IGNORED

Priss and Pecan: Texas Gleanin' - Part 2

Boogalou

I don't think the Gothard types know what a best friend is.  They are told all their childhoods that their siblings are their best friends and then are probably told when they get married that their spouses are their best friends.  They probably don't have the same definition that we do or just say that because it's what they've been told is the way it is. 

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm fairly sure there's a Wisdom Booklet that specifically state, "spouse=best friend".  It doesn't matter if the other party is as intelligent as your average gnat or has a nasty temper when they've been on the turps(not that Gothardites deink,but that's not the point). Beat friend is defined that way in the manual so that's just the way it is.

23 hours ago, CatNap said:

I was thinking about something last night (yes, this is what I do before I fall asleep, think about fundies) – Pecan Thief and Mrs. Thief always talk about being best friends. Other fundies do it as well. I find it really absurd. Let's assume they actually believe they are best friends. Friendship is by definition an egalitarian relationship. How can you say that your wife is your best friend if you see her as innately inferior and expect her obedience and submission? How can you say that your husband is your best friend if you see him as innately superior and accept him as your headship and authority? You can’t be best friends with someone you don’t see as an equal. They can have a friendly relationship but they can’t possibly be best friends.

Sure they can, as long as they don't have any other friends.

It seems like a meaningless concept if you do the never alone while courting and whirlwind engagement once daddy approves of his theology  thing.

You can't possibly be even "friends" right after the wedding with someone who you barely spoke twice with before your marriage.

15 hours ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

Hell, he even brought it up right after their wedding, just before making a big deal about finally kissing a girl "on the lips". 

I guess it's different from kissing a boy on the lips.

16 hours ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

Hell, he even brought it up right after their wedding, just before making a big deal about finally kissing a girl "on the lips". 

Where else, then, has he "kissed a girl"? Oh wait, never mind.  :brainbleach:

I remember the episode when Pris & DW got married and when they exited the church, he was exclaiming "I just married my best friend"!   I couldn't help but think a few things, like how long had they known each other?  It also made me wonder if he ever had a lot of close friends growing up.  But basically, I think he was trying to make a point in that "We courted, therefore we became good friends" (unlike everyone else that supposedly marries blindly and for sex only) (*cough*Jessa*cough*)

A hard cringe at this 'lock and key to my heart' Father's Day craft from their Instagram 

39 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

A hard cringe at this 'lock and key to my heart' Father's Day craft from their Instagram 

This is just disgusting. This little girl is how old? Why does that have to be the emphasis of her young life RIGHT NOW?

On 18 June 2016 at 1:52 AM, MatthewDuggar said:

I remember the episode when Pris & DW got married and when they exited the church, he was exclaiming "I just married my best friend"!   I couldn't help but think a few things, like how long had they known each other?  It also made me wonder if he ever had a lot of close friends growing up.  But basically, I think he was trying to make a point in that "We courted, therefore we became good friends" (unlike everyone else that supposedly marries blindly and for sex only) (*cough*Jessa*cough*)

I think Davey's best friend is Robert ;-)

I watch these young fundie kids, and think to myself "dear god, please let them break the cycle."

At times I feel hopeless; so I turn to Davia Waller and all her horrified facial expressions and see that she gets it. There is hope, she is fully awoken already. 

#freedavia image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

Davia is so adorable with her grumpy little face. She's the Angry Olivia of the Wallers and I love it. 

11 hours ago, princessmahina said:

Davia is so adorable with her grumpy little face. She's the Angry Olivia of the Wallers and I love it. 

She is so cute.  I hope her grumpy little face will be not replaced with that blank keeping sweet look when she gets older.  Run Davina!

I forgot they were having a third child. So they got married in 2012, had Paul in 2013, Davia in 2014, and the third baby will make an appearance in 2016. At least there's a little space between Davia and the third Waller?

46 minutes ago, PsyD2013 said:

She is so cute.  I hope her grumpy little face will be not replaced with that blank keeping sweet look when she gets older.  Run Davina!

FREE DAVIA!!!

9 hours ago, season of life said:

I forgot they were having a third child. So they got married in 2012, had Paul in 2013, Davia in 2014, and the third baby will make an appearance in 2016. At least there's a little space between Davia and the third Waller?

She's very much following Anna's pattern of babies, so a baby every other year from now on. I suspect Waller Baby #4 won't show up until 2018, at least. 

On 6/28/2016 at 2:04 AM, princessmahina said:

It is unfortunate for a kid with a "grumpy resting face" to be born into a culture where the only acceptable facial expression is an overenthusiastic smile.

6 hours ago, jas said:

It is unfortunate for a kid with a "grumpy resting face" to be born into a culture where the only acceptable facial expression is an overenthusiastic smile.

I'd have been doomed if I'd been born into that culture. My resting facial expression is so grumpy I actually scare little kids sometimes. :pb_lol:  I just look angry all the time. I consciously try to arrange my expression as pleasantly as I can when I'm with other people, which is really almost impossible to maintain for more than a minute, and I probably look awkward as hell doing it. :pb_confused:

6 hours ago, jas said:

A bit, yeah. But hopefully her grump is indicative of a strong spirit. 

I assume at one point, Josh and Anna will visit Priscilla and her husband, especially since she will have her 3rd child. Talk about awkward.

16 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

A bit, yeah. But hopefully her grump is indicative of a strong spirit. 

Yes, I hope so. The poor kid will need all her strength :( Don't they see a non-joyful face as a sign of rebellion? 

When you have a Strong Spirit in that way life you either go three  ways: get it pummled out of you till you just have no shine  like Jana, direct to being to most fervent know it all Fundy  you can be like Jessa  or  Leave/ get booted  like LIAS Deanna. Seems the second choice is the most common.  

1 hour ago, season of life said:

I assume at one point, Josh and Anna will visit Priscilla and her husband, especially since she will have her 3rd child. Talk about awkward.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall during that visit!

I doubt there's much hope for rebellion.  Between David and Priscilla seeming to be cheerful ALL the time, and the anticipated quality of their homeschool education (School of the Pecan Grove), I just can't imagine a break-out.

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

I'd have been doomed if I'd been born into that culture. My resting facial expression is so grumpy I actually scare little kids sometimes. :pb_lol:  I just look angry all the time. I consciously try to arrange my expression as pleasantly as I can when I'm with other people, which is really almost impossible to maintain for more than a minute, and I probably look awkward as hell doing it. :pb_confused:

This reminds me of one time that I'd been perusing things in a local Job Lots store (it's a discount item store, for those that may not know). I remember feeling sad/depressed that day, & my facial expression wasn't exactly happy. Another customer commented to me about my lack of a smile, so I gave him what I call shark's grin (all teeth, no further expression). He left me alone after that. ;) 

2 hours ago, Dandruff said:

(School of the Pecan Grove)

Love it!!

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived