IGNORED

Jessa, Ben & Spurgeon Part 3

Boogalou

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that Flame and the Virgin Mary and Joseph are together doesn't surprise me at all 

consider it Flame teaching Ben how to be an edgy preacher on tv

ministry = storyline 

as for the adoption angle - I can see Jessa going through with it because she needs to be the edgy Duggar Seewald 

these people know the dentist storylines don't cut it - 

it's going to happen  

@quiverofdoubt, You're probably right and Jessa has no real understanding of how a real adoption happens.  I'm sure she hasn't actually looked into the law or requirements or anything like that. Much like everything else Duggar:  if someone, somewhere said she could do it, it must be true! Facts are for losers. 

2 hours ago, Hera said:

@quiverofdoubt, You're probably right and Jessa has no real understanding of how a real adoption happens.  I'm sure she hasn't actually looked into the law or requirements or anything like that. Much like everything else Duggar:  if someone, somewhere said she could do it, it must be true! Facts are for losers. 

And research is work.

I live in Michigan and personally found it cost prohibitive.

In Michigan, it is $150 plus the cost of finger prints at the police station.

That alone is cost prohibitive to me, I don't even have half that much after paying bills.

You're also not factoring the cost of changing your drivers license, passport, getting a new birth certificate and social security card (you do need a new birth certificate afterward with the new name don't you? Or am I wrong.)

And that's just off the top of the my head. I'm sure there's other costs I haven't thought about yet...

Oh yeah, a new student ID, paperwork with the school so they use my legal name, probably a lot of paperwork for my boss too and the bank.....

1 hour ago, Trynn said:

In Michigan, it is $150 plus the cost of finger prints at the police station.

That alone is cost prohibitive to me, I don't even have half that much after paying bills.

You're also not factoring the cost of changing your drivers license, passport, getting a new birth certificate and social security card (you do need a new birth certificate afterward with the new name don't you? Or am I wrong.)

And that's just off the top of the my head. I'm sure there's other costs I haven't thought about yet...

Oh yeah, a new student ID, paperwork with the school so they use my legal name, probably a lot of paperwork for my boss too and the bank.....

The social security card change is free, and you don't  change your birth certificate.  What you do is you show the paperwork documenting your name change to the social security and the driver's license people ( who do charge for the new card, but I don't think they charge more than if you lost your card or were due to renew).  Universities will charge for a new student id, but there is usually no fee for changing your name on your records if you make the change while still enrolled/ before you graduate.  After you graduate getting your name changed on a transcript is very complicated if not impossible in some cases.  

It is, as you say, not cheap and also a lot of hassle. . . And the longer you live, the greater the hassle.  

8 hours ago, Hera said:

Hey it's hard work always trying to prove the haterzzz wrong. 

Re: The name change, this was probably over half a century ago, but my mom had an uncle who went by Barney, no idea what his real name actually was, but he hated it. Apparently when he joined the military, they found his name on his birth certificate was blank, so he wrote Barney in there, and I guess from then on that was his legal name. Or so I was told, not sure how that works.

I had a double barrelled middle name which I hated.  Individually, the names were ok, but together...it just hated it.  It wasn't on my degree, it wasn't said out loud in church when I married, and it wasn't on my drivers licence or passport.  But around the time I turned 40 they changed the rules and my new drivers licence would have to include it.  So I had a little mid life crisis and formally deleted the whole middle name.  It was a bit of a hassle, but ten years later I'm still glad I did it.  

It had wider repercussions though - My mum requested I not tell my dad, as he'd chosen the name and she thought he might be upset.  My youngest brother named his daughter the first half of the name (although slightly different spelling) three years ago.  Mum called me, said they'd called her that name, and warned me not to mention I'd deleted it.  Secrets...they're not good.

All this talk of them adopting, yet I doubt it'll happen. Would any reputable adoption agency allow such a young couple to do so?

Maybe IBLP approves of adoption now, in a way to distance themselves from Gothard. Has IBLP's stance on adoption changed?

Ben Seewald's Facebook caption says he is a writer.  Since when?  What did this 20-year-old ever write?

Maybe that's just what he wants to be when he grows up.

56cef6d977665_0Ben.PNG.32b2421726f5e7865

I'm a "writer," too. They don't call you an author until you get published. So he could be writing anything.

One and Two of Four were adopted privately in a Mid Atlantic state, 24 and 22 years ago. We still required a home study, a back ground check, and attorneys. We had an escrow account that we fed to the attorney. The attorney then paid allowable fees of the birth mother's: uncovered medical and legal fees. Back then, it was "cheap" at about $15K for One, and slightly more for Two. How on earth are Benessa going to come up with even THAT kind of money?

5 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

One and Two of Four were adopted privately in a Mid Atlantic state, 24 and 22 years ago. We still required a home study, a back ground check, and attorneys. We had an escrow account that we fed to the attorney. The attorney then paid allowable fees of the birth mother's: uncovered medical and legal fees. Back then, it was "cheap" at about $15K for One, and slightly more for Two. How on earth are Benessa going to come up with even THAT kind of money?

Grifting?  Maybe someone will set up a GoFundMe for them.  What else would they do - work?!

16 hours ago, DuggarWatch said:

I think they should just adopt pets instead of children. 

Oh gosh, I wouldn't even trust them with that! Not with their family's track records with pets! #freemeow :kitty-wink:

14 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

TLC!

44 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Prayer. Jessa has been versed in magical beliefs her whole life. Pray for something hard enough and it will come. Want a pink blanket like your sister? pray for it! and voila, a pink blanket showed up in a towed car. If she just prays enough god will drop a baby on her doorstep. Duh.

39 minutes ago, quiverofdoubt said:

Prayer. Jessa has been versed in magical beliefs her whole life. Pray for something hard enough and it will come. Want a pink blanket like your sister? pray for it! and voila, a pink blanket showed up in a towed car. If she just prays enough god will drop a baby on her doorstep. Duh.

Wait, what?  Jessa stole a blanket out of a towed car?

2 minutes ago, Hera said:

Wait, what?  Jessa stole a blanket out of a towed car?

In one of the books michelle describes this story where she was teaching the kids that if you pray hard enough for something you will get it. The girls were under 5 ish at the time.  I don't remember exactly who did what. But one sister had a pink blanket, and the other really wanted a pink one just like her sister. But as they were broke and she already had a (non pink) blanket her mother told her no, but if she really wanted it and was in god's favor she could pray for it.  Well, i guess she prayed and prayed for it for a long time, and lo and behold, in one of the cars jb was asked to tow for the police there was a pink blanket in the back. So they washed it a bunch and she got her pink blanket by the magic of prayer.  I could be iffy on the details, i read it a long time ago

Jill was the one who wanted the pink blanket because Jana had one.

20 hours ago, Kira said:

I think I know why Ben and Jessa were in ST. Louis

So did she put the spurge down to take the pic at the airport?  

Is there a massage place in the restaurant?  And I wonder why Jessa is taking so much food home!

12 minutes ago, quiverofdoubt said:

In one of the books michelle describes this story where she was teaching the kids that if you pray hard enough for something you will get it. The girls were under 5 ish at the time.  I don't remember exactly who did what. But one sister had a pink blanket, and the other really wanted a pink one just like her sister. But as they were broke and she already had a (non pink) blanket her mother told her no, but if she really wanted it and was in god's favor she could pray for it.  Well, i guess she prayed and prayed for it for a long time, and lo and behold, in one of the cars jb was asked to tow for the police there was a pink blanket in the back. So they washed it a bunch and she got her pink blanket by the magic of prayer.  I could be iffy on the details, i read it a long time ago

They realize that people still own the cars they tow, right?  And that the property inside of them doesn't automatically become up for grabs just because someone got towed? This isn't a finders keepers situation.  So, basically in this story, someone was unfortunate enough to have their car towed by the Duggars and these fine Christian folks proceed to steal a blanket from them.   God works in mysterious ways indeed. I hope they at least got a discount on the tow.

16 hours ago, Hera said:

Don't you know? As a Duggar, Jessa is above silly things like laws!

20 minutes ago, quiverofdoubt said:

I think Michelle has God confused with Santa Claus.

10 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

I think Michelle has God confused with Santa Claus.

Right?  I mean, seriously, imagine being the owner of that car and hearing Michelle's version of events.  Per Michelle, God created whatever situation occurred that prompted the police to call the Duggars to tow this person's car solely to get Jill/Jessa/Whoever a pink blanket.  Couldn't he have just dropped one out of the sky or something instead of ruing some poor bastard's day? And what about the little girl that the pink blanket belonged to? Did God have it in for her, too? 

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived