IGNORED

Sierra Jo Dominguez Abysmal Wedding Planner Part 2

Coconut Flan

i can't see what the point is to "go after" sierra for selling this stuff, but what if someone gets sick? what if her kitchen isn't 100% clean? what if her fridge is off by a few degrees? we run a very tight ship at our coffee shop and still got dinged for a few things on the last inspection...and we don't even cook there! i would never buy food from an uncertified kitchen knowing what i know now...

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the cookie girl a fundie?

Her cookies are pretty but it's really strange that she doesn't take custom orders. So...you can order what's available that day or what?

1 hour ago, MayMay1123 said:

i can't see what the point is to "go after" sierra for selling this stuff, but what if someone gets sick? what if her kitchen isn't 100% clean? what if her fridge is off by a few degrees? we run a very tight ship at our coffee shop and still got dinged for a few things on the last inspection...and we don't even cook there! i would never buy food from an uncertified kitchen knowing what i know now...

Exactly.  If Sierra wants to market her products on the Internet, then she needs to apply for the proper permits from the Arkansas Department of Health and open her food preparation facility to inspection.  It very much is a matter of public safety and complying with the law.  Why do so many fundies act like laws don't apply to them?

2 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

Why do so many fundies act like laws don't apply to them?

Because God...?

Playing Devil's Advocate here-- what evidence do we have that Sierra does NOT have the proper permits/licenses/paperwork/whatever?

PS Granted, I don't think twice about buying baked goods at local charity bazaars/Amish roadside stands/school fundraisers. Living on the edge, man

10 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Playing Devil's Advocate here-- what evidence do we have that Sierra does NOT have the proper permits/licenses/paperwork/whatever?

Because people asked her on her Instagram and Sierra deleted the comments and made the statement, "Thanks for your concern."

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

PS Granted, I don't think twice about buying baked goods at local charity bazaars/Amish roadside stands/school fundraisers. Living on the edge, man

For real though, I love a good bake sale. 

With all the horrible shit that goes down in fundie families the concern is Sierra selling a few dozen strawberries?  Really?  Kids not getting educated, no problem, kids not getting fed, not an issue, kids being abused, eh they'll live.  But a gal posts on Instagram that you can pre-order some chocolate strawberries and we've got links to the appropriate government agency to contact to take her down because that's where the real evil is.

PS Can't wait for the local farmer's market with all of the cottage food people.  I need some good homemade bread. 

All this talk about chocolate covered strawberries is making me crave some. I'm not the only one, right?

41 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

All this talk about chocolate covered strawberries is making me crave some. I'm not the only one, right?

For $89 I'll send you some. :content:

2 hours ago, princessmahina said:

Fruit and chocolate combined just don't do it for me. Chocolate - hell yeah! Fruit - meh.

8 hours ago, princessmahina said:

No you aren't but if I go pick some up I'll have to have a piece of chocolate dipped frozen cheesecake and some truffles.

Married to a chef so I know way more than I ever wanted to about food sanitation ,regulations, etc.  IF (and I very highly doubt this) Sierra has the proper permits then good for her.  But if she doesn't then she is putting the general public at risk and heck yes she should be stopped.  Some say what's the big deal?  Look at the recalled spinach from the last few years for Salmonella. Celery for E. Coli,  Ice Cream for Listeria.  Unfortunately those are things easily transmitted through a non-regulated kitchen not to mention contagions associated with humans.  I do believe you can look up permits on one of the Arkansas government websites.

My son's ex is ignorant.

She has two children,boys.One from her marriage,the other from a 3 year realtionship.She told my son she didnt think she'd get pg because the ex boyfriend smoked and drank.I shook my head.

Her father had a much younger gf.She was in jail.They found out she had a baby.The ex(my son's) said her Dad told her he had erectile dysfunction and was unable to finish the job...so it couldnt be his.Wow.

What next?My son can't father a child because he's a diabetic?

12 minutes ago, melon said:

My son's ex is ignorant.

She has two children,boys.One from her marriage,the other from a 3 year realtionship.She told my son she didnt think she'd get pg because the ex boyfriend smoked and drank.I shook my head.

Her father had a much younger gf.She was in jail.They found out she had a baby.The ex(my son's) said her Dad told her he had erectile dysfunction and was unable to finish the job...so it couldnt be his.Wow.

What next?My son can't father a child because he's a diabetic?

All I can say is that if it were my son, I would have been ecstatic when she became the "ex.":kitty-wink:

But you are right that some people's misconceptions about conception are appalling.

On 2/3/2016 at 1:50 PM, Screamapillar said:

The most egregious MLMs are such cash cows. Like that Shakeology cult. They had a convention for their sellers here in Nashville last year in which they shut down all of Broadway (the main tourist drag) one evening to have a huge private concert and street party. It was a fairly known artist they had performing, though I don't remember who it was. (I was too busy being annoyed that my evening commute was blocked by a horde of tipsy neon yoga pants wearing ladies). The kind of money that a company has to spend to do something like that is insane. If people enjoy using and shilling the product, that's cool I guess, but it's jaw dropping the amount of money companies like that make. 

I am so glad I do not work downtown any longer.  Getting out of Downtown Nashville at peak time when there is an event has become such a nightmare.  

Just creeped Sierra's profile on Facebook to see the ad for the berries/cookies.  Someone left a public comment asking to place an order and said something along the lines of "my husband told me I could get what I wanted" for v-day. 

This made me sad--the excited tone about being able to get what you want suggested to me that this woman rarely gets what she wants.

It's not that I'm concerned that Sierra isn't following the laws of food sales or even food safety. The reason I snark about the strawberries is because they just don't sound/look appetizing. To sell such uninspired, ordinary food for that price just seems like another form of grifting to me. So, sure, we could be commenting on her children's futures,  the gender role problems, etc., but the overpriced,  underwhelming strawberry selling is directly related to the fundie thing to me, and therefore quite snarkworthy. I will be impressed if she ever sells organizes something that actually takes skill and creativity. I'm sure some of her clients wouldn't even be buying her stuff if it wasn't for her association with the Duggars.

The cookie lady has charged that price for 2 dozen of her cookies alone, without those lackluster strawberries and grapes being included.

I have always wondered how DoughmesticHousewife operates her business because it seems she randomly decides on a theme of the week and you either take it or leave it as a customer. I am sure she does custom orders for friends (as seen by fAmy's bridal shower) but then Sierra, her good friend, gives birth and she brings her a three cookie set of the pumpkin spice latte cookie of the week. I always found that odd. Either way, I think she might be a good influence to Sierra; her kids go to school, albeit christian school, she wears leather leggings and heels out on date night, her daughter does gymnastics and wears a regular leotard, and she seems to be stopping at 3 kids. Maybe Sierra will see you can still be a woman-of-Christ and love the Lord and all that jazz while taking it down a notch from full blown Fundie. 

I have done farmers markets.  Thinking of doing them again.  Just looked up Arkansas Cottage Food Law.  Indeed, it is illegal for anyone to sell their cottage produced foods over the internet.

http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/programsservices/environmentalhealth/foodprotection/documents/cottagefoodguidelines.pdf

2. Who and where can Cottage Food be sold?

Cottage food items can only be sold direct from the manufacturer to the consumer either from the site where the food is made, a farmer’s market, a county fair, or special event. Internet sales of Cottage Food is not allowed

There are also pretty strict rules about labeling, in my state at least.  If she does not have a commercial license, and the state investigates, then she could be hit with a heavy fine, and be subject to confiscation of all her kitchen equipment.  There are ways around this.  Such as renting a commercially licensed kitchen from church or other such organization. (she would also have to store all her ingredients and finished products there) It would depend on state laws and I didn't read the whole Arkansas law on the subject.

Speaking of Sierra's shenanigans, I'm going to a Chinese New Year potluck tomorrow, and since I'm lazy and don't want to attempt a Chinese dish and look like a tool for messing it up/using the wrong ingredients, I'm going to make chocolate covered strawberries. Easy, red (in keeping with the theme), and relatively cheap.

On 2/3/2016 at 0:13 PM, QuiverDance said:

I can count on one hand my SAHM friends who do NOT sell Rodan and Fields.  

I am a SAHM. I had to google Rodan and Fields.  Looks to be yet another pyramid type scheme, I assume. I am so sick of that crap.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived