IGNORED

John Shrader: Lyin' King - Part 7

Boogalou

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Have you friended him?  That FB page looks locked down to me.

No. His page has always been locked down for me until today. I did have a FB friend who friended him, I don't know if that makes a difference at all. But apparently he met with some local Muslim leaders. They seemed to want to meet with him and it sounds like perhaps they are hoping to convert Rea. :laughing-jumpingpurple: It would be amusing they have FB posts about the exciting opportunity that they had to discuss Islam with a Christian. 

He doesn't seem to be terrified of Muslims like Shrader is. 

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/9/2016 at 9:40 AM, Coconut Flan said:

Seems brought to us by Spurgeon.

Spurgeon origin of Baptists.jpg

Not the perfect thread for this, but didn't know how to cross comment.

Did anyone else read this, and think about what poor Seewald child number 2 (Spurge's sib) would be named, even though no announcement has been made? Bunyan? Balthazar? Hubmaier? Adoniram?

6 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Is that the Trail of Blood types?  James Carroll.  I looked it up once and it seemed total fiction.

Yes.  I remember briefly studying that. They claim to trace the beginnings of Baptists to John the Baptist, IIRC.

John likes to brag about how those Baptists never persecuted anyone throughout history.  Says John, who passes judgement on anyone who doesn't think, worship, live, or talk like he does.  Ever notice how the majority, if not all, of his memes point a self-righteous, judgement finger at those he doesn't like?  Well, John, I don't like YOU but I don't sit around all day making memes about you.

BTW, John.  How are Esther and kids?  We'd really like to know...out of concern for their well-being.

On 4/11/2016 at 8:22 PM, Ali said:

I am assuming that you are referring to this article he posted on facebook:

http://www.kjbresearchcouncil.com/Pages/Articles/Inspiration.htm

The article is quite something, especially this part:

I finally waded through that article.  Circulus in probando.  Is there a word for multiple tautologies?

Holy redundancy, Batman!

you can see his kids in the background of some of the photos he posted a couple of days ago. they look like they're actually mixed in with the other kids in the congregation this time, which is nice!  

but while i smile at the little boys hanging out in this pic, i simultaneously roll my eyes at this brother-dad action. at least the sister moms are getting a break?

And why the heck is John in a suit and tie?

It's good to see some of his kids and their friends.

How's the language learning going, John?

ETA:  Now that I've taken a closer look at the picture, why do John and Esther insist on dressing their kids in Fundy-Sunday attire when the very children they are ministering to doing dress in clothes they are able to own?  I would say that's very culturally insensitive and snobbish but we ARE talking about John here.

Well, I guess we have a question answered. In the 22ish months that John has been in Zambia, he has converted 14 whole people from Christianity to Christianty. Next up, children's bible study and youth outreach! Works better if you rope them in while they're young.

16 hours ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

And why the heck is John in a suit and tie?

It's good to see some of his kids and their friends.

How's the language learning going, John?

ETA:  Now that I've taken a closer look at the picture, why do John and Esther insist on dressing their kids in Fundy-Sunday attire when the very children they are ministering to doing dress in clothes they are able to own?  I would say that's very culturally insensitive and snobbish but we ARE talking about John here.

I'm sure in his mind he's setting an example to the poor folk about how Godly people are supposed to dress. 

As long as the children are not over dressed, I think it would seem a bit disrespectful if they wore what the local children were wearing.   I'm not quite sure how to explain this, but the Shrader children are not local; they are not Zambian.  To pretend otherwise is condescending, white colonialism.

8 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I'm sure in his mind he's setting an example to the poor folk about how Godly people are supposed to dress. 

I find John wearing a Zambian "tourist" shirt over a shirt and tie more offensive than John wearing a business suit to conduct services.  Long may he wear that Zambian shirt though because it will make the locals laugh at him.  In that environment Western style clothes are for best and highly sought after.  African professionals dress far more formally than in the US and take pride in their clothing.  You may just have one business suit but you take care of it.  John's safari jackets are probably sneered at too.  Little does he know.

As far as the kids go - poor little things.  Western Jeans and T-shirts are definitely "best" Sunday clothes in Zambia.  To make the kids wear Fundie Sunday wear looks like conspicuous consumption.

But, then, John is all about conspicuous consumption and prosperity gospel.  I'd hate to give him hints on how to fake things better.

No, the children are not Zambian but they don't have to wear dress shirts, pants, and neckties, for heaven's sake.  Why not wear jeans and a polo shirt or jeans and a nice T-shirt?  I'm not talking about them wearing their Zambian souvenir tourist costumes.  In my opinion, the coat and tie on any of the Shrader males sends two distinct messages:

1.  I'm better than you.

2.  This is how real Christians should dress.

Hahaha -- LOVE the title. :)

Which reminds me ... my DD is actually taking me to see The Lion King on Broadway in June.  Wheeee!!  It's been on my bucket list for years.  Can't wait.

Can I admit that I'm jealous?  I'd love to see the Broadway production.  Maybe I can sing, play an instrument, and grift tickets.

11 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Hahaha -- LOVE the title. :)

Which reminds me ... my DD is actually taking me to see The Lion King on Broadway in June.  Wheeee!!  It's been on my bucket list for years.  Can't wait.

It's amazing!!  I saw it years and years ago and absolutely loved it.

David Rea appears to be FB friends with Esther Shrader, but not with John. I wonder if it is just because Esther hasn't had time to go online and unfriend him(because John hogs the internet) or if she has remained on friendly terms with the Reas

David is getting ready to launch is Zambian church. He wrote a 20 page constitution and set of bylaws for it. :pb_confused: He is also attempting to garden like he did in America and it just isn't working. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:57 PM, Audrey2 said:

Not the perfect thread for this, but didn't know how to cross comment.

Did anyone else read this, and think about what poor Seewald child number 2 (Spurge's sib) would be named, even though no announcement has been made? Bunyan? Balthazar? Hubmaier? Adoniram?

I know...Balaam!!

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

David Rea appears to be FB friends with Esther Shrader, but not with John. I wonder if it is just because Esther hasn't had time to go online and unfriend him(because John hogs the internet) or if she has remained on friendly terms with the Reas

David is getting ready to launch is Zambian church. He wrote a 20 page constitution and set of bylaws for it. :pb_confused: He is also attempting to garden like he did in America and it just isn't working. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

At least he's trying? Has Schrader tried to do anything to be self sufficient that didn't involve making his life easier? 

Well there was that time he dug a well to give away the water to people at no cost...by which I mean, he had other people dig him a well...because he wanted water for himself and (guessing) didn't want to pay for water from the business down the road that had its own well....

There has been no mention of that well in a long time. Wonder if something happened to it or if it ends up people would rather buy water than get it free but have to listen to John. You would think John would be posting pictures of this "miracle ministry well" and the people who come get water. 

12 minutes ago, bertnee said:

Well there was that time he dug a well to give away the water to people at no cost...by which I mean, he had other people dig him a well...because he wanted water for himself and (guessing) didn't want to pay for water from the business down the road that had its own well....

Or carry it anywhere. 

question: someone posted teamzambia.com in the jrod thread and i finally checked it out. i am fascinated to see rea only has six children - are they quiverfull? 

also his doctrine section was laughably long. i kept scrolling, expecting to hit the end of the page but it just kept going and going. 

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 2:53 PM, anjulibai said:

At least he's trying? Has Schrader tried to do anything to be self sufficient that didn't involve making his life easier? 

Does uber-procreating count?  As in "many hands make light work" especially when Daddy supervises--

David Rea finally has a newsletter up and in it he discusses the steps necessary to start a church in Zambia, buy land, and renew his work permit, all things John has never mentioned. I wonder if John did these things, but never brought it up, or if he just didn't do them. John has written long posts about picking up a package from the post office, so I would think that he would devote a bit of time to talking about all the paperwork necessary to start a Zambian church and buy land.  One thing David has on John is that he has always been very careful with paperwork while John just arrived in Zambia with no real plans and nothing done. I wonder if John's attitude towards getting things done properly was one of the problems between him and David. Rea seems like the type who wants to have all his ducks in a row before doing anything. 

http://rea.teamzambia.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/April-2016-prayer.pdf

On 4/14/2016 at 10:39 AM, formergothardite said:

A 20 page constitution? Are you exaggerating? Sadly, I can believe you.

I think the church covenant I refuse to sign (at the church where some of our family members go) has more words in it than the gospel of John.

Thanks for the newsletter.  David Rea and Shrader seem very different in their approaches indeed.

I still think John was conned in his purchase of land for the church and I would be willing to bet that he neglected to file required paperwork.  God provides - until reality bites you in the rear with things like building permits!

Remember, this is the guy who took his whole family to Zambia on tourist visas only and then did the paperwork afterwards.  I so hoped that he'd be deported but he has the luck of the devil.

I do love that Rea is also building a church in Zambia.  He was just as adamant as John about it being all about people - not bricks and mortar churches - in the past.  I also love that he had to make clear that he was preaching, not learning, at the Muslim Learning Centre.  It would be hilarious if they converted him to Islam.

BTW, Rea converted to IFB from Pentecostalism if Shrader is to be believed.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived