IGNORED

Jessa, Ben & Spurgeon Part 3

Boogalou

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, karen77 said:

Just a car seat cover so the kid doesn't have to be super bundled up underneath to go out in the cold, and no blankets to fall off the car seat. (super handy)

That's what I figured it was, but to my dirty mind, it looks like a way to bring up some pretty weird memories for the kid.

Also chiming in to say that Spurgeon is a mighty cute baby. Those cheeks!

On 2/6/2016 at 5:48 AM, missegeno said:

I have no idea how I did with naps as a young child, but I cannot take naps now as an adult. If I fall asleep, I am out for 6-9 hours. Even if I just woke up from a full night's sleep, I'm out for the duration. It is nice because it also means I rarely have trouble sleeping through the night, but I am fascinated by people who can lay down, fall asleep, and be up and awake within the hour!

I once asked my partner to make me wake up from a nap that I was going to take. He removed the blankets, tickled me, and poured cold water on me before I would loosen my deathgrip on the pillow. I was grumpy the whole rest of the day and he now refuses to let me nap during the day. I'm fairly nice when I'm sleepy, but cut my sleep short and I'll cut you.

i hated naps as a kid--would often just lay on the couch until I was "released" from the nap--now I love sleep more than my husband probably LOL

i also like to be out for 6-9 hours as a nap--i sleep from 7pm until 4pm the next day (of course I now suffer from autoimmune disease/fatigue) 

5 hours ago, Trynn said:

I may start calling him Elliot. He looks like an Elliot to me.

He definitely doesn't look like a Spurgeon. I wonder what Jessa calls him?

1 minute ago, Sweet Fellowship said:

He definitely doesn't look like Spurgeon. I wonder what Jessa calls him?

I'm not sure that anyone looks like a Spurgeon.

18 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I'm not sure that anyone looks like a Spurgeon.

Can you imagine someone that DOES looklike a Spurgeon? not someone I would be a used car from that's for sure.

26 minutes ago, quiverofdoubt said:

Can you imagine someone that DOES looklike a Spurgeon? not someone I would be a used car from that's for sure.

That poor kid has to go through his whole life explaining his name, repeating it twice, and spelling it for people.  

23 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

That poor kid has to go through his whole life explaining his name, repeating it twice, and spelling it for people.  

Meh. I'm over my hatred of the name. It's not the best name ever, and I certainly wouldn't use it, but it has grown on me. (Plenty of people dislike my children's names.) And he's just so adorable I think he can pull off any name. 

27 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

I'm thinking he'll pick up a nickname at some point and go by it exclusively.  There are a lot of spike's, bears and the like out there that never go by their given name. 

On 2/18/2016 at 4:00 PM, DuggarWatch said:
On 2/18/2016 at 3:31 PM, quiverofdoubt said:

If I were him I'd go by S. Elliot Seewald if I were him. Just don't ask what the S stands for.

15 minutes ago, bjr70 said:

If I were him I'd go by S. Elliot Seewald if I were him. Just don't ask what the S stands for.

If I were Spurgeon, that's what I'd do. 

3 hours ago, Sweet Fellowship said:

He definitely doesn't look like a Spurgeon. I wonder what Jessa calls him?

Quincey. She's always careful to include that on Instagram.

Although I don't care for the name either, its not the worst 'trendy' type name out there. (maybe because I'm a Wild fan and one of the defensemen is named Jared Spurgeon) , but personally I feel 'Israel' is much, much worse. And 'Izzy' even more awful. I'm surprised they call him that because gasp that's a common girls nickname. 

8 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Although I don't care for the name either, its not the worst 'trendy' type name out there. (maybe because I'm a Wild fan and one of the defensemen is named Jared Spurgeon) , but personally I feel 'Israel' is much, much worse. And 'Izzy' even more awful. I'm surprised they call him that because gasp that's a common girls nickname. 

You really haven't been reading. They call him Choo-Choo

(It's funny because it was a thread title a while back) (Yes, this is my version of it's funny because it's true)

I had an Uncle Buddy. Didn't know his name was John till I was a teenager. Buddy Seewald. Yeah, that works.

2 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

You really haven't been reading. They call him Choo-Choo

(It's funny because it was a thread title a while back) (Yes, this is my version of it's funny because it's true)

No, Israel's nickname is Choo-Choo. Spurgeon's nickname is Quincy.

4 hours ago, bjr70 said:

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

My BIL did this very thing. Although his name was his dad's name.

So he is H. middle name last name.

3 hours ago, FleeJanaFree said:

I'm a Hawks fan, but is it still ok for me to name my kid Ghostisbehere*?  Little Ghostie, I'd call him.  Or maybe Baby Bear.

*For non-hockey fans, this is pronounced similar to "Ghost-bear/Ghost-is-Bear" http://www.puckstothe.net/pucks-to-the-net/%F0%9F%91%BB%F0%9F%90%BB/

I have a cousin who goes by Ace. It isn't even close to his real name and I didn't find that out until recently. But Ace Seewald is way cooler than Spurgeon. 

9 hours ago, Bethella said:

No, Israel's nickname is Choo-Choo. Spurgeon's nickname is Quincy.

That's what the other poster was saying. Someone said it was weird they call Israel "Izzy" because it's normally a girl nickname (and the Dyggars are such sticklers fur stupid gender roles.) The person you quoted made a joke about how the Dills have called Israel "Choo-Choo" a few times as well. It was part of a thread title for the Dillard family a while back.

10 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

I had an Uncle Buddy. Didn't know his name was John till I was a teenager. Buddy Seewald. Yeah, that works.

My little grandson calls his uncle- uncle Bud.   Lol.  I'm sure he'll have questions when he finds out uncle Buds real name.  

Poor baby (grandson) also has two uncle Mitch's and two aunt Becky's plus a close friend called aunt Becky.  Lol. He's 3 so I guess he'll figure it all out eventually as to who's who.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

That's what the other poster was saying. Someone said it was weird they call Israel "Izzy" because it's normally a girl nickname (and the Dyggars are such sticklers fur stupid gender roles.) The person you quoted made a joke about how the Dills have called Israel "Choo-Choo" a few times as well. It was part of a thread title for the Dillard family a while back.

I really want the Dillard naming theme to be [Country that begins with I] "Sound of mode of conveyance" Dillard. Indonesia "Vroom vroom" Dillard, Iraq "Whoosh" Dillard, Italy "Clop clop clop" Dillard, Ireland "TARDIS sound" Dillard...

Re:Hockey Names

My family is full of die-hard Wings fans, so when my youngest cousin was born during a Wings game, it was only natural that we'd all be sitting in the waiting room & watching it.  My aunt and uncle couldn't decide on a boy's name, so my uncle said, "We'll name him after the next Wing to get a goal."

My cousin is lucky the opposing goalie blocked Vyacheslav Kozlov from scoring, and Nicklas Lidstrom got the rebound.

I  have an uncle "Killer" (I haven't asked how he got that nickname...o.O) and an uncle "Buck". I didn't know their real names until I was a teenager. Uncle Killer has a normal common name but Buck has an old school name that I'm even now drawing a blank on...something like Edwin or Euguine...

ETA: Ooh wait, I think it's Irvin! Ha! :my_lightbulb:

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived