IGNORED

Jessa, Ben & Spurgeon Part 3

Boogalou

I think Jessa looks exceptionally pretty in that picture. Motherhood seems to be treating her well. I hope she's enjoying it. 

As for why they're in STL I haven't the slightest clue. Maybe they're meeting up with family somewhere to welcome Josh home? 

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

That's what the other poster was saying. Someone said it was weird they call Israel "Izzy" because it's normally a girl nickname (and the Dyggars are such sticklers fur stupid gender roles.) The person you quoted made a joke about how the Dills have called Israel "Choo-Choo" a few times as well. It was part of a thread title for the Dillard family a while back.

While reading quickly it looked like she was saying Spurgeon's nickname was Choo-Choo

18 hours ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Quincey. She's always careful to include that on Instagram.

Although I don't care for the name either, its not the worst 'trendy' type name out there. (maybe because I'm a Wild fan and one of the defensemen is named Jared Spurgeon) , but personally I feel 'Israel' is much, much worse. And 'Izzy' even more awful. I'm surprised they call him that because gasp that's a common girls nickname. 

At least Israel is a "real" name. Izzy is the common nickname for Israel. Spurgeon is just wierd

1 hour ago, Kira said:

At least Israel is a "real" name. Izzy is the common nickname for Israel. Spurgeon is just wierd

Actually, "Izzy" or "Yitz" is the nickname for Isaac (Yitskhak in Hebrew).

16 hours ago, Georgiana said:

I'm a Hawks fan, but is it still ok for me to name my kid Ghostisbehere*?  Little Ghostie, I'd call him.  Or maybe Baby Bear.

*For non-hockey fans, this is pronounced similar to "Ghost-bear/Ghost-is-Bear" http://www.puckstothe.net/pucks-to-the-net/%F0%9F%91%BB%F0%9F%90%BB/

Corey, or Panarin, or Jonathan, or Patrick....Tera

(I get to see them play the Wings here in about 2 weeks, I am SO thrilled!!!)

10 minutes ago, JesSky03 said:

When I hear Izzy I associate it with the name Isabelle. 

So do I.  I think I may have watched Roswell with my daughter a little too faithfully.  I don't think anyone has ever called Isobel Crawley of Downton Abbey Izzie though.

6 hours ago, BullsChargers said:

Re:Hockey Names

My family is full of die-hard Wings fans, so when my youngest cousin was born during a Wings game, it was only natural that we'd all be sitting in the waiting room & watching it.  My aunt and uncle couldn't decide on a boy's name, so my uncle said, "We'll name him after the next Wing to get a goal."

My cousin is lucky the opposing goalie blocked Vyacheslav Kozlov from scoring, and Nicklas Lidstrom got the rebound.

I imagine Filip will be increasingly popular in Nashville the next few years, and possibly Joey. Met Johansen the other day, he is stinkin hillarious "I see you at preskate, I'm joey whats your name "

Baby Quincy is SO CUTE OH MY GOD! Anyway I still think its weird that they call him Quincy when that name is not at all related to the names that he's given. Almost makes me wonder if Quincy or Elliot is his legal name and they just used Sprugeon in the announcement for the hell of it? But that would still be weird.

And I actually love the name Israel David. The only reason I wouldn't name a child that though is because it becomes weirdly political lol.

3 minutes ago, sisterwives said:

Baby Quincy is SO CUTE OH MY GOD! Anyway I still think its weird that they call him Quincy when that name is not at all related to the names that he's given. Almost makes me wonder if Quincy or Elliot is his legal name and they just used Sprugeon in the announcement for the hell of it? But that would still be weird.

That was the name they were calling him when Jessa was pregnant with him. Ben was joking with Jessa that they should do a Q-letter theme, and so, carrying on the joke, they called him Quincy until he was born.

They should have just named him Quincy Eliot. Especially if you're going to call him Quincy anyway. Spurgeon is some bullshit for that poor kid. 

I wish they would just add Quincy and give him two middle names if they really do "love" the name Spurgeon.

Quincy Spurgeon Elliot Seewald is a mouthful, but at least two of his three given names wouldn't be too shabby. 

6 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

A fan posted this yesterday.  Wonder what they're doing in St. Louis?

wonder what the letters on Ben's hat mean?  I cant make it out.... :(

1 hour ago, BunnyBee said:

Did they have spud with them? I can't tell in that picture if either one of them is holding a car seat handle 

Doesn't look that way from the picture.  All 4 of their hands are visible and no baby in sight unless there was someone with them out of camera range.

4 hours ago, JesSky03 said:

I  have an uncle "Killer" (I haven't asked how he got that nickname...o.O) and an uncle "Buck". I didn't know their real names until I was a teenager. Uncle Killer has a normal common name but Buck has an old school name that I'm even now drawing a blank on...something like Edwin or Euguine...

ETA: Ooh wait, I think it's Irvin! Ha! :my_lightbulb:

I also have someone in my family with the nickname of Killer...he's not an uncle, but my older third/fourth cousin's husband. They called him that because he was so scared of everything LOL.  Don't think I have a "buck" in the family, but there is Bubba.  

My grandmother's mother and her siblings all had nicknames: Biggy White, Big Sis, Florence was Teet (why not Flo? IDK), Virginia was Junie.  Bubba had a son who was a third, but he went by Trip. 

4 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Doesn't look that way from the picture.  All 4 of their hands are visible and no baby in sight unless there was someone with them out of camera range.

They could have just set down the bucket seat....those things are heavy!

I just returned from the grocery store and on the radio [it was XM sat radio], they mentioned that 19 kids and counting is filming again after a 7 month hiatus. That's all that was said.

Can anyone verify this?

8 hours ago, BullsChargers said:

Re:Hockey Names

My family is full of die-hard Wings fans, so when my youngest cousin was born during a Wings game, it was only natural that we'd all be sitting in the waiting room & watching it.  My aunt and uncle couldn't decide on a boy's name, so my uncle said, "We'll name him after the next Wing to get a goal."

My cousin is lucky the opposing goalie blocked Vyacheslav Kozlov from scoring, and Nicklas Lidstrom got the rebound.

I'm a Rangers fan. So if that happened to anyone I know there wouldn't be that many weird names. The roster surprisingly has normal male names lol 

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived