IGNORED

They're back! Counting On is now an official show!

TheSilverTongue

18 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

This is such bullshit.  I have no words... yes I do

you should probably start your gofundme page for booze now :P You are doing recaps right?

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, OnceUponATime said:

you should probably start your gofundme page for booze now :P You are doing recaps right?

I was just talking to @happy atheist about that.  Pretty sure I signed on to a lifetime of Duggar recaps. I will be there, reisling in hand.

19 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

I'm going to have to skip watching this abomination because I'm pregnant and I can't tolerate watching the Duggars sans wine.

same boat here! booze is a must. and my first thought when i read the thread title: 

Spoiler

Well, Shit.

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

I was just talking to @happy atheist about that.  Pretty sure I signed on to a lifetime of Duggar recaps. I will be there, reisling in hand.

We might need to get you a gift certificate for a winery.

TLC: How dare you bring back the Duggars? You're rewarding a family for covering up abuse, and exploiting the victims of that abuse. You're telling us, that you're not going to have Smugs, Boob and J'Chelle on the show? Yeah, freaking right! The specials with Jill and Jessa were boring. There's no way they'll be able to carry a full series. Enough with the Duggars. Stop rewarding families who cover up abuse. ‪#‎NoExcuseForAbuse‬.

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I think people tuned in to see how they would respond to the trainwreck.  I highly doubt they can maintain an audience for a full season.  No one cares about Bin and Jessa not working, going shopping, or watching J'derick proselytize to catholics. 

I disagree. I read the #JilandJessa on twitter and most of the comments were positive. There were a few people were begging TLC to give the girls a new show. maybe that was just twitter?

I want to know more about what they"ll do for a full season. 

So I guess Bin has a job now!! He is a TV star again!! No worries. Ho ho. He can buy more hats. Such luck. 

So, I wonder if we will see Derrick preaching to the Catholics. I'd pay to see that. It will be hysterical. Sorry for my disrespect to people everywhere. Amazing, all of this. 

WOW.

Assuming this season will be approx. 20 episodes, my predictions are:

• Jboob, DQ, and minor kids will gradually become more and more apparent, but appear from the very beginning.
  • Joshley will make an appearance in a lull around episode 7, and look god-awful.
  • There will be a courtship or baby revelation toward the end of the season.
  • No new babies for JB or Michelle, and no more teasing about them (now that their show is back, what's the point?)

I'm frustrated but don't believe that the leghumper community will ever be what it once was... the show will be roundly criticized to infinity.

If it does focus on Jana (or any of the adult children), do you think she could be receiving a good salary to an account in her name? You'd think there would be some legal requirements there, like there are for minor actors and trust funds, but I don't know...

However, if there is ANY mention of ALERT, JTTH, Big Sandy, or anything else ATI/IBLP, I will freak the f*** out.

1 minute ago, Kira said:

I disagree. I read the #JilandJessa on twitter and most of the comments were positive. There were a few people were begging TLC to give the girls a new show. maybe that was just twitter?

They'll announce the next blessing(s) set to arrive, Jill and Derrick will come home because they have successfully converted all the ebil peoples down there (aka, ZIKA!!!!!**!!!11!!!), show Jill and Jessa going house hunting with their new TLC paychecks, Daddy will go buy them some auctioned furniture to spiff up the places, and Bin will promote his YouTube Preaching as his "career."

Basically, 19KAC with a few less people.

6 minutes ago, happy atheist said:

We might need to get you a gift certificate for a winery.

Or pool enough money together, for a short-term rental apartment in Colorado, that lasts as long as the season. With this show coming on on Tuesday, boozing it up doesn't seem too swell. We can get her stoned instead, less of a hangover you know. Heck, I would sign up for that, now that I think about it...lol.

8 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I should send you some liquor. Gyn doesn't give me hangover, is it okay? :pb_lol:

Thanks to you I only have to read my weekly session of bullshit, because I really can't leave this shit

So in the promo Ben, Jessa, JD, Josiah, Jana, Joy, Jinger, Jill, Derrick and Joseph. On the cover photo, Jessa, Joy, Jana and Jinger and Spurgeon. Can't forget the spawn of B'essa.

None of the little were shown nor ma and pa and of course none of the first born family.

I predict boring as all get out. Much like most of the last episodes.

My hope for Joy, Jinger, JD, Josiah and Joseph to leave the cult has just left.

12 minutes ago, ljohnson2006 said:

TLC: How dare you bring back the Duggars? You're rewarding a family for covering up abuse, and exploiting the victims of that abuse. You're telling us, that you're not going to have Smugs, Boob and J'Chelle on the show? Yeah, freaking right! The specials with Jill and Jessa were boring. There's no way they'll be able to carry a full series. Enough with the Duggars. Stop rewarding families who cover up abuse. ‪#‎NoExcuseForAbuse‬.

You said it perfectly. We shouldn't be surprised that our society is so awful when it comes to be serious about punishing child abuse when a family that admits to physical, sexual, and educational abuse is held up as a supposedly model Christian family. Forget the Kardashains, the Duggars are the true indicator of moral rot in our society.

ETA I also suspect that the Duggars practice financial abuse, since I highly doubt that any of the non-married adults get separate checks or that the minor Duggars have any sort of trust set up for spending practically their entire lives on camera. I would be surprised if an adult J'kid doesn't eventually sue JB and Michelle one day a la Gary Coleman.

1 minute ago, quiversR4hunting said:

So in the promo Ben, Jessa, JD, Josiah, Jana, Joy, Jinger, Jill, Derrick and Joseph. On the cover photo, Jessa, Joy, Jana and Jinger and Spurgeon. Can't forget the spawn of B'essa.

None of the little were shown nor ma and pa and of course none of the first born family.

Funny how nobody cares about cousin Amy. :content:

My first thought when I read the thread title:  Are you fucking kidding me?  But honestly, I'm not at all surprised.  Between the leghumpers and the trainwreck watchers, they'll probably have enough viewers to run for at least a little while.

I really wanted the smack the shit eating grin Ben had on his face every time he appeared on the screen

So JB found his adult kids jobs? I guess all the talk about adults sitting around doing nothing had to be mitigated.

Wonder if JB and M get a cut?

How long before the Dillards are back in the US?

3 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

So JB found his adult kids jobs? I guess all the talk about adults sitting around doing nothing had to be mitigated.

Wonder if JB and M get a cut?

I just had a mental picture, of everyone where they are at, helping them pack, incessantly chanting "vámonos, vámonos", with the curmudgeonly grandpapa's saying "no deje que la puerta se golpeó, donde el buen señor ya dividida".

Spanish translation provided by Google Translate.

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

They're not coming back; they've got it made!  Salaried income from S.O.S Ministries, tax-free donations from Dillard Family Ministries and a big fat paycheck from TLC – all while living in a country with a low cost-of-living, where the average annual income is $1,619 in US dollars. 

13 minutes ago, Kira said:

Who are these people? The Duggar's have gotten so much well deserved hate in the media I assumed all the watchers were hate-watchers, not fans of their lifestyle. 

7 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

It's seems like no matter how boring they make the episodes, enough people tune in to pay the bills. With enough babies. courtships, and marriages, they'll make it to season 2. 

53 minutes ago, SnazzyNazzy said:

The only positive thing I can think of, is that this show, will lead to some new and inventive drinking games.

Probably the only way to make watching tolerable.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived