IGNORED

John Shrader: Lyin' King - Part 7

Boogalou

This is what appointing yourself as a missionary and not having to answer to an organization or any type of on-the-field oversight does.  He isn't required to get off his rump and learn the language because he's his own boss.  Apparently, he wasn't listening to God ask him to relate to these people in their own language.  Let's take his friend "Blessing" for a moment.  Blessing apparently studied in the states and returned to Zambia.  From his FB account, it seems that Blessing speaks English, the local language, and French...at least.  Doesn't John realize the risk he takes at relying on an interpreter to ALWAYS convey what he's trying to preach?  (Or maybe, God is gracious enough to protect the people from what John is trying to preach and allows these interpreters to convey the actual gospel instead of legalistic rantings.)

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least SBC missionaries are requires to go to language school and be fluent in the language of the people they're going to be ministering to. 

I have big issues with these people who just decide to be missionaries and get random churches to give them money.

While John has talked about the scary riots in Zambia, David Rea pointed out that what goes on in Zambia really isn't anymore scary than what goes on in America and that there is a double standard where things in Africa are just viewed as "scary" even if worse things are happening in America.

But then David has to be a major jerk and talk trash about the Muslims where were nice to him. 

Things the 'tolerant' Muslims (who denounce ISIS) have told me

I would love to know why these guys aren't viewed as tolerant, while David, who wants to do away with anyone who doesn't believe like him is viewed as tolerant. Bet David would like that question.

They say: Christians do not have the right to own or interpret the Bible 

Yes, Muslims do read and study the Bible David and they are correct, Christians have no right to tells Muslims that they can't own or interpret the Bible.

Remember Muslims are allowed to lie to you to gain your favor and to show that they are a peaceful, tolerant people.

People like David and John are just so awful. So, so awful. From reading between the lines of David's rants against Muslims in Zambia, he is struggling because they are sharing a lot of his beliefs. He seemed frustrated when he tried to start a Bible debate and they agreed with him about being KJV only, except they interpret the Bible differently. He has just decided that it is pointless trying to convert them. So it seems like he is going to go try to convert Christians to being Christian because converting another religion is just too damn hard. David and John are really, really lazy missionaries and would have made a great team. 

How about The At-Odds Couple

or

The Big KJV Theory

or

Friends--NOT

or

All in the Missionary Family

And then, just because it fits him so well and I can't ignore the irony:

John Schrader's Flying Circus

**cue giant cartoon foot to squash John**

19 hours ago, MayMay1123 said:

Speaking English with a Zambian accent totally counts ya know...

Exactly what I was about to say! :lol:

Whooo needs longuage skoool wheen I kahn tok like thees?  Beesides, eet mehks everybohdee smile!

18 hours ago, formergothardite said:

While John has talked about the scary riots in Zambia, David Rea pointed out that what goes on in Zambia really isn't anymore scary than what goes on in America and that there is a double standard where things in Africa are just viewed as "scary" even if worse things are happening in America.

But then David has to be a major jerk and talk trash about the Muslims where were nice to him. 

I would love to know why these guys aren't viewed as tolerant, while David, who wants to do away with anyone who doesn't believe like him is viewed as tolerant. Bet David would like that question.

Yes, Muslims do read and study the Bible David and they are correct, Christians have no right to tells Muslims that they can't own or interpret the Bible.

People like David and John are just so awful. So, so awful. From reading between the lines of David's rants against Muslims in Zambia, he is struggling because they are sharing a lot of his beliefs. He seemed frustrated when he tried to start a Bible debate and they agreed with him about being KJV only, except they interpret the Bible differently. He has just decided that it is pointless trying to convert them. So it seems like he is going to go try to convert Christians to being Christian because converting another religion is just too damn hard. David and John are really, really lazy missionaries and would have made a great team. 

I think Rea is just as terrible in his beliefs as Shrader.  He just looks good because any fake missionary* looks better when compared to John Shrader.

Score -  David Rea: 0  Home team Muslims: 500 

*On second thought, Jill R. does give Shrader a run for his money in the worst possible missionary stakes, but at least she isn't pestering people in Africa and hasn't taken her unvaxxed kids to Zambia.

Oh, my!  Can you imagine Jill as a missionary in Zambia?

And here is a picture of these dear, precious little black African children standing next to our children.  SQUEEEEE...aren't they PRECIOUSSSSSS!  And they speak ENGLISH!!!  It's so adorable!  Sadly, many of their parents don't have a KJV Bible in the home and the mothers wear clothing that isn't entirely modest as they OPENLY breastfeed their darling little black babies.

Here is a picture of me with a black African mother of 10 children..all born here in the country of AFRICA!!!  I only have two more children than she does! ...smile...  Even though I am normal with my fair skin and fake blonde hair and my friend is SEVERELY black, I hope we can become sisters in Christ and that I can disciple her to become a helpmeet and a keeper of her poor, pitiful, smelly, little home.  I could also do wonders with her hair and a can of hairspray.

Oh, my!  Can you imagine Jill as a missionary in Zambia?

And here is a picture of these dear, precious little black African children standing next to our children.  SQUEEEEE...aren't they PRECIOUSSSSSS!  And they speak ENGLISH!!!  It's so adorable!  Sadly, many of their parents don't have a KJV Bible in the home and the mothers wear clothing that isn't entirely modest as they OPENLY breastfeed their darling little black babies.

Here is a picture of me with a black African mother of 10 children..all born here in the country of AFRICA!!!  I only have two more children than she does! ...smile...  Even though I am normal with my fair skin and fake blonde hair and my friend is SEVERELY black, I hope we can become sisters in Christ and that I can disciple her to become a helpmeet and a keeper of her poor, pitiful, smelly, little home.  I could also do wonders with her hair and a can of hairspray.

(deaded)

5 minutes ago, genever said:

(deaded)

Jillerized.  Severely.

39 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I think Rea is just as terrible in his beliefs as Shrader.  He just looks good because any fake missionary* looks better when compared to John Shrader.

John makes anyone look good*! All any missionary has to do is not speak in a fake accent and they are doing better than John. 

I'm just amused that Rea was all "Going to Africa to save souls from hell!" but the second there was one tiny little bump in the road he decided that it would be pointless to try to save those souls from hell. They can just burn because it would take too much effort on his part.  I grew up(and I'm sure you did too) hearing stories about missionaries who spent years and years working with other cultures and trying to form a connection so they could share the gospel, so David with his whining about how he tried once and it didn't work just makes me roll my eyes. How can churches not see how worthless these two are?! 

*except for Jill. She and John are two peas in a pod. 

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

John makes anyone look good*! All any missionary has to do is not speak in a fake accent and they are doing better than John. 

I'm just amused that Rea was all "Going to Africa to save souls from hell!" but the second there was one tiny little bump in the road he decided that it would be pointless to try to save those souls from hell. They can just burn because it would take too much effort on his part.  I grew up(and I'm sure you did too) hearing stories about missionaries who spent years and years working with other cultures and trying to form a connection so they could share the gospel, so David with his whining about how he tried once and it didn't work just makes me roll my eyes. How can churches not see how worthless these two are?! 

*except for Jill. She and John are two peas in a pod. 

I think it must be a shock to him to find relatively well-educated men who are close to his own age, who have studied his holy book as well as their own. There's really nothing more he can do except stomp his feet and whine that his interpretation is DEFINITELY the right one. There's a reason John targets young men with troubled backgrounds...easier for him to play his role of Great White Hope.

John posted a picture of some of his children, but it was only to show that they were studying for his Bible Quiz on Saturday. No real updates on the family

57 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

John posted a picture of some of his children, but it was only to show that they were studying for his Bible Quiz on Saturday. No real updates on the family

Their sofa is 10 times better that PP & Zsu

John posted an update that he had a video chat with members of a Hispanic Baptist church in Texas. Any by chat he means that he preached at them over the internet. In English, of course, so he had to have a translator. It seems like he might have roped them into supporting him because he says how "humbling"(I'm not sure he knows the definition of that word) it is that he got to be the first missionary for this church. 

He also wants people to know that he totally wants to do more video chats preaching. Think we could get him to come chat with us? :laughing-jumpingpurple:

Video preaching...from the comfort of his own home, while chomping on sunflower seeds and sipping ice tea--'cause he's got a freezer and internet access, y'all! (And a wife who apparently does all the work around the house...)

John I-Love-the-Sound-of-My-Own-Voice Shrader

or, for the Zambians:

Joon Ahye-Luv-de-Sund-ahv-Mahye-Oon-Vwice Shrader

If he starts video-preaching to the Hispanic church in a Hispanic accent...

Spoiler

:FURIEUS:

How insane is it that he went to Zambia and ended up video preaching to people in Texas. He could have just stayed in Texas to do this. Is there nothing to do in Zambia? Nothing at all he can do with all this spare time he apparently has? 

Well...  He can make memes, give his opinions that no one wants, eat, drive around in his SUV, think about ways to grift and way to annoy the Kafue-ians, get his wife pregnant over and over and over, eat, sleep, feign sickness, pose for pictures he posts on FB, hate on Rhea, enjoy cold drinks with ice cubes, eat, worship Tozer's writings, listen to the sound of his own fake-accent voice, eat, think of things he NEEDS (freezer, iPads, Bible display case, sunflower seeds) and, well, there's always eating.

If John were not fundie, what would he be doing with his life?

My guess is he would be living in his parents' basement, playing video games, smoking weed and chowing down on those sunflower seeds he loves so much.

John would figure out some other way to grift and feel superior to everyone else. The mission field just makes it easy for him. 

Rea posted pictures of his children. He got them a puppy and they are chasing each other around the house playing. From the house pictures there looks to be homeschool supplies. So it appears that Rea will at least attempt to educate his children. I'm not sure the Shrader kids are getting taught at all. 

John has posted his take on Donald Trump's success on his Facebook page.  It's probably the first time I've been able to read through one of his posts without severe eyerolling.  OK, there was *some* eyerolling (i.e., music is the devil), but it was interesting to read a little about his and Esther's wayward siblings.

God's people fill Facebook with positive comments about popular movies such as Star Wars (a series is creator George Lucas readily admits was filled with New Age teaching and philosophy), and argue about morality issues that God's Word condemns as abomination.

You know he secretly like Star Wars. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

I've watched, for example, in one generation, my own siblings and my wife's siblings abandon Biblical Truth, much like the Children of Israel did. Every one of them embraced worldly music first, whether so-called "Christian" or otherwise.

I bet he makes family events lots of fun. I think John is probably a bit jealous of his brothers. John can't even get his sending church to stick with him and they look like they are living full lives.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived