IGNORED

Jill and Jessa Counting on--part 3

Criscat

2 hours ago, Wenny said:

Who can't express frustration about his mother and father-laws or inlaws. I feel kind of bad that he is muzzled.  Kind of. 

he wanted it

i don't feel sorry for him - and that is coming from me :D 

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before Jessa and Jill had kids I really thought Jill would be the more "warm" mother. But now I have no idea why I thought that. Obviously we don't see much. But she just doesn't seem as "warm" as I expected. I don't know what other term to use to describe it. It's just...weird. She is definitely her mother's daughter.

Jessa, on the other hand, seems quite taken with Spurge. So that's the only good thing I've seen from this new, crappy show.

4 minutes ago, Mothership said:

Well, I'm done with the show.  I could feel my brain cells atrophy as I watched.

BS1 (before scandal 1), at least 19KAC had a catch:  "....and I gave birth to every one".  Even the stupid TLC sponsored trips, the gimmicks and the incessant JB and DQ crap was SOMETHING to watch and snark about.  This isn't even snark-worthy.  They could randomly follow my neighbors around and get better television.  At least they might get some real adult interaction at a coffee shop.

If I'm going to waste time with non-reality TV, I'll watch the Kardashians.  At least they have awareness that they're self-promoting a brand and aren't pretending to be something they're not.  They're undereducated  and over sexed and they know it!

It's so weird. I honestly believed that the show couldn't get any more boring, but I was wrong. So, so wrong.

2 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

When Ben came along, the Duggars had been having a pretty nice time on the TLC dollar, trips to Europe, etc. They had a big fancy wedding and honeymoon, then the first scandal exploded. Ben was not prepared to be without the TLC money, and probably resents that people are more interested in his wife, than his Godly utterances. It's Jill and Jessa Counting On, he doesn't get a mention.

which again is a joke because Jill is nowhere to be seen except for five minutes of bribing her son

1 hour ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Jessa wanted OUT and wanted SEX. Ben is from a like-minded enough family that I think he saw the traveling etc and said "Beats working" and then there's sex.

if she wanted OUT like everyone says she does why is she always around them ie The Duggars - she is always at her former home - 

she wanted to live her own life ?because she sure is not doing that 

and Lascuba I am LOVING your posts 

7 minutes ago, nst said:

if she wanted OUT like everyone says she does why is she always around them ie The Duggars - she is always at her former home - 

I don't think she wanted out so much as she wanted a wedding and a "very special Jessa" episode.

2 minutes ago, MarcyMM said:

I don't think she wanted out so much as she wanted a wedding and a "very special Jessa" episode.

as a end result possibly 

TLC UK is showing the specials starting 11th April, not sure if they will then run the series when the specials are done or wait a while. I honestly thought we might get away without it being shown here. Good news is I won't need to watch it thanks to reading the recaps here.

I just watched the episode on DVR...here are my observations....

-Jessa lied when she told audiences that Ben takes care of "out put"...boy had no idea what he was doing

-Coffee shop scene... I think Anna in her strange fundy beliefs head blames the pretty Duggar girls in regards to the molestation's...was evident to me when Anna mentioned her husband was "not here" to care for her kidlet.  Jana had to be bored to tears with Jessa and Anna talking about babies especially when Jana doesn't have one of her own...kind of like it when girls get together to talk about how awesome husbands are and there is one unattached spinster at the table who has nothing to offer to conversation.  Most fundies I know love to do this as to hold it over peoples heads.

-Spurge sleeping on couch...dangerous much?  scared me and I don't have kids

-Jinger has no idea what she is doing with vehicles... in no way was she going to clean a nasty car in full pirate wannabe makeup, sparkly jewelry, funky trendy hat, hair in face and cute clothes on...she needs to pull hair up and put on work outfit and use gloves that nothing can penetrate/tear to protect her hands ... girl needs to go college and join a sorority and chase frat boys

-Joy needs to go into business detailing vehicles...get a real property and building and hire folks...girl could be very successful-heck she could hire Ben and Spurge in 20 years ;)  i really wished they would some personal protective equipment while working on cars...what about Arkansas OSHA regs?

-Preacher dude helping do repairs was kinda cute...more of him please... shirt optional?

-Jill will be better off with her CA time in the long run... hopefully she will be more independent?

-Jessa  should use your extra time to take at least one online college course while kidlet is young... education is key to survival ?

13 minutes ago, biblelandjunkie said:

-Jessa  should use your extra time to take at least one online college course while kidlet is young... education is key to survival ?

She did mention that she and Ben would be starting their 'how-to-adopt-a-baby classes' very soon. :pb_rollseyes:

So, the  best Gothardismness has to offer Jinger Duggar, a nice, compassionate good-looking young woman, is the chance to flip cars from a lot alongside the road. 

Wow. That makes me angry for all of the young woman being brainwashed by this crap.

2 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

He isn't the only boy. But he's the oldest and the first son in his family.

Ah, then he probably does have golden boy status.  Thank you for the info.

2 hours ago, MoonFace said:

:tw_anguished:   22 minutes in to the show and I've lost count of how many times they've said LIKE.    

I haven't watched an episode in a while, and then I watched a repeat of the first episode of Counting On.  I could not handle the repetition.  It feels like they repeat themselves constantly, and never really say anything at all!

The numbers are in for Tuesday's show.  Views for Episode 3 "Jinger Flips" were 1,297,000.  This represents a 16% decrease in views from Episode 2 and a 32% decrease from Episode 1. :crashh:

It really is amusing that in TLC's quest to demonstrate the lively careers the Duggar women are embarking on, they actually proved the exact opposite.  

It was odd to me when Jana suggested the play/treehouse.  It was as if admitting either that she is the kids' de facto mother, or that their actual mother is persona non grata on the show. Weird.  And then, of course, Jana contributed absolutely nothing to 'her' project.

Jinger and the car flip was just an embarrassment.

Joy does seem to know her way around a car, at least with cleaning supplies.  

Bin could not appear more dim if he tried.  

Well, the whole episode was staged.  And these people are not accomplished actors.  It is confounding that anyone would find them the least bit interesting.  Hopefully no one does.

In regards to Ben...I agree with people who are saying it appears marriage to Jessa is not what he thought it would be.  I think he's completely under Jim Bob's thumb.  He has to do whatever job Jim Bob gives him, he draws a paycheck from him and likely has no say in how much he receives or how often. He has to listen to Jim Bob preach on Sundays, attend all family gatherings, keep smiling, not show discontent...and you can bet he's watched like a hawk.  Ben's completely beholden to Jim Bob for his home, his income and his wife and I don't think he has the ego strength, the energy or the education to tell the Duggars he wants a life for his family that isn't centered around Duggarville.  At some point this may boil over and then all hell will break lose.

I think it's always been Jim Bob's intention to be his family's god...their source of money, homes, employment, everything...all things that keep his children from growing up, leaving the family compound and leading their own lives.  This family is completely enmeshed and it's really concerning how much control Jim Bob exerts on all of them.  Actually, it's really creepy. 

Stay in El Salvador, Jill, long enough that your experiences tell you living in someone else's pocket strips your ability and desire to be your real self.

Just watched one of those webisodes online... Jana was asking the kids what ideas they might have for the treehouse. Poor Jenni wanted the treehouse to have a kitchen and a bedroom. That girl is already looking for any way to escape TTH.

49 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

She did mention that she and Ben would be starting their 'how-to-adopt-a-baby classes' very soon. :pb_rollseyes:

I wonder where she thinks the money for an adoption is going to come from? It's very expensive to do. I have had friends that adopted, both parents worked and are able to live a pretty good life. Yet they have had to have a few fundraiser's, one family even had a Gofundme account, the other adopted before Gofundme. 

I just finished the last episode and while I already knew that Bin definitely isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, it hit me again just how stupid that man-boy is, or at least comes off as. (I don't want to be too mean. Who knows? Maybe he's a math prodigy who just doesn't have a way with words. :pb_lol:)

No, really. He appears to be dumber than a pile of rocks. How does Jessa put up with him? How do they ever have a meaningful conversation?

And then there's Derrick. He really used all of his accredited college enhanced smarts to come put with this gem:

"Israel has spent more time in Cintral America than he has in his birth country. As an American citizen he has actually spent more time outside of America."

Really? REALLY? This is just sad. I get that people call the USA "America" all the time, but in a sentence like that it makes zero sense. Derrick seems to think "Cintral America" is just a name and the fact that it has "America" in it doesn't mean anything.

19 hours ago, iweartanktops said:

I agree! I loathe the nickname, Izzy.

I think Izzy is just the standard nickname for kids named Israel. I grew up with one at school and I didn't know his name was actually Israel for years because we always just called him Izzy. Without FJ, I would never have realized anyone thought it was weird.

1 hour ago, DuggarWatch said:

And Ben looked overjoyed at that prospect...NOT.

Izzy was my nickname in school. I liked it, and no, my name wasn't Israel, which would have been weird for a girl. Back then, it would have been weird for a boy.

15 minutes ago, Carol said:

In regards to Ben...I agree with people who are saying it appears marriage to Jessa is not what he thought it would be.  I think he's completely under Jim Bob's thumb.  He has to do whatever job Jim Bob gives him, he draws a paycheck from him and likely has no say in how much he receives or how often. He has to listen to Jim Bob preach on Sundays, attend all family gatherings, keep smiling, not show discontent...and you can bet he's watched like a hawk.  Ben's completely beholden to Jim Bob for his home, his income and his wife and I don't think he has the ego strength, the energy or the education to tell the Duggars he wants a life for his family that isn't centered around Duggarville.  At some point this may boil over and then all hell will break lose.

I think it's always been Jim Bob's intention to be his family's god...their source of money, homes, employment, everything...all things that keep his children from growing up, leaving the family compound and leading their own lives.  This family is completely enmeshed and it's really concerning how much control Jim Bob exerts on all of them.  Actually, it's really creepy. 

Stay in El Salvador, Jill, long enough that your experiences tell you living in someone else's pocket strips your ability and desire to be your real self.

The Cult of Jim Bob

Every time I see the episode title "Jinger Flips," I automatically think of the horror movie "Ginger Snaps." Now that I think of it, was this intentional on the part of TLC? I know we are discussing how perhaps TLC is subtly making fun of the Duggars....Weirder things have happened.

First ratings are in for last night's show

1.29 million viewers and #19 in original cable telecasts. But if you include the repeats...it had 64,000 less viewers than the 9AM Mickey's Mouse Clubhouse on the Disney Channel.

Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 4.46.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 4.45.29 PM.png

On 3/26/2016 at 1:45 PM, withaj said:

Yep. Ben's facebook categorizes him as a Writer, which is actual WTF material.

As someone struggling with writing on the clock to meet contractual publishing deadlines, this really pisses me off. :annoyed:

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived