IGNORED

Jessa, Ben & Spurgeon Part 3

Boogalou

17 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I just returned from the grocery store and on the radio [it was XM sat radio], they mentioned that 19 kids and counting is filming again after a 7 month hiatus. That's all that was said.

Can anyone verify this?

Calling it a hiatus just makes it sound like a regular in between season break. That pisses me off.

They've been spotted filming, no official announcements yet though.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the hat, I think it's backwards. The sign behind them is backwards, but I still don't know what it says.

9 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

On the hat, I think it's backwards. The sign behind them is backwards, but I still don't know what it says.

Thats a Delta self service sign.  If they're inside security its a place with kiosks to change your seat and check status.  Outside security its to change your seats/check in/check bags.  

I'd like to know what they were doing in St. Louis without the Spurge, unless Jana was with them and she had him... 

14 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Backwards. I'm seeing LL then a fancy f or d? I could be way off on that.  The last symbol is totally gibberish to me, but it looks like a crown over it

I thought it might have been a hat from that Rapper dude...Flame. But I went to his website, nothing in the store that looks like that.

2 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

(Sorry, it's forcing me to quote you!)

I think the hat says "L.L.T.K" for Long Live The King?  Would explain the crown symbol.

1 hour ago, BullsChargers said:

I think the hat says "L.L.T.K" for Long Live The King?  Would explain the crown symbol.

I think you've got it. I guess nobody told Ben that Elvis is dead.

2 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I think you've got it. I guess nobody told Ben that Elvis is dead.

the edgy rapper preacher strikes again #theedgypreacher #Bentheauthor 

and wow sister jana mom has spud - big surprise 

I would think Spurge is with them. He's not 6 months yet, so she's probably still breast feeding. Not time to hand him over yet, according to M's guidelines. Of course, she could have one of her sisters along.

5 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Isobel Crawley, Izzie? Perish the thought.:scared-shocked:

Don't know that she'd care, but can you imagine the Dowager's reaction!? lol I love Maggie Smith so much.

7 minutes ago, twinmama said:

Don't know that she'd care, but can you imagine the Dowager's reaction!? lol I love Maggie Smith so much.

She was so much fun ripping Lord Merton's son's fiancee a new one about the two of them "welcoming" Isobel into the family.  She had those two pegged perfectly.

5 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

I'm a Rangers fan. So if that happened to anyone I know there wouldn't be that many weird names. The roster surprisingly has normal male names lol 

our weirdest is Pekka 

9 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

That was the name they were calling him when Jessa was pregnant with him. Ben was joking with Jessa that they should do a Q-letter theme, and so, carrying on the joke, they called him Quincy until he was born.

Oh I know that. I just don't get the point of continuing to call him that when that isn't his name. I know nicknames are a thing but that isn't even related to either name he was given. Quincy Elliot or Elliot Quincy would've been way better of a pick but I guess it wasn't righteous enough.

In terms of being secretive on the sex and naming, I think Ben & Jessa had hyped it up a bit much and then felt the pressure to deliver the goods. Poor lil Spurge was a victim of his parents' need for attention and their fundie brand of shock value.

Last Sunday my pastor, who is a very effective and entertaining preacher, quoted Charles Spurgeon in his sermon.  Surprised me a bit. Pastor Jeff in no fundie, and is as likely to quote Pope Francis or Martin Luther King as anyone else on his eclectic reading list.  Spurgeon is apparently quite widely admired among people in the preaching business.  

I can see how Ben would be enamoured enough to use the name for his first born.  But it's kind of like getting a tattoo.  It's more or less a mark of where a person is/was at a certain point in life. But in this case, the "tattoo" is on someone else's body! With a little more maturity, they might have gone with Spurgeon as a middle name.  They can always call him something else like Quincy or Elliott or Spur, so it's  not quite as indelible as a tattoo.

My mom was one of three girls.  She and her eldest sister have nicknames that have no relation to their given names.  When my dad first started dating my mom, he thought there were five girls in the family and kept wondering where the other two were.

On February 19, 2016 at 1:27 PM, Shadoewolf said:

Corey, or Panarin, or Jonathan, or Patrick....Tera

(I get to see them play the Wings here in about 2 weeks, I am SO thrilled!!!)

Doesnt ghost play for the Flyers?

15 hours ago, GeoBQn said:

My mom was one of three girls.  She and her eldest sister have nicknames that have no relation to their given names.  When my dad first started dating my mom, he thought there were five girls in the family and kept wondering where the other two were.

My father's went all his life by Dudi. The first time my Mother called to his home, my aunt picked the Phone. "Is (Real name) at home?" "Nope, sorry wrong number... oh wait!! YOU GIRLFRIED IS CALLING DUDI!!!!!!"

huge hockey fan here so I thought I'd add my two cents ;) My Canucks dudes don't really have any too crazy names. Not sure I'd go with Bo for my kid but the rest would be generally considered "normal" boys names :) in North America/Europe...still sounds like a fun thing to do to name your kid after the next player to score...wonder how many would chicken out though. haha

My favorite hockey player's name is Miroslav Satan who played for the Sabres and a number of other teams in the NHL as well as for a Slovak team.  He's retired now, but it was fun to see his jersey out on the ice.  How often to you get to Satan playing hockey?

18 hours ago, FleeJanaFree said:

I see Cody McLeod all the time.

@FleeJanaFree, I just realized that I'd written that sentence that you'd responded to very badly indeed.  What I meant to say was "How often do you get to see Satan playing hockey."

On February 22, 2016 at 8:37 PM, PennySycamore said:
7 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@FleeJanaFree, I just realized that I'd written that sentence that you'd responded to very badly indeed.  What I meant to say was "How often do you get to see Satan playing hockey."

Just making a joke, PS. I hate Cody McLeod, therefore he is Satan. :tw_grin:

Last week, I watched a PBS program on the Black Panther Party. When I went to the Wikipedia entry on Fred Hampton, I found out that there was 19 year old Black Panther member named Spurgeon Winter, Jr. who was killed in a shootout with the police. I guess this shows that Spurgeons come in all colors and political ideologies.

32 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

Last week, I watched a PBS program on the Black Panther Party. When I went to the Wikipedia entry on Fred Hampton, I found out that there was 19 year old Black Panther member named Spurgeon Winter, Jr. who was killed in a shootout with the police. I guess this shows that Spurgeons come in all colors and political ideologies.

If Jessa and / or Bin found that out I wonder who'd decide first when it's best to go to (wherever it is you go for name changes in America) to change Spud's name?! 

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived