IGNORED

Priss and Pecan: Texas Gleanin' - Part 2

Boogalou

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

How do you pronounce Bobye? I'm hard-wired to read it like Bob-yay. Like if Bob Barker and Kanye West became a power couple.

IIRC, they just say Bobby. No idea what's up with the stupid spelling.

(Someone correct me if I'm misremembering.)

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My husband didn't know the topic of this thread, so I thought his reaction to the above picture of Tayte and Martha was priceless. I called his attention to their picture, mostly for the beautiful background. Living in the desert, I am enthralled with anything lush and green.

He asked what was up with the "handsy" brother, and I laughed and told him it's OK, they are married. He looked at me in horror until I said, "They aren't brother and sister!" He really had thought they were siblings, as the resemblance is so striking.

• 2 weeks later...

The Pecan Thieves were in my neck of the woods, and I had no idea they were here. TFTI, Pecan.

Anna will probably be pregnant sometime in 2017. I don't know when Priscilla is due, but I think she'll have her third in 2017 too. Think how regretful Anna must be, thinking of her fundie sister's "perfect" marriage when she has the maroon who has cheated on her. The Wallers may visit them or Josh and Anna will, and I hope there will be no photos taken.

On 7/29/2016 at 0:37 PM, samurai_sarah said:

David Waller walked through a pecan plantation and thought it was okay to "glean" the pecans on the ground. Police was called on him for theft. That's the short of it. :)

But the cherry on top of that sundae was that he "gleaned" those stolen pecans into a Bible Bee tote bag!  He was a Bible Bee judge! :laughing-rofl:

3 hours ago, season of life said:

I don't know when Priscilla is due, but I think she'll have her third in 2017 too.

Priscilla's 3rd is due in October 2016.

They posted a video some weeks back saying they had an ultrasound but decided to wait to find out the sex.  I'm guessing this is a new way for them to prove to Jesus that they have great self-control.  They had found out the sex and announced about midway through the pregnancies with their first two kids.

They should post a video of them wearing tye-dyed shirts to keep everyone guessing (until the baby's born). I personally think that it'd be a funny thing to do, but for all I know tye-dyed shirts could be ebil & defrauding. :P 

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

They posted a video some weeks back saying they had an ultrasound but decided to wait to find out the sex.  I'm guessing this is a new way for them to prove to Jesus that they have great self-control.  They had found out the sex and announced about midway through the pregnancies with their first two kids.

I'm actually very surprised most fundies don't wait until birth to find out the sex. It seems sooo fundie. Then they would wait longer to find out the sex than to actually have sex before marriage (most courtships and engagements in these groups don't even last 9 months!)

It just seems like something all of them would enjoy being smug about. And in Jesus's time, no one knew the sex beforehand! So they are being like everyone in the bible *eyeroll*

On 7/29/2016 at 1:55 PM, Buzzard said:

Find the thread here.  Its much better when you can see all of his edits

I'm in a helpful mood.  The original discussion, including the snark on Pecan Thiefs edits, starts here.  Good times!

(You might have to scroll past a few posts finishing off huge battle over body shaming before you get to the pecan discussion.)

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'm actually very surprised most fundies don't wait until birth to find out the sex. It seems sooo fundie.

You'd think, but the importance of enforcing gender roles as early as possible outweighs the importance of being smarmy old-timey folks.

Some wait till birth to find out the gender like the Maxwell's. I think they feel all of their children are boys till they come out as girls. 

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

I'm in a helpful mood.  The original discussion, including the snark on Pecan Thiefs edits, starts here.  Good times!

This is the gift that keeps on giving! Thanks for the quick link, from all of us who've read it already but can never get enough of it.

I would expect them to wait for the big reveal, since it plays into the idea that God controls everything, down to their private parts. But I guess they didn't want to wait with Paul or Davia. 

1 hour ago, libriatrix said:

This is the gift that keeps on giving! Thanks for the quick link, from all of us who've read it already but can never get enough of it.

You are welcome.  David's unbelievable embellishment of the story and the photo of him mugging for the camera, warning in hand and with his Bible Bee bag positively stuffed with stolen pecans, never fails to make me howl with laughter.  Poor Priscilla.

"I had a caution."  No, David, dearie.  You are a caution! 

3 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

You'd think, but the importance of enforcing gender roles as early as possible outweighs the importance of being smarmy old-timey folks.

Of course! What was I thinking? I bet they draw little pink bows on the ultrasound pictures if its a girl.

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

You are welcome.  David's unbelievable embellishment of the story and the photo of him mugging for the camera, warning in hand and with his Bible Bee bag positively stuffed with stolen pecans, never fails to make me howl with laughter.  Poor Priscilla.

"I had a caution."  No, David, dearie.  You are a caution! 

David Waller is a parody unto himself.

20 hours ago, Bethella said:

Priscilla's 3rd is due in October 2016.

I can't believe she's not further along, I feel like she's been pregnant forever.

Many parents want to know the sex of the baby so they can purchase items in certain colors, since there aren't many gender-neutral colors available anymore.  Since they already have one of each, they probably have most of the necessary clothes and big-ticket items, so they don't need many more items that are colorful - they may need diapers, bottles, etc., but those don't usually try to differentiate by gender.  Since they may just not need any gender-specific items, they may be trying to build interest by making people wait to find out the sex of the baby.

1 hour ago, crawfishgirl said:

they may be trying to build interest by making people wait to find out the sex of the baby.

In a nutshell.

Although I think they will have a jinder reveal or co-ed baby shower at some point.  David just won't be able to resist the opportunity put on and to star in another show.

1 hour ago, wikinggirl said:

I can't believe she's not further along, I feel like she's been pregnant forever.

She probably does too.  They've been touring the US and parts of Canada, with two small children, doing family conferences.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived