IGNORED

They're back! Counting On is now an official show!

TheSilverTongue

4 minutes ago, SnazzyNazzy said:

I just had a mental picture, of everyone where they are at, helping them pack, incessantly chanting "vámonos, vámonos", with the curmudgeonly grandpapa's saying "no deje que la puerta se golpeó, donde el buen señor ya dividida".

Spanish translation provided by Google Translate.

Holy shit i LOVE it!!!!! I guess that means ass? And i though that my car has lost its virginity was a great translation for my car is broken

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TheSilverTongue said:

Who are these people? The Duggar's have gotten so much well deserved hate in the media I assumed all the watchers were hate-watchers, not fans of their lifestyle. 

It's seems like no matter how boring they make the episodes, enough people tune in to pay the bills. With enough babies. courtships, and marriages, they'll make it to season 2. 

Many of them look/are normal.Most of them loooove the Duggar girls. When Jessa announced her pregnancy a famous youtube star said something like "I know I should hate them, but I love the Duggar sisters. I'm so happy for Jessa!!". The responses, from mostly teenage girls, was "omg I love them too!" :my_confused:

3 minutes ago, Alicja said:

Why can't they just get jobs...

Honestly.  For what I would hire and Duggar and/or Duggar associate to do, I could get my kid to do, for a candy bar instead of a paycheck.

2 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Holy shit i LOVE it!!!!! I guess that means ass? And i though that my car has lost its virginity was a great translation for my car is broken

I just typed in "don't let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya", into google translate, and that's what came up. I don't speak Spanish at all, so I let Google do the butchering for me.

29 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I was just talking to @happy atheist about that.  Pretty sure I signed on to a lifetime of Duggar recaps. I will be there, reisling in hand.

Please (and THANK YOU) keep track of who the advertisers are.  I want to know exactly who to boycott. :argumentative:

As someone mentioned upthread, they don't need more than a few million viewers to be a "successful" show.  Spending time reading Facebook and Instagram comments shows there are PLENTY of people who are perfectly happy to continue watching this rebooted show.  And unfortunately, the Duggars fly enough under the mainstream radar that even Joshley's scandals are old news at this point.  People magazine won't keep covering the same stuff over and over again when they can put Kim and Kanye on the cover, and humanity in general has shown that they don't care much about exposing the evil underbelly and hypocrisy of biblical patriarchy (not when we can condemn every Muslim everywhere in the history of ever while we vote for Donald Trump and wave our Confederate flags). The salacious sex details are old news, and that's all most people cared about anyway (and I bet most of those people never watched the show to begin with).  It is sad but true that we are a small minority--people who are educated about what really underlies the Duggars' belief system, and how damaging it really is.  Most people just don't care about digging deeper into that--they will either watch the show anyway, or never watched it to begin with.

My guess is that the show will do well enough ratings-wise to carry on for several seasons.

The title "Counting On" makes me sick already, because that's what the kids are, just a number.
JBob has the gravy train is up and running again. 

11 minutes ago, Alicja said:

Why can't they just get jobs...

Because they are undereducated and think they are above what their skills would command. Plus, work is for suckers.

I've been a die-hard Duggar/Bates watcher and I don't think i can watch this.  I just can't.  So Buzzard, thanks for taking one for the team!

34 minutes ago, quiverofdoubt said:

same boat here! booze is a must. and my first thought when i read the thread title: 

Hide contents

Well, Shit.

Count me in too guys. I might die of boredom if I try watching without booze - which also wouldn't be good for Baby Raptor.

@Buzzard, on behalf of the Pregnancy Coilition I'd like to offer our most sincere thanks in advance for your recaps. You make this show tolerable for us all. :pb_lol:

10 minutes ago, Piano gal said:

All I can say is at least I'll have snark to read while I'm sitting around recovering from a double mastectomy. :56247958af296_32(20):

Oy vey, I'm sorry you have to go through that!  Best wishes for a good outcome, speedy and painless healing, and a peaceful and healthy recovery.

I knew the Duggars wouldn't be gone for long back when TLC didn't immediately cancel them after the molestation scandal.

Josh will be back, no question. They spent too much time with Anna during the specials for it not too happen. Everybody loves a "redemption" story.

The trailer is so cheesy!!!! The little promo thing where Jessa is cooing at Spurge and then they all rush into her with him, wtf?

THe girls haircuts and make  up look more edgy. I have decided I hate Jessa's bangs...they are too in her eyes, how does she see? or not get poked in the eyeballs?

3 minutes ago, karen77 said:

The trailer is so cheesy!!!! The little promo thing where Jessa is cooing at Spurge and then they all rush into her with him, wtf?

THe girls haircuts and make  up look more edgy. I have decided I hate Jessa's bangs...they are too in her eyes, how does she see? or not get poked in the eyeballs?

Episode 1:  Duggar girls makeover day!  Menfolk chase the littles and they somehow wind up covered in mud.  HILARIOUS!

Just now, karen77 said:

They do look a lot darker and edgier. Joy is rocking the black eyeliner, black dress, black tights, and black shoes. Also I love the almost sultry not smiling look they have. 

Look how touchy feely they look in all the promo shots! They are all huddled together with their arms and hands all over eachother like they're normal siblings. What happened to handshakes and sidehugs for everyone? 

I did notice when they all run and embrace eachother they posed it perfectly so there is no touching between between non-spouses or non-blood relatives. It's still more physical intimacy than I've ever seen from the Duggars. 

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

This is such bullshit.  I have no words... yes I do

NSFW

Reveal hidden contents

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK GODDAMNIT THIS BULLSHIT!

My heart went out to you when I heard the news. You suffer so we don't have to.

Kind of like Jesus?

Just giving you guys a head up, me and my friends did a drinking game to the wedding episode, lets just say we didn't last too long!

It also makes me mad because when that first episode comes back I feel like the ratings are going to go through the roof, shame.

1 minute ago, candygirl200413 said:

Just giving you guys a head up, me and my friends did a drinking game to the wedding episode, lets just say we didn't last too long!

Which wedding, just out of curiosity? :)

Just now, choralcrusader8613 said:

Which wedding, just out of curiosity? :)

I think Jessa's! and then we were going to go watch Josh's but then we didn't make it :lol:

Also just watched the preview, why did they have to have Joy have such a calculated tear?!

29 minutes ago, violynn said:

Oy vey, I'm sorry you have to go through that!  Best wishes for a good outcome, speedy and painless healing, and a peaceful and healthy recovery.

Thank you!!!!

1 hour ago, Screamapillar said:

I'm going to have to skip watching this abomination because I'm pregnant and I can't tolerate watching the Duggars sans wine.

I can't tolerate the Duggars with a fifth of Scotch.

I'm not surprised. I'm not even angry. I am curious how much Anna, M&JB and the younger kids will turn up though. I am also am going to assume there will be some kind of courtship/baby/big news announcement the morning of the first episode, or maybe a day or two before.

It's on at the same time as Flash, so I won't be watching but I doubt there is too much overlap between people who watch Flash and people who will want to watch the Duggars. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived