IGNORED

Priss and Pecan: Texas Gleanin' - Part 2

Boogalou

15 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

David Waller is a MAN.  A MANLY MAN made to do MAN things.  He can't be seen doing WOMEN's work like childcare!!  He's a RED BLOODED AMERICAN MALE who only does MAN work and MAN things like put together a festive cowboy ensemble.  

I couldn't resist....

village-people-cowboy-costume.jpg

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

David Waller is a MAN.  A MANLY MAN made to do MAN things.  He can't be seen doing WOMEN's work like childcare!!  He's a RED BLOODED AMERICAN MALE who only does MAN work and MAN things like put together a festive cowboy ensemble.  

Shirt neatly tucked in, of course.

2 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Is she holding BOTH children while he stands there like a doofy Roy Rogers?  I do need new glasses but was hopeful he could take ONE child seeing as she's pregnant and all.  :horse:  :cow::pizza:

Let's see...he took Priscilla to Australia, when it was summer there (blistering hot) and she was around 7 months pregnant with Paul.  They're leaving soon on a "Family Connections" tour of the US and a few cities in Canada that should take months to complete.  And she's due in October.

1 minute ago, Dandruff said:

Let's see...he took Priscilla to Australia, when it was summer there (blistering hot) and she was around 7 months pregnant with Paul.  They're leaving soon on a "Family Connections" tour of the US and a few cities in Canada that should take months to complete.  And she's due in October.

That's horrible!!  Didn't know they went to Australia when she was that far along. That an ass!!  

7 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Cowboy Davy now edges out Waterskiing in a suit Davy as my new favorite Davy. I think I shall call him Pecan Pete:

Do Davia's boots come in big people size? Usually I'm not big on pink stuff, but sweet lord those are adorable.

I must say, that David has a lot of brawn.

It is soo very hard to contain my jealousy!!

:my_heart: ::someone may have to hold me back:: :my_heart:

In fact, I just had to write a poem about this silly-sassafras couple. I posted it in the 2016 Rapturversary, in the Poetry Slam, Round 2 thread! Please check it out! I posted my poem very late, so I hope everyone has a chance to read it!  :anyone: Thanks!

12 hours ago, Dandruff said:

IIRC, they were in Australia long enough where Pris was close to her due date when they returned.   I can't imagine have to endure a long haul flight while being in the late stages of pregnancy.  I hope for her sake they didn't fly coach but they probably did.

What's with PT that he doesn't think anything of hauling around his pregnant wife, now this time with two kids, on a trip that will end close to her due date?    PT comes across as someone who happily but cluelessly skips about his merry way while Pris dutifully trudges along, kids in tow.

5 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

IIRC, they were in Australia long enough where Pris was close to her due date when they returned.   I can't imagine have to endure a long haul flight while being in the late stages of pregnancy.  I hope for her sake they didn't fly coach but they probably did.

What's with PT that he doesn't think anything of hauling around his pregnant wife, now this time with two kids, on a trip that will end close to her due date?    PT comes across as someone who happily but cluelessly skips about his merry way while Pris dutifully trudges along, kids in tow.

I am surprised that she was able to fly that far along. I had a friend who had her sister, an OBGYN accompany her to Japan when she was 7 months along because the Airline wouldn't allow her to fly that pregnant for liability reasons, unless she got a doctor's note and flew with a doctor. 

It was for good reason. Her little guy was born in Japan one month later.

18 hours ago, Local Gorilla said:

I must say, that David has a lot of brawn.

It is soo very hard to contain my jealousy!!

:my_heart: ::someone may have to hold me back:: :my_heart:

In fact, I just had to write a poem about this silly-sassafras couple. I posted it in the 2016 Rapturversary, in the Poetry Slam, Round 2 thread! Please check it out! I posted my poem very late, so I hope everyone has a chance to read it!  :anyone: Thanks!

Gorilla, just seeing how high up Mr. Pecan's pants ride over his waist might cool your jets a bit...

On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 5:57 PM, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Is she holding BOTH children while he stands there like a doofy Roy Rogers?  I do need new glasses but was hopeful he could take ONE child seeing as she's pregnant and all.  :horse:  :cow::pizza:

You don't understand, he is busy posing.

I still can't help but literally spit venom at the fact they named that poor girl Davia. The ego knows no bounds. Even JimBob didn't name is girls Jamina or Jem or Jamie. Like. I can't help but think she's really called Davida. 

14 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

They were also on the "Family Connections" tour up until a couple of weeks before Davia was born. Pris commented on a video right before giving birth that she was praying for the baby to "stay right where she is" (thus giving away the gender that was supposed to be kept secret until TLC broadcast the gender reveal party) while riding around in an RV through the mountains and such. 

She's a physically fit and strong woman, I'll give her that. She's been marinated in Kool Aid though. Wonder if any of her sisters or friends have ever told her that it's ok to tell TFDW to go spend some time at the nearest MANLY MAN rodeo the next time he suggests a very long road tour while she's in her last trimester. 

2 hours ago, NotAnIncubator said:

I still can't help but literally spit venom at the fact they named that poor girl Davia. The ego knows no bounds. Even JimBob didn't name is girls Jamina or Jem or Jamie. Like. I can't help but think she's really called Davida. 

However, he does have two sons with the name James and two with Robert, not to mention that the whole hoard is named with his initials.  I wouldn't want to call it on who has the bigger ego when it comes to those two.

4 hours ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

Wonder if any of her sisters or friends have ever told her that it's ok to tell TFDW to go spend some time at the nearest MANLY MAN rodeo the next time he suggests a very long road tour while she's in her last trimester. 

You mean Anna stand by your molesting cheating Smuggar?

Or Esther just had an unspecified birth in Africa, with questionable medical back up? 

35 minutes ago, imokit said:

You mean Anna stand by your molesting cheating Smuggar?

Or Esther just had an unspecified birth in Africa, with questionable medical back up? 

Touché. 

13 hours ago, devoe364 said:

I am surprised that she was able to fly that far along. I had a friend who had her sister, an OBGYN accompany her to Japan when she was 7 months along because the Airline wouldn't allow her to fly that pregnant for liability reasons, unless she got a doctor's note and flew with a doctor. 

It was for good reason. Her little guy was born in Japan one month later.

It's also an immigration thing, though Pris would probably get a pass in Australia because, well, blonde hair and blue eyes and white skin get you pretty darn far in this fucked up world of ours (though Australia no longer has unconditional birthright citizenship).

On 6/13/2016 at 6:16 PM, Georgiana said:

Festive, yet chic!

3 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

It's also an immigration thing, though Pris would probably get a pass in Australia because, well, blonde hair and blue eyes and white skin get you pretty darn far in this fucked up world of ours (though Australia no longer has unconditional birthright citizenship).

Yeah - my friend was able to travel because she met a number of conditions, and Japan also does not have unconditional citizenship, so her son is a Canadian citizen born abroad. He doesn't have a Canadian birth cerificate however, he instead has a Canadian Citizenship Certificate (I didn't bring this up in the adoption thread lol)

One of my exs and all of his siblings were born in Mexico. They have a Canadian Citizenship Certificate. Theirs however would expire (they are grandfathered under old laws) so they have to come to Canada, work here a year and pay taxes before they turn 27 in order to retain his Canadian citizenship.

I was thinking about something last night (yes, this is what I do before I fall asleep, think about fundies) – Pecan Thief and Mrs. Thief always talk about being best friends. Other fundies do it as well. I find it really absurd. Let's assume they actually believe they are best friends. Friendship is by definition an egalitarian relationship. How can you say that your wife is your best friend if you see her as innately inferior and expect her obedience and submission? How can you say that your husband is your best friend if you see him as innately superior and accept him as your headship and authority? You can’t be best friends with someone you don’t see as an equal. They can have a friendly relationship but they can’t possibly be best friends.

4 hours ago, CatNap said:

I was thinking about something last night (yes, this is what I do before I fall asleep, think about fundies) – 

That makes me laugh. Is it sleep inducing?

Just now, Kak said:

That makes me laugh. Is it sleep inducing?

:56247958035f1_32(18):I wish. Unfortunately, it's quite the opposite. These fundies make me so angry when I think about how damaging their hateful and ignorant way of life (by choice!) is, especially for women and children, and how I wish I could have rescued some of them. I need to get a life.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 5:57 PM, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Am I the only one disappointed to not see a bolo? And a fringe jacket?

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 6:33 PM, snarkysuki1724 said:

I couldn't resist....

village-people-cowboy-costume.jpg

Don't read this while drinking something. That is all. 

4 hours ago, CatNap said:

You can’t be best friends with someone you don’t see as an equal. They can have a friendly relationship but they can’t possibly be best friends.

Oh no, of course they can! it's quite easy; you just need to have your cake and eat it too! ;)

1 hour ago, libriatrix said:

Oh no, of course they can! it's quite easy; you just need to have your cake and eat it too! ;)

This whole "my husband/wife is my best friend" business with fundies is always amusing to me. As far as I'm aware of, it generally takes a period of time to become best friends w/someone (or at least know them very well; I know the time period varies, of course). It's the concept of an s/o magically becoming their best friend as soon as they cross paths that makes me (cynically) smile.

Not that I don't believe in real, romantic love, of course, but love + fundies are always an interesting (for lack of a better description) combination.

For me the whole Davy and Pris "Putting in the new toilet seat is so much fun with your best friend" crap gets old really fast. EVERY friggin post has something about those two being "best friends". It seems so corny, contrived and insincere. Like most couples consider their partner to be their best friend, duh. You don't have to point it out every five seconds. Hell, he even brought it up right after their wedding, just before making a big deal about finally kissing a girl "on the lips". 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived