IGNORED

Jessa, Ben & Spurgeon Part 3

Boogalou

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG The Spurge does look so cute here! And I'm also mildly excited that my smartphone recognises "Spurge" now and doesn't try to spellcheck it into something else.

It bothers me (irrationally I know) that the Duggars are always flaunting the Razorback wear when they'd *never* go to college there (or pretty much *anywhere* for that matter).

I guess the Razorbacks belong to the entire state of Arkansas.

The Razorback love doesn't bother me.The Bateses are big fans of the Vols (University of Tennessee team). College football is a big thing in the South regardless of education. I don't deny there is a bit of hypocrisy there, though, since the Duggars have been very vocal about their distrust of secular schools. It surprised me to hear Jill speak positively about Derrick's Pistol Pete days.

20 minutes ago, nst said:

I don't get that cover thing 

someone explain it to me 

and now Ben and Jessa are just boring :D

thank goodness no more ravens though 

Just a car seat cover so the kid doesn't have to be super bundled up underneath to go out in the cold, and no blankets to fall off the car seat. (super handy)

32 minutes ago, karen77 said:

Just a car seat cover so the kid doesn't have to be super bundled up underneath to go out in the cold, and no blankets to fall off the car seat. (super handy)

and it's a gift from the lady who leads an army 

i still don't like it though but thank you and who noticed in pickles pictures of them all filming the lady who leads an army is being filmed 

28 minutes ago, nst said:

and it's a gift from the lady who leads an army 

i still don't like it though but thank you and who noticed in pickles pictures of them all filming the lady who leads an army is being filmed 

I do think it's weird that they just got one and they are in AR....can't be that cold!

I don't know if the cold snap we had here in the Southeast went as far west as Northwest Arkansas, but we got down to 20 and maybe lower.  It was really windy, too.  20 degrees is cold if you are not used to it.

3 hours ago, karen77 said:

with the added bonus that it hides the straps so no one can tell you that you're doing it wrong

3 hours ago, karen77 said:

I do think it's weird that they just got one and they are in AR....can't be that cold!

February is usually the coldest month here in North Carolina.  February is when we have our biggest snow storms (not this year, though :my_sad:) On Monday we had a combination of snow and ice which meant I walked the dog in snow pants, sweater, gloves, muffler, and duffle coat.

39 minutes ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

February is usually the coldest month here in North Carolina.  February is when we have our biggest snow storms (not this year, though :my_sad:) On Monday we had a combination of snow and ice which meant I walked the dog in snow pants, sweater, gloves, muffler, and duffle coat.

See, I'm from up north, and grew up in MT... just seems weird that it would be that cold that far south! but what do i know :)

On February 3, 2016 at 9:37 PM, TuringMachine said:

Part of me can't wait until they are pregnant with baby #2 and we can try to guess what the next kid will be named.

Cromwell?

7 hours ago, karen77 said:

I'm also not 100% certain these are carseatlady approved. You have to be careful with anything that attaches to the carseat.  For one thing carseat materials are flame retardant in case of an accident that results in flames, but a blanket attached to it won't be and isn't safe.

OK, if that's t he shower cap style cover it's ok. it's the bundle me thing that goes between baby and seat, and then over baby, that isn't ok.

I think Spurge might be the cutest baby I seen or it might be because he looks he actually have a personality.

As for the cover it seems to be practical with providing warmth without having the baby being too bundle up or risk losing blanket/ getting them dirty. Also I live pretty close to them but on the Oklahoma border and we been in the mid 50s/ high 60s over the last couple of weeks. 

As for them being fans of the Razorbacks I think it has something to deal with how there no professional football team in the area so they just hoot for the next best. Same thing in Oklahoma most people hoot for one of the colleges even though they never attended.

15 minutes ago, kjmackin said:

I think Spurge might be the cutest baby I seen or it might be because he looks he actually have a personality.

As for the cover it seems to be practical with providing warmth without having the baby being too bundle up or risk losing blanket/ getting them dirty. Also I live pretty close to them but on the Oklahoma border and we been in the mid 50s/ high 60s over the last couple of weeks. 

As for them being fans of the Razorbacks I think it has something to deal with how there no professional football team in the area so they just hoot for the next best. Same thing in Oklahoma most people hoot for one of the colleges even though they never attended.

He is really stinkin cute.    My area has been in the 50/60's as well, and this is a major hot spell for us. Feels like spring and t-shirt weather.

I still don't get the Razorbacks thing: they don't watch tv, so no foot ball on tv. They don't support secular schools, so why support the team? My state doesn't have a pro team, but everyone just chooses a nfl team from a neighboring state.

its an Arkansas thing....you can't go anywhere without seeing red and white. Its easier just to roll with the crowd.  I was glad when we left recently and I can wear multiple sports teams.  And it has gotten cold down there, friends have told me they've had winter storm advisories and stuff within the last week or so. Its not always the temp either, the wind can be nasty if its gusting.

Such a cutie pie!!!

12 hours ago, patsymae said:

Cromwell?

After the Monty Python piece Oliver Cromwell.  (See Spoiler).  

Spoiler

That baby is absolutely precious. I'm so sorry for his name. Like really, neither one of them thinks the name is ugly? :my_huh: I find that hard to believe. 

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived