IGNORED

John Shrader: Lyin' King - Part 7

Boogalou

38 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

BTW, Rea converted to IFB from Pentecostalism if Shrader is to be believed.

This would be very interesting if it were true. I know there are charismatic baptist that speak in tongues. I looked up Rea's sending church that is listed in the newsletter. It states that it is IFB and states the following in the belief section:

We believe the so-called charismatic experience (speaking in unknown tongues, and claiming to receive new Divine revelations) is both a doctrinal and practical error and, therefore neither to be sought or practiced.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ali said:

This would be very interesting if it were true. I know there are charismatic baptist that speak in tongues. I looked up Rea's sending church that is listed in the newsletter. It states that it is IFB and states the following in the belief section:

Rea's sending church (Valley Baptist) is definitely IFB - and the same one that dumped Shrader with prejudice.

From memory only, Shrader claimed that Rea had been a Pentecostalist when they both ran away like scared little bunnies from a "false" church in Burundi.  Rea apparently saw the "danger" faster than Shrader.

So they were willing to convert Christians to the right kind of Christianity unless they speak in tongues.  Remind me to speak in tongues the next time I'm accosted by an IFB missionary.

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

I still think John was conned in his purchase of land for the church and I would be willing to bet that he neglected to file required paperwork

I think this too. Any person who is going to drag their pregnant wife and small children to another country with no place to live and not the proper visas is not going to be the sort of person who fills out all the paperwork to start a church and purchase property.

On his FB page Rea also discusses filing his taxes. Wonder if John is doing that. John likes to do Big Important Things where he can pose for a picture, not important things like necessary paperwork. 

ETA: John's latest FB rant obsession is ranting against people who are gay. The well has seem to go the way of the plane and the Bible display case. No mention of it in some time. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

John's latest FB rant obsession is ranting against people who are gay.

I thought it was interesting that he termed it "lack of opposite gender attraction" -- is that passive since we can add "by zombies" to it?  

:my_dodgy:

1 hour ago, Ali said:

Based on the verse he provided in the comments, he thinks gay men should be castrated. 

This is so horrible, especially after reading the article about the Malawi pastors upthread.  He has such a dangerous peabrain.  Arrgh!

and a new video goes up on his Facebook page informing the world that Asexuals are really eunuchs and gay people are just eunuchs who have are confused because their church forgot to teach them about eunuchs...The stupid...it burns so bad...

8 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Rea's sending church (Valley Baptist) is definitely IFB - and the same one that dumped Shrader with prejudice.

From memory only, Shrader claimed that Rea had been a Pentecostalist when they both ran away like scared little bunnies from a "false" church in Burundi.  Rea apparently saw the "danger" faster than Shrader.

So they were willing to convert Christians to the right kind of Christianity unless they speak in tongues.  Remind me to speak in tongues the next time I'm accosted by an IFB missionary.

John can't use this as an excuse not to speak in the tongue he should be learning right now!  Actually, I'd like to see a ban placed on John using his tongue until he's had some true sense of reality knocked into him.

7 hours ago, formergothardite said:

ETA: John's latest FB rant obsession is ranting against people who are gay. The well has seem to go the way of the plane and the Bible display case. No mention of it in some time. 

Spending time on Facebook (rather than doing something helpful) ranting about gays is the smokescreen the well and the plane (and dollar donations)are hiding behind.  It's all done with smoke and mirrors, folks.

:pufff:

On 4/12/2016 at 8:57 PM, Audrey2 said:

Not the perfect thread for this, but didn't know how to cross comment.

Did anyone else read this, and think about what poor Seewald child number 2 (Spurge's sib) would be named, even though no announcement has been made? Bunyan? Balthazar? Hubmaier? Adoniram?

of Brescia (for a girl).

Spurgeon!  Stop teasing Hubmaier.  You and Adoniramelle help him pick up his toys.

On 4/16/2016 at 0:21 PM, Palimpsest said:

I still think John was conned in his purchase of land for the church and I would be willing to bet that he neglected to file required paperwork.  God provides - until reality bites you in the rear with things like building permits!

Yeah, I think he's going to find that he doesn't actually own the land...once he's finished all the building and improvements, of course. It'll be just like the plane, except worse this time because the money that built John's new church was donated in memory of his sister. Of course, even if he did screw something up, he'll probably get out of it by whining at the officials via some locals, or liberal application of prayer$.

On 4/16/2016 at 11:43 AM, formergothardite said:

David Rea finally has a newsletter up and in it he discusses the steps necessary to start a church in Zambia, buy land, and renew his work permit, all things John has never mentioned. I wonder if John did these things, but never brought it up, or if he just didn't do them. John has written long posts about picking up a package from the post office, so I would think that he would devote a bit of time to talking about all the paperwork necessary to start a Zambian church and buy land.  One thing David has on John is that he has always been very careful with paperwork while John just arrived in Zambia with no real plans and nothing done. I wonder if John's attitude towards getting things done properly was one of the problems between him and David. Rea seems like the type who wants to have all his ducks in a row before doing anything. 

http://rea.teamzambia.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/April-2016-prayer.pdf

I'm intrigued by the fact that Rea almost didn't go to the meeting with the Muslims because he thought it would be pointless. It's like, if these people aren't already Christian, there is NO WAY we could ever convert them to christianity. Rea should be glad Shrader is already over there falling on his face at every turn...otherwise he'd have no one to save him from the title of Worst Missionary Ever.

I saw this on IG and had to come right here to post it. I thought about posting this in the JDill thread because of the fancy house they got for their "ministry," but I think it's more apt here. If Schrader was an empowered and immodest ladyperson:

Oh, dearest mother Goddess, this is gonna get me into SOOOOO much trouble, reading at McD or the library tomorrow....

Remember when Shrader was taking about his African-American son? It's like him, to a T.

Someone needs to get a Ken doll, add glasses and fundie clothing, and do the same type of IG, parodying John.  

John the Baptist, Jr.

1 hour ago, elizasc said:

He's now requesting prayers (for himself) on fb.

OK, before I EVEN go there to take a look, let me guess:

• He's not feeling well.
  • He needs money.
  • He's feeling sorry for himself because he did something stupid and thinks other people are demon-possessed for calling him on it.

24 minutes ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

OK, before I EVEN go there to take a look, let me guess:

• He's not feeling well.
  • He needs money.
  • He's feeling sorry for himself because he did something stupid and thinks other people are demon-possessed for calling him on it.

you are good...but then again, he really only asks for those 3 things: my health has not been good lately and I could use some lifting up in prayer.

On 4/17/2016 at 8:30 AM, Gimme a Free RV said:

Spurgeon!  Stop teasing Hubmaier.  You and Adoniramelle help him pick up his toys.

I'm pretty sure The Spurge will end up with a little brother named Tozer.

1 hour ago, elizasc said:

He's now requesting prayers (for himself) on fb.

And by prayers, he means PRAYER$$$$$ *nudge nudge, wink wink* He is OVERWHELMED by all that needs to be done in Africa. /deliberate vaguebooking

"Dearly Beloved" ??!!!!???  

Check out Mannuell Adebola's scathing response to John's bad health in the comments.  I think John just had his butt handed to him by another bible-bashing preacher. ;)

I want to know how the kids and Esther are doing.  I don't care if John has a tummy upset.

Mannuell's comment is priceless. :laughing-rollingred:He used the Bible to tell John to stop complaining because he isn't really sick. 

Their first three-hour youth outreach: (paragraph breaks taken up): >> Around 30 attended, 12 and older, more than half were late teens or twenty-something! Basketball, Volleyball, Tic-tac-toe War-Race, popcorn and punch, Bible Football (soccer), a game I invented, and a challenge from the Word of God.<<

Popular sports, free food, and nothing special to do on a Friday afternoon--sounds like a workable deal.

They're doing a weekly men's and women's Bible study and have converted 14 Christians to Christianity, IIRC---but what the heck else are they DOING? Skimming FB, I see lots of reposts, but nothing like "we've got a fever outbreak around here: please pray for our sick people" or mention about day-to-day pastoral/teaching functions---or even how many tracts they've passed out with that big-ass vehicle and the invisible plane.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived