IGNORED

Jill and Jessa Counting on--part 3

Criscat

WELL, at least SOMEONE has gotten the message that a bunch (9) of adults, not working or going to school is NOTHING to be proud of, is not normal or a sign of decent parenting or preparation for adult life.

We do not need more idiots unleashed on our society- not that JB will ever release any of them, until he dies. God help them all, then.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Hera said:

I'm honestly not sure if they even know how to really express emotions, what with all the brainwashing to always be happy and keep sweet and repress and forgive and having any non-conforming thoughts literally beaten out of them.  Plus, their role models for how humans express emotion are Michelle and JB, who couldn't come across as sincere if they tried.  Not that I don't think the J'kids feel emotions - they're human; I'm sure they feel the full range like most everyone else. But knowing how to express them? Nah.

They're just doing what they think "normal" people do...

I can relate--raised not fundie but narcissistic mom not unlike Michelle in many ways and was not allowed to have emotions (except awe of mom) or preferences (ie., every piece of crap she made for dinner was delicious, etc.) When I was in third grade I got in trouble for raising my hand too much in school (rural Catholic school with 60 kids per class that taught to the bottom) and was told that it wasn't nice to "brag" and I should pretend I was stupid so that people would think I was nice...on and on and on (any kids of NPD parents get the drill). Because I was in fact smart I got out--college scholarships--but you can take the girl out of the muck, but not the muck out of the girl...No ability at all to read social cues and into my 30s was still imitating what I thought other people did, or repeating things they said that I thought must be appropriate--needless to say there was a very long, very painful learning curve.

That's why before it became apparent Josh is just a total pig I kind of gave him a pass on some of the stupid (like the "short bus" remark--I don't think he knew what a short bus was but just heard someone say it and get a laugh so he tried it). 

I'm retirement age, made my living as a writer and still write and teach, and I still can't keep a journal because identifying and writing down an actual negative emotion causes me to stop breathing and my stomach muscles to tense. 

Duggan dysfunction is heavily rooted in religious ideology and heavily rewarded by not only parental approval (I'm convinced both parents are narcissists and wanting parental approval is hard for children of narcissists to overcome), but leg-humping from fellow travelers, adulation and exposure from outlets like People and of course $$$ from TLC. So even if the TLC $$ dried up tomorrow I would think the prognosis for change is like nil to<nil.

4 hours ago, Hera said:

6 minutes ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

JB and his sketchy ways of saving/making money are going to be his downfall.I wonder if the DMV is set up so they can catch unusual activity at one address. Yes the law says 5 cars per person but if a 100 cars a year are being sold with the TTH address listed then that has got to trigger some red flags, not to mention and investigation by inland revenue. 

And it is just so fucking petty.    Even if Jinger and JD and a few other adult children are buying and selling cars, the profit isn't going to be even $5,000 per child per year. As was pointed out by a previous poster there were 6 J-slaves involved in this one transaction that netted them $500.  How many manhours did it take to go to the auction, stand around waiting to bid, tow the car, fix it up, clean it and find a buyer? That's fine for some pocket change for the teenagers but it is barely enough for their gas, insurance, oil, and car parts. The only reason why this is worth doing is because these kids have no other skills and few ways of making an income.

It also keeps them busy and let's them they the are actually out in the world working like normal adults. Jim Bob probably had them believing that they are small business owners. Even if there is a $500 profit, my guess is that Jim Bob takes the majority of it and the "seller" kid might get $100 at most. 

Exactly socalrules-- I see it as busy work, the kind of thing a parent manufactures to keep their child quiet and content.

It was just a storyline. The buyer was part of the crew, as far as Pickles reported. Just another fake to entertain the leg humpers.

15 minutes ago, patsymae said:

Duggan dysfunction is heavily rooted in religious ideology and heavily rewarded by not only parental approval (I'm convinced both parents are narcissists and wanting parental approval is hard for children of narcissists to overcome), but leg-humping from fellow travelers, adulation and exposure from outlets like People and of course $$$ from TLC. So even if the TLC $$ dried up tomorrow I would think the prognosis for change is like nil to<nil.

This is a really interesting point.  I think you're absolutely right that JB and M won't stop chasing adulation, even if they have to lie to themselves to "get" it, no matter what happens.  Those people will never even for a second question their belif that they are beloved and their way is the only right way.  And even if the money ran out, a lot of the kids - particularly the marrieds and probably JD, Jinger and Jana - would probably stay in fundie-dom, or at least fundie-lite-dom, even if they had to get jobs and the like to survive. But the younger ones might really get the benefit from going to an actual school and being around people their own age and seeing that there's more to life than the mess they grew up with.  There might be hope for them. 

Did anyone check out the Pickles FB page? She posted screenshots of an FB convo and apparently they got a guy to play the role of someone interested in a car. Fake, just as we've been saying. I bet if you showed that to the leghumpers, they would deny it up, down, and all over.

13 minutes ago, socalrules said:

It also keeps them busy and let's them they the are actually out in the world working like normal adults. Jim Bob probably had them believing that they are small business owners. Even if there is a $500 profit, my guess is that Jim Bob takes the majority of it and the "seller" kid might get $100 at most. 

This. As has been pointed out in other posts, these "kids" have no clue what actual adult work entails, nor apparently does anyone in their circle (with the exception of JBoob, who wants control, and Mary, who for whatever reason isn't talking). Jessa is an "author." Josh was a head honcho at the car lot ("executive director?" manager?--when he would show up and fly play airplanes while praising his 'right-hand man' who did the actual work), "PR expert" and also a "graphic designer" (he put together some kind of invitation or something using templates) before he became a DC lobbyist or whatever the hell he thought he was. Amy was ready to be a country music star but shocked that she might have to perform in clubs/streets/parties wherever--maybe for even weeks!--before getting a record contract. Jana is a "concert pianist." Jill is a "certified midwife." Their friend Sierra, she of the melting root beer floats in a parking lot and plastic pink flamingos, is an event planner. And if what I've read on here is accurate, the one who is a pilot really doesn't have the kind of credentials needed for an actual career outside the nest. Derrick, who shows up twice a week with armed guards to preach the gospel to Catholics who speak a language he doesn't, and who even his own church says doesn't have credentials, is a "missionary." Ben, who doesn't have two brain cells to rub together, is a theologian. All of the boys sent to ALERT apparently believe they are highly trained to be first responders in an emergency, even one that isn't the Armageddon one.

Aside from Amy, who at least appears to have gotten something resembling a reality check (re the singing stardom, not the no-fame for-me-I-can-still-be-on-the-cover-of-People), none of these adult "kids" have a clue what it means to pursue education or training ("training" meaning learning an actual trade from qualified people in the chosen field) and to work hard to create a career.

See first paragraph. This is what they, I am convinced, honestly believe about themselves.

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived