IGNORED

Priss and Pecan: Texas Gleanin' - Part 2

Boogalou

Isn't it high time the rest  of the ATI Oak Brook crowd (Staddons, Keilens) move on down to Big Sandy? The article in the Longview Texas paper back in January said that the personnel move would be finished in "4 or 5 months"

Where are my sweet fellowship BBQs with David & Cil & all their buds?

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Isn't it high time the rest  of the ATI Oak Brook crowd (Staddons, Keilens) move on down to Big Sandy? The article in the Longview Texas paper back in January said that the personnel move would be finished in "4 or 5 months"

Where are my sweet fellowship BBQs with David & Cil & all their buds?

Hey, they're on "Duggar Time"! Or maybe they are taking a page from the "Late Bates". I'm sure they aren't exactly the most efficient organization. Maybe they're also waiting until the fall. I know I would not want to move to Texas in the middle of summer.

On 5/31/2016 at 5:55 AM, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

I love to antognize these people sometimes. Lol my favorite is when they ask "What would happen if you had been aborted?"

I snicker and say, "Uh duh I wouldn't exist and therfore never be missed." 

Also, the page admin was on yourside?! Dang, your winning!:dramallama-nanner:

Someone once said "What if Lily Potter had aborted Harry?"

Then fucking Hermione would have saved everyone. Read the books, dumbass.

I also saw a person talking about how Justin Bieber's mom thought about aborting him, and all I could think was "wait, you're using this to argue AGAINST abortion?"

4 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Someone once said "What if Lily Potter had aborted Harry?"

Then fucking Hermione would have saved everyone. Read the books, dumbass.

Neville would have been the Chosen One. He almost was anyway. 

For that matter, what if Merope Gaunt had an abortion (or, you know, didn't use someone else's body against their will in the first place)? Could have saved a lot of lives...

5 hours ago, slickcat79 said:

Neville would have been the Chosen One. He almost was anyway. 

For that matter, what if Merope Gaunt had an abortion (or, you know, didn't use someone else's body against their will in the first place)? Could have saved a lot of lives...

That's am interesting one what would have happened if Merope hadn't raped someone?  Or if the child born of rape had been loved and cared for properly? 

I accidentally posted this in a wrong thread so I am copy and pasting it here and adding more.

The reason Tom Riddle was evil was because be was conceived under the affects of a lotion potion/spell. It was because of that he had no ability to have love or empathy and that was ultimately the most powerful magic that Harry and everyone in the Order and the school children had against them, love is it's own form of magic. One can argue that trying to control the actions of others is the ultimate cause of all the destruction that came from Tom Riddle. Maybe perhaps we shouldn't try to control others with potions, spells, laws to rule over personal choices like abortions and consenting marriages, etc.

The religious shouldn't try to fight the free will and agency that is supposed to be God's gift to man kind. Anything can be spun to support your views if you try hard enough. As confusing as mental gymnastics is, even the simple minded can be highly skilled at it. So what if Jesus was aborted? Wouldn't God have found a way if that was his will and he has the power that religion assigns to him. If you want to claim that there is God that has an upper hand in every one's grill then shouldn't you MYOB because you would be fighting his will.

If miscarriages and pregnancies are supposedly his blessing, wouldn't allowing people to makes chouces and mistakes also be his will. There can always be a lesson learned in all of life's experiences if you practice your perspective regardless if you subscribesubscribe to a limiting dogma or not. 

So WWJD, he would MYOB and help those asking and in need of it. I doubt he would be at rallies and voting for anyone who wants to take away free agency of anyone. If Charlie from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia can survive abortion, then arguably Jesus can too. Both stories hold the same amount of truth to me anyways.

I don't think Neville would of made it as the chosen one even if he did survive Voldemort's attack. I am not sure if his parents were tortured and cursed before Voldemort even went after the prophecy chosen one kids. Neville's crippling self conciousiness kept him from being able to prove his own magic ability far longer than the average wizard as a child. His fear of his grandmother also kept him from venturing out as far as he would of needed to in the first year of school. His ruditmentary skill level wouldn't wven be high enough and he didn't have Ron and Hermione as friends and Harry's chosen one status wasn't even a factor in their becoming friends with him so they likely wouldn't of been friends with Neville in the first year if he ended up being the chosen one.

2 hours ago, McDoodleDoodleDoo said:

I accidentally posted this in a wrong thread so I am copy and pasting it here and adding more.

The reason Tom Riddle was evil was because be was conceived under the affects of a lotion potion/spell. It was because of that he had no ability to have love or empathy and that was ultimately the most powerful magic that Harry and everyone in the Order and the school children had against them, love is it's own form of magic. One can argue that trying to control the actions of others is the ultimate cause of all the destruction that came from Tom Riddle. Maybe perhaps we shouldn't try to control others with potions, spells, laws to rule over personal choices like abortions and consenting marriages, etc.

The religious shouldn't try to fight the free will and agency that is supposed to be God's gift to man kind. Anything can be spun to support your views if you try hard enough. As confusing as mental gymnastics is, even the simple minded can be highly skilled at it. So what if Jesus was aborted? Wouldn't God have found a way if that was his will and he has the power that religion assigns to him. If you want to claim that there is God that has an upper hand in every one's grill then shouldn't you MYOB because you would be fighting his will.

If miscarriages and pregnancies are supposedly his blessing, wouldn't allowing people to makes chouces and mistakes also be his will. There can always be a lesson learned in all of life's experiences if you practice your perspective regardless if you subscribesubscribe to a limiting dogma or not. 

So WWJD, he would MYOB and help those asking and in need of it. I doubt he would be at rallies and voting for anyone who wants to take away free agency of anyone. If Charlie from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia can survive abortion, then arguably Jesus can too. Both stories hold the same amount of truth to me anyways.

I don't think Neville would of made it as the chosen one even if he did survive Voldemort's attack. I am not sure if his parents were tortured and cursed before Voldemort even went after the prophecy chosen one kids. Neville's crippling self conciousiness kept him from being able to prove his own magic ability far longer than the average wizard as a child. His fear of his grandmother also kept him from venturing out as far as he would of needed to in the first year of school. His ruditmentary skill level wouldn't wven be high enough and he didn't have Ron and Hermione as friends and Harry's chosen one status wasn't even a factor in their becoming friends with him so they likely wouldn't of been friends with Neville in the first year if he ended up being the chosen one.

I know nothing of Harry Potter (I'm way old), but love the rest of your post.  :pb_smile:

4 hours ago, imokit said:

That's am interesting one what would have happened if Merope hadn't raped someone?  Or if the child born of rape had been loved and cared for properly? 

I was involved in an interesting discussion on FB awhile back about the use of love potions. We wondered why, if the Imperious Curse is considered Unforgiveable, that a love potion wouldn't also be (especially in the way Merope used it). You're not only controlling someone's mind, but potentially sexually assaulting them as well because they're unable to give consent. On the flip side, sending anyone to Azkaban should really be considered cruel and unusual punishment. Plus anyone subjected to it would almost have to come out worse than they went in, and thus more likely to commit further crimes. Wizard justice has problems.

3 hours ago, McDoodleDoodleDoo said:

According to HP wiki, the Longbottoms weren't tortured until after Voldemort killed the Potters and was destroyed. If Harry never existed and Voldemort never went after him, things may have happened in a completely different way. If one or both of Neville's parents had survived, or if they'd been killed outright instead of being tortured into insanity, he might have become a completely different kid. There's no way to know.

1 hour ago, slickcat79 said:

I was involved in an interesting discussion on FB awhile back about the use of love potions. We wondered why, if the Imperious Curse is considered Unforgiveable, that a love potion wouldn't also be (especially in the way Merope used it). You're not only controlling someone's mind, but potentially sexually assaulting them as well because they're unable to give consent. On the flip side, sending anyone to Azkaban should really be considered cruel and unusual punishment. Plus anyone subjected to it would almost have to come out worse than they went in, and thus more likely to commit further crimes. Wizard justice has problems.

According to HP wiki, the Longbottoms weren't tortured until after Voldemort killed the Potters and was destroyed. If Harry never existed and Voldemort never went after him, things may have happened in a completely different way. If one or both of Neville's parents had survived, or if they'd been killed outright instead of being tortured into insanity, he might have become a completely different kid. There's no way to know.

I figured that his parents would of died regardless. Very few people from the original order survived and they only did because he tried to kill Harry before Voldemort and the death eaters got to them. In my reasoning, Neville's fear of  his grandmother, how controlling, and brash she was played a huge role in his personality. It took years for him to come out of his shell so to speak. He couldn't handle the pressure of being able to preform magic as a child from his families pushing and prodding. 

Now I need to reread the series again. I was already contemplating it but this HP talk has me wanting to go over the story again.

Bte thanks for that tid bit I didn't know that info was clarified. I have never checked out the wiki.

On 6/7/2016 at 5:35 PM, McDoodleDoodleDoo said:

So WWJD, he would MYOB and help those asking and in need of it. 

Loved all you wrote, but this was my very favorite part.

And since I now consider myself a Super Snipper, the rest is snipped.

http://davidlovespriscilla.com/2016/06/12/baby-reveal/

Spoiler alert: nothing was revealed. Except that it's a baby.

Highlights of the post include David wearing a cowboy hat, another painful Priscilla video, and David shows that his SOTDRT lesson about quotation marks was the same as Jill R's, when he refers to his own brother and sister as his kids' "uncle" and "aunt". 

Never thought I would find myself agreeing with them but Priscilla reminded all the moms that we are not guaranteed a tomorrow with our children so we should just love and enjoy them every day even if their behaviour does not quite meet our expectations....

1 hour ago, Kak said:

http://davidlovespriscilla.com/2016/06/12/baby-reveal/

Spoiler alert: nothing was revealed. Except that it's a baby.

Highlights of the post include David wearing a cowboy hat, another painful Priscilla video, and David shows that his SOTDRT lesson about quotation marks was the same as Jill R's, when he refers to his own brother and sister as his kids' "uncle" and "aunt". 

You forgot the other highlights: Davia wore leggings as pants (rather than undergarments) to the rodeo, and David wears the same neat casual Fundie uniform when doing messy work like tiling the surround for their fireplace.

1 hour ago, Kak said:

I couldn't help wondering how many other daddies and children under 5 David knocked out of the way to grab the ribbon off the calf's tail and a free pizza once a month for a year.  God is so good - and those other daddies and kids were probably godless heathens anyway.

38 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I couldn't help wondering how many other daddies and children under 5 David knocked out of the way to grab the ribbon off the calf's tail and a free pizza once a month for a year.  God is so good - and those other daddies and kids were probably godless heathens anyway.

And really, kids 6-9 were supposed to be by themselves, so there's a few of them booted out of the way as well.

On 5/15/2016 at 0:47 PM, nastyhobbitses said:

A couple balloons on the car, writing Just Married on the back window, maybe a sprinkling of condoms on the seat: fine, cute, harmless.

But if someone did a Duggar-style car prank at my hypothetical wedding, some Game of Thrones-level shit would go down. At least three deaths depending on who was in on it.

:my bold above:

Flashes of The Red Wedding 

Note of caution... Do NOT trash @nastyhobbitses car!

Cowboy Davy now edges out Waterskiing in a suit Davy as my new favorite Davy. I think I shall call him Pecan Pete:

have to say that Priss looks really cute in that outfit.   

my friend had a car with a sunroof.  during their reception, someone rented a commercial popcorn machine and filled the car with popcorn through the sunroof.  that was a big old mess.   

confession from the prayer closet:  I think crossing the brake line with the horn in the getaway car is kinda funny (probably the only Duggar thing I've ever found funny--back to the prayer closet).   

Say what you want to about David and Prissy, but they make very cute kids.

Davia is one cute toddler.

21 minutes ago, catlady said:

have to say that Priss looks really cute in that outfit.   

my friend had a car with a sunroof.  during their reception, someone rented a commercial popcorn machine and filled the car with popcorn through the sunroof.  that was a big old mess.   

confession from the prayer closet:  I think crossing the brake line with the horn in the getaway car is kinda funny (probably the only Duggar thing I've ever found funny--back to the prayer closet).   

As long as the person doing it knows what they are doing I find it hilarious. That's  one I'd find funny even if it was done to me. I can just picture myself trying to to pee my pants from laughing every time I tried to stop or thought about stopping. Not sure what that says about us, but you can come sit by me.

3 hours ago, uber frau said:

You forgot the other highlights: Davia wore leggings as pants (rather than undergarments) to the rodeo,

I read that as "David wore leggings as pants"...haha!

14 minutes ago, Grace said:

As long as the person doing it knows what they are doing I find it hilarious. That's  one I'd find funny even if it was done to me. I can just picture myself trying to to pee my pants from laughing every time I tried to stop or thought about stopping. Not sure what that says about us, but you can come sit by me.

So long as the person doing it knows the driver can drive around the corner and has the mechanical know-how to uncross those wires in a minute or two it is mildly amusing.  

Otherwise it is dangerous.

Is she holding BOTH children while he stands there like a doofy Roy Rogers?  I do need new glasses but was hopeful he could take ONE child seeing as she's pregnant and all.  :horse:  :cow::pizza:

David Waller is a MAN.  A MANLY MAN made to do MAN things.  He can't be seen doing WOMEN's work like childcare!!  He's a RED BLOODED AMERICAN MALE who only does MAN work and MAN things like put together a festive cowboy ensemble.  

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived