IGNORED

John Shrader: Lyin' King - Part 7

Boogalou

On 4/6/2016 at 1:15 PM, countressrascal said:

The ones that are there for something other than annoying for jesus-build schools, medical clinics then staff them. Help dig wells, install solar power for villages, help develop micro businesses etc. something that benefits the people. I do know that there is a network of missionaries there who help each other out when an emergency arises, I don't know if John is part of the network due to his ego.

I know that missionaries in foreign countries who are backed by a large church body (Southern Baptist, United Methodist, etc.) usually have a plan in place with the large church body in the case of an emergency, political or civil upheaval, whatever. That's what comes with being part of a larger organization. As we know John and family don't have a backup with a contingency plan in place, because John's ego won't tolerate it. 

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some emergency situation and the other missionaries got together to help Esther and the children, leaving John's ass out to dry. Would serve him right. 

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/6/2016 at 2:15 PM, countressrascal said:

The ones that are there for something other than annoying for jesus-build schools, medical clinics then staff them. Help dig wells, install solar power for villages, help develop micro businesses etc. something that benefits the people. I do know that there is a network of missionaries there who help each other out when an emergency arises, I don't know if John is part of the network due to his ego.

For freak's sake, hon, PLEASE get your head out of your behind or something!  AWL they really needz is Jebus! (And my apologies to FJ readers who try and follow the rather difficult ways of that leader.)

Never mind about little tiny things like "easily accessible water", or "OK sanitary conditions", or "ability to help make one HELL of a nice cash crop to sell to silly Westerners" (e.g., think nyger thistle to feed North American finches, at a per-pound price that is obscene and where a pound of birdie feed will easily bring enough money to buy 5 pounds of rice, or lentils, or whatever is good).

28 minutes ago, samira_catlover said:

For freak's sake, hon, PLEASE get your head out of your behind or something!  AWL they really needz is Jebus! (And my apologies to FJ readers who try and follow the rather difficult ways of that leader.)

Never mind about little tiny things like "easily accessible water", or "OK sanitary conditions", or "ability to help make one HELL of a nice cash crop to sell to silly Westerners" (e.g., think nyger thistle to feed North American finches, at a per-pound price that is obscene and where a pound of birdie feed will easily bring enough money to buy 5 pounds of rice, or lentils, or whatever is good).

How much adult beverages have you had tonight?

Don't ask about my input, and I will return the favor.:tw_smile:

FWIW, I have *absolutely* no problems with people raising cash crops to please Westerners. Heck, if you can grow X stuff and sell it for totally obscene amounts of money, and then use that money to buy staple foodstuffs, hey, GO for it!

(And I would really LOVE to set up microbanks to support local crafts and industries, and to put a whole lot of power into the hands of women.)

On 4/6/2016 at 4:36 PM, formergothardite said:

John just posted a quote about how Baptist are the original Christians and they have existed from the very days of Christ. Baptist, of course, have never ever persecuted anyone. :pb_rollseyes:

so fascinating. could someone more familiar with this claim elaborate? what is the basis for it? do all baptists believe this? this certainly does not align with the version of church history i am familiar with. 

31 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

so fascinating. could someone more familiar with this claim elaborate? what is the basis for it? do all baptists believe this? this certainly does not align with the version of church history i am familiar with. 

No. Not all Baptists believe this. As a matter of fact this is the first time I've heard it and I was raised Southern Baptist.

6 minutes ago, EmiGirl said:

No. Not all Baptists believe this. As a matter of fact this is the first time I've heard it and I was raised Southern Baptist.

Ditto. I have heard that a certain strain of Baptists do believe this but forgot the name.

Seems brought to us by Spurgeon.

Spurgeon origin of Baptists.jpg

1 hour ago, picklepizzas said:

Their imagination and desire to be super special snowflakes for God? I grew up hearing this, but the evidence is pretty vague. 

2 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Seems brought to us by Spurgeon.

Spurgeon origin of Baptists.jpg

That's some major bullhocky right there. 

18 hours ago, EmiGirl said:

Evidently this jackass believes that the Bible was inspired in English. 

I am assuming that you are referring to this article he posted on facebook:

http://www.kjbresearchcouncil.com/Pages/Articles/Inspiration.htm

The article is quite something, especially this part:

When I realize that the method of Bible teaching practiced by the professors of Bob Jones University and Detroit Baptist Theological Seminary is to go verse by verse and say “a better translation would be. . . ,” I understand that they are pseudo-scholars. The least of the Kings James translators was a greater scholar than any of them.

I'm pretty dang sure that they do go through the texts translating but using more modern versions of the vocabulary and after a lot of study on different meanings of the ancient words used. I don't know how one would translate without going through verse by verse, passage by passage.

19 hours ago, EmiGirl said:

Evidently this jackass believes that the Bible was inspired in English.

Speaking of jackasses, I was interested in this quote in the article:

“Inspiration” took place when God dictated His words to a person or even through an animal (Balaam’s donkey).  Does anyone know what this reference means?  Imagine, dictating words through an animal.  My cat tells me she would never stoop to being dictated to.

32 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

Speaking of jackasses, I was interested in this quote in the article:

“Inspiration” took place when God dictated His words to a person or even through an animal (Balaam’s donkey).  Does anyone know what this reference means?  Imagine, dictating words through an animal.  My cat tells me she would never stoop to being dictated to.

They're saying that God spoke the words directly to the person or animal and they conveyed it to the rest of us.

Balaam's Donkey is a story from the Bible. 

Numbers 22:21-39

21 Balaam got up in the morning, saddled his donkey and went with the Moabite officials. 22 But God was very angry when he went, and the angel of the Lord stood in the road to oppose him. Balaam was riding on his donkey, and his two servants were with him. 23 When the donkey saw the angel of the Lord standing in the road with a drawn sword in his hand, it turned off the road into a field. Balaam beat it to get it back on the road.

24 Then the angel of the Lord stood in a narrow path through the vineyards, with walls on both sides. 25 When the donkey saw the angel of the Lord, it pressed close to the wall, crushing Balaam’s foot against it. So he beat the donkey again.

26 Then the angel of the Lord moved on ahead and stood in a narrow place where there was no room to turn, either to the right or to the left.27 When the donkey saw the angel of the Lord, it lay down under Balaam, and he was angry and beat it with his staff. 28 Then the Lord opened the donkey’s mouth, and it said to Balaam, “What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times?”

29 Balaam answered the donkey, “You have made a fool of me! If only I had a sword in my hand, I would kill you right now.”

30 The donkey said to Balaam, “Am I not your own donkey, which you have always ridden, to this day? Have I been in the habit of doing this to you?”

“No,” he said.

31 Then the Lord opened Balaam’s eyes, and he saw the angel of the Lordstanding in the road with his sword drawn. So he bowed low and fell facedown.

32 The angel of the Lord asked him, “Why have you beaten your donkey these three times? I have come here to oppose you because your path is a reckless one before me.[a] 33 The donkey saw me and turned away from me these three times. If it had not turned away, I would certainly have killed you by now, but I would have spared it.”

34 Balaam said to the angel of the Lord, “I have sinned. I did not realize you were standing in the road to oppose me. Now if you are displeased, I will go back.”

35 The angel of the Lord said to Balaam, “Go with the men, but speak only what I tell you.” So Balaam went with Balak’s officials.

36 When Balak heard that Balaam was coming, he went out to meet him at the Moabite town on the Arnon border, at the edge of his territory.37 Balak said to Balaam, “Did I not send you an urgent summons? Why didn’t you come to me? Am I really not able to reward you?”

38 “Well, I have come to you now,” Balaam replied. “But I can’t say whatever I please. I must speak only what God puts in my mouth.”

39 Then Balaam went with Balak to Kiriath Huzoth.

5 minutes ago, Ali said:

Balaam answered the donkey,

It's been many years since I have looked at these verses.  I love reading these tales with adult eyes.  The animal speaks, and Balaam apparently thinks nothing of it.  And then his eyes were opened.  Thank you for posting this.

God used a jackass to speak to Balaam, who was behaving like a jackass.

Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor?

I really don't understand the fundie attachment to the KJV. It wasn't the first English bible translation, and they didn't even translate from the original Greek. Plus it wouldn't even exist if it weren't for the manipulations of these governments that Sooper Speshul Biblical Believing Baptists claim to be above :my_huh:

2 hours ago, slickcat79 said:

I really don't understand the fundie attachment to the KJV. It wasn't the first English bible translation, and they didn't even translate from the original Greek. Plus it wouldn't even exist if it weren't for the manipulations of these governments that Sooper Speshul Biblical Believing Baptists claim to be above :my_huh:

First, thank you to @Gimme a Free RV for the jackass joke.  I am just emerging from a terrible head cold, and it was the first laugh I've had in a week.  :my_biggrin:

As to the KJV, the farther we get from Shakespeare's era, the less understandable it becomes to a wide audience.  In the instance of Jackass John Shrader, as far as his Facebook sharings go, he seems to rely on various filters of scripture (i.e., Tozer, Spurgeon, random internet posters) rather than quoting directly from the KJV or other translation.  I think the topic of biblical translation is an interesting one when you throw in the politics that went into the final published product.

PS:  Hope this makes sense - I am still under the influence of cough syrup.

16 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

It's been many years since I have looked at these verses.  I love reading these tales with adult eyes.  The animal speaks, and Balaam apparently thinks nothing of it.  And then his eyes were opened.  Thank you for posting this.

OMG, me, too. I started giggling when I read that, actually.  I might still be.   

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

John's arch nemesis David Rea has now made his FB page public! Instead of converting Christians to Christianity, he has opted to attempt to convert Muslims to Christianity. He hasn't shown any sign of the plane either. :(

https://www.facebook.com/reas.tozambia?fref=ts

Have you friended him?  That FB page looks locked down to me. 

Trying to convert Muslims might be more difficult than converting Christians to Christianity.  How is the print ministry doing?

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

John's arch nemesis David Rea has now made his FB page public! Instead of converting Christians to Christianity, he has opted to attempt to convert Muslims to Christianity. He hasn't shown any sign of the plane either. :(

https://www.facebook.com/reas.tozambia?fref=ts

Ugh, why can't these people just leave everyone else alone? No one needs to convert anyone to anything!!! Help them get jobs or farms or diplomas, but stop trying to convert people to your own weird little oddly-specific denomination. :angry-cussingblack::angry-soapbox: 

On 4/9/2016 at 0:18 PM, libriatrix said:

Ditto. I have heard that a certain strain of Baptists do believe this but forgot the name.

Is that the Trail of Blood types?  James Carroll.  I looked it up once and it seemed total fiction.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived