IGNORED

John Shrader: Lyin' King - Part 7

Boogalou

I'd noticed that too.  Well, unless they are slaughtering snakes with Dad.  I hope they are OK.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

John's sister had a horrendous prognosis.  I can understand her looking at all and any options.

Have we noticed any of the Shrader kids turning blue yet?  

Because colloidal silver is so much better than vaccinations ...

I can totally understand her desperate attempt to find any kind of option to live longer and have more time with her daughter.

What is the matter with colloidal silver and kids might turning blue? Sorry, if this was already covered. I just started to fall back down into the John Shrader rabbit hole.

3 minutes ago, ophelia said:

I can totally understand her desperate attempt to find any kind of option to live longer and have more time with her daughter.

What is the matter with colloidal silver and kids might turning blue? Sorry, if this was already covered. I just started to fall back down into the John Shrader rabbit hole.

Well, MMV on colloidal silver, but I think it's total quackery.  Quackery that has unfortunately made a comeback recently among more crunchy-granola types.  It was used a lot pre-antibiotics as an antibacterial agent and in nose drops, but over-use causes a disfiguring condition called argyria where people turn shades of grey and blue.

There is a woman called Rosemary Jacobs who has written about her condition a lot.  It is sad.

10 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Well, MMV on colloidal silver, but I think it's total quackery.  Quackery that has unfortunately made a comeback recently among more crunchy-granola types.  It was used a lot pre-antibiotics as an antibacterial agent and in nose drops, but over-use causes a disfiguring condition called argyria where people turn shades of grey and blue.

There is a woman called Rosemary Jacobs who has written about her condition a lot.  It is sad.

Thank you, @Palimpsest. I think I have to dig a little bit deeper though. I think I've heard one of my crunchy friends talk about it a while back!

On 3/19/2016 at 3:35 PM, SunnySideUp said:

I also remember something she posted about every tooth being connected to an organ and the tooth that connected to the spot of her cancer (was it liver? Pancreas? I forget) had a crown that contained Mercury so she got that removed because it had caused her cancer.

Isn't that literally one of the stupid things Europeans did in the middle ages? I would look it up but my internet it out and doing research by phone is horrible.

1 hour ago, Shoobydoo said:

Isn't that literally one of the stupid things Europeans did in the middle ages?

You mean when modern day Americans ancestors were still living in Europe? ;) 

Just now, laPapessaGiovanna said:

You mean when modern day Americans ancestors were still living in Europe?

Yes, actually. Middle age Europeans ARE my ancestors. They did a lot if really bizarre things while trying to figure out medicine, a subject which I actually find quite fascinating. That's not to say that Europeans NOW do that. 

11 minutes ago, Shoobydoo said:

Yes, actually. Middle age Europeans ARE my ancestors. They did a lot if really bizarre things while trying to figure out medicine, a subject which I actually find quite fascinating. That's not to say that Europeans NOW do that. 

Sorry I just couldn't resist joking a bit :D 

Just now, laPapessaGiovanna said:

Sorry I just couldn't resist joking a bit :D 

No, no you're fine! My phone didn't display the smiley so I misread the tone of your lost. I hope I wasn't too snippy. :my_smile:

Also because I like shilling for my favorite podcast, if you are interested is hilariously bad medicine, go listen to Sawbones: A Marital Tour of Misguided Medicine. It's the best.

Medieval medicine (if you can call it medicine!) is really really creepy and crazy. And it took a very long time until things like basic hygiene were even considered. Even into the late 19th century it was a sign of an experienced and well proven surgeon to enter an OR in a dirty, bloody gown and apron.

On 3/10/2016 at 5:25 PM, FloraKitty35 said:

I just checked out John's latest post about prophet from the Church of Zion who charged some lions to prove God's power.  The lions nearly killed the guy.  I included a link to the story below.  

http://thesoutherndaily.co.za/index.php/2016/03/07/prophet-attacks-lion-to-prove-gods-power-nearly-killed-saved-by-game-rangers/

But seriously, that DID show God's power, just not in the way the prophet thought it should.  

Apparently there was some major ass chewing -- God loves a good metaphor. 

23 minutes ago, Howl said:

But seriously, that DID show God's power, just not in the way the prophet thought it should.  

Apparently there was some major ass chewing -- God loves a good metaphor. 

Brava! I do wish I'd said that.

John is boasting about converting another person from Christianity to Christianity.  Apparently some poor sucker called Edson was baptized yesterday.  His testimony is up on John's FB.

I do have to agree with him about Joel Osteen.

Has he seriously not published a newsletter since last Fall? Even JillRod does better than that!

I'm glad that the Shraderlings got to see their grandparents, but damn if there aren't a million different and better ways to spend a congregation's money than sending Daddy Rick and Mrs. Daddy Rick to Zambia. And it still annoys me how Rick enables John. 

Overall I find Rick's writing very hard to understand. He even misspelled "chapel", which you'd think a pastor would be really good at. Now John's new shed church plant is the Sarah Shrader Waller Memorial Fund Chaple, which I guess sounds better than the alternative. Plus God is totes answering John's prayers by allowing Rick to catch a big tiger fish on their campout. Not that he was praying because they needed food or anything, they just wanted Papaw to be able to catch a big fish :pb_rollseyes:

In other news, Joel Osteen is a charlatan because he is too self-centered and greedy. Hypocrisy, thy name is John Shrader.

ETA: Not that I disagree about Osteen, but you also have to consider the source.

38 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

John is boasting about converting another person from Christianity to Christianity.  Apparently some poor sucker called Edson was baptized yesterday.  His testimony is up on John's FB.

Gotta dunk 'em while Daddy's there, so Daddy can take pictures and video back home to Texas to show the church that John is showing off working.

"Looky, Daddy!  Looky!  I got a convert!!!  See????  Look, Daddy, LOOK!  Did I do good, Daddy?  Huh?  Did I?  Did you see me?  See?!!!  I'm baptizing heathens!  Did you see that?  Look!"

images.jpg.349280b99ea3758411b2bde5ff3c8

Disclaimer:  This is not a picture of John.

(Sung to the tune "I'm a Little Teapot")

I'm a missionary.  Got no clout.

My accent is keen and my faith is devout.

When I get all steamed up, hear me shout:

YOUR FAITH IS WRONG, WITHOUT A DOUBT!

Muddin' in my 4-wheel I'm so cool.

"I" built a church with a baptismal pool.

When I'm feelin' righteous, hear me shout:

AYE NO DE TROOTH WEETHOUT A DOWT!

Zambians all love me, I'm smart and white.

I help them see their lost-souls' plight.

When I read my Bible, hear me shout:

"LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR!" (But David Rhea's out.)

There's a special airplane you can't see.

I am a pilot without the key.

When I finally find it, then I'll shout:

LOOK OUT HEATHENS, I'M ON YOUR ROUTE!

Interesting things to observe in the pictures John recently posted on his altar of worship...I mean, Facebook:

In the Church of the Covered Concrete, the pews are wood planks supported by cinder blocks.  I don't have a problem with the humble seating or the church that has only a floor and a roof.  Nope.  Doesn't bother me in the least.  

What bothers me is, in comparison, the sound system John apparently thinks he needs (each of those baptized had a microphone thrust in his/her face), the accordion  (doubtless worth a pretty penny), and the expensive camera set up on the tripod.  Granted, the camera set up might belong to Daddy Shrader who is recording the John Shrader Show for the pocketbooks back home.

Speaking of which, to put on an effective show for the camera if you're John, you have your family wear their African costumes and you put on a ridiculous dress shirt and tie under yours, you play the accordion, you save up all your baptisms for one service, and you probably put on your very best fake Zambian accent to complement your touristy African shirt so your faithful financiers will think you've fully acclimated to the culture.

So, to the innocent, gullible supporters in Katy, Texas, thank you for providing a sound system, an electronic keyboard (or maybe it belonged to a local), the Trooper that got stuck in the mud that's been giving Mom and Dad Schrader tours, oh, and the African clothes that John was probably duped into overpaying for.

Hope John paid top dollar for his African clothes. Hope they WERE NOT given for free. Hope a Zambian tailor profited.

so appreciate that these photos captured his tiny daughter wearing an even tinier child on her back. 

I am a huge fan of babaywearing, but she does not look comfortable. Poor thing!

I can't quite tell how clean that water is in the baptismal pool from the angle. It does not seem clean to me.

We were not sure the baptismal had a drain, and if not it will be hard to get and keep it clean 

10 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

so appreciate that these photos captured his tiny daughter wearing an even tinier child on her back. 

I was thinking the same thing.

Of course, it's totally the daughter's  fault. :pb_rollseyes: She started wearing a baby doll on her back and when her parents saw it, they went, "Awww, how cute. .  .  .  .HEYYYYYY...."

10 hours ago, Ali said:

I can't quite tell how clean that water is in the baptismal pool from the angle. It does not seem clean to me.

John:  "Eeet eees duhrty frum theee seeens ov awl thees new beeleevuhrs."

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived