his thumb.

I think Jessa thought she was very clever at getting out of the TTH and Boob let her THINK she won while she was really just getting played by her Dad. 

I am going to play devil's advocate for one moment

I am putting on my backwards baseball cap on and saying

Maybe anyone who has had children can agree to this or not because I sure have no clue

perhaps we must remember that this was filmed like 4-6 weeks into their first child.  Weren't you all like Jessa is or Ben was which is in awe of your kid and in Ben's case scared of not only his wife and his kid.... except you were not on a relatity tv show showcasing to the world your brilliance

Maybe if the show gets picked up for another season - he will change and it will be different

baseball cap off

back to snarking

:D

Ben the edgy rapper :D

9 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

I wonder if Ben's parents tried to advise him against giving up his job and moving onto the Duggar property.  If my son were in a similar situation, I know that I would strongly discourage doing any such thing.  Obviously, once your child is 18 or older, all you can do is offer advice and then let them make their own way.  But did his parents totally fail to grasp the situation?  did they try to advise him not to make such a drastic change?  or did they think this was actually a good idea and encourage him? 

I think another poster said something like, "be careful what you wish for; it may come true" in reference to Ben's situation, and that's how I feel too.  I think he got exactly what he thought he wanted, only it may not be at all what he imagined. 

And I have mocked Derrick mercilessly on quitting his WalMart job and moving his family to "Central America", but maybe the guy was desperate to get himself and his wife and kid away from the smothering influence of JB Duggar et al.  If Derrick's got any smarts at all, he will make every effort to find a reason why he, Jill and their offspring won't be moving anywhere closer than 200 miles from his in-laws.

Let's not forget that the Seewalds may not be ATI, but they ARE fundie (Calvinists, I think) and they're total leghumpers. When Joshgate 1 happened Mr. Seewald posted a message on his blog about how Josh just needed to hang in there, and people were just dredging up things that were laid properly to rest when Josh repented, yada yada.

Of course he changed his tune with the Joshley scandal because cheating on your wife is apparently unacceptable even though child molestation is totes fine. 

But my point is that I'm sure they thought him moving up and soaking in the Duggar limelight and using it to launch his preaching career was a grand idea.

I'm pretty sure Dullard wasn't trying to get out of JB's grasp. I think he truly believes god has called him to pester Catholics. I don't think any of the marrieds have any inkling of an idea to "get away" from the Duggars, that gives them way more credit than I am willing to. Don't forget Dullard was prayer partners with JB for like a year before he even got to talking to Jill, I don't think that he was secretly plotting to take a daughter and run the whole time. He's probably just as infused with kool aid as the rest of em.

Agree that the Seewalds are leghumpers, though I suspect the rose-colored glasses have faded some.  They must have had at least a few concerns when Ben was moving in with the Duggars to clean toilets, but I can imagine Jim Bob calming them down with "it's just for the show".

I have to say though, when Michelle told Guinn she could be a grandma a year from then, I saw fear, or at least concern, in Guinn's eyes. She may be fundie/fundie-lite, but the fact that Michelle was talking about that idea so approvingly may have scared her a lot.

6 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

I have to say though, when Michelle told Guinn she could be a grandma a year from then, I saw fear, or at least concern, in Guinn's eyes. She may be fundie/fundie-lite, but the fact that Michelle was talking about that idea so approvingly may have scared her a lot.

I did see that as well, but it wouldn't matter. Guinn believes in biblical submission, so if Michael wasn't afraid of it, she "wasn't" either. And I think that is the crux of it. Michael dove into Duggar worship, Guinn always struck me as less ethusiastic, but I'm sure she never would have dared say so even privately to Ben. Can't go against the headship, even if your son is about to tie himself permanently to a big ole bucket o' crazy.

7 hours ago, servants-heart said:

The thing that I'm finding unbelievable is the fact that JD is making more of an appearance in this series, and his sexism is just so blatantly shining through. There's hardly any attempt to sugarcoat it and it's awful (but of course, unsurprising). As everyone else has said, TLC is failing epically at trying to portray the girls with any ounce of independence or freedom. 

Also, Jinger going on about the girls gaining as many "life skills" as possible again. Eugh. It's all so transparent and gross.  

I was really hoping that JD would be better, possibly because of his twin relationship with Jana.  I hoped that maybe being so close to his sister would make him less sexist.  But nope.  He appears to be totally creepy and scummy.  Sad.

4 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

She may be fundie/fundie-lite, but the fact that Michelle was talking about that idea so approvingly may have scared her a lot.

Didn't scare her enough. :(

I'm surprised the doctrinal differences between the families don't seem to be more of an issue.  For people who are so committed to their beliefs they seem to have a fairly casual approach to their kids marrying someone with a major theological difference.

If I understand correctly the whole predestination vs not is a pretty big chasm to overcome for many people.

28 minutes ago, nst said:

I am going to play devil's advocate for one moment

I am putting on my backwards baseball cap on and saying

Maybe anyone who has had children can agree to this or not because I sure have no clue

perhaps we must remember that this was filmed like 4-6 weeks into their first child.  Weren't you all like Jessa is or Ben was which is in awe of your kid and in Ben's case scared of not only his wife and his kid.... except you were not on a relatity tv show showcasing to the world your brilliance

Maybe if the show gets picked up for another season - he will change and it will be different

baseball cap off

back to snarking

Ben the edgy rapper :D

I agree with this. I didnt think he seemed so bad. He had a lot going against him - he is not used to/comfortable with being on camera, it is a newborn, and jessa was totally undermining his confidence with her wisecracks. It seems she does this a lot.

29 minutes ago, nst said:

I am going to play devil's advocate for one moment.  I am putting on my backwards baseball cap on and saying

I do remember that after my son was born, I was captivated by everything about him.  So yes, I can understand if at the time this was filmed, Jessa was still in those early stages where every thing her little guy does, is fascinating.  As to Ben "babysitting," I can't excuse that concept, even for a new father.  It isn't babysitting when it's your own child.  The proper term would be "parenting."

4 minutes ago, OrchidBlossom said:

I did see that as well, but it wouldn't matter. Guinn believes in biblical submission, so if Michael wasn't afraid of it, she "wasn't" either. And I think that is the crux of it. Michael dove into Duggar worship, Guinn always struck me as less ethusiastic, but I'm sure she never would have dared say so even privately to Ben. Can't go against the headship, even if your son is about to tie himself permanently to a big ole bucket o' crazy.

Guinn strikes me as someone who could have actually have something sane to say if she wasn't repressed by all this 'don't go against your headship' nonsense. 

Just now, anotherone said:

I agree with this. I didnt think he seemed so bad. He had a lot going against him - he is not used to/comfortable with being on camera, it is a newborn, and jessa was totally undermining his confidence with her wisecracks. It seems she does this a lot.

no he seemed horrible in my opinion - that kitchen and welcome home scene were awful to watch

but I just thought of that all today

while I am doing taxes

but then who wants a reality show - oh wait Ben did

he should have pulled up his pants and acted like a man

When they were courting and it was going slowly, the Seewald parents and Bin came to lunch with the Duggars.  JB suddenly sprung his offer for Bin move to their guest room and Bin looked speechless.

Gwynn looked like she wanted to speak with Bin SO BAD - she was just about jumping out of her seat trying to catch his eye.

Who knows, just my interpretation of that moment, but to me it wasn't a "Well what a lovely idea" reaction.  More like a "Whoa,  son, we need to talk!!"  

She didn't get the chance to talk with him, though, before he stumbled into accepting. JB is a scary guy.  It really jumped out at me how he manouevred that. 

The Seewalds are their own brand of Cray Cray, just like the Duggars. Just pointing something out, I believe Guinn had Ben when she was 20. So, the thought of a 20 year old having a kid might have been something normal in their circles. Doesn't mean it's the smartest decision, though. Considering the #poetlaureate sold his soul to #kimjongboob...

2 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

The Seewalds are their own brand of Cray Cray, just like the Duggars. Just pointing something out, I believe Guinn had Ben when she was 20. So, the thought of a 20 year old having a kid might have been something normal in their circles. Doesn't mean it's the smartest decision, though. Considering the #poetlaureate sold his soul to #kimjongboob...

True!  Although, I do recall that Guinn had a pretty much horrified look on her face during the coverage of the pre-wedding stuff when Michelle said to her "you could be a grandma a year from now!"

I'm an Only child from TN and I practically lived in the tree with my book and CD Player.

1 hour ago, EmmieJ said:

I wonder if Ben's parents tried to advise him against giving up his job and moving onto the Duggar property.  If my son were in a similar situation, I know that I would strongly discourage doing any such thing.  Obviously, once your child is 18 or older, all you can do is offer advice and then let them make their own way.  But did his parents totally fail to grasp the situation?  did they try to advise him not to make such a drastic change?  or did they think this was actually a good idea and encourage him? 

I think another poster said something like, "be careful what you wish for; it may come true" in reference to Ben's situation, and that's how I feel too.  I think he got exactly what he thought he wanted, only it may not be at all what he imagined. 

And I have mocked Derrick mercilessly on quitting his WalMart job and moving his family to "Central America", but maybe the guy was desperate to get himself and his wife and kid away from the smothering influence of JB Duggar et al.  If Derrick's got any smarts at all, he will make every effort to find a reason why he, Jill and their offspring won't be moving anywhere closer than 200 miles from his in-laws.

I think the Seewald parents were star struck. Didn't Ben mention that his mom introduced him to the show?

I agree about Derick. It does appear that although it was (is) initially hard, in the long run, the distance between the Dillards and Duggarville, and JB in particular, is a good thing. 

NO adult needs to be beholden to JB and his cult's rules.

Just now, SportsgalAnnie said:

I'm an Only child from TN and I practically lived in the tree with my book and CD Player.

I loved being an only child

1 minute ago, NeverAFundie said:

True!  Although, I do recall that Guinn had a pretty much horrified look on her face during the coverage of the pre-wedding stuff when Michelle said to her "you could be a grandma a year from now!"

Yep, I remember that look of pure panic. Quite well.

On March 30, 2016 at 9:03 PM, meda said:

Jinger says its hard to talk to a “complete stranger”....

Talking to strangers is a life skill. This is something that most kids get over by their teenage years. It's ridiculous how childlike JB & Michelle have kept their children.

21 minutes ago, WhyNotJulie said:

Same. It's great.

Thank you @WhyNotJulie and @nst. My son will likely be an only child and I feel sad thinking about it sometimes. So it's nice to hear positive things from other only-children.

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I'm surprised the doctrinal differences between the families don't seem to be more of an issue.  For people who are so committed to their beliefs they seem to have a fairly casual approach to their kids marrying someone with a major theological difference.

This is a really, really interesting point.  If the Seewalds are truly Calvinists then their theology and doctrine would be very different from fundie-Gothard-cult.  It would be right up there with a pre-vatican 2 Catholic and a current Southern Baptist.   Basic beliefs--God, trinity would be there, but there should be some serious differences, which makes me think that the Seewalds became Calvinists because they heard the term, not because they studied the doctrine.

3 hours ago, NeverAFundie said:

I totally agree that the JoshGate 1.0 scandal may be one reason why the kids never seemed to run around unfettered outside.  I also have this vague recollection that the TTH is near a landfill or dump.  Did a quick Google search, and sure enough...

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/duggar-family-home-faces-city-dump/

does anyone know if the landfill smells??  I am sure the birds are annoying at times?  

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived