IGNORED

Priss and Pecan: Texas Gleanin' - Part 2

Boogalou

5 minutes ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

Yes, this wedding was on 19 Kids. Not in its entirety, but there are some hilarious moments that made the show but not the wedding video. The episode was titled "Duggars Down the Aisle" and is totally worth the $1.99 I paid Google. 

First off, they talk about how awesome David Waller is. The J'Slaves gush over "David Waller" (not David or Dave, always "David Waller") and what a Godly man he is. Then they make it down to Florida, where TFDW is telling anyone who will listen about how people from five continents have been invited to this world-shaking event. Note the banner on the wall of the gym/fellowship hall - it has big ass photos of Prissy and TFDW, in case the guests can't remember who the bride and groom are. 

The day before the wedding they do a rehearsal and of course Anna is all upset because Pris scheduled the wedding time to occur during Mac's nap time. Because the world revolves around Anna. So Mac is throwing a hissy fit while TFDW and Prissy practice their roles on the altar. David's voice is beyond creepy as he explains exactly what he is going to do to Prissy the next day. 

The magical day of the Royal couple rolls around, and TFDW is leaping out of his glittery tap shoes in excitement. Why? He tells the camera that this will be the first time he gets to see Prissy in her white dress! Yes, he says that. The Duggar kids are playing their violins for the pre ceremony music. Seriously, why do the Duggars need to be involved in everything?  Mac is still Pitching a fit, so one of the J'Slaves has to carry the kid down the aisle. Michelle says it's so sweet and such a wonderful testimony to see the "girls" (bridesmaids) carrying Bibles. 

The wedding occurs, we are spared the singing and Gothard. The couple is finally married, Rose petals fall from the ceiling while they kiss. They walk out of the sanctuary into the lobby, and the camera gets right in the couple's faces, which is where TFDW announces to the viewers "This is the first time I got to kiss a woman. On the lips!!!". Yes, it is even creepier than it sounds

Like I said, more than worth the $1.99.

Oh my god the rose petals. I forgot to snark about the rose petals. I'm sure D&P thought it was wonderfully romantic, but I'd say that the main upside of them was that they partially obscured the sight of David devouring Priscilla's face.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/11/2016 at 10:50 PM, Exjw2015deed said:

I am not okay. I feel I've been personally victimized by that wedding. From gothard, to director pecan thief. It was all very odd. I demand YouTube to put a viewer discretion warning before that video. 

I stopped 45 minutes in.

@Exjw2015deed, If you can handle about three more minutes of it, take a deep breathe, and fast-forward to the end of the video. When they're in the parking lot, and David is pulling shrink wrap off the car, Josh and Anna are in the background. Josh felt it necessary to change into a tee-shirt and jeans, while everyone else remained in wedding attire.  Look at Anna's body language (folded arms), when Josh takes off and runs around the outskirts of the car. Knowing him, I'm sure he had a grand show stealer planned, but backed off at the last minute for some reason. After the attention seeking stunt he pulled, dipping and kissing Anna as the wedding party was leaving the stage, there is no telling what he had planned.  What an ego.

2 hours ago, ALM7 said:

@Exjw2015deed, If you can handle about three more minutes of it, take a deep breathe, and fast-forward to the end of the video. When they're in the parking lot, and David is pulling shrink wrap off the car, Josh and Anna are in the background. Josh felt it necessary to change into a tee-shirt and jeans, while everyone else remained in wedding attire.  Look at Anna's body language (folded arms), when Josh takes off and runs around the outskirts of the car. Knowing him, I'm sure he had a grand show stealer planned, but backed off at the last minute for some reason. After the attention seeking stunt he pulled, dipping and kissing Anna as the wedding party was leaving the stage, there is no telling what he had planned.  What an ego.

Didn't Josh and Anna publicly kiss at Jill and/or Jessa's weddings too?  It seems like the guy can't let a couple have their day withhout kissing Anna.

4 hours ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

Yes, this wedding was on 19 Kids. Not in its entirety, but there are some hilarious moments that made the show but not the wedding video. The episode was titled "Duggars Down the Aisle" and is totally worth the $1.99 I paid Google. 

First off, they talk about how awesome David Waller is. The J'Slaves gush over "David Waller" (not David or Dave, always "David Waller") and what a Godly man he is. Then they make it down to Florida, where TFDW is telling anyone who will listen about how people from five continents have been invited to this world-shaking event. Note the banner on the wall of the gym/fellowship hall - it has big ass photos of Prissy and TFDW, in case the guests can't remember who the bride and groom are. 

The day before the wedding they do a rehearsal and of course Anna is all upset because Pris scheduled the wedding time to occur during Mac's nap time. Because the world revolves around Anna. So Mac is throwing a hissy fit while TFDW and Prissy practice their roles on the altar. David's voice is beyond creepy as he explains exactly what he is going to do to Prissy the next day. 

The magical day of the Royal couple rolls around, and TFDW is leaping out of his glittery tap shoes in excitement. Why? He tells the camera that this will be the first time he gets to see Prissy in her white dress! Yes, he says that. The Duggar kids are playing their violins for the pre ceremony music. Seriously, why do the Duggars need to be involved in everything?  Mac is still Pitching a fit, so one of the J'Slaves has to carry the kid down the aisle. Michelle says it's so sweet and such a wonderful testimony to see the "girls" (bridesmaids) carrying Bibles. 

The wedding occurs, we are spared the singing and Gothard. The couple is finally married, Rose petals fall from the ceiling while they kiss. They walk out of the sanctuary into the lobby, and the camera gets right in the couple's faces, which is where TFDW announces to the viewers "This is the first time I got to kiss a woman. On the lips!!!". Yes, it is even creepier than it sounds

Like I said, more than worth the $1.99.

Useless trivial: 

1) Brandon Keilen is in the ep as the designer of the big ass photo.

2) Chad Paine is also shown, I can't remember what his role was; maybe photographer or some kind of coordinator. 

12 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

(Toddlers and Tiaras was a guilty pleasure of mine).  There was one fabulous dad on the show (married to a Russian? wife) who was more into pageants than his daughter.

In another world, I can totally see TFDW as a pageant dad. 

There was also another Toddlers and Tiarars type show (I think Little Miss Perfect) where the pageant director was this creepy gay guy who sang to the little girls at every pageant.  Yeah I can easily see TFDW in that role.

I think you may be my true reality TV love. I loved the child beauty pageant shows. I remember Little Miss Perfect as well... lol

22 hours ago, devoe364 said:

As mentioned, I think TFDW married her because she could get him on TV. He wants his own show because of ego - I truly believe he thinks that no one can promote the brand better than he can.

IIRC, his parents forced him to marry.  My guess is that Priscilla, who I think was already working at headquarters, was convenient.

1 hour ago, gustava said:

IIRC, his parents forced him to marry.  My guess is that Priscilla, who I think was already working at headquarters, was convenient.

I think Josh and Anna's marriage elevated the Kellers from a little known family to ATI royalty.  (Watch one of the youngest Keller boys end up with a Bates girl).  TFDW was/is Bill Gothard's right hand man (hence the long speech at the wedding).  

I am convinced that if not for Josh and Anna, TFDW would not have married Priscilla.  

3 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Didn't Josh and Anna publicly kiss at Jill and/or Jessa's weddings too?  It seems like the guy can't let a couple have their day withhout kissing Anna.

Yes - apparently the Turd thinks it's clever to do this at family weddings, but it's tacky and stupid. Like the tradition of trashing the getaway car. 

He learned from the best, his folks. Wait until his kids start courting and he humps Anna in front of them while chaperoning their dates! He's got to show how Godly it is to be married, even though we all know the emperor has no clothes.

17 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

I think Josh and Anna's marriage elevated the Kellers from a little known family to ATI royalty.  (Watch one of the youngest Keller boys end up with a Bates girl).  TFDW was/is Bill Gothard's right hand man (hence the long speech at the wedding).  

I am convinced that if not for Josh and Anna, TFDW would not have married Priscilla.  

So much this! Anna's younger brothers are good looking boys. I can see a match with a Bates. Especially if Anna continues to be as "Godly" as she has been. 

Other man is displaying ownership of woman.  Me must show that me also own woman.

13 hours ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

Yes - apparently the Turd thinks it's clever to do this at family weddings, but it's tacky and stupid. Like the tradition of trashing the getaway car.

So, so tacky. But really its the only 'fun' they're all allowed to get up to, no one can drink or at the very least dance. I cannot imagine how boring those wedding receptions are (probably nearly as tedious as the ceremonies).

I've never listened to Bill Gothard speak before now, and I wish my curiosity hadn't gotten the better of me. It's 2 AM, and I can't believe what I'm fucking hearing.

Expectations kill relationships? I don't think so. I think it's a sign of a healthy, functioning relationship to expect that your spouse won't be a complete asshole and will do nice things for you.

There's that Helpmeet word that I never quite understand, but it just sounds outlandish coming from him.

"Kick him out of the house periodically to go be with God." Well, we know Anna was listening to that one. Turd got kicked out and had to go to Jesus Jail to go be with God. But then what he goes on to say about being a successful Helpmeet in order for your husband to be successful... It's no wonder what the women of this cult are so damn brainwashed.

I was half expecting a ravenous round of applause when he was done speaking. Fuck, I almost started to applaud because he was finally done. What a boring ten minutes of your wedding, ten minutes of my life that I'll never get back.

I can't believe TLC was there filming and he was fucking there speaking. Really makes me wonder just how much the good folks at TLC know about the cult.

"Expectations ruin relationships" is literally the only nugget I have ever found to be useful advice out of the Duggar show. I suppose I probably took it differently than they meant it. I took it as it's better to let your SO show their appreciation in their own way than to expect certain things and end up disappointed. I'm not sure how to explain what I mean here. I used to expect grand displays of my idea of a romantic gesture from Mr. D. He is not that type of person. It just doesn't occur to him. If I tell him what I want, he'll happily do it. I felt like if I told him, then it didn't count. If I expected a romantic surprise and he didn't do it, I would be irritated with him and he would have no idea why he was in trouble. I couldn't really get righteously angry at him because it's not like he did anything wrong. Does that make sense? I actually went looking for someone else that had said it, because it bothered me that it came from the Duggars. 

43 minutes ago, daisyd681 said:

"Expectations ruin relationships" is literally the only nugget I have ever found to be useful advice out of the Duggar show. I suppose I probably took it differently than they meant it. I took it as it's better to let your SO show their appreciation in their own way than to expect certain things and end up disappointed.

That's the way I heard it and that makes sense.  I'm not sure how to interpret the Gothardized version.  If you're always expecting something your way and it isn't your spouse's way to do that, then you're going to get unreasonably resentful and it still isn't your spouse's fault. 

So someone on PTV said that a friend saw TFDW in person and said he's about 5'6.  

Nothing against shorter guys, but it seems TFDW might have a Napoleon complex (which I see).

On May 12, 2016 at 4:03 AM, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

David's voice is beyond creepy as he explains exactly what he is going to do to Prissy the next day. 

Yikes! First of all, I need a family pack of brain bleach now and secondly I want to throw up. Poor Prissy.....

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:42 AM, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

A gentle prank is fine (so long as it's not destructive). But the level of shenanigans that they get to is just mind-blowing to me & completely psychotic.

3 minutes ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

A gentle prank is fine (so long as it's not destructive). But the level of shenanigans that they get to is just mind-blowing to me & completely psychotic.

I actually think JD is worse than Josh when it came to trashing the car.

He put sardines in Erin and Chad's getaway car.

! He's got to show how Godly it is to be married, even though we all know the emperor has no clothes.

He has demonstrated time and time again that the emperor has no scruples, either.

4 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

So someone on PTV said that a friend saw TFDW in person and said he's about 5'6.  

Nothing against shorter guys, but it seems TFDW might have a Napoleon complex (which I see).

Ooh, that's Ryan Seacrest size—which I know for a fact because I stood five feet away from him while he was filming some thing and we were the exact same height. Draw your own conclusions.

On 5/13/2016 at 0:58 PM, LadyCrow1313 said:

I agree completely. I can't ever imagine doing that to someone's car on their wedding day. Maybe put a few balloons in the drivers seat, but the way the Duggars do it... Well, if it were my wedding and someone did it, I would be pissed and probably wouldn't speak to whoever as behind it again.

On 5/13/2016 at 1:03 PM, 19 cats and counting said:

He put sardines in Erin and Chad's getaway car.

What ticked me off the worst about that is that JD said he felt "handcuffed" because Chad had the good sense to get a rental car instead of his own, presumably to keep shenanigans like hooking the brake pedal to the horn from happening.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived