IGNORED

Priss and Pecan: Texas Gleanin' - Part 2

Boogalou

It rhymes!

They made it to Texas and are renovating a house with a giant hole in the floor.  Hey, at least it's not illegal.

From here: 

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prissy and Pecan Thief - they are truly the gift that we can keep on gleaning from...

And I still think that Smuggar might be hanging out in Big Sandy, helping TFDW with the house "as guys" (as TFDW likes to caption happenings). It would be a convenient place to lay low while using his hands for good and not evil, and enjoying "sweet fellowship" with his cult member friends and family. 

I didn't get the rhyme for a minute, them remembered that "pecan" can be PEE-can, pi-CON, PEE-kin, pi-CAN, and several others.

I did that quiz you all did back on the previous thread, thinking it would be interesting, because I'm Australian and wondered where in the US would be the closest approximation to our accent. And it wouldn't give me an answer. It said it had an error.

I think my Aussie drawl confused it :(

I just took the quiz. Pretty much spot-on for me; it says I sound like I'm from New Jersey, which is close to where I'm from, and my mom is from New Jersey.

I do like being in the UK when people try to guess what part of the States I'm from, though; so far I've gotten New York (close), California (nope), and Florida (well, I spend a lot of time in Florida due to family).

They have a new post up. Ted Cruz is the man, blah blah blah.

All I really want to say here is that Davia is one of the cutest toddlers I've ever seen. THAT FACE!

I just took the quiz. Pretty much spot-on for me; it says I sound like I'm from New Jersey, which is close to where I'm from, and my mom is from New Jersey.

I do like being in the UK when people try to guess what part of the States I'm from, though; so far I've gotten New York (close), California (nope), and Florida (well, I spend a lot of time in Florida due to family).

Those are pretty much the only states a lot of Brits have traveled to as well

Read their latest post. I'm glad to see that Suzanna was visiting the family also. For a second I thought she was Anna. 

I can't resist taking that dialect quiz every time it's posted. And then I always get perturbed when it places me in North Carolina and Georgia, instead of in my home state of South Carolina. My accent and dialect is kind of a funky mix between my Mom's Lowcountry drawl and my Dad's Appalachian twang, so I guess that's the result.

It's nice that Suzanna is visiting the family, one can only hope the poor girl is treated warmly despite her heathen single mom ways.

They went to visit the Kellers in Florida. Suze and Noelle are living with Mike and Suzette again.

@Screamapillar, maybe the quiz can't handle us South Carolina girls!  I never get anything closer than Alabama.  My mother was from here in the Upstate, my dad was from south central Kentucky and I personally tend to be all over the place -not much accent and a vocabulary that's weird.   The quiz put me in Alabama/Mississippi because I pronounce the first syllable in lawyer "law".

14 minutes ago, halcionne said:

They went to visit the Kellers in Florida. Suze and Noelle are living with Mike and Suzette again.

Really? I hope that her dad is treating her well and doesn't make her feel guilty.

18 minutes ago, halcionne said:

Didn't realize she was back living with her parents. Thanks for the information. 

22 minutes ago, Luisainlondon1 said:

Really? I hope that her dad is treating her well and doesn't make her feel guilty.

She looks good, and she's wearing pants. I wonder if she's working and saving to be on her own. Or maybe she is on her own, and came to see Pris.

3wL8moh.jpg

Are you sure she's living with her parents? Her latest boyfriend lives in the same town as the parents. All the pics are still up on her FB (and his).

I'm surprised the Kellers aren't shunning Suze, then again they seem a-okay with one of their daughters staying married to a child molester and cheat.

15 hours ago, DaffyDill said:

I did that quiz you all did back on the previous thread, thinking it would be interesting, because I'm Australian and wondered where in the US would be the closest approximation to our accent. And it wouldn't give me an answer. It said it had an error.

I think my Aussie drawl confused it :(

LOL - I'm Canadian (Northwest Canada), and the quiz thought I was from Santa Ana, California... My (also Western Canadian) co-worker's results showed her to be from Boston, and my mostly Scandinavian mother somehow pulled a Texas result.... that said, lots of our answers didn't seem to register as being common anywhere in the US, so it may have just latched onto a couple of key points and judged based on those answers. 

Dear American FJers: Does this result make me a valley girl? If so, I may have to work on my inflections... ;)

Paul and Davia are just adorable.  They also seem genuinely happy vs. smiling because they were taught to.

Looks like Ma Keller really enjoys Dove bars.

4 hours ago, Sweet Fellowship said:

I'm surprised the Kellers aren't shunning Suze, then again they seem a-okay with one of their daughters staying married to a child molester and cheat.

Yeah but in that situation I'm pretty sure they view Suze as the bigger offender.

Have we spoken about how she's expecting again.  Paul just turned 3, so it seems like Priscilla is spacing them pretty regular at 18months apart.

I do like how positive they were about Suze and Noelle though.  They didn't have to include them, but it was nice they did.

2 hours ago, Chicken bones said:

No news really.to bump this with, just thought I'd pass.on the wonders in East Texas scientific thought.... (good lord how the hell did a reputable news outlet like wfaa carry this drivel??!)

http://www.wfaa.com/mb/news/local/texas-news/tyler-man-says-he-found-fossils-from-noahs-flood/85789428

I just can't anymore.  These people...  seriously?  Remnants of Noahs Ark... in Texas... Not in the middle east where pretty much the entire Bible took place?  OK.  I guess any made up garbage is newsworthy now

1 hour ago, imokit said:

Have we spoken about how she's expecting again.  Paul just turned 3, so it seems like Priscilla is spacing them pretty regular at 18months apart.

I do like how positive they were about Suze and Noelle though.  They didn't have to include them, but it was nice they did.

I'm pretty sure I remember a post from them a long time ago that referred to visiting Priscilla's brother (the one who left).  Putting the snark aside, they do seem like nice people.  Of course they might be trying to bring the "strays" back into the fold, but I could also see them eventually - if temporarily - agreeing to disagree.

Paul and Davia are about 20 months apart.  If Priscilla has the baby this summer, it will be about the same gap.  Another bundle of total cuteness, I'm sure.

3 hours ago, Chicken bones said:

No news really.to bump this with, just thought I'd pass.on the wonders in East Texas scientific thought.... (good lord how the hell did a reputable news outlet like wfaa carry this drivel??!)

http://www.wfaa.com/mb/news/local/texas-news/tyler-man-says-he-found-fossils-from-noahs-flood/85789428

Good grief!  What a maroon!  Why assume that some fossils you find in your yard are from the Deluge? And why would it be weird to find fossils from the "Flood" in your yard if this flood covered the entire earth?  What kind of fossil "expert" can proclaim that these fossils are from the flood anyway?  Not a fossil expert I'd trust, that's for damn sure!   It's too bad that this guy who was so interested in dinosaurs as a kid didn't become interested in actual paleontology as an adult.

My mom found some similar fossils when she was a student at Berea.  She never thought they were from the flood and never taught us to think so either.  They weren't snails btw.  

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived